Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators (16219 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by yungryce: 6:26am On Dec 07, 2013
For windows phone users, jst long press on d msg/call, then block number

Shayooluwah:
Asin ehnn... access bank Na Wayray too..... send dis to check bank account balance..... send dat to stop ATM......

the amount dey don use send me SMS don pass d amount wae dae d account
bros, d one wey dey pain me pass b say Dem go still withdraw 1k 4rm ur acc 4 d yeye msgs. Na y Dem get mind to dey send am. 1 naira no dey see my access acc again grin
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by titoetal(m): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2013
It's just like spam mail, can you stop it? You can only make yourself unavailable by not clicking on the mail to see its contents. Just select and delete.
In the same way, to limit this spam calls and sms, don't pick the call to listen to their adverts neither open the sms to see the contents. Just delete the missed calls as unviewed and the sms as unread.
Indeed it is unbecoming of this network providers and ncc's insensitivity to consumers complaints. Shall we go on warning strike against this networks? May be they will listen.
God help Nigeria.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 07, 2013
kodred: Misleading topic. I saw it and quickly clicked on it thinking it will solve my problem cos glo calls me like 3 to 4 times in a day angry op add a ? to d topic jor

Papi you're not alone. undecided
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Phrankin(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Lakeshizu: grin grin grin we using lumia phones are lucky.....we have dis feature called blocked messages grin grin grin any number that is not up to 11 will be blocked, but they re-strategized, we blocked the numbers totally..... "Yello! keep your callers dancing to the hot new single by Banky W, "jasi" on MTN Callertunez! Text 20 to 4100 to get it now! SMS costs N50/tune.....blocked by blocked numbers. embarassed embarassed embarassed
like they say, a frog in a well knows not the ocean. Bro hop out from the well of windows phones to the infinite ocean of android phone.s
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
crazy mtn thier lattest is DETTOL promo and Brainwave and not 4getting their yeye 15/day insurance ish, lyk would da phuck need all dz ish. Sometyms i dont botter checking a new inbox.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Gosj01(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
You wouldn't believe the much sms and calls i do recieve everyday from Airtel and mtn, to make matter worse, Accessbank too follow just pathetic that when my battery remain lyk 5%-3%, Na Airtel msg go enter, Early in the morning, na mtn get that one, mid-afternoon/afternoon Accessbank, dusk-night na Airtel. Funny enough if i send STOP/DEACTIVATE, what i do see is that i Haven't subscribe to such service.........
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by wordcat(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
same thing here,

[quote
author=kodred]Misleading topic. I saw it and quickly clicked on it
thinking it will solve my problem cos glo calls me like 3 to 4 times in a
day angry op add a ? to d topic jor[/quote]
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by DonOms(m): 1:46am On Dec 08, 2013
For one, those calls are not called "spam calls" but they are called Robocalls. It is a recent mobile communication tool that is used for infomercials, campaigns or timed message delivery. It is not in Nigeria alone that these calls are received, but in many other countries including the US and UK.

Here in the UK, new laws against robocalls were made late this year so as to protect people's privacy. Basically, as long as one does not subscribe for these calls, one shouldn't receive it. But as we know in Nigeria, things are abused. I once called AIRTEL about it and the agent who picked the call explained how "normal" it is and told me he receives the calls too while he claimed the calls are not made frequently as I claimed.

Anyway, I support the blocking of the numbers that make these calls and send the SMSs but beyond that, individuals can call the service providers and complain about the calls and SMS, and also notify NCC through their offices or website. This way, very soon, something will be done about it.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by MztrChukwu(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
kodred: Misleading topic. I saw it and quickly clicked on it thinking it will solve my problem cos glo calls me like 3 to 4 times in a day angry op add a ? to d topic jor

The topic should be re-named if possible. Here I am, thinking a solution has been preferred to the issue. E don taya person abeg.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by lance4luv(m): 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
4bobo: help us o, the most annoying is that of glo especially 547 flashing and 34001 calling. I think is one social chat like that. If u try call back, they deduct money. Then i have searched how to stop it, they deducted money again for opt out, then after 2 days again re surfaced again. I am tired of those scammers. I never suscribed initially.
Yes, this 34001 is TORMENTING ME!! CALLING ME LIKE FIVE TIMES A DAY, WHETHER YOU PICK OR CUT IT WILL STILL CALL, THIS IS NOT ADVERTISING, THIS IS TORMENTING!!! PLEASE WHAT CAN WE. DO ABOUT IT? IF. I. MOVE TO ANOTHER NETWORK THE SAME ACT WILL PERSIST, SINCE NCC IS NOT INTERESTED, WE THE USERS MUST COME UP WITH AN IDEA, IS THERE NO WAY IN THE WORLD OF MOBLE PHONE CODES THAT ONE CAN BAR/BLOCK A PARTICULAR NUMBER FROM. CALLING OR TEXTING??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photos) Tecno Camon C8 Priced At N25,900 / Jumia Marathon Delivery Testimonies/complains / Create Mtn Recharge Card For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.