Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. (13327 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
rexsul, you are of the opinion that children spend more time with their parents than their teachers but i know statistics show otherwise. do you want to withdraw that statement or are you willing to shed more light?

cowleg,you wrote that parents have little time for their kids because they are busy working hard to provide for them. Are you making excuses for parents? are you trying to say that the responsibility of parents ends at making money for the upkeep of the family?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Debaters start answering the questions directed to you by the judges and not questions from your co-debator. the time for that is over
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:
rexsul, you are of the opinion that children spend more time with their parents than their teachers but i know statistics show otherwise. do you want to withdraw that statement or are you willing to shed more light?

please can y0u p0st the link t0 the statistics? Cause right fr0m a childs birth,the parents stay are l0ng than that 0f the teachers.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
At cowleg ,My question is simple ,u made mention of alcohol consumption in presence of kid is hygienic , i wanna know the morale lessons or unconscious lessons it impact on the kid, since you were in support, then there must be a reason why it isnt a bad influence
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

cowleg,you wrote that parents have little time for their kids because they are busy working hard to provide for them. Are you making excuses for parents? are you trying to say that the responsibility of parents ends at making money for the upkeep of the family?

Thank you madam for the question, i acknowledged parental training in my argument, but i oppose that parents should be blamed for what their child chose to do, am not making excuses for parents. I rather blame societal challenges that compel them to work hard enough there by having little close contact with their children.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
REXSUL you posted >>

The teacher only reads from books to the children what, how and when they should do things but the child learns faster from the way the parents behave; how they do a thing, the way and manner things are been done.

@bolded...are you also implying that children do not learn faster from how Teachers behave.
Secondly are you categorically implying that all a teacher does in your own words is "reads from books to the children what, how and when they should do things"

REXSUL you posted >>

Parents do not evalute the form and quantity of media permitted at home without knowing that their kids have a propensity to absorb the messages that bombard them because it is a proven fact that kids love to watch an excessive amount of unbeneficial programs on television and eventually exposing themselves to the negative influence in such programs.

What is your source for this crucial information, that gives this point more weight?

COWLEG you posted>>

Once a child reaches a certain age their parents cannot control everything they do Teenagers and adolescents are free thinking and independent, parents cannot and should not be held responsible for what a child does. Every individual is responsible for their actions, no parent teaches any wrong lesson to their children

What certain age are you implying, and are you saying parents can control everything a child does below that age.

Secondly what happens in a scenarios whereby a parent introduces a child into a family business where the business involves crime. Does your statement still hold?

LEEBLISS13 you posted >>

Unf0rtunately, 99% of children who lack discipline in school have been taught by their parents that it is fine t0 d0 what they want.

What is your source?

LEEBLISS13 you posted >>

Parents are supposed to be the first teachers of their children who are responsible for teaching them the proper behavi0urs before they g0 t0 sch00l and learn more from their teachers and peers.The basic valves of children are learned and developed at home with parents as their first teachers,so when kids misbehave, parents are more likely to be blame.

What happens when a child is raised in an orphanage?
Secondly are you supporting a new motion that says "parents are more likely to be blame" or the motion you were assigned which is that "Parents should be held responsible " ... for their school- going children's discipline problems.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dj hack: At cowleg ,My question is simple ,u made mention of alcohol consumption in presence of kid is[b] hygienic [/b], i wanna know the morale lessons or unconscious lessons it impact on the kid, since you were in support, then there must be a reason why it isnt a bad influence
Meanwhile am not comfortable with the word hygienic, it is not a bad influence as long as their parents will not abuse the drink.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Debaters start doing justice to the question as soon as they are visible because time for answering the questions will soon be over
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Mattew briggs, Thank you sir, Once a child is not confine at home 24hours, i don't think parents can control everything a child does, don't forget children pretends alot and hide many things from their parents.

when a parent introduce a criminal business to his child, then the parent should be blamed and held responsible for what he thought the child.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: please can y0u p0st the link t0 the statistics? Cause right fr0m a childs birth,the parents stay are l0ng than that 0f the teachers.

meant for rexsul.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:
Meanwhile am not comfortable with the word hygienic, it is not a bad influence as long as their parents will not abuse the drink.
Abuse or No Abuse! What is wrong is wrong, so you think taking it in their presence wouldn't catalyse them into taking it someday without knowing their capacity?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

Thank you madam for the question, i acknowledged parental training in my argument, but i oppose that parents should be blamed for what their child chose to do, am not making excuses for parents. I rather blame societal challenges that compel them to work hard enough there by having little close contact with their children.

society? interesting. thank you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Matthew briggs:

@bolded...are you also implying that children do not learn faster from how Teachers behave.
since the parents are their first teachers,they adapt faster fr0m their parents than teachers
Secondly are you categorically implying that all a teacher does in your own words is "reads from books to the children what, how and when they should do things" m0st teachers

What is your source for this crucial information, that gives this point more weight?
wikipedia

What is your source? Child discipline=>wikipedia

What happens when a child is raised in an orphanage? the child takes them as their parents and first teacher
Secondly are you supporting a new motion that says "parents are more likely to be blame" or that "Parents should be held responsible " ... for their school- going children's discipline problems
n0, am n0t. Just using that as an illustrati0n..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Double post
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
FUTMINNA representatives start answering your questions. your time is ticking off
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
FUTMINNA representatives start answering your questions because your time is ticking off
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

meant for rexsul.
his n0t ar0und,s0,am in his stead.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
At Mathew briggs....Yes we know a child absorbs what he is been thought at home and in the school with the same brain bt we all know that most of what teachers teaches in school is the subject given to them or what would you say in a situation whereby different teachers teaches the child different subject of cause there aim will be to meet up with the syllabus. But a child will learn from most of the action of his parent and this will comprise more of practical than theory.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dj hack: Abuse or No Abuse! What is wrong is wrong, so you think taking it in their presence wouldn't catalyse them into taking it someday without knowing their capacity?

Personally i see alcohol as a drink for refreshment, it is only a bad thing when it is abused, meanwhile different brands of alcohol are advertised daily on tv and radios... there are many beer parlors in different neighborhoods so a child must not learn everything from his parents, they are easily exposed to this products in Nigeria bar tenders can sell alcohol to you regardless of your age, so legislation should be made to prevent sale of alcohol to underage children.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: @Mattew briggs, Thank you sir, Once a child is not confine at home 24hours, i don't think parents can control everything a child does, don't forget children pretends alot and hide many things from their parents.

when a parent introduce a criminal business to his child, then the parent should be blamed and held responsible for what he thought the child.

So what are finanally agreeing to is that some parents teach wrong to their child contrary to your earlier statement that goes thus... " No parent teaches any wrong lesson to their children
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

society? interesting. thank you

Ofcourse thank you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: his n0t ar0und,s0,am in his stead.
ok.
your question: you wrote that there is always a child that will exhibit certain behavioral traits despite the best effort of her parents.isn't that contradictory to your stand?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Matthew briggs:

So what are finanally agreeing to is that some parents teach wrong to their child contrary to your earlier statement that goes thus... " No parent teaches any wrong lesson to their children

Sorry for my earlier write up, am trying to insinuate that no sane parent with moral uprightness will teach the child negative things
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

ok.
your question: you wrote that there is always a child that will exhibit certain behavioral traits despite the best effort of her parents.isn't that contradictory to your stand?
no,cause the child is an individual,theref0re might have a strange behavi0ur.....but its still the parents duty t0 ensure that a child is well behaved.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

yes can you post the link please because the fact that children spend more time with their parent is very clear.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: no,cause the child is an individual,theref0re might have a strange behavi0ur.....but its still the parents duty t0 ensure that a child is well behaved.

inotherwords parents should be blamed for the individualistic nature of their kids?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
@contestant if I asked you for your "source" please post the web link. Take note
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Bulcqlay(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

Personally i see alcohol as a drink for refreshment, it is only a bad thing when it is abused, meanwhile different brands of alcohol are advertised daily on tv and radios... there are many beer parlors in different neighborhoods so a child must not learn everything from his parents, they are easily exposed to this products in Nigeria bar tenders can sell alcohol to you regardless of your age, so legislation should be made to prevent sale of alcohol to underage children.
1. please are you know saying you can present alcohol to your church pastor as a refreshment if he came as a guest to your house?....2. Check this website to see clearly the effect of short and long taking of alcohol...www.drugfreeworld.org

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

inotherwords parents should be blamed for the individualistic nature of their kids?
well,its n0t related t0 the t0pic
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Rexsul: yes can you post the link please because the fact that children spend more time with their parent is very clear.

i have no link. i will rephrase.
isn't it preposterous to state that children spend more time with their parents considering the fact that in modern societies , children start school at an early age, spend most part of their days in school only to go home, rest and sleep til the next day.

its even worse once they become teenagers and go to boarding schools and universities.....?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: well,its n0t related t0 the t0pic

isn't it? ok. thank you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bulcqlay: please are you know saying you can present alcohol to your church pastor as a refreshment if he came as a guest to your house
I have seen pastors take alcohol, so it is a not big deal when they request such, i will make it available to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation / WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success / 1969 Curriculum Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.