Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) (683 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2008
Chelsea of England midfielder, John Obi Mikel, has finally opened up on why all attempts to resolve the stalemate between him and Dream Team Four Head Coach, Samson Siasia, hit the rocks.

The Super Eagles star told brilafm.net that the meeting between him, some top shots of the Nigeria Football Association and Siasia did not yield any positive result because he was not ready to apologise for an act he did not commit. He said: "I don’t disrespect people but when people offend me I expect them to apologise but in this case, many bad things were said about me and my family and nobody was ready to apologise."

The former Flying Eagles star added: "I have learnt that in this life, when you offend people you have to admit it and say sorry and I don’t expect anything less when I’m offended." Mikel however, urged his colleagues to go to Beijing and do the nation proud. "My heart will be with the team, particularly my room mate, Onyekachi Apam, and I have told them to got there and do our great country proud.”

The Chelsea youngster acknowledged that there are many talented players in the team. adding that with or without him the team would shine at the Games. He expressed confidence in Siasia’s ability to lead the team to glory in China.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/soccerstar/2008/july/03/soccerstar-3-07-2008-002.htm
Re: Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) by Jarus(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2008
This is pride. Even if he didn't commit the offence, he should still come up with something apologetic, because 90% of Nigerians see the excuses he gave for missing qualifying series as too flimsy. For example, in the all-important game against S/Africa in Abuja, he was told toarrive on, I think Monday, but he said he cannot arrive until tuesday, a day to the match, and Siasia frankly told him off not to bother coming if he can't arrive on Monday. The period was FIFA FREE PERIOD and almost all Chelsea players were with their national teams playing for their countries. Taiwo and Anichebe all arrived early for that match. So what is Mikel saying!
Re: Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) by mukina2: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2008
This could have been posted in here : Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel?
Re: Mikel Laments Olympics Exclusion(replies Siasia) by holythug(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2008
time to moderate i guess

(1)

Nigeria Vs Argentina / Siasia And Mikel Obi ! / African Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.