Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus (742 Views)

See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
I don't think anyone can disagree with this statement. Nigerian sheep have abandoned their Master for their pastor, they have gone whoring after other gods and defiled their garments in the process.

The love their favourite men of God, so called, more than Jesus. They kowtow to him, allow him steal their money, control their lives and in some cases even their spouses.

The love their crusades, retreats, programmes more than Jesus.

They love the praise of their pastor more than the commendation that comes from God.

They are not only pastor lovers, they are pastor pleasers.

In fact they think their pastors are more anointed and gifted than they are ( which is a farce ) and so elevate him to guru or demi-god status.

Their sect is more important than the universal church of Christ, their Pastor is not only their 'christ' he is their god.

These same people who castigate the catholic church are setup in the same model, with a POPE and the sheep who just follow without thinking for themselves.

How many articles have we seen these Pastor lovers raise on exalting Jesus , denouncing the false christs who take his place and encouraging love among the true brethren. All we see instead are threads for deeperlife, rccg , mfm, lords chosen, cele etc etc. This is sickening.

People where is your loyalty to Jesus ? Jesus died and shed his blood for you and endured such a great shame and suffering, why have you abandoned him for usurpers and men. What can they give you that you cannot get direct from the source in your closet by praying to God in Jesus name, is this not the prayer model that Jesus instituted ? Why do you think you are going to meet God in your church on Sunday when God has promised he will be with his true people day and night forever and ever ? You need to stop this madness.

Any crook or business man can open a church in Nigeria today and be sure of a huge following because the Pastors have scattered the sheep and the sheep are not only 'dumb', they are confused, lost and without leadership.

Sheep, including me, Jesus is our leader, he is the Head, let us repent of idolatry and follow him.

Revelation 2:22
Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Kamsy10: Normally I don't criticize churches, I just walk away from a church when I hear sermons that are hypocritical and certainly meant for selfish interests.
People that criticize the catholic church apparently dont know jack about the catholic church.
For me I am a catholic who once left the faith and joined other churches to see if there's a better church.Note I was a devoted worker in each church I went but after hearing and learning the stuff some of those pastors preach, MEHN, I quietly went back to the catholic faith. Catholic might have some shortcomings but it's unrivalled compared to the churches I've been to. I'm so happy I retraced my steps.

Here are some of the lies you'll hear from the pulpit:

1. Tithe/offering will take you to heaven since we live in the new testament now and God keeps no record of sins. Therefore tithe/offering is what really matters now.
(Meanwhile tithing was ONLY mentioned in the old testament)
2. If you need a job, car, child etc and you're not tithing, God will not bless you. (False)
(Haba. Even pro.sti.tutes get pregnant and have children.Many CEOs don't even go to church not to talk of tithe.Rom9:15 says 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,...etc. Matt 7:7 says ask and you shall receive. Check with the richest men in the world. Again pastors have to chose which one to emphasize and which ones not to. I don't blame them sha)

3. If you tithe, you cant be sick, loose your job, get into an accident or get robbed.
(So why do they run to the bank immediately after collecting tithes and offerings to avoid robbery. And they travel oversees for medical checkups, and fly jets and move around with heavy security guards)

4. God asked me to do this, God asked me to do that . Even to the point that God asked them to divorce and marry another one.
(1cor 6:9 says no adulterer shall see the kingdom of God. God has asked you to marry and divorce 2times and heading for the third one)

5. We now live in the new testament, the old testament doesn't count anymore. so dress however you like, men perm your hair if you like to church, youths can fornicate and it doesn't count, girls can come to church naked if it makes them comfortable, just do whatever you like, since Christ has died, you don't have any problem. We now live under grace.
(ok. so why is tithe the center of the sermon everyday knowing that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament. The funny part is the same pastors will say you should not add or remove from the word of God)

6. We are the true Christians, we're emulating Christ, we're Christ-like cos we're born again.
(ok. so why is this rule not applicable to the jet flying pastors. Last time I checked, Christ didn't have a private jet and he drove those who were turning the church into a money making venture but alas our pastors will be identifying with politicians so they too can get a brown envelope. Instead of preaching to them to help create employment for the jobless youths in the church, they simply shower prayers for them and collect offering. Doesn't sound like what the Christ I know will do)

7. Christ was very rich and he wore an expensive robe that is why they cast lots on his robe to decide who should have it.
(ok. Even if the robe was expensive, so your definition of a rich man is a person who has one expensive robe. Why fabricating lies such as these against Christ just to justify the acquisition of an aircraft.

8. We need jets cos we're spreading the gospel to china,japan,america etc
(How come all your pastors in those countries are not able to run the branches for you and then report to you. I guess you're the only one called by God. Nothing is wrong with visting once in a while. Why travelling there every week or month as the case may be or are you worried about them not giving you proper account of the money they're collecting.
Also I used to think they were actually converting the indigenes of those countries, but I discovered that in most of those churches,its mostly their tribal people that actually worship there. In other words,you'll only find only Africans there. Note: I've been to a few countries,and they've bn the same so far)

9.Catholics are doing confessions, blessing holy water, burning incense, worshipping images, and giving holy communion, therefore they are hell bound.
(Why do they have counseling sessions on a particular day of the week where the member tells them about his past life and and how they want God to forgive them and they want to turn a new live and They pray for him/her. Sorry that is not confession, it is called counseling. Did I mention that they carry the stickers of their pastor and his family on their cars, pictures in their homes, offices EVEN ON THEIR BIBLES. Did I mention that they now bless and give holy communion. Confirm from redeemed and winners chapel.
Also they bless handkerchiefs and carry them around like juju or otumokpor

10. God told me to start my own church that's why I started this church
( No problem but why do you become a stumbling block when one of your pastors receives the same vision and wants to start his own. Some even go as far as cursing the person. )

My point is "the last day will be full of surprises but I pray that God will have mercy on all of us" AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by Alikaxon(m): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
hw sure?
Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by obyrich(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
@kamsy, may God strengthen you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by larrymoore(m): 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yes! It. Is a form of idol worship

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2013
larrymoore: Yes! It. Is a form of idol worship

indeed !
Re: Nigerian Christians Love Their Churches And Pastors More Than Jesus by Demainman1: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
There is hardly any Christian in Nigeria. 99% of Nigerians will go to hell. You only need to look around you to confirm this statement. The country is in a sorry state despite the numerous churches. Only very few of us will be in heaven i tell you!

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy For Nigeria 2014 / To Enter The Kingdom Of God / The Ultimate Absurdity Of The Christian Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.