Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) (29270 Views)

Explosion At Anioma Filling Station Asaba (Photo / CONOIL Filling Station Opposite NNPC Towers In Abuja Is Currently On Fire. / A Lebanese Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Terrorism In Abuja.(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by venorite(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
....l
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by lauyanAbuja: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Chai. Fools and daft full nairaland thread! Wetin join industrial accident at nnpc abuja with boko haram??!!

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Jeel: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by silica(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
lauyan Abuja: Chai. Fools and daft full nairaland thread! Wetin join industrial accident at nnpc abuja with boko haram??!!

You know its been long they heard of bomb in any major city, they are wishing for one. ndi ara.
anybody praying for boko haram bomb to blow, na him house e go happen.
all those praying for bomb news holyyyyy ghosssssst!
go bomb ur own house.

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by philipdollar(m): 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Can somebody tell me what's happening with planes in Nigeria.
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by TinyToes: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
Does anybody know the exact cause of this explosion? Our poor maintenance culture may even be at play here. Read more stories here: http://trendysturvs..com
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by NigelEnimJr(m): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wot the
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by dustydee: 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
@OP or MOD
please change the title to conoil filling station not NNPC Mega station.

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by k4kenny(f): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Misleading topic. The fire took place in a conoil filling station opposite NNPC Towers, Central Business District, Abuja. NNPC mega station is along suleja road, not even clost to where the fire broke out.
Mods, please Make the necessary amendments

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by haffikem(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
people will just open their mouths and start talking errors. the cause of the inferno was simple . a tanker was discharging products into one of the underground tank while pumps were still dispensing to customers . a little friction resulted to a spark which ignited the pms coupled with the humidity, high temperature and electrostatic buildup .this all contributed to the fire outburst . i work in the total house building which shares a fence with conoil filling station . i saw d fire from the muster point of total house . as of now the fire has been put out . causaulties not yet ascertained .

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by tzege: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
@OP: this title ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ mischievous & highly misleading. Please modify before BH sympathisers begin to claim responsibility

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
No be small thing oo
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by streetdisciple: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
It's conoil, opposite nnpc towers
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
I observed this unfortunate scene via the window of my office.. No be small thing oo
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Cahmegga: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
john1035: WHR is d NNPC?

Its a new political party, New Nigeria Progressive Congress...their headquarters in Abuja got attacked...

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Judolisco(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
Owk hw many dead,9ja wit their wahala sha
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
It was around 5minutes past three at the pay-as-you-go vehicle parking space opposite my office which also hosts different canteens. I was eating at one of the canteens when that
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by olaidede: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
God help us to always be @ d rit place @ d rit time. Imagine those persons that where there buying fuel at that moment.God help us.

1 Like

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by streetdisciple: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Pix

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Uzilla: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
@OP. I think the heading is a little misleading. It was at Conoil. Opposite The NNPC Towers. NNPC Mega station is quite different.
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by abdn: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
I was inside my office when I heard the explosion, the whole building shook. It was really a massive explosion but thank God nobody died.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Tpharell: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Conoil filling station opposite NNPC Towers and not NNPC mega station please!
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by streetdisciple: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
Menh, that last explosion was massive. Come and see borrowing of leg na. One woman was just shouting " bokoharam ooo, jesus take control, i cannot die today ooo". I must commend the fire men of nnpc.those guys risked their lives. Omo, if na me with that kind explosion i go drop nozzle pianti o grin
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by makzeze: 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
john1035: WHR is d NNPC?
you see your life.
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
It was around 5minutes past three at the pay-as-you-go vehicle parking space opposite my office which also hosts different canteens. I was eating at one of the canteens when that deafening alarm that startled everyone within 1000 meter radius pierced the relative peace we were enjoying. The sound we thought was emanating from Total filling Station about 500meters fom where we were, but we were to know the fact. Naturally, some left their food and panicked when the sound refuse to recede. Low and behold people running from the direction of the spurious alarm and watching their back as they do. I and some few guys that were still eating albeit at alert decided to find out what the problem was when almost immediately a thunderous blast roared and then the ground shook and my feet wobbled, and a guy fall then I heard a mournful cry nearby and further shouts.

Few car owners handy, were jerking away the cars as they try to evade the obvious mayhem. Workers in Total office were already milling about, looking undecided as they seem to contemplate whether to come toward our side (by this time we'v been shepherded upward by the security operatives to where the considered safe at the time being). I on the other hand was determined to go back and cross over the main road to my office as that will give me better view of the situation. I succeeded and was greeted with this inferno I can hardly describe in Conoil(thought it was Total initially when we were seeing the thick smoke almost from a perpendicular view of their building). My company fire service was out with two Trucks but the raging firm was obviously laughing at their urine-like gushing water which to my opinion was fast and spurious.(later learn that they prevented the fire from crossing over to Total and were seriously wetting the surrounding to prevent a spread even to my office building). In no time everywhere was blaring with alarms of different sounds and about 12 fire fighting Trucks were everywhere yet it seems the fire was mocking them in derision. However, they tried in contending it from spreading even to the Conoil building that housed a massive shop. They managed to sustain the inferno only on the aggressively burning Conoil Truck.

THE CAUSE: The Conoil Truck was discharging fuel in that hot afternoon. The remnants of fuel inside the underground Tank that was locked up under that high temperature was too happy to find an outlet but unfortunately met up with a higher temperature in the ground surface. When the temperature was too high for it, a self-destruction is the only way out. Meanwhile. the Truck was already above the receptor underground Tank and it was too late for it to make a move and the rest was history.

LESSON: They shouldn't have started the discharge under that blazing sun. Early morning or midnight would have been a better option.
Hmmm, when my Bible said that the tongue is like fire and that no man can be able to tame it when it starts, the inferno I witnessed today and the near inability of over fifteen fire fighting Trucks to put it off made the message of that bible verse more meaningful to me. I have resolved to put my tongue in check henceforth!

Whoever uploaded those pictures on this page definitely works in my company. I infer Security Dept. because they were the only ones that stood on that very position (I hide in their midst all through tongue

5 Likes

Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Raptureminded(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yeh dis is very bad
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
If u ask me, I will say that the two filling stations opposite NNPC ie Conoil and Total should be closed and the part of NNPC closed for vehicular movements should be re-opened. So should the closed parts of army hq and force cid in area 10, cbn, and defence hq should be reopened. They can do what cbn did opposte women centre. Partly closed.
Because closing roads and building traffics is worse than opening parts of the roads and freeing traffic. Traffic hold up is only good for criminals, kidnappers etc
And so in times of emergencies that vehicles can move out
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
@op, heard reliably it's the tanker discarging fuel that caused the whole wahala. And when d underground tanks started explopding, people thought it was naija second civil war
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by olucomf: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fresh air..
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by Onyiido: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
I just pray nobody died in d inferno
Re: Explosion At The Front Of NNPC Towers In Abuja (Pictures) by LadyH(f): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
I knew I ll get pix hia!

heard it in a taxi while headin to a filling station. oboy, felt like stoppin n walkin baq home.

funi, I got dia n met deir tanker dispensing fuel.... shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Won The The Best Social Forum Award / People Who Woke-Up After Being Pronounced Dead / Nigerian Kids Caught Live Snake (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.