Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Opensource 3D Game Participation Call - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Opensource 3D Game Participation Call (22309 Views)

Going Opensource With Asp.net!! / The Best E-commerce Platform For Nigeria (opensource) / How To Make Money With Opensource (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by MasterPDON: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
BlueMagnificent:

Please don't mind the little black logo that keeps floating on the screen grin it will disappear when the tutorial is drafted
You can even modify it to show the health/energy gauge.
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
MasterPDON:
You can even modify it to show the health/energy gauge.
The Health bar is actually the green column lying horizontally below the radar smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by hayour9: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Just seeing this thread today, hope I'm not late already? I'm really interested in the game build.
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
hayour9:
Just seeing this thread today, hope I'm not late already? I'm really interested in the game build.

Late? Naah!! Not yet smiley . You are highly welcomed
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by hayour9: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
BlueMagnificent:

Late? Naah!! Not yet smiley . You are highly welcomed
alright. I'll send a message to your mail
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Good Day All. It feels so good to be back after quite an occupied period smiley

I'm glad to inform everyone that our Experimental Sample has been making a lot of progress recently and should be out before DARKDOVE's first Anniversary (using the date of the first post on this thread as the kick-off date grin). As has always been the modus operandi of DARKDOVE, this Sample will be simple and easy for everyone to follow.
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
On behalf of the Project DARKDOVE team, permit me to announce that our Experimental Sample will be officially called "Drone Anarchy" and it is currently in the process of been finalised and the tutorials drafted. A Github repo has also been created, though empty for now it will be populated later and everyone will get notified about it.

The codes will be released first in AngelScript and later C++ under the MIT OpenSource license.

Below are some screenshots of current progress

3 Likes

Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by asalimpo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Watzup with this project? Is d game ready yet?
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:
Watzup with this project? Is d game ready yet?

Unfortunately not undecided .

I have been terribly occupied for the past weeks but I still try to make out time during weekend
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Good evening Everyone and Happy Holidays...

Let me first apologize for not meeting up with the target of releasing Drone Anarchy, our experimental sample, on the One Year anniversary of Project DARKDOVE and for not even celebrating the anniversary. I was just too choked up to even have a decent nice sleep undecided smiley smiley

Well... May I gladly say happy anniversary to everyone, DARKDOVE turned a year old on the 6th of December. That was the date of the first post on this thread grin grin grin. Despite the challenges of time that creep in once in a while, we are still making progress.

Now to a major News...
Incub8:Eve which was formally our Proof-Of-Concept has now being upgraded to become Project DARKDOVE's Main Game and having noticed that Drone Anarchy has lots of possibilities of being expanded further, it will be taking over as the Proof-Of-Concept. So, ladies and Gentlemen, the work continues wink
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
Good News Continues...

The First Release of Drone Anarchy, our Proof-Of-Concept, is out cool . It has been made to be as simple and understandable as possible 'cause its intended to be used for tutorials. As was informed earlier it is done in AngelScript to be ran with Urho3DPlayer application that comes with Urho3D Distribution. The C++ version will be made available later.
Before we get it setup on Github here is a link to download a zip file of it :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezt8bsoyjro6x1u/DroneAnarchy.zip?dl=0

Someone might say "Well, I've downloaded and unzipped the folder, what next should I do"... Okay, there are certain things you'd need to do. Since this simple game is AngelScript based, you'll need to have downloaded Urho3D and probably build it if you downloaded the source. But you'll need to get Urho3D snapshot v1.32.91 and upwards. This is due to a bug that was discovered in Urho3D's code while trying to implement a functionality in Drone Anarchy. The bug was fixed ASAP by the awesome devs of Urho3D grin.
Another thing you'll need to do is to read the Readme.txt file it has the right info that you'll need, that shouldn't be hard I guess wink.

As time goes by Drone Anarchy will be modified and would become more advanced, but for now its time to draft out tutorials on Urho3D based on it.

1 Like

Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by KazukiIto(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
Man!
More springs to your keyboard and good luck also... Learning C++ has not really been smooth to enable me contribute to the success of this project. Just know that my heart is with this project and my prayers also. I believe in this project and I believe also it will be a complete project (no matter when). Ride on broda!!!
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
KazukiIto:
Man!
More springs to your keyboard and good luck also... Learning C++ has not really been smooth to enable me contribute to the success of this project. Just know that my heart is with this project and my prayers also. I believe in this project and I believe also it will be a complete project (no matter when). Ride on broda!!!

Thanks alot, though there has been slight difficulties on the way its still great to learn that we have well wishers smiley . Though C++ is the main Language for the Project, but due to the scriptable nature of the Urho3D Engine we'll be making a use of AngelScript alot more. If you know C style syntax or you've worked with C like languages (C++, C# , java) then you won't have problem using AngelScript. So while learning C++ you can still fiddle around with the project through AngelScript wink
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by codemarshal08(m): 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Well, since am not there yet let me join da supporters group lol.
May u never Stop Progressing ooo !!! i love ur Courage @Blue Magnificent

hmm, i will love to work with u some day wink
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
codemarshal08:
Well, since am not there yet let me join da supporters group lol.
May u never Stop Progressing ooo !!! i love ur Courage @Blue Magnificent

hmm, i will love to work with u some day wink

Thanks for the well wishes... Everyone is welcomed to collaborate and work together in DARKDOVE smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by gememerald(m): 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hello darkdovers, dayo here, got some knowledge in c++ and would love to contribute my part in this project, how do I go about it?
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2014
gememerald:
Hello darkdovers, dayo here, got some knowledge in c++ and would love to contribute my part in this project, how do I go about it?

Good to have you here, you are highly welcomed. You can first of all start by joining the forum at [url]darkdove.proboards.com[/url] the forum has been a bit quiet for a while now but it will soon pick up steam. Another option is to simply keep following this thread smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
On behalf of the entire DARKDOVE Team, I'll like to wish everyone a Merry Xmas smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by codemarshal08(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
BlueMagnificent:
On behalf of the entire DARKDOVE Team, I'll like to wish everyone a Merry Xmas smiley

Happy Xmas bro......
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Good Evening Greet Minds...

There is now a GitHub repository for Drone Anarchy https://github.com/DARKDOVE/Drone_Anarchy and it also has the C++ implementation source files included grin grin grin

Its all one step at a time wink
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2014
A little eye candy of Drone Anarchy's current state

1 Like

Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR...

It's going to be a great year for DARKDOVE grin grin

As we all know, our Proof-Of-Concept Drone Anarchy has kicked off and has been hosted on GitHub https://github.com/DARKDOVE/Drone_Anarchy. Currently it has no release version, well its just a POC wink so why bother about that. Work is gradually picking up steam on with lots of ideas popping up here and there. Definitely its going to be a great year.

Once more HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 Like

Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by losprince(m): 1:44am On Jan 11, 2015
don't know how to play the game undecided
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:21am On Jan 11, 2015
losprince:
don't know how to play the game undecided

Have you been able to build it cos its only provided as source no binary executable included. Better still it has an AngelScript implementation included which u simply need to pass as a parameter to to the Urho3DPlayer application that comes with Urho3D distribution.

Check the included readme file for additional info
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by losprince(m): 9:35am On Jan 11, 2015
BlueMagnificent:

Have you been able to build it cos its only provided as source no binary executable included. Better still it has an AngelScript implementation included which u simply need to pass as a parameter to to the Urho3DPlayer application that comes with Urho3D distribution.

Check the included readme file for additional info
so I need to download the urho3d to play the game? I read the read me but still confused... undecided
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2015
losprince:
so I need to download the urho3d to play the game? I read the read me but still confused... undecided

If you want to play the game using the script implemetation then you need the Urho3DPlayer ( which come with Urho3D package) . But for the C++ implementation you'ld have to build it first before running.

Do you have Urho3D package in your system? Did you build it yourself or you got the already built one? Please let me know. Also let me also know the source of confusion on the readme file so that I can explain it better to you.

Thanks smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by Tmasters(f): 2:21am On Jan 12, 2015
Hi, I'm looking for .NET programmer. Can you help? Please provide your number for a WhatsApp chat. Thanks
BlueMagnificent:

If you want to play the game using the script implemetation then you need the Urho3DPlayer ( which come with Urho3D package) . But for the C++ implementation you'ld have to build it first before running.

Do you have Urho3D package in your system? Did you build it yourself or you got the already built one? Please let me know. Also let me also know the source of confusion on the readme file so that I can explain it better to you.

Thanks smiley
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Tmasters:
Hi, I'm looking for .NET programmer. Can you help? Please provide your number for a WhatsApp chat. Thanks

Sorry your request is a bit off the topic of this thread... I hope you find an appropriate way to communicates it
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
Its been quite a while and I have to personally apologize for that. I have been very much occupied for weeks now but that is what makes the commitment worthwhile. So I am fully around and our humble project still moves on. Cheers
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by codemarshal08(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
ok bro, More Grease to ur elbow !!!

takes seat !
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2015
Just started up the long awaited tutorial on Urho3d using Drone Anarchy as a case study. If its worth it, it might get included in the official Urho3d wiki that's currently being discussed on the forum
Re: Opensource 3D Game Participation Call by aje75(m): 11:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
i remember d last time i checked in here it was more lik castles in d air but now very much of a reality. its great to know dat nd hoping to work with u guys soon enough. great job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Me Write The Quadratic Equation (almighty Formula) In This Languages / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project / Can I Learn Programming From My Android Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.