Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Here's How Christianity Will End - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here's How Christianity Will End (1342 Views)

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! / Imagine :A World Without Christianity -Will the world be better off, please vote / How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's How Christianity Will End by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2011
Here's how christianity will end - a time comes in the future of unprecedented global catastrophe. Jesus does NOT arrive despite the prayers and bible - wrought expectation of millions. Many are annihilated. NONE are taken up in any ''rapture'', and faith in the deity known as Jesus, comes to a widespread, crushing end.

A hundred years later, his worship is virtually forgotten among the world's peoples.

Confined to the dusty pages of history books.

A mere memory.

A mere academic reflection.

Undertaken by the odd nutty professor.

It will be similar to the end of the worship of earlier gods like Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Dionysus etc.

It will be the same with Jesus.

To fill the spiritual void, new Chris Oyakhilomes of the future no doubt, will invent a ''saviour'' out of thin air like their predecessors did, complete with fairytales, ''miracles'', ''prophecies'', and even a ''holy book'', milk it for all its worth, charge gate fees, drain the poor of their hard-earned wealth, as the cycle of deceit, exploitation, and greed continues unabated.
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by queensmith: 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
lol jobless atheists! spend your time doing something else naa!

anyways i like the sound of this Dionysus, is that the god of sex?
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by biggy87: 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2011
fool!
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by JeSoul(f): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2011
ROSSIKE, the spambot tagged your last post as spam. Don't post it again or it may automatically ban you.

I will msg the admin to untag the post. Sorry ehn, that spambot is very finnicky.
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2011
There is nothing new under the sun.  See what was said before about the fate of the Bible and what happened to these sayings.

"I am going to put the Bible out of business." -- Robert Ingersoll

"Another century and there will not be a Bible on earth!" -- Voltaire

"Voltaire expected that within fifty years of his lifetime there would not be one Bible in the world.  His house is now a distribution centre for Bibles in many languages". -- Corrie Ten Boom
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by petres007(m): 9:36pm On Jan 21, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Here's how christianity will end - a time comes in the future of unprecedented global catastrophe. Jesus does NOT arrive despite the prayers and bible - wrought expectation of millions. Many are annihilated. NONE are taken up in any ''rapture'', and faith in the deity known as Jesus, comes to a widespread, crushing end.

A hundred years later, his worship is virtually forgotten among the world's peoples.

Confined to the dusty pages of history books.

A mere memory.

A mere academic reflection.

Undertaken by the odd nutty professor.

It will be similar to the end of the worship of earlier gods like Horus, Osiris, Mithra, Dionysus etc.

It will be the same with Jesus.

To fill the spiritual void, new Chris Oyakhilomes of the future no doubt, will invent a ''saviour'' out of thin air like their predecessors did, complete with fairytales, ''miracles'', ''prophecies'', and even a ''holy book'', milk it for all its worth, charge gate fees, drain the poor of their hard-earned wealth, as the cycle of deceit, exploitation, and greed continues unabated.

Yoooouuuuuu wiiiiissssssssssshhhhhhh grin grin grin
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2011
@op who told u these lies?
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by Jen33(m): 1:25am On Jan 23, 2011
Seems a plausible sequence of events I'd say.  cool
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by Krayola(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2011
Jen33:

Seems a plausible sequence of events I'd say.  cool

haha. My thought exactly.

The black plague had a similar effect but not quite as extreme. But yeah. . . seems quite plausible
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by seyibrown(f): 2:09am On Feb 02, 2011
@ OP, similar was said 2000 years ago!  grin  grin grin God's will is never extinguished!
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by Jen33(m): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2011
seyibrown, that someone can walk up to you and purport to tell you ''God's will'', or hand you a book he claims contains ''God's will'', is testament to the gullibility and foolhardiness of the human mind.

Pray, do you suppose it is too hard a task for an all-powerful God to actually transmit ''His will'' directly into your head if he wanted you to know it?

WHY would He need any ''prophet'' or ''pastor'', or any ''holy book'' to help him do this?

Do you see you are being lied to and deceived by people who want your mind and your pocket?
Re: Here's How Christianity Will End by seyibrown(f): 12:19am On Feb 03, 2011
^^^ God does let me know his will 'DIRECTLY' by THE HOLY SPIRIT. I do not need to approach a pastor or soothsayer to know what God's will is! I only give my money to people who need it or in appreciation. I think for myself, in reverence of and in submission to THE SPIRIT OF GOD!

Tx.  smiley

(1) (Reply)

Cultivate A Heart For God / If God Is An Objective Truth - Is God Objective? / Who Really Rules The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.