Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. (1452 Views)

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? / Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / See What This Dude Is Giving To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by macof(m): 1:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Ruq:

I tell you mehn, after consistent reasoning, I came to a conclusion that our Conscience is our God, which has a lot to do with consciousness.

Yes Our Consciousness is our God here on earth

www.ibukolesnest.com/194/
More the importance of self Consciousness
Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by MrTroll(m): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
fredx4:
You can't explain spiritual phenomenons with physical observations. I believe in God and if God says there's a heaven I believe Him wholeheartedly. And even if you don't believe in God, do you want to say u don't believe in the devil, or how do you want to explain people that do money rituals and people that have various charms. Dont be naïve and don't have a myopic view of life, the "spiritual world exists".
@bold, grin grin grin

@red, grin grin cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by plaetton: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

The bold you highlighted is not speaking of fleshly death but spiritual death or the second death. The death of our Filipino brethren is tragic but accepting Jesus doesn't mean that you are then immune to all the bad things in the world. We will all die of something. That's natural. BUT, because many of those Filipinos believe in Jesus, they are now in the presence of God, where their joy is eternal. You see, it depends on perspective. Most people are afraid of death because they see it as final. For the believer, it is the beginning of eternity.

For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. (Romans 14:8 NKJV)

And I thought that spirits were immortal.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by macof(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2013
plaetton:

And I thought that spirits were immortal.
I don't get how some folks think Spirits can die

Doesn't dat mean God is liable to die also

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Give Your Life To God. by MrTroll(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2013
macof:
I don't get how some folks think Spirits can die

Doesn't dat mean God is liable to die also
lol. He did na...for 3 days cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Sign Fireman Hits The Front Page Of News Papers In America / I Have Decided To Established A Church. / Why Do We Have Muslim Forum But We Dont Have Christian Forum On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.