Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! (6465 Views)

The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Opinion: Goodluck Jonathan Is The 'Mandela' Of Nigeria. / APC E-warriors And Their Satanic Lies: Okupe Did Not Call GEJ The Mandela Of Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by dahfweshdude69: 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
idumuose:
If Ɣ☺u say so.
plain fact Dude...n u know it
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by cap28: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ojukwu is not in the same league as Mandela, even a blind, deaf and dumb person would arrive at that conclusion.

Why? Because a true leader does not desert his people when the going gets tough, a true leader leads from the front and either commits suicide or stays to face the consequences, check all great leaders and you will find that none have ever deserted their people when the going got tough, even Hitler had the decency to comitt suicide when he realised that Berlin was surrounded on all sides by the Russians.

Tojo of Japan committed suicide when he realised that Japan was about to be defeated by the allied forces so Im sorry I can not put Ojukwu in the same category as Mandela.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by djjoad(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
I wonder @ the bone of contention here....
Since ojukwu died first, if he was really that great...the trend should have been "Mandela the ojukwu of south Africa" but judging from the topic...it shoes mandela's shoes are actually very big and we r trying to cut it to ojukwu's size..
Smh
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
The OP made this in jest. Mumu OP.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 1:50am On Dec 09, 2013
stillwater: The OP made this in jest. Mumu OP.
@ stagnant water
Must Ɣ☺u comment?
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by debetmx(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2013
dayokanu: Mandela went to jail for what he believed in, Ojuku fled from what he claimed he believed in

Word on marble

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by debetmx(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2013
How can any sane person who is not under the influence of "IGBO" compare ojukwu to Mandela?

How do you compare hell-fire to Heaven? Even Wole Soyinka who some stupid/ungrateful flat-heads have called names just because he is Yoruba, suffered more for the ibos more than that CANTANKEROUS COWARD.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by T8ksy(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2013
debetmx: How can any sane person who is not under the influence of "IGBO" compare ojukwu to Mandela?

How do you compare hell-fire to Heaven? Even Wole Soyinka who some stupid/ungrateful flat-heads have called names just because he is Yoruba, suffered more for the ibos more than that CANTANKEROUS COWARD.

Gbosa!!!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Fernandez01: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Well, i don't like mandela, and i'm not carried away by his hypes.

But it is so clear that while the story of biafrans were related to these OP by his fathers, they were so ashamed to tell him the truth that OJUKWU actually left them for dead on the war front and ran off in some lady's attire!

grin grin grin

But if u say he is ur hero in biafra, well, who doesn't knw that the name 'ibo' is synonymous to 'substandard'?

Your fathers sper.m is substandard that's why idio.ts like you roam the earth . Gosh ! ( To even think you are the fittest sperm that fertilized the dirty ovum )
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2013
bcomputer101: How can a traitor be the Mandela of Nigeria.

This is a man that doesn't want the unity of Nigeria.

I poo on this thread!

@OP, what brand of cigar do you smoke?

You are likely spewing out what you heard. Read Because I'm Involved by Ojukwu. And prepare to change your mind afterwards.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You are likely spewing out what you heard. Read Because I'm Involved by Ojukwu. And prepare to change your mind afterwards.
These people spewing thrash here are too indolent to read.
Ask them if they have read any of frederick foresyth's books on Ojukwu.
The answer is no.whatever it is they are saying about ojukwu is hearsay.
They are spewing out what they heard in beer parlour and ogogoro joints.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by debetmx(m): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

That is the wackest book of all times. The only point I learnt/garnered from the book was that he corroborated Adewale Ademoyega's assertion that he knew about Ifeajuna's plan to carry out a coup.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by scribe2000(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
EXCITING PIECE:
Let us read this article and see if theie is any similarity between Mandela and Ojukwu:

TITLE: The dark side of Nelson Mandela , By Andrew Bolt • Herald Sun • December 09, 2013 12:00AM

From http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/the-dark-side-of-nelson-mandela/story-fni0ffxg-1226778174719

MUCH of the sanctimonious grieving for Nelson Mandela is not just a sin against history - but a danger.

It is true Mandela rose to greatness. Freed after 27 years in a South African jail, the anti-apartheid fighter emerged not bent on vengeance but healing.

He negotiated a peaceful end to apartheid, and as the first president of democratic South Africa, preached - and practised - reconciliation. In this he was great. A healer. An inspiration.

For many whites abroad, he seems even Christ-like - someone who'd suffered for the sins of white guilt, and absolved those who believed in him of the sin of racism.

But Mandela was no Christ nor even Gandhi nor Martin Luther King. He was for decades a man of violence. In 1961, he broke with African National Congress colleagues who preached non-violence, creating a terrorist wing.

He later pleaded guilty in court to acts of public violence, and behind bars sanctioned more, including the 1983 Church St car bomb that killed 19 people.

Mandela even suggested cutting off the noses of blacks deemed collaborators. His then wife Winnie advocated "necklacing" instead - a burning tyre around the neck.

Mandela argued the apartheid regime left him no option but to fight violence with violence, but it is too easy to claim events proved him right. His legacy is not yet played out.

Current president Jacob Zuma until recently still publicly sang the anti-apartheid song, Shoot the Boer, in a still-divided country where many white farmers have been shot.

Mandela's support for other leaders of violence is even less forgivable. He maintained close ties to Cuban dictator Fidel Castro and backed Palestinian terrorist leader Yasser Arafat. As president in 1997, he gave his country's highest award for a foreigner to Libya's dictator, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who'd donated $10 million to the ANC. He gave the same award to the corrupt Indonesian president Suharto, who he said had donated $60 million.

He supported Nigerian coup leader Sani Abacha, refusing to say a word publicly to stop the 1995 hanging of activist Ken Saro-Wiwa.

I repeat, Mandela did great things. But many of his more radical supporters in the West now use that greatness to wash clean his record of political violence - and his support for dictators who'd used it.

That is dangerous.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by DerideGull(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
cap28: Ojukwu is not in the same league as Mandela, even a blind, deaf and dumb person would arrive at that conclusion.

Why? Because a true leader does not desert his people when the going gets tough, a true leader leads from the front and either commits suicide or stays to face the consequences, check all great leaders and you will find that none have ever deserted their people when the going got tough, even Hitler had the decency to comitt suicide when he realised that Berlin was surrounded on all sides by the Russians.

Tojo of Japan committed suicide when he realised that Japan was about to be defeated by the allied forces so Im sorry I can not put Ojukwu in the same category as Mandela.

It is unfortunate most Nigerians are known for distortion of factual facts. There are many differences between Ojukwu and Mandela which included the involvement of the Europeans on the part of South Africa, though practiced Apartheid, who were more enlightened than the idiotic Nigerians that fought Biafra.

Most top leadership of Umkhonot we Sizwe (MK) including Nelson Mandela ran away from South Africa except those captured before they could escape. Why did Nelson Mandela not commit suicide in situation less than a war? In addition, what went down in South Africa were mere riots not a war. Is it not matter of idiocy to compare well established countries and world powers such as Japan and Germany that initiated the wars to a Biafra that did not see a day of peace as country and never initiated the war?.

I have long understood the anemic problems of Nigerian stem from tribal bigotry which set the stream of thoughts of most Nigerians into the path of illogicality. This issue can not be different from other issues.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by pazienza(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Actually,i think it's an insult to link Ojukwu with a sell out and white ass licker like Mandela. Not everybody is deceived by this western propaganda of trying to paint Mandela a Hero, simply because he allowed the whites them retain their economic hold on south African land and mineral resources, while giving him an empty political power in return, a far cry from what the leaders of black movement in that country fought for, before mandela assumed leadership.

Can you imagine that the saboteur Mandela the whites are selling to us as a hero, was busy negotiating with the whites, behind the back of other black african leaders.'mandela was surely a white man hero, allowing them to retain all their advantage, but surely not a black hero, never!

''The mandela legacy'' by tendai makaripe does a good justice to the scam called Mandela.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by DerideGull(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
pazienza: Actually,i think it's an insult to link Ojukwu with a sell out and white ass licker like Mandela. Not everybody is deceived by this western propaganda of trying to paint Mandela a Hero, simply because he allowed the whites them retain their economic hold on south African land and mineral resources, while giving him an empty political power in return, a far cry from what the leaders of black movement in that country fought for, before mandela assumed leadership.

Can you imagine that the saboteur Mandela the whites are selling to us as a hero, was busy negotiating with the whites, behind the back of other black african leaders.'mandela was surely a white man hero, allowing them to retain all their advantage, but surely not a black hero, never!

''The mandela legacy'' by tendai makaripe does a good justice to the scam called Mandela.

Bros the Europeans you have referenced in your post understood Africans more than Africans understand themselves. The Europeans knew Africans are bunch of imbecilic dullards who are drunk on sentiments and never appreciate the reality of life. They have succeeded in making Nelson Mandela an image which is larger than Africa with petty gifts that can never change the reality of things on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by TheClown: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
As a northerner who grew up in the north, all I knew of Ojukwu was that he is a traitor who wanted to break Nigeria. But while preparing for an exam after my secondary school when I had to read extensively about the Nigerian history, I came to realise, and I told myself, contrary to the popular view, that Ojukwu is a Hero who did what very few people would have done occupying the privileged position he occupied. Ive always loved the man and his courage. In the sense that he stood for his people, selflessly, he is equal to Mandela; my long held view.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
The Clown: As a northerner who grew up in the north, all I knew of Ojukwu was that he is a traitor who wanted to break Nigeria. But while preparing for an exam after my secondary school when I had to read extensively about the Nigerian history, I came to realise, and I told myself, contrary to the popular view, that Ojukwu is a Hero who did what very few people would have done occupying the privileged position he occupied. Ive always loved the man and his courage. In the sense that he stood for his people, selflessly, he is equal to Mandela; my long held view.
Your view is right bro.never mind those distortionists.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by IleIfe2(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
idumuose:
Your view is right bro.never mind those distortionists.

Clown, you post and respond to yourself. lunatics grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by DerideGull(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ile-Ife:

It takes one goon to recognize another. grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Malawian(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
superstar1: Ojukwu was, is and will forever be the definition of cowardice.

Slaughtered/suyanised his own people, dressed up in mini skirt and spag with lipstick and mascara and ran away to romp ashewo in Abidjan, eating isi ewu and drink palm wine, and this coward is a hero. I am laughing igbotically.

It was better for him to have killed himself like hitler and forever be idolised, than the sissy cowardice act of his.

ojukwu stood and fought his enemies ( an enemy that never ends as the british kept importing fighting men from their other african colonies) for 3 years before legging it. compare to the one that drank otapiapia at the first sign of trouble. grin grin we know bravery means different things to both tribes.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by meforyou1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Just like abiola onakakanfo(general) ran away from the war. Just to come back and be poisoned by tea.
The only yoruba that goes near mandela is fela, every other one like obj, fashola and tinubu are a billion poles away
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by meforyou1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
kingoflag:

End of story!

No matter how history states it you can never refer to Mussolini, Hitler, Ghaddafi or Hussein as cowards.

As a leader that leads others to battle, you either die on that battlefield or commit suicide: thats your only option. Thats what brave soldiers do. Cowards flee. Unkind words, maybe---because I admire that Ojukwu stood up for Igbos--- but thats the description he left for his legacy. And thats the plain truth.
gaddafi was fleeing when US spotted him and a libyan teenager shot him dead. Sadam was plucked out of the hole like a rat.
Don't know much about musolini. But hitler had nowhere to run, he had been cornered from all fronts.
And do remember that abiola d kakanfo also ran. And u know what happened to him when he caught
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
me_for_you: gaddafi was fleeing when US spotted him and a libyan teenager shot him dead. Sadam was plucked out of the hole like a rat.
Don't know much about musolini. But hitler had nowhere to run, he had been cornered from all fronts.
And do remember that [size=14pt]abiola d kakanfo also ran[/size]. And u know what happened to him when he caught

me_for_you: Just like [size=14pt]abiola onakakanfo[/size](general) ran away from the war. Just to come back and be poisoned by tea.
The only yoruba that goes near mandela is fela, every other one like obj, fashola and tinubu are a billion poles away
lol

abiola don get new title grin
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by osystein(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
As has been already stated, ujukwu a complete coward. Biafra was clearly destined to be another French puppet country.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Ile-ife iyawo modakeke.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by debetmx(m): 7:53am On Dec 11, 2013
The Clown: As a northerner who grew up in the north, all I knew of Ojukwu was that he is a traitor who wanted to break Nigeria. But while preparing for an exam after my secondary school when I had to read extensively about the Nigerian history, I came to realise, and I told myself, contrary to the popular view, that Ojukwu is a Hero who did what very few people would have done occupying the privileged position he occupied. Ive always loved the man and his courage. In the sense that he stood for his people, selflessly, he is equal to Mandela; my long held view.

He stood up for his people by running into exile with his family members after wasting the lives of others? What courage did the cantankerous coward show? Selfless? He and his family were feeding fat while others went hungry. Did ojukwu look under-fed?

If ojukwu fought till the very end like he said before the war that when they killed everybody the grass will fight for them I will respect him more than Mandela. Nothing but the CANTANKEROUS COWARD.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 10:09am On Dec 11, 2013
debetmx:

He stood up for his people by running into exile with his family members after wasting the lives of others? What courage did the cantankerous coward show? Selfless? He and his family were feeding fat while others went hungry. Did ojukwu look under-fed?

If ojukwu fought till the very end like he said before the war that when they killed everybody the grass will fight for them I will respect him more than Mandela. Nothing but the CANTANKEROUS COWARD.

What happened to Abiola when he fled the country and later returned
based on ill advise?
He was incercerated and later given otapiapia.Where is Abiola today?
He died an untimely death.He died before his time.He died at the
young age of 62.What a shame.
Ojukwu was wise enough to have fled the country at the time he did.
Otherwise otapiapia treatment would have awaited him.In other words
dying in the hands of Hausa would have been an abomination.Tufiakwa
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by debetmx(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2013
idumuose:

What happened to Abiola when he fled the country and later returned
based on ill advise?
He was incercerated and later given otapiapia.Where is Abiola today?
He died an untimely death.He died before his time.He died at the
young age of 62.What a shame.
Ojukwu was wise enough to have fled the country at the time he did.
Otherwise otapiapia treatment would have awaited him.In other words
dying in the hands of Hausa would have been an abomination.Tufiakwa

I thought I was talking with a reasonable and sane mind, I never knew I was talking with an IGBO smoking junkie. Good day.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by bushwailo: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2013
Ojukwu kwa.... Mandela shocked shocked
I'm speechless lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by T8ksy(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2013
debetmx:

I thought I was talking with a reasonable and sane mind, I never knew I was talking with an IGBO smoking junkie. Good day.

Reasonable and sane minds, ke? 4 where? This is exactly why i call them "malfunctioning clones" because they all tend to regurgitate the same old BS without an iota of proof, over and over again. Am certain if you were to ask them a simple question they will all respond with something like "Awo drank otapiapia", " yorubas are cowards", " yorubas are dirty, ugly, tribalists" and other similar asinine concepts that has been programmed into their minds by their incompetent, myopic, visionless but selfish and greedy leaders/elders who really didn't and still don't give a shiiiiit about them.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
T8ksy:

Reasonable and sane minds, ke? 4 where? This is exactly why i call them "malfunctioning clones" because they all tend to regurgitate the same old BS without an iota of proof, over and over again. Am certain if you were to ask them a simple question they will all respond with something like "Awo drank otapiapia", " yorubas are cowards", " yorubas are dirty, ugly, tribalists" and other similar asinine concepts that has been programmed into their minds by their incompetent, myopic, visionless but selfish and greedy leaders/elders who really didn't and still don't give a shiiiiit about them.
I did not say Awo drank otapoapia. Ɣ☺u see why I said Ɣ☺u are high on
Agunmu jedijedi.I said Abiola was given otapiapia on the day he was given
his pseudo freedom.
The highest form of cowardice was exibited by Diya.the story of Diya crying
and begging Abacha to spare his life was awash in the media back in the
days. Ɣ☺u can also watch it life on youtube.That is the highest form of
cowardice exibited by any known army officer nay a General in the history
of Nigerian armed forces.Are Ɣ☺u doubting me? Ɣ☺u had better not bro.

Ɣ☺u people are the mirror image of cowardice.Olori oko of cowardice.crowned
kings of cowardice.

Awon omo talika.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. / Compilation Of Pmb's Appointments To Date And Their Equivalents Under Gej / Hitler. The Greatest Statesman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.