Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. (13324 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: I have seen pastors take alcohol, so it is a not big deal when they request such, i will make it available to them
you have seen them isn't the argument ,we want to know if you would find it comfortable as a pastor to take alcohol in public , with your collars on,
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Bulcqlay(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: I have seen pastors take alcohol, so it is a not big deal when they request such, i will make it available to them
it is you that see that not we, so kindly present the source to buttress your defence...pls no hard feeling i just want to knw. Tanx
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

i have no link. i will rephrase.
isn't it preposterous to state that children spend more time with their parents considering the fact that in modern societies , children start school at an early age, spend most part of their days in school only to go home, rest and sleep til the next day.

its even worse once they become teenagers and go to boarding schools and universities.....?
havn't y0u seen a state,whereby m0st 0f the parents are teachers/lecturers in the sch00l? And 0ne thing y0u need t0 kn0w is that "charity begins at h0me" thus,what ever a child learns at h0me,its exactly h0w he/she will dem0nstrate it t0 the public.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bulcqlay: 1. please are you know saying you can present alcohol to your church pastor as a refreshment if he came as a guest to your house?....2. Check this website to see clearly the effect of short and long taking of alcohol...www.drugfreeworld.org
I know about the effects of alcohol likewise every other food and refreshment have effects on the body, our point of view is whether sipping of alcohol in your home makes your children have discipline problem? The answer is typical NO, unless when you abuse it and acts drunk.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dj hack: you have seen them isn't the argument ,we want to know if you would find it comfortable as a pastor to take alcohol in public , with your collars on,
Bulcqlay: it is you that see that not we, so kindly present the source to buttress your defence...pls no hard feeling i just want to knw. Tanx
Dj hack: you have seen them isn't the argument ,we want to know if you would find it comfortable as a pastor to take alcohol in public , with your collars on,
sorry i cant get you the source, i don't want to mention churches, i have seen pastors take branded alcohol including unbranded palm wine.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Rexsul: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
gree-die:

ok.
your question: you wrote that there is always a child that will exhibit certain behavioral traits despite the best effort of her parents.isn't that contradictory to your stand?
Genes play a role in individual behaviour and we all know every child must inheret the genes of there parent.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: sorry i cant get you the source, i don't want to mention churches, i have seen pastors take branded alcohol including unbranded palm wine.
so taking guilder,Guinness ,beer and co is a normal thing in front of kids? , thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thank you debaters. Your time is up
And to the audience no more questions will be entertained
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Bulcqlay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: @Mattew briggs, Thank you sir, Once a child is not confine at home 24hours, i don't think parents can control everything a child does, don't forget children pretends alot and hide many things from their parents.

when a parent introduce a criminal business to his child, then the parent should be blamed and held responsible for what he thought the child.
..1.base on your role why did u agree dat parent has to be blame in above statement...2..in 2oo2 may 13, a mother was jail for girl's truancy shown in bbc news..so why asnt they accuse the teacher or some else instead..? source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/i/hi/england/1984502.stm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dj hack: so taking guilder,Guinness ,beer and co is a normal thing in front of kids? , thanks
Sir, I have answered you before, please lets stick to the point of argument, thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
No more questions or answers will be entertained
So therefore,wait patiently while the results are being calculated
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Dondave11: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg:

Sorry for my earlier write up, am trying to insinuate that no sane parent with moral uprightness will teach the child negative things
From your writeup.. Its now clear dhat Parents should be held responsible for their school- going children's discipline problems cuz Childrens tend to exhibit d character of their parent.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Leebliss13: havn't y0u seen a state,whereby m0st 0f the parents are teachers/lecturers in the sch00l? And 0ne thing y0u need t0 kn0w is that "charity begins at h0me" thus,what ever a child learns at h0me,its exactly h0w he/she will dem0nstrate it t0 the public.

so, your whole argument is premised on the fact that most parents are teachers? Do we then exempt those that aren't lecturers?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
will007: No more questions or answers will be entertained
So therefore,wait patiently while the results are being calculated

my bad.
leebliss pls ignore the question, thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bulcqlay: ..1.base on your role why did u agree dat parent has to be blame in above statement...2..in 2oo2 may 13, a mother was jail for girl's truancy shown in bbc news..so why asnt they accuse the teacher or some else instead..? source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/i/hi/england/1984502.stm
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bulcqlay: ..1.base on your role why did u agree dat parent has to be blame in above statement...2..in 2oo2 may 13, a mother was jail for girl's truancy shown in bbc news..so why asnt they accuse the teacher or some else instead..? source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/i/hi/england/1984502.stm
1. Since the child was introduced to criminal business, i have to blame the parent for teaching him wrong deed, if the child wasn't introduce to criminal business, he would not have joined.
2.If it is legally prooven that the mother was involve in child truancy then so be it. My cousin 15 years old is in detention now in Uk based on the crime he committed.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
No more questions as I post the results
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
As we wait for the scores... I would like to commed both teams for taking out time to participate in this competition. It's been nice seeing the prespective of Rexsul, Cowleg and Leebliss13 on this interesting, controversial and crucial topic. I wish you giys, more ink to your pen.

Moreover, I will send in my appraisal later, Till then ...stay tuned.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Damitism: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
4:30pm now. Where is the result?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dondave11:
From your writeup.. Its now clear dhat Parents should be held responsible for their school- going children's discipline problems cuz Childrens tend to exhibit d character of their parent.
I don't think so, what about pastors that have wayward children? Majority of parents that have bad kid posses good character, haven't you heard about the term black sheep of the family.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
Damitism: 4:30pm now. Where is the result?
oga mi sir, respect to u o...i didn't knw that u were viewing the essays o...longest tym sir.
@cowleg, omo, u try o...u did a 9c and grt job...kudos 2 u.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
First judge assessment

cowleg:

1. Presentation=4
2. Logic of arguments=3
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=3
4. Persuasiveness=2.5
5. Subject knowledge=4
TOTAL : 16.5 out of 25

FUTMINNA
rexsul:

1.Presentation=4
2. Logic of arguments=4
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=3
4. Persuasiveness=3
5. Subject knowledge=3
TOTAL: 17 out of 25

leebliss:

1. Presentation=2
2. Logic of arguments=3
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=2
4. Persuasiveness=1.5
5. Subject Knowledge=2.5
TOTAL: 11 out of 25
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Second Judge assessment

IMSU
cowleg:
1. Presentation=2
2. Logic of arguments=2
4. Persuasiveness=2
5. Subject knowledge=1
TOTAL:9 out of 25
FUTMINNA

rexsul:
Presentation=3
2. Logic of arguments=3
4. Persuasiveness=4
5. Subject Knowledge=3
TOTAL:15 out of 25

leebliss:
1. Presentation=2
2. Logic of arguments=2
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=1
4. Persuasiveness=3
5. Subject knowledge=2
TOTAL : 10 out of 25
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thank you judges
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
cowleg: Thank you judges
OGA cowleg, u tried o, u really did a nice job.....i hope the judges can even double ur points#my opinion though#...more grease 2 ur elbow.....and to the futminna side, u guys are grt, u thrilled we the audience....i doff cap 4 u o.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
br0,i must c0nfess,y0u are damn g00d. Even th0ugh y0u c0.debater wasn't ar0und,y0u tried..welld0ne. It was a pleasure debating with y0u.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by starling(f): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
If dats all for d results... Cowleg u really tried bin d only doin d talkin... Kudos to u a very great job u did still beta luck next time... And for futminna congrat to u guys, naw u can move to ur thread to celebrate ur victory... Once again a job well done to all dos who participated and a very big thank u to d judges...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Combining the results
cowleg:
1. Presentation=6
2. Logic of arguments=5
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=5
4. Persuasiveness=4.5
5. Subject knowledge=5

TOTAL:25.5 out of 50
FUTMINNA

(rexsul and leeblis):
1. Presentation=11
2. Logic of arguments=12
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.=8
4. Persuasiveness=11.5
5. Subject knowledge=10.5

TOTAL:53 out of 100

D score of FUTMINNA divide by 2
53/2 =26.5 out of 50
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by will007: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
The winner of the competition is FUTMINNA
Sorry for the slow reply
Thank you
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by greedie1(f): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
First off, i must commend you all for this wonderful debate . Your contributions were brilliant,i learnt alot.

Having said that, i must point out few areas i feel you all need to work on:

When rebutting, stick to the basic and very necessary. It earns you no extra mark to try to puncture all of your opponents points especially those that hold no water to begin with.

Always come prepared.Make sure you have a good reference and source for your points. A good debater must always anticipate her opponents question and have ready facts to drive home her points

Never mistake the judge to be an opponent. judges do not entertain questions, it makes you, the contender look unprepared. you must be ready to at least disprove her points, not deflect it....this is for rexsul and leebliss.

Finally, leebliss, your write up shows you have a good understanding of the topic but its far too concise. you should try to appeal to the emotions of your audience. The key is to be brief but not too brief as to become vague.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Bulcqlay(m): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
i c charisma of an icon in u, meanwhile, a tree cnt make a forest, u did ur bst am imprex
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:winner::Futminna. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thanks@ gree die...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Mass Failure And Recipe For Success / 172 Make First Class At Unimaid 22nd -25th Combined Convocation / Can I Use My Last Year Jamb Profile Code For This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.