Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! (18642 Views)

Pls Nairalanders Help Me Now?? I Dont Understand This Airtel 3gb / Please Kindly Help With This Airtel Operamini Bundles / See This Airtel 1+1 Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by lobatan(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2013
kilo234: the op is so on point. but i blame airtel to have let us known b4 blocking it, they should have just blocked it without letting us know as mtn has been doing ever since
. That is d problem. When a service provider does somtin witout telling her customers they should be sued for the inconvenience. But when we are told, it shows they kϞO̶̷̩̥̊͡w d right thing, dey should be appreciated and the others should be criticised
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2013
But if you actually do use a blackberry, why would you use airtel on it?

somebody explain why it makes sense to use airtel when other networks have better network performance and give higher data quota for less.

1k on glo, eti and mtn gives u 3gb of data. 1.5k on airtel is 2gb with terrible network sad
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by segzicres(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Airtel were foolish to have stopped the android users. I mean they have made huge bills from that alone. I have 2 airtel sims just cause of that. Lol. Funny thing is im sure i will misplace them real soon. If they really are smart, they should continue or rather still make it really affordable
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by jitela: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2013
[quote author=texazzpete]Guys, we get it. You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel. You're upset that now, you'll have to start paying for your data bundles like the rest of the populace. Yes, data plans are not cheap.
imagine this one o. cheap android my ass. just because you manage buy curve 2 we'll not rest Abi? anyways i'm not using airtel but mind the way you address pple.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Vires: 11:44am On Dec 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: But if you actually do use a blackberry, why would you use airtel on it?

somebody explain why it makes sense to use airtel when other networks have better network performance and give higher data quota for less.

1k on glo, eti and mtn gives u 3gb of data. 1.5k on airtel is 2gb with terrible network sad

That is why I think it is a marketing strategy to make plenty of money for the end year, a lot of non bb user have been renewing their accounts since this announcement was made
They know exactly what they are doing

1 Like

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by leTrizzle: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
texazzpete:

Airtel does N2000 per month for 500MB, for example. Since low cost Android smartphones are sweeping the market now, and these are data intensive, I'd suggest doubling this to N2000 for 750MB. It's currently N1000 for 200MB, perhaps an upgrade to 350MB?

Nigerian data plans aren't the most expensive in the world, but we DO have a significant population that aren't too well off.

Either way, this isn't an issue for me since I always go for the large data caps (Etisalat 8GB for N8k, shared between my phone and my iPad).

Whats the relationship btw a phone being cheap n its rate of data comsumption?
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by itsmayiela(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
for beating a fellow Nigerian in India, we are all expected to boycott all India-related products and services. Guys, pls run from Airtel
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by texazzpete(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
jitela: imagine this one o. cheap android my Bottom. just because you manage buy curve 2 we'll not rest Abi? anyways i'm not using airtel but mind the way you address pple.

I'm not sure if it's poverty mentality or just a plain old Freudian slip that is responsible for your 'curve 2' comment. I'm not sure if it's a stunted education or just a limited IQ that is making some of you assume that I'm arguing from a Blackberry fanboy point of view. The point of my OP should be crystal clear to anyone who has received education up to the Junior Secondary School level. What's wrong with you?

le Trizzle:

Whats the relationship btw a phone being cheap n its rate of data comsumption?

*sigh*

Low cost Android smartphones are now well within the purchasing power of the masses. By far the largest bloc of users for any Nigerian network is dumbphones like the Nokia Asha, Torchlight phones etc.
Now that cheaper smartphones are taking huge chunks of marketshare from the dumbphone segment, more people are using more data hungry phones.
That, in a nutshell, is what I meant by that statement. Stop reading meanings that aren't there.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Help4rmme2u(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
now its blocked wot else
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by jaylorde(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
texazzpete: Guys, we get it. You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel. You're upset that now, you'll have to start paying for your data bundles like the rest of the populace. Yes, data plans are not cheap.

But please, can you people STFU for once and stop this incessant whining?

The problem is not with Airtel. The problem is that the data plans we have from our carriers are rather expensive, especially on the low end. Instead of making this all about Airtel, take on ALL the carriers and take your complaints to the NCC.

FACT: Airtel Data plans are not more expensive than plans from Etisalat or MTN. Saying you'll break your Airtel line over this is just plain childish. If MTN gives you better service, why not port over with no fuss?

FACT: Complaining here on Nairaland will not change anything. If you really feel aggrieved at this situation, why not tweet at NCC Nigeria (@NgComCommission), for example, to complain about high cost of data plans.

I have zero stake in Airtel. In fact, I ported my Airtel line to Etisalat some months ago thanks to poor internet data speeds in my region. I voted with my Naira. Do the same with minimal fuss if you feel aggrieved.

e be like say u dey mad abi
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by WhiteNiccur(m): 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
You are obviously giving out good points,but the fact that you choose to insult people while at it does not make sense.

I'm not a fan of android, I use an iphone & I'm currently using the airtel BIS plan. We know it's a cheat but will any reasonable person choose to pay more for data when he can pay less?

So it's not only people with "cheap android phones" that use the cheat, even my colleagues with iphone 5s use it too.

I have really been waiting for them to block the cheat so Nigerians can realize how expensive data plans are. Imagine paying 1000naira for 250MB that won't even last me 2days. The average Nigerian can't afford it!!!

I don't think it will cost these service providers anything to subsidize the cost of data plans. People will use up more data if it were cheaper and faster.

My friends in UK stream seasonal movies online, when will that happen in Nigeria?

I should also use these opportunity to complain about the incessant SPAM text messages from MTN and AIRTEL, it's TOO MUCH.

I even called customer care about it and they were bold to tell me nothing can be done about it.

NOT FAIR!!!

Instead of doing promos where they give out millions to just one person, they should make data plans affordable so everyone can be happy.

2 Likes

Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
hahaha.

im so laffing my arse off here mehn.

tex..... now ur feeling the horde on nl yeah? grin
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by babsalux09(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
WhiteNiccur: You are obviously giving out good points,but the fact that you choose to insult people while at it does not make sense.

I'm not a fan of android, I use an iphone & I'm currently using the airtel BIS plan. We know it's a cheat but will any reasonable person choose to pay more for data when he can pay less?

So it's not only people with "cheap android phones" that use the cheat, even my colleagues with iphone 5s use it too.

I have really been waiting for them to block the cheat so Nigerians can realize how expensive data plans are. Imagine paying 1000naira for 250MB that won't even last me 2days. The average Nigerian can't afford it!!!

I don't think it will cost these service providers anything to subsidize the cost of data plans. People will use up more data if it were cheaper and faster.

My friends in UK stream seasonal movies online, when will that happen in Nigeria?

I should also use these opportunity to complain about the incessant SPAM text messages from MTN and AIRTEL, it's TOO MUCH.

I even called customer care about it and they were bold to tell me nothing can be done about it.

NOT FAIR!!!

Instead of doing promos where they give out millions to just one person, they should make data plans affordable so everyone can be happy.

u av said it all bro,but to me u still dont count what i paid as cheat but this same people network people will deduct my balance for no good reason,u will call their customer care,they will be tellin u trash,so if they can cheat me and defend themselve,if i cheat them and defend myself i guess no wahala..cheat or no cheat,i paid for it,let them just do somethin better to internet tariffs,and i will support Op on tweetin to NCC,if something can b done which doubt,.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
lampardizik: God bless you op!...if u no lyk airtel again f.u .c.k out!!!

all dis airtel staff una never see anything. if una like post crap wit different handle. who send. worst network ever. I just dey wait make December end so I can port back to mtn. dis 3 months is d worst of my life network wise. mtn edge is much better dan airtel h+

#teambreakairtelsim#
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by barcaboi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
texazzpete: Guys, we get it. You're upset that the exploit you've used to use BIS data on your cheap Android phones is being closed by Airtel. You're upset that now, you'll have to start paying for your data bundles like the rest of the populace. Yes, data plans are not cheap.

But please, can you people STFU for once and stop this incessant whining?

The problem is not with Airtel. The problem is that the data plans we have from our carriers are rather expensive, especially on the low end. Instead of making this all about Airtel, take on ALL the carriers and take your complaints to the NCC.

FACT: Airtel Data plans are not more expensive than plans from Etisalat or MTN. Saying you'll break your Airtel line over this is just plain childish. If MTN gives you better service, why not port over with no fuss?

FACT: Complaining here on Nairaland will not change anything. If you really feel aggrieved at this situation, why not tweet at NCC Nigeria (@NgComCommission), for example, to complain about high cost of data plans.

I have zero stake in Airtel. In fact, I ported my Airtel line to Etisalat some months ago thanks to poor internet data speeds in my region. I voted with my Naira. Do the same with minimal fuss if you feel aggrieved.
U make sense bro.....using airtel since 2005 and I've neva regretted it....dey shd stop d whining
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by texazzpete(m): 12:13am On Dec 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: hahaha.

im so laffing my arse off here mehn.

tex..... now ur feeling the horde on nl yeah? grin

Yes o, and I'm totally unfazed. Most of the people attacking me are of such stunted intelligence, it's funny.

Strange how most people leave the main import of the OP and start attacking me over the 'Cheap Android phones' line. Freudian slips, all of them grin
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by GoodBoi1(m): 12:53am On Dec 07, 2013
airtel bis still works on pc
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by icankel: 6:39am On Dec 07, 2013
Jenams: ''our society is a very corrupt one, and to survive, one must be xtra corrupt''. well, una wey still dey buy data bundle from our criminal ISP get money to waste sha, i'm currently flexin MTN FBT with ease. Posting with it right now #PC.things.
i forbid to buy monthly unlimited data access for anytin more than 1k. tufiakwa!
so until then, na breaking and entry sure pass! (knowledge is power).
i for like to share d loophole, but MTN over sabi agents full here. so make everybody maintain him lane!
Help ur bros here ican200677@yahoo.com. Tnx
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by ify84(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2013
@op..... what is ur own..... AIRTEL BIS still works on android after 3rd December..... u know y.....because people complian on nairaland, Facebook and twitter.... so u see.... complaining on nairaland without paying vanguard for advert work....
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 07, 2013
na God go punish that guy do u know how much a galaxy s4 cost?dick head why must u insult people using cheap android phones na ur buisness?people like u end up using bb curve 2,go and and thank airtel for blocking bis on android phone na.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2013
Amala!!!!
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by Otantu: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
texazzpete:

Airtel does N2000 per month for 500MB, for example. Since low cost Android smartphones are sweeping the market now, and these are data intensive, I'd suggest doubling this to N2000 for 750MB. It's currently N1000 for 200MB, perhaps an upgrade to 350MB?

Nigerian data plans aren't the most expensive in the world, but we DO have a significant population that aren't too well off.

Either way, this isn't an issue for me since I always go for the large data caps (Etisalat 8GB for N8k, shared between my phone and my iPad).
pls hw do I share data in etisalat,I mean d code?
Bro am still waiting o,help pls o
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by texazzpete(m): 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
markmira: na God go punish that guy do u know how much a galaxy s4 cost?dick head why must u insult people using cheap android phones na ur buisness?people like u end up using bb curve 2,go and and thank airtel for blocking bis on android phone na.

What is it with you guys and your inferiority complex?
Your poverty doesn't worry me...it is the poverty of your mind that I'm more worried about.
Re: This Airtel Backlash Is Misguided! by GoodBoi1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
WhiteNiccur: You are obviously giving out good points,but the fact that you choose to insult people while at it does not make sense.

NOT FAIR!!!

because 13 year old mavelo won an ipad or whatever, I wont rest again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / Glo Night Plan Subscription Codes (1gb For N100, 500mb For N50 And More) / Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.