Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. (2707 Views)

On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / This Joke Tells The Exact Positions Of The Yorubas And Ibos Towards One Nijeriya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by mazeltov(m): 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
The yorubas have just shown that they are truly economically shortsighted, myopic in terms of business related activitied and they displayed that by supporting what Gov. Ambode did. No wonder they hardly make it in business.
Take it or leave it, The igbos in lagos are contributing to the progress of Lagos state economic but this fact have been refuted several times by some myopic midgets who have no fundamental knowledge about how local bussiness drives the economy of a state. This claim has been severally kicked out by some narrow-minded people who have no clue about what drives the economy of lagos state.

What kind of goverment do we have in Lagos state? These business are what some people are using to survive - and only God knows how many people would die as a result of this animalistic approach govt used only for my fellow yorubas to start chanting ''we accommodate you''.
If you are wondering why the yorubas hardly make it in business, don't look too far because their brains are not built for business purpose . They are just lazy set of people who like milking other people through their ''omo onile''.
For goodness sake, there is nothing to justify the destruction of business because what government destroyed is not just ordinary shops but wealth of the people.
Take a look at the states in s/w. The only state that is up to standard in the entire southwest is Lagos state. Ogun state is developing due to its proximity to Lagos state if not, it would have been graded like Ebonyi. What of Oyo state that is neither Progressing nor regressing like 'omo abiku'. Osun state is there sinking like Titanic in the lake of debt. Osun state is surviving due to the humanitarian services of some people in Nigeria.
What of Ekiti state that is niether here nor there - the relative economic Gdp of onitsha alone is better than that of Ekiti state. Don't let me talk about Ondo state because Sokoto state is even popular than Ondo state. No wonder they are always ready to fight so as to claim lagos. What would have been the case if Lagos state is not in south west, it would have been worst for them than sudan but our God is merciful an God has his way of balancing his equation which is unquestionable.
The earlier the yorubas understand what drive their economy, the better for them.
Peace::

9 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
For yur mind you don write?

8 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Toosure70: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Flat head mumu

18 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by princdebola201(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
mazeltov:
The yorubas have just shown that they are truly economically shortsighted, myopic in terms of business related activitied and they displayed that by supporting what Gov. Ambode did. No wonder they hardly make it in business.
Take it or leave it, The igbos in lagos are contributing to the progress of Lagos state economic but this fact have been refuted several times by some myopic midgets who have no fundamental knowledge about how local bussiness drives the economy of a state. This claim has been severally kicked out by some narrow-minded people who have no clue about what drives the economy of lagos state.

What kind of goverment do we have in Lagos state? These business are what some people are using to survive - and only God knows how many people would die as a result of this animalistic approach govt used only for my fellow yorubas to start chanting ''we accommodate you''.
If you are wondering why the yorubas hardly make it in business, don't look too far because their brains are not built for business purpose . They are just lazy set of people who like milking other people through their ''omo onile''.
For goodness sake, there is nothing to justify the destruction of business because what government destroyed is not just ordinary shops but wealth of the people.
Take a look at the states in s/w. The only state that is up to standard in the entire southwest is Lagos state. Ogun state is developing due to its proximity to Lagos state if not, it would have been graded like Ebonyi. What of Oyo state that is neither Progressing nor regressing like 'omo abiku'. Osun state is there sinking like Titanic in the lake of debt. Osun state is surviving due to the humanitarian services of some people in Nigeria.
What of Ekiti state that is niether here nor there - the relative economic Gdp of onitsha alone is better than that of Ekiti state. Don't let me talk about Ondo state because Sokoto state is even popular than Ondo state. No wonder they are always ready to fight so as to claim lagos. What would have been the case if Lagos state is not in south west, it would have been worst for them than sudan but our God is merciful an God has his way of balancing his equation which is unquestionable.
The earlier the yorubas understand what drive their economy, the better for them.

Lamentation of a pained flat head from erosion land of Biafracheesygrin

No vex take handkerchiefgrintonguetonguetongue

28 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by princdebola201(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
@op I know u re frustrated .

But I want to know why Ondo,lagos and oyo recieves more allocation than all south east statescheesycheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
I feel your pain.

3 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
I dislike modath
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Personally I most confess it is not a Yoruba thing but the stupidity and shortsightedness of our elected officials.
It is not only in Lagos it happens everywhere in the country, government demolishing peoples' businesses as a way to get them to leave a particular premise. The truth is, who is fooling who?

First, the government on its part is going a poor job in creating employment for the masses, and some citizens decided to set up businesses, hence, taking themselves off the labor market (a good score for the government) and in addition pay taxes (another plus and a contribution to the treasury that will be looted by the elected officials). In a bid to evacuate (whether legally or illegally that is not the issue here) most governments destroy the businesses of their citizens, ruining those businesses, increasing the number of unemployed and loosing out on the taxes that would have been earned. Please who is fooling who?
There are smarter way to handle issues like this without throwing those guys into the labor market and without government loosing out on the taxes that would have accrued.

Simply place a penalty that would be levied on them if they don't move before a specified period and every additional week increases the fee by a particular percentage such that in a month time the accrue levy would be enough to pay 1/3 for the ownership of similar property some where else. If they don't pay you get a court order and charge them to court, here is the catch; if with all the evidence that you have given to them to vacate they sure would loose and government would go ahead to ask the judge to order the accused to pay for government legal fees and other charges incurred by suing the accused (marketers).

It may be slow but when government eventually get a favorable ruling,the traders in addition to evacuating the property will work long to pay off their debt to the state and court, while still employed and still pay their taxes. Other people will learn from it, there is no media propaganda and I can assure you people will take government notice seriously. Because there will be no demolished structures or media coverage to elicit public sympathy.

It is going to be individual pains and nothing spells cautions like seeing your fellow trader paying their levies behind your back and moving out of the market in the dead of the night. You will be forced to plead guilty, pay yours and shout 'backstabbing' and walk away foaming in the mouth.

5 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by modath(f): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
uselessgoat:
I dislike mo

Pick a nos! wink
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Hafter1: 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Buhahahaha see painment. The flat headed cocaine smuggler is pained, Yoruba peeps should ignore this mofo cos you will be wasting your time. Eboes are 8th class citizen of Nigeria and we aint mate. Lmaooo

18 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
modath:

Pick a nos! wink

Ajimarori undecided
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by vault(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
source of importation drives Lagos economy not your cheap little business......

whether you stay or go back to ur confused land..... Lagos would remain the same "centre of excellence"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by PreyingMantis(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
uselessgoat:
I dislike modath
I cant believe you're still alive. What happened to the suicide venture? Don't tell me you're such a coward.

6 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by modath(f): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
uselessgoat:

Ajimarori undecided

What does that mean? I can't feel insulted if I don't understand the language? cheesy

BTW, I know you are a troll but why did you pick this moniker? cheesy
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
modath:

What does that mean? I can't feel insulted if I don't understand the language? cheesy

BTW, I know you are a troll but why did you pick this moniker? cheesy

U be Yoruba like me and u no know d meaning of Aji-ma-ro-ori? Your schools fees should be refunded from primary 1 till date

2 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by YoruBanger: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
@mazeltov: Yinmu. You people are perpetual wailers. Even if dem give una till eternity to evacuate sef Una go still find something to complain about and still scream victimization.

When T.A Orji relocated some traders from Umuahia due to his desire to beautify the state capital during his tenure, some of them still complained. Obiano was attacked by many of them for enforcing a ban on street trading. Una must sha complain about something. I for one have stopped taking you all seriously.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511842/abia-state-reactions-trail-markets

Excerpts:
... The traders, however, are reacting differently to the development. Some have welcomed the new market, in principle, but are frowning at the short notice given for relocation. They are also lamenting the cost of the shops, describing it as too high. Others have commended the foresight of the government.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/traders-ground-onitsha-in-protest-over-relocation-threat/

Y'all should relocate to the SE if you're so pained. Kapish!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by antispexish(m): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
I believe the op just had his shop demolished, hence the post

6 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by betty202020(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
princdebola201:
@op I know u re frustrated .

But I want to know why Ondo,lagos and oyo recieves more allocation than all south east statescheesycheesy
see this owambe cockroach, is national allocation economics driver? You don't need to be told that ur state will finally be grounded if Fg stop fed allocation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
antispexish:
I believe the op just had his shop demolished, hence the post

Who dash monkey banana? That mazeltov is still in secondary school or at best a college dropout. Going through his posts will convince you.

I never even knew he is a flatheaded Igbo otherwise I would have activated the ignore-button on him especially in the foreign affairs section. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by modath(f): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
uselessgoat:

U be Yoruba like me and u no know d meaning of Aji-ma-ro-ori? Your schools fees should be refunded from primary 1 till date

*ignored*
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lol..

grin grin

All these crying over a demolished market?

Dude, go your village that is not backwards now abi we say make u come develop our land?

Dude, Yorubas has just proved to you say u are nothing, u are shity!

Now, Let me tell u, if the host tell u say the only corn wey dey house na for planting, it means the visitors shld be going home.

My friend, stop crying and go home na...

See epistle. Una want consideration?

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by docsholz(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
The igbos attach excessive importance to their contribution in Lagos

7 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by princdebola201(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
betty202020:
see this owambe cockroach, is national allocation economics driver? You don't need to be told that ur state will finally be grounded if Fg stop fed allocation.

Mr flat head tell me the basis for revenue allocationgrin

9 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
OP,
Everytime I was typing a response I get called for something else. I will catch u some other time. Crzy f00l!
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by modath(f): 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Modath,
Abeg, dont reply to this dude any more. He acts true to his moniker.

Thank you jare, i actually thot i was just banting with an harmless troll, not knowing the moniker is apt. smiley

The thing has joined its type in my ignore bin..

1 Like

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Jobneeded12: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
mazeltov:

THANK YOU
PLEASE TAKE YOUR LIFE SAVING INVESTMENTS BACK HOME
OF THE 8 YORUBA STATES IN NIGERIA ONLY OSUN FUMBLES

LAGOS IS DOING FINE
OGUN IS FINE
ONDO IS DOING FINE
EKITI IS FINE
OYO IS PROGRESSING INCASE YOUR NOT AWARE AFTER LAGOS BORDERS OYO IS THE SECOND BUSIEST
OSUN IS SUFFERING
KWARA IS DOING FINE
KOGI WEST IS DOING FINE

BUT PLEASE TAKE YOUR INVESTMENTS BACK HOME
WE DONT NEED IT
IGBOS ARE CANCERS TO ANY SOCIETY
THEY ATTACHED IMAGINARY IMPORTANCE TO THEMSELVES
WE HAVE BROKEN YOUR MARKETS AND IT DOENST AFFECT US ONE BIT
PLS TAKE YOUR "CONTRIBUTIONS" BACK HOME

8 Likes

Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by MayorofLagos(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
modath:

Thank you jare, i actually thot i was just banting with an harmless troll, not knowing the moniker is apt. smiley

The thing has joined its type in my ignore bin..

You know they say opposites attract, seems he picked up on your scent. cheesy.

Modath is a femme fatale...a temptress extra ordinaire!
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by modath(f): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
MayorofLagos:

You know they say opposites attract, seems he picked up on your scent. cheesy.

Mo is a femme fatale...a temptress extra ordinaire!

Na me look for trouble, he opened a thread about looking for suicide mode & i joined in the joke not knowing na real sanle.... angry

Don't think IT knows Mo isn't male , the moniker doesn't give much away ,also taking permanent residence in this misogynistic terrain makes them think all is fair in craze & war..... cheesy grin

90% of the crazies that get all up in my mentions actually add bros, I'm like what gives off that impression , i refuse to add back (f) , don't want to be "friends" with these lil kids that play with the PM buttons. cheesy
Re: The Shortsightedness Of The Yorubas. by Karanka: 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Op,in as much as you used some very harsh words up there to describe Yorubas,most of what you said are simply the plain truth that any objective person can attest to.
The Igbos survived the after-war 20 pounds policy that affected almost 90% of them,is it now a demolition that didn't affect up to 30% of the whole Igbos in Nigeria that they can't survive?
You see,things have a way of coming back to haunt people. Who would have thought that Igbos would be one of the major players in the Economic sector of Lagos ( southwest) after Awolowo ( a southwesterner) chaired the 20 pounds policy? That's life.
These things are recorded.
There's always an option,and there's always Karma.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling / See This: Tompolo May Not Be "Wanted" Actually / Pictu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.