Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? (1667 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Why Do Mothers Get The Blame For A Child's Bad Behaviour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Sometimes ago,i went to my Cousin's place and we started a discussion and she told me a story,a true life story she heard somewhere.
It goes thus...
There was this young couple who had been married for some years and things were working perfectly well.
One day the husband's family decided to visit their son and they informed this young couple about their visit. After alot of discussion,they decided that they would eat the family native food-ikokore.
On the set day,the table has been set,the family were so eager to eat the food prepared by their Son's wife.
Unfortunately for the wife,out of anxiety, the food was too salty and burnt; she felt so bad, sober and was afraid,even to tell her husband let alone his family members...after a little chitchat with his mum,the husband went to the kitchen to check on his wife but he was surprised to see her sobbing; without asking he checked the pot,saw the burnt food,tasted it: he immediately threw up as in he couldn't swallow it.
He went to his wife ,console her and told her not to worry,the wife concerned about what his people would say,asked him what she should do.
The husband deeply in thought knew it would be a very bad idea telling his people about the food. So while his wife was watching he transfered the food into a bowl and carried it to the dining table,the wife wanted to stop him but he told her not to worry.
As he was approaching the dining table,he just carefully and purposefully kicked a chair which made him sliped and all the food fell and spilled to the ground.
His family member were so mad at him that they started abusing him,telling him that he had wasted his wife's effort and so on. The wife appeared,saw what happend and was shocked when her in-laws started begging her and apologizing on their Son's behalf,for he had wasted her effort and the time she spent in preparing the food.
Later,they all ate a quick rice and left with a warning to their son.
Immediately they left the wife went to her husband,embraced him,kissed and sobbed on him for saving her and for taken the blame.
It was a touching story. Love covers all...
The question is: as a man or husband can you do this? Have you done it before? And as a wife,as your husband done something similar for you,lets here your view.

5 Likes

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by temi4fash(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
wow.. i can imagine..
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
That's true love and the wife should be forever grateful. He saved her a lot of stress and insults. We know how some in-laws can be.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by SisiKill1: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
SMDH!!!
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by tpia5: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
and what is wrong with the in laws knowing she burnt the food and prepared rice instead?
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
tpia@:
and what is wrong with the in laws knowing she burnt the food and prepared rice instead?
What are u saying?
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
Renylee: That's true love and the wife should be forever grateful. He saved her a lot of stress and insults. We know how some in-laws can be.
You cn say that again,if had not done that,the lady would not have recovered for a longtime.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
As a man, I cannot do this. I do not need to lie or try to paint my wife as someone incapable of making mistakes. If I were the guy, I will simply tell my family what happened and tell them we are eating rice. datsall. Thankfully, I have a very understanding family who don't even know what ikokore is and who would never criticise my wife's food. We all know people make mistakes and everyone has a bad day at work sometimes. My mum sees my wife as her own daughter too and not a house help!

Kudos to the husband though; he knows his family best and I commend him for what he did. But I would not do that, cos anyone can make a mistake, including my wife. If my family cannot accept that - too bad!

4 Likes

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Harmvirus(f): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
tpia@:
Eh..did u just ask that? Hm..some in-laws are mean.. The husband really saved her..TRUE LOVE
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by EfemenaXY: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Awww... what a sweet story!

And a sensitive hubby too - cool smiley smiley
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by SalC: 12:13am On Dec 06, 2013
The man knows what it means to be a husband.

Kudos to him
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by oyinbogirl(f): 1:32am On Dec 06, 2013
thats beautiful,
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by tpia5: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2013
Nashville: As a man, I cannot do this. I do not need to lie or try to paint my wife as someone incapable of making mistakes. If I were the guy, I will simply tell my family what happened and tell them we are eating rice. datsall. Thankfully, I have a very understanding family who don't even know what ikokore is and who would never criticise my wife's food. We all know people make mistakes and everyone has a bad day at work sometimes. My mum sees my wife as her own daughter too!

Kudos to the husband though; he knows his family best and I commend him for what he did. But I would not do that, cos anyone can make a mistake, including my wife. If my family cannot accept that - too bad!

great post.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Nashville: As a man, I cannot do this. I do not need to lie or try to paint my wife as someone incapable of making mistakes. If I were the guy, I will simply tell my family what happened and tell them we are eating rice. datsall. Thankfully, I have a very understanding family who don't even know what ikokore is and who would never criticise my wife's food. We all know people make mistakes and everyone has a bad day at work sometimes. My mum sees my wife as her own daughter too!

i think you are partly right,its depends on how well u knw ur family, and the relationship that exists btw them and your wife.
And there are times that your spouse' mistakes should never be known by a third party.

1 Like

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 10:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: Awww... what a sweet story!

And a sensitive hubby too - cool smiley smiley
Yes, very sensitive indeed,issues like this had thrown so many family apart.
And announcing ur spouse mistakes in the presence of people is not it at all.

1 Like

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2013
Mintayo:
i think you are partly right,its depends on how well u knw ur family, and the relationship that exists btw them and your wife.
And there are times that your spouse' mistakes should never be known by a third party.

And that is why I commended the husband for what he did because he knows his family best. But I would not do that because I do not think that mistake is sooo great that nobody should hear about it. I liken it to a situation where I am supposed to take my own in-laws to a party or somewhere. And on the way there, we have an accident and my in-laws start blaming me for being a bad driver or a bad husband. These things happen everyday so I dont see the big deal in it, and frankly speaking, neither will my family.

But the moral of the story is that as husband's we should learn to protect and defend our wives when necessary. He has chosen to do it one way and I commend him for that. I wouldn't go that route because I see no reason to so. My wife is not a househelp that anyone should just insult over a minor issue. So it wouldnt bother me and I will not lie or injure myself trying to cover something like that.

1 Like

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
cheesy
Nashville:

I do not think that mistake is sooo great that nobody should hear about it. I liken it to a situation where I am supposed to take my own in-laws to a party or somewhere. And on the way there, we have an accident and my in-laws start blaming me for being a bad driver or a bad husband. These things happen everyday so I dont see the big deal in it, and frankly speaking, neither will my family.

I understand some in-laws can be angels, but on a scale of 1-10, most in-laws around here will see burning and over-salting of food as a mistake sooo great that nobody should hear about it. Firstly, there are certain expectations that in-laws around here(and even in most places) have of their daughters-in-law and being a good cook is one of them! If the guy had allowed her to serve the meal burnt and salty, it would have been a loooooog thing and I can assure you, that singular mistake will remove at least 5 stars from her shoulder.
Let me also assure you that should the scenario you painted above happen, yes, most in-laws will think you are a bad driver. This is reality!

But that is not to say some parents-in-law are not as angelic as yours; they are just not the majority. I quite agree with your earlier post though, where you talk about knowing your own family...I figure the man knows what they can do.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
candy: cheesy

I understand some in-laws can be angels, but on a scale of 1-10, most in-laws around here will see burning and over-salting of food as a mistake sooo great that nobody should hear about it. Firstly, there are certain expectations that in-laws around here(and even in most places) have of their daughters-in-law and being a good cook is one of them! If the guy had allowed her to serve the meal burnt and salty, it would have been a loooooog thing and I can assure you, that singular mistake will remove at least 5 stars from her shoulder.
Let me also assure you that should the scenario you painted above happen, yes, most in-laws will think you are a bad driver. This is reality!

But that is not to say some parents-in-law are not as angelic as yours; they are just not the majority. I quite agree with your earlier post though, where you talk about knowing your own family...I figure the man knows what they can do.
Well Said.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mintayo:
Well Said.

Thanks, just being realistic cool
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by texanomaly(f): 2:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Sweet man.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2013
texanomaly: Sweet man.
You can say that again.
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by texanomaly(f): 12:43am On Dec 22, 2013
Mintayo:
You can say that again.
Sweet man
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by Mintayo(m): 5:28am On Dec 22, 2013
texanomaly:
Sweet man
cheesycheesy
Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by angelTI(f): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2013
The man is a HUSBAND

1 Like

Re: And He Took The Blame: Can You Do This? by PassingShot(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2013
Nashville: As a man, I cannot do this. I do not need to lie or try to paint my wife as someone incapable of making mistakes. If I were the guy, I will simply tell my family what happened and tell them we are eating rice. datsall. Thankfully, I have a very understanding family who don't even know what ikokore is and who would never criticise my wife's food. We all know people make mistakes and everyone has a bad day at work sometimes. My mum sees my wife as her own daughter too and not a house help!

There you have my answer too.

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Say About Your Mom??(come Inside) / A Mother's Note To Her Daughter / This Has Got To Be One Of The Sickest Things Ever Done To A Toddler ... Peep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.