Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death (2709 Views)

10 Secrets You Didn't Know About Nelson Mandela / 10 Amazing Facts You Did Not Know About Nelson Mandela / 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Nelson Mandela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Daniel7978(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About THE DEATH OF MANDELA [http://fizzynigga..com/2013/12/devastated-see-what-wole-soyinka-has-to.html?spref=tw]
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by gratieao: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
The death of former South African President, Nelson Mandela, seems to have left Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, world acclaimed wordsmith, short of words.
He appears to be so shell- shocked and devastated. In a rare and short tribute to former South African president and anti-apartheid hero, Nelson Mandela, Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka had this to say " "The soul of Africa has departed, and there is nothing miraculous left in the world." Mr. Mandela passed away Thursday night at 95, throwing the entire world into unprecedented mourning. Meanwhile, tributes have continued to pour following the death of the man who is credited for reconciling White and Black South African after the brutal apartheid era that saw the black majority suffering hideous human rights abuses under successive white minority regimes. Mandela was born in 1918. He was sentenced to life in imprisonment by the apartheid government for his armed struggle against a government infamous for killing unarmed protesters. He spent 27 years in prison before was released and elected first black South African president in 1993.

4 Likes

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
The soul of Africa has not departed please! There are so many souls living in it. Shioor! Everybody just want to talk

4 Likes

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by merzybenedict(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Shey me no b a soul to africa..?...yh,we know he's a great man bt mind u,thr r a lot of souls still in africa...e.g,fmr.president of 9ja..mrs.olusegun obasanjo..isnt she a soul or it's mr.jonathan you wanna talk about that he's nt a soul.?...wole,wole,wole...plz shut d trash...sorry..u'v already shut it...thnkz...grin
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Omen100(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dr2great: The soul of Africa has not departed please! There are so many souls living in it. Shioor! Everybody just want to talk

You are too short in knowledge to comprehend what the Prof is talking about.

7 Likes

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by johnmartus(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Dr2great: The soul of Africa has not departed please! There are so many souls living in it. Shioor! Everybody just want to talk
pls dont insult soyinka ok what he said was still better than what your crazy president jonathan who said he cannot be trusth leader like madela

1 Like

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
words of elders indeed
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Chiadimchimma: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
He was all Africa stood for for years now. Hope those in Nigeria will learn a lesson from him (Madiba)
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Chiadimchimma: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
PLS WHAT SORT OF RECRUITMENT AGENCY IS WORKFORCE? IMAGINE THEY CALLED PEOPLE TO OWERRI ON 25TH NOV 2013 ONLY TO INFORM THEM ON THE TRAINING VENUE THAT WHAT THEY CAME FOR IS OND JOB? DOES IT MAKE SENSE?

AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, THEY TOLD THE ALREADY AGITATED JOB SEEKERS WHOSE NAMES WERE NOT ON THE LIST THEY CALLED THAT THEY SHOULD GO HOME AND WAIT TO BE CALLED. THIS IS AFTER GOING ALL THE WAY TO BENCHMARK HOTELS,14 ODOUBI CRESCENT, IKENEGBU LAYOUT.

THIS IS THE SAME PEOPLE THAT MESSED UP THE NEITI APTITUDE TEST THEY CONDUCTED LATE LAST YEAR!

WHO WILL PROTECT NIGERIANS? AND IMAGINE CONDUCTING THE ENUGU INTERVIEW TILL 11PM ON THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER 2013.

IS THE Workforce Management Centre A CURSE OR A BLESSING? EFCC OVER TO YOU.
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by chiefinalowo: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2013

Nobody in your entire region can be as great as Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
merzybenedict: Shey me no b a soul to africa..?...yh,we know he's a great man bt mind u,thr r a lot of souls still in africa...e.g,fmr.president of 9ja..mrs.olusegun obasanjo..isnt she a soul or it's mr.jonathan you wanna talk about that he's nt a soul.?...wole,wole,wole...plz shut d trash...sorry..u'v already shut it...thnkz...grin
stop yarning ballz abeg....Go bak to sleep..smello!
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by merzybenedict(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Booty butt chic: stop yarning ballz abeg....Go bak to sleep..smello!
..c ur lyf outside...smello.!
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
merzybenedict: ..c ur lyf outside...smello.!
b4Nko?u tink say na inside nairaland my life dey undecided opricki!
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by IAMBREEZY: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nawa
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by ejifranks(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Figure of speech...A great man has passed on that's all I can say..

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Burnaaboi(m): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
[/color][color=#000000] undecidedshey took much book don enta soyinka head...which1 b soul
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by sparkleRed(f): 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nna na wa 4 una ooh, prof is talking literally, ow many of us cn go thru wat he went thru and still be forgiving undecided me i knw i cnt angry
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
chiefinalowo:

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
prof why na?
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Omen100:

u are the one who is short in knowledge to understand that i am talking in parables. By the way.,are u mad? Who are u? How dare u talk to me like that? Am i ur mate? Please call urself to other now. Or else?

2 Likes

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
johnmartus: pls dont insult soyinka ok what he said was still better than what your crazy president jonathan who said he cannot be trusth leader like madela
if the man who ur father is not qualify to be his gate man in aso rock is crazy, then what can we say of ur father? Goat? Mad man? Arm robber? 419? Or wat? Pls tell us who ur poor dirty father is

1 Like

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
chiefinalowo:

is wole soyinka greater than gej? Is he richer or more popular than gej? FOOLISH chiefnalowo. sarcastic shout out to chiefinalowo.,the son of a brick layer

1 Like

Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by JohnFrankling(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
chiefinalowo:

that was so steeewpid from you bro
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by bcomputer101: 3:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Dr2great: is wole soyinka greater than gej? Is he richer or more popular than gej? FOOLISH chiefnalowo. sarcastic shout out to chiefinalowo.,the son of a brick layer

Comparing SOYINKA with GEJ is a big taboo.

In Oshomole voice: GO and DIE!
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by obuksjr(m): 4:30am On Dec 07, 2013
bcomputer101:

Comparing SOYINKA with GEJ is a big taboo.

In Oshomole voice: GO and DIE!
Please where is the N2million and letter of appointment?.Hope you know the implication of saying 'Go and Die'?
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2013
All these mandela hypes undecided

If only ojukwu allowed himself to be captured. At least, like mandela, he will eat free food for 27yrs(i'm sure he wasn't starved) and free cloths for the same number of years.. Amd we will be able to type his name on computer without the computer marking it out as a wrong spelling!.

i can't biliv my lappy typed 'madela' without under lining it! What d fucck?

Well, my name too na dare. No under-lining for computer grin grin grin

That means i'm as great as mandela. i'm sure if u write ojukwu, ma error 504 grin grin
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Enahi(f): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2013
Dr2great: u are the one who is short in knowledge to understand that i am talking in parables. By the way.,are u mad? Who are u? How dare u talk to me like that? Am i ur mate? Please call urself to other now. Or else?
unfortunately no one knows you here,you are on Nairaland not your house ok. We don't want to know who you are.
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by trovert: 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
THE GREAT SOYINKA ONLY SHOWS HIS LITERARY PROWESS..HE SOUNDED METAPHORICALLY..THAT IS A METAPHOR ..JUST COMPARE WHAT A SOUL DOES TO A BODY ND WHAT MANDELA IS TO AFRICA...some just hate yorubas just because the tribe with their level sophistication and political awareness are exposing jonathan weakness examplified in his poor governance
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by trovert: 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
THE GREAT SOYINKA ONLY SHOWS HIS LITERARY PROWESS..HE SOUNDED METAPHORICALLY..THAT IS A METAPHOR ..JUST COMPARE WHAT A SOUL DOES TO A BODY ND WHAT MANDELA IS TO AFRICA...some just hate yorubas just because the tribe with their high level of sophistication and political awareness are exposing jonathan weakness examplified in his poor governance
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Pain(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
Omen100:

So explain to him "tall man"
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
Enahi: unfortunately no one knows you here,you are on Nairaland not your house ok. We don't want to know who you are.
keep shut
Re: DEVASTATED: SEE What Wole Soyinka Has To Say About Nelson Mandela's Death by Enahi(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dr2great: keep shut
yeah right,u are so not real. You are asking someone to keep shut through N/land. I shouldn't even be replying you sef.

(1) (Reply)

18 Days After Wedding, She Died For Lack Of Money / Jonathan Will Not Handover Power To Buhari / The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.