Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. (15327 Views)

Taiwo Awoniyi’s Twin Sister; Kehinde / Liverpool Signs Nigeria's Taiwo Awoniyi (PHOTOS) / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by SantaMafia: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2013
safarigirl: oh, you've arrives by winning 60% of games at AFCON with penalties? abeg no make me laugh
a win is a win.whether penalties or not,huh?after all,was it not through penalties that b.faso won Ghana at afcon,huh?
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Jiggaman101: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
safarigirl: oh, you've arrives by winning 60% of games at AFCON with penalties? abeg no make me laugh

You played Ethiopia three times this year and you needed penalties all three times to score a goal, so what's your point?
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Tessywonderss: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
PetroDolla2: Did he defeat Ghana as well as? The last time I checked your team hasn't beaten Ghana since 2006. don't know know where you got your info from

Y ar u so interested in anytn Naija.go to ghanaweb joor.u ar alwz tryin hard to mak us believe dat ghana is anytin even wen ghana has bn very constant at 4th positin in every afcon.I lik ghanians sha for 1 tin,they ar obedient,docile and ar wel satisfied wit any tin ie afcon 4th positn,2nd in fifa rankin,getin to quarter stage of d world cup etc Naija does not get satisfied easily at al even wit al they hav achieved if Super eagles does not bring dat cup hom they ar oyo if they lik let dem reach quarter or watever cos dat is rubish

3 Likes

Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Frederico21(m): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
tbaba1234: Big opportunity for the kids to break into the big time

Keshi names Eaglets in Chan squad

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has called up three players from the World Cup winning Under-17 team in his 30-man team squad for the third African Nations Championship in South Africa.

Goalkeeper Sunday Alampasu, midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho and forward Taiwo Awoniyi have been handed opportunities to break into big time quickly.

Keshi qualified Nigeria for the tournament for the first time and is looking forward to a memorable outing in the same country where he led the Super Eagles A Team to the Africa Cup of Nations title earlier this year.

“We are going to the CHAN for the first time but we want to be the best at our very first outing,” he said in Salvador on Thursday morning.

Nigeria play host South Africa, Mali and Mozambique in Group A at the tournament starting on 11th January, 2014.

Regular Super Eagles Team B faces dominate the list which has six players on standby.

First choice goalkeeper and skipper Chigozie Agbim and ace midfielder Sunday Mba top the list, with Shooting Stars’ fiery forward Gbolahan Salami handed a recall.

There are four goalkeepers, nine defenders, eight midfielders and nine strikers.

All 30 players on the main list are expected to report to the Bolton White Apartments in Abuja on Monday, 9th December. Players on the standby list will have opportunity to join the team only if a player on the main list gets injured.

THE FULL LIST:

Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland FC); Isah Danladi (Sharks FC); Sunday Alampasu (Abuja Football College)

Defenders: Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Ebenezer Odunlami (Sunshine Stars); Benjamin Francis (Heartland FC); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); Yinka Adedeji (Sharks FC); Reuben Ogbonnaya (El-Kanemi Warriors); Umar Zango (Kano Pillars); Chibuzor Madu (Enugu Rangers)

Midfielders: Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers); Etebo Oghenekaro (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Ogonna Osuchukwu (Enugu Rangers); Achiv Douglas (Lobi Stars); Kelechi Iheanacho (Taiye Academy, Owerri); Mohammed Ajia (Bayelsa United); Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC)

Forwards: Muhammad Gambo (Kano Pillars); Ifeanyi Edeh (Enyimba FC); Barnabas Imenger (Lobi Stars); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers); Ezekiel Mbah (Akwa United); Obiozor Christian (Enugu Rangers); Abubakar Aliyu (Nasarawa United); Gbolahan Salami (3SC); Taiwo Awoniyi (Imperial Academy, Ilorin)

Standby: Happy Okuoka (Heartland FC); Bello Ikeleji (Insurance FC); Obinna Nwachukwu (Heartland FC); Izuegbu Abonima (Enugu Rangers); Paul Ikenna (Sunshine Stars); John Austin Igenepo

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/news/39600/nigeria-coach-stephen-keshi-names-chan-squad

WHY ALL THIS NAMES.. Shey Na Naming Ceremony dem dey do?
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
smiley

=========================
Pardon me for posting this here:

I am in urgent need of a reliable shipping company based in New York that can forward some food supplement to me in Nigeria.

If you know of a reputable company or you are an individual based in New York with a valid address and can forward the products to me in Nigeria, kindly assist and post details here.

For clarity, this is not illegal, just that the company does not ship their products to Africa anymore.

The products are in 4packages and total wight is 48lbs.
Here is my phone number just in case you will like to call me +2348186414186

Thank you.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Mudley313: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
abeg, wetin be the date of this tournament?
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
congratulations to them oh.......
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by wabbylie(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thumbs up to Keshi for keeping his promise.I believe this will go a long in the lives of these lads,in becoming super stars in future.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
In my opinion, other players deserve a chance even if it's for training.
Nwankali
Yahaya
Musa
Idowu
These guys were tireless throughout the competition.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by ejifranks(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nice move.... They should Test the waters of senior football....

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by zuchyblink(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
that CHAN team has bright esieme and solomon kwambe as right full backs dat is why keshi did not call musa muhammed.is not dat he is not good but this 2 guyz are more experienced and exposed than him
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by zuchyblink(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
Jigga_man101:

You played Ethiopia three times this year and you needed penalties all three times to score a goal, so what's your point?
we are going to beat dem again with penalties
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by chykmoni(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
bizibrain: Dis is a welcom development, it wil b a pitiable dismal 4 dem nt 2 make d 23-man squad just like kanu nwanko(U-17 1993)and if dey ar shortlisted among d 23-man squad, keshi should nt hesitate 2 draft dis guyz 2 TEAM A if dey deliver brilliantly.

D chance of Nigeria winning dis chan is slim, if dey face a country like ethiopia dat feature majorly home-base player, dey ar finished, even TEAM A super eagle always struggle 2 beat an entire home-base ethiopia.
please there is no word like 'majorly' in English dictionary. Thank you (bows my head)
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
I need yahaya in that team
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by amadice(m): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
I dnt see awoniyi, kelechi n alampasu making d squad,..kelechi will join man city in january, awoniyi cant bench any striker in dat list, alampasu for me is too young, overated, i think keshi should have invited enyimba goal tender ROTIMI SUNDAY....(he didnt concede any goal at home last season) what a record and keshi ignored him for alampasu...#rubbish
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by amadice(m): 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its a pity u guys underated dis home base players....let me ask dis question...DO U THINK OUR FORIEGN BASE PLAYERS CAN DEFEAT OUR HOME BASE IN CALABAR?....do u think super eagles can beat enyimba or kano pillars in dere home ground...#smh
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Jiggaman101: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
zuchyblink: we are going to beat dem again with penalties

Nothing wrong with that, after all is part of the game. The most important thing is winning
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by thaoriginator: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Obiagu1: Awoniyi: A great finisher. I suspect he might make it to the world cup.
We've not had a player who could score goals without many touches.

Iheanacho? Not really sure of that guy. I still have my concerns.
I hope he works harder defensively.

Yahaya: The best player in the U17 squad. I'm surprised Keshi didn't give him a chance now.

Nwakali: Second best player in the squad. Deserves a chance.

Isaac: I didn't watch much of him. So I can't evaluate him.

Alampasu: Deserves the call up.
dat boy 'YAHAYA' is a genius... What a lovely player!
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by sham8co(m): 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sir keshi. u need call on d small zidane ie yahaya and mohammed musa.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by HAH: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
I don't what northerners have done to keshi if not I don't know how Yahaya and Mohamed's name. Are missing cos the two are amongst the three best along with Iheanacho in that eaglets team
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by tbaba1234: 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yahaya is still very young (15/16), we should be patient. He is great for his age though
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
HAH: I don't what northerners have done to keshi if not I don't know how Yahaya and Mohamed's name. Are missing cos the two are amongst the three best along with Iheanacho in that eaglets team

This is not the final list that will go to South Africa.I think Keshi just wanted to give the under 17 invitees some exposures.The training with the home based players will help their developement and they are likely to be dropped when the final list comes out..

Alampasu cant bench any.of the keepers in camp and is unlikely to make the final 3..
Kelechi has a lot to learn.His time will surely come but not at CHAN south africa..Awoniyi cant displace Gambo,Ifeanyi Edeh of enyimba or even Gbolaham Salami when he is cool headed.

The likes of Theophilos Solomon,Bernard Bulwa wld,ve eclipsed awoniyi if they played at the world cup..Ifeanyi Mattew was the main guy in the eaglets midfield but was unfortunate.

Those of you clamouring for Mohammed,Nwakali and yahaya shld chill.They still have a long way to go and their time will surely come..I think they should prove thenselves in the under 20 first..
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
HAH: I don't what northerners have done to keshi if not I don't know how Yahaya and Mohamed's name. Are missing cos the two are amongst the three best along with Iheanacho in that eaglets team

This is not the final list that will go to South Africa.I think Keshi just wanted to give the under 17 invitees some exposures.The training with the home based players will help their developement and they are likely to be dropped when the final list comes out..

Alampasu cant bench any.of the keepers in camp and is unlikely to make the final 3..
Kelechi has a lot to learn.His time will surely come but not at CHAN south africa..Awoniyi cant displace Gambo,Ifeanyi Edeh of enyimba or even Gbolaham Salami when he is cool headed.

The likes of Theophilos Solomon,Bernard Bulwa wld,ve eclipsed awoniyi if they played at the world cup..Ifeanyi Mattew was the main guy in the eaglets midfield but was unfortunate.

Those of you clamouring for Mohammed,Nwakali and yahaya shld chill.They still have a long way to go and their time will surely come..I think they should prove thenselves in the under 20 first..
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by andyanders: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Abu Mikey:

How about Muhammed and Yahaya na.. They deserve it too...

Anyways, good one Coach

Those 2 boys deserves to be called along with the earlier 3 above.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Team philisophy and tactics in the under 17 camp under Manu Garba and Amunike is different from that of Keshi.

Manu played possesion football with very effective offensive counter attacking football.
He instilled so much in his players who blended so well and understood eachother.They covered each others lapses..goal scoring isnt the responsibilities of the forward alone.
He taught even the defenders to go for goal since their mates can cover their positions till they recover.Any player can come in and fit well.that was why even with loss of so many first team players before the african youth tournanent and world cup,their replacement still delivered.

Such isnt same with the Eagles especially the home based..kelechi and awoniyi will struggle with non directional hasty and nervy clearances of Egwuekwe and co in the defence.

Super Eagles is still too early for these boys.They shld go back to the under20 camp and prepare for the world cup.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by jerrymania(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
whats the difference between afcon and chan? google didnt give me a suitable answer
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by emmydee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
1. Isaac Success. ( u-17 team was actually built around him. Dat guy is a very fine forward. Keshi should hav invited him.he is better than many of those home based dudes in that list)

2. Musa Mohammed. ( I tot keshi would have invited him also.he could assist ambrose & ahmed musa along that corridor.)
3. Yahaya ( honestly, this guy is a very good utility player.keshi needed to test him at Chan.)
4. Chidiebere Nwakali ( deserves a call up at Chan.)

5. Dele Alampasu ( Not at this time. He needs to garner lots of experience first.though i feel keshi shld drop austin ejide & chigozie agbim cos ejide is injury prone & agbim is not stable, keshi may b heading 4 brazil wit only enyama,bt trying alampasu at Chan is NOT a good idea.)

6. Iheanacha & Awoniyi deserve a call up to Chan, no doubt.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by marutimon: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
emmydee: 1. Isaac Success. ( u-17 team was actually built around him. Dat guy is a very fine forward. Keshi should hav invited him.he is better than many of those home based dudes in that list)

He doesn't qualify as he already signed with Udinese.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by stankezzy: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2013
shurlar50: What about Musa Muhammed? haba
d strongest team in terms of physical strenght(cameroon) have never won world cup.football is not about strenght,but about ,skills nd sharp thinking.
that muhammed did well with junior team because-he was stronger than them ,out runs them nd may be older than them.such does nt apply to senior teams where every body is almost equall physically.you can nt intimidate senior player with strenght,it is only skills ,good iQ nd sharp thinking with accuracy.messi nd c-ronaldo are nt d strongest.it is skills dt made players like iniesta relivant.if u play muhammed in senior team before 20mins people will be calling for his removal.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by stankezzy: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2013
chykmoni:
please there is no word like 'majorly' in English dictionary. Thank you (bows my head)
are you bowing ur head in humility or in SHAME .if u want to comment ,comment.this is nt english class.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by internetpo(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Good one from keshi.

i think he decided to pick just 3 players from the U-17 and from each dept of the team (attack, mid field, defence), otherwise Musa mohammed would have made it.

click like if u think Nigeria will win 2014 CHAN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis / Birmingham 2022: Islamiyat Yusuf Claims Bronze In Women's Weightlifting Event / Everton Sack Frank Lampard As Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.