Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. (15327 Views)

Taiwo Awoniyi’s Twin Sister; Kehinde / Liverpool Signs Nigeria's Taiwo Awoniyi (PHOTOS) / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Ukofelix18: 9:41am On Dec 07, 2013
Good for Keshi. But pls try and invite Odewinge for world cup I beg. @ least invite him for any of the friendly games if any b4 de world cup.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by ChukChinCol(m): 11:32am On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=internetpo]Good one from keshi.

i think he decided to pick just 3 players from the U-17 and from each dept of the team (attack, mid field, defence), otherwise Musa mohammed would have made it.
I think he also chose those guys to balance the major ethnic groups.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by ChukChinCol(m): 11:37am On Dec 07, 2013
internetpo: Good one from keshi.

i think he decided to pick just 3 players from the U-17 and from each dept of the team (attack, mid field, defence), otherwise Musa mohammed would have made it.

click like if u think Nigeria will win 2014 CHAN.
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by shurlar50(m): 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
zuchyblink: that CHAN team has bright esieme and solomon kwambe as right full backs dat is why keshi did not call musa muhammed.is not dat he is not good but this 2 guyz are more experienced and exposed than him
If Musa was called, I think he should be awarded Ahmed Musa's position. The boy can cross anything with a ball!
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by shurlar50(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
you can nt intimidate senior player with strenght,it is only skills ,good iQ nd sharp thinking with accuracy.messi nd c-ronaldo are nt d.if u play muhammed in senior team before 20mins people will be calling for his removal.[/quote]
If Keshi followed people's comment on players, I am sure some of them wouldn't exist in his recent squad
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by jimmyroger: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Check dis fantastic jersey designed for super Eagles for Brazil 2014

www.nairaland.com/1515935/amazing-super-eagles-jersey-created
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2013
AOB1963: I had been hoping that Taiwo Awoniyi's talent is recognised by the Coach. We should not forget, he was not in the U-17 first team. he came in as a sub and delivered. That shows not only the depth of the U-17 team, but also that Awoniyi is good and very confident. He is also a team player which Keshi appreciates. Same situation for Alampasu, he was not first choice, but he delivered. Don't forget that is how Omeruo was uncovered, same with Onazi, they were sitting on the bench, but as soon as they get their chance, they did not look back. Ihenacho too was for a long time in the shadows of Success till he got his chance. That show a very deep desire and drive in them. They will be successful in making the CHAN cut and I suspect Awoniyi and Ihenacho may go all the way to Brazil. These are the type of players that Keshi is after. Very confident yet very humble
Folks say they're too young (Nacho, Awoniyi) especially cannot do this or that . . . I'm just so convinced the young men will beyond all reasonable doubts prove emselves with the Chan squad opportunity they had with keshi now. Cause d eagles needs this players like this who's tactical and dont waste goals cause we called it world cup. Period!
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2013
lexyman: A brilliant decision by Keshi ...Iheanacho and awoniyi is good enough to play @ the CHAN
that would make a great combination anywhere you know (keshi) these two knows when to pass and when to make the run. Its called connection. Up chan plus eagles
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by PetroDolla2: 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tessywonderss:

Y ar u so interested in anytn Naija.go to ghanaweb joor.u ar alwz tryin hard to mak us believe dat ghana is anytin even wen ghana has bn very constant at 4th positin in every afcon.I lik ghanians sha for 1 tin,they ar obedient,docile and ar wel satisfied wit any tin ie afcon 4th positn,2nd in fifa rankin,getin to quarter stage of d world cup etc Naija does not get satisfied easily at al even wit al they hav achieved if Super eagles does not bring dat cup hom they ar oyo if they lik let dem reach quarter or watever cos dat is rubish

utter crap. wetin concern me with naija things? crass crap. I am only interested in Ghana tinz,huh. shaaaaaaaaaaaarap
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by PetroDolla2: 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Theben:
A team that defeated two teams that humilaited Ghana has nothing else to prove against the Ghanaians.
absolute crap. which teams humiliated Ghana? when did losing on penalties become a humiliation? You guys are always bringing this sh1t up. every time mali, burkina faso. Hahahahahahaha have you asked yourselves whether the last time we played them in 2013 was the only time Ghana had played both countries? have you checked to find out how many times Ghana had beaten those two sides? it is absolutely pathetic you referred to the results of a third place match our players didn't want to play,unlike the supa chinchins who were at some point dubbed perennial winners of golden bronze at afcon? grin and you conveniently forgot Ghana beat mali at the preliminary stage of the competition,huh? now I know you suffer from selective amnesia,huh? yes, Ghana beat Mali during the preliminary stage of AFCON 2013. we also beat them in Bamako 2-0 in 2009 during a crucial world cup qualifier. incidentally, mali then had a coach called stephen okechukwu big stomach keshit grin

and indeed if you are a serious football fan, which I know you are not, you cannot use results between two different sides to judge what could hapen between two other sides. for example, it is absolutely nonsensical to assume that because mali or burkina faso beat Ghana and nigerian beat them then automatically nigeria can beat Ghana. that's total crap. even kindergarten kids don't talk like that. hahahaha naija remains Ghana's wives and there is nothing you can do about it. so why don't you just accept it and live with it? the truth is bitter,huh?

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by bizibrain(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: absolute crap. which teams humiliated Ghana? when did losing on penalties become a humiliation? You guys are always bringing this sh1t up. every time mali, burkina faso. Hahahahahahaha have you asked yourselves whether the last time we played them in 2013 was the only time Ghana had played both countries? have you checked to find out how many times Ghana had beaten those two sides? it is absolutely pathetic you referred to the results of a third place match our players didn't want to play,unlike the supa chinchins who were at some point dubbed perennial winners of golden bronze at afcon? grin and you conveniently forgot Ghana beat mali at the preliminary stage of the competition,huh? now I know you suffer from selective amnesia,huh? yes, Ghana beat Mali during the preliminary stage of AFCON 2013. we also beat them in Bamako 2-0 in 2009 during a crucial world cup qualifier. incidentally, mali then had a coach called stephen okechukwu big stomach keshit grin

and indeed if you are a serious football fan, which I know you are not, you cannot use results between two different sides to judge what could hapen between two other sides. for example, it is absolutely nonsensical to assume that because mali or burkina faso beat Ghana and nigerian beat them then automatically nigeria can beat Ghana. that's total crap. even kindergarten kids don't talk like that. hahahaha naija remains Ghana's wives and there is nothing you can do about it. so why don't you just accept it and live with it? the truth is bitter,huh?

I agree wit one of ur point, football is nt mathematics,

Nigeria beat south africa
spain beat Nigeria
U should expect spain 2 beat south africa but d reverse is d case.

Any way Present Super eagle is nt in any way mate with black star, ivory coast fans would av written d same trash if super eagle avnt shot dere rotten mouth.

I could ghana beat egpty 6-1 and couldnt av @ least a draw ,black star LACK consistency, dey fluctuate alot wit d same squad.

Am sure if dey av played ethiopia in addis-abba with dat altitude, dey would av trash ghana 6-1
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Frezhkid10(m): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
AOB1963: I had been hoping that Taiwo Awoniyi's talent is recognised by the Coach. We should not forget, he was not in the U-17 first team. he came in as a sub and delivered. That shows not only the depth of the U-17 team, but also that Awoniyi is good and very confident. He is also a team player which Keshi appreciates. Same situation for Alampasu, he was not first choice, but he delivered. Don't forget that is how Omeruo was uncovered, same with Onazi, they were sitting on the bench, but as soon as they get their chance, they did not look back. Ihenacho too was for a long time in the shadows of Success till he got his chance. That show a very deep desire and drive in them. They will be successful in making the CHAN cut and I suspect Awoniyi and Ihenacho may go all the way to Brazil. These are the type of players that Keshi is after. Very confident yet very humble
..Wat abt issac success??
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
Frezhkid10: ..Wat abt issac success??
He has been signed to Udinese in Italy, he's not a home-based player anymore so he can't play CHAN
Re: Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. by Frezhkid10(m): 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
safarigirl: He has been signed to Udinese in Italy, he's not a home-based player anymore so he can't play CHAN
.He was suppose 2 leave on monday buh da embassy has not given im visa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis / Birmingham 2022: Islamiyat Yusuf Claims Bronze In Women's Weightlifting Event / Everton Sack Frank Lampard As Manager

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.