Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? (17241 Views)

Infinix Or Tecno Or Gionee Devices, Which Will You Go For? / Innjoo Or Tecno Or Infinix Phones/tablets, Which Do You Like Most? / Tecno Or Gionee - Which Would You Advise I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
babsalux09:

and wetin b d meaning of chinko?...all this i too know people self, na them no let naija progress....every company has a touch of china in it,and in terms of technology china is among the best,u can call all those noise makin tecno's chinko..just like how people call nokia torch light phones palasa..but u cant call a tecno android chinko,bcoz its function is better than blackberry,nokia lumia or symbiam...u are not a phone developer,so ur layman mentality will always make u think once a phone price is low...then its chinko...shame on u bro.

Now let me school you.

Samsung, apple inc, htc, hp, etc all have their factories in China and they manufacture their products there. That is why they write: made in China. These companies ensure that the manufacturing standards of their products are high.

Chinko made is also made in China but the products made belong to chinese companies. These are companies like tecno, etc. Their standards are low and their products are cheap. That is why they are called chinko.

Hope you have learnt something today.

It is Nigerians that have labelled Chinko as something bad. I never said anything bad about chinko or term it as bad
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by babsalux09(m): 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
pDude:

Now let me school you.

Samsung, apple inc, htc, hp, etc all have their factories in China and they manufacture their products there. That is why they write: made in China. These companies ensure that the manufacturing standards of their products are high.

Chinko made is also made in China but the products made belong to chinese companies. These are companies like tecno, etc. Their standards are low and their products are cheap. That is why they are called chinko.

Hope you have learnt something today.

It is Nigerians that have labelled Chinko as something bad. I never said anything bad about chinko or term it as bad

now i guess u av takin back ur words,and u gat some point and acceptin d fact that some of samsung e.t.c products has come to existence with d availability of resources from china..good u av clearified that..but if u say low standard its ur opinion maybe bcoz they avnt come out with a product that will rip u off,well all i av to say is d issue of tecno arising is just like a company comin out to produce a phone like curve 4,bold 3 and bold 5 when d world is already aware of z10,z30 and d rest...also samsung and other big name myt av gotten hype bcoz they prefer to use frigile but attractive materials in d finishin work of their product while tecno chose a less expensiv and cheap to replace material doesnt guaranty durability,wateva product it is,its left to d consumer to derive optimum satisfaction out of it,and make e can afford and bear whateva damage or fault that d device might encounter later on...its left to us to make our choices rights.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
babsalux09:

now i guess u av takin back ur words,and u gat some point and acceptin d fact that some of samsung e.t.c products has come to existence with d availability of resources from china..good u av clearified that..but if u say low standard its ur opinion maybe bcoz they avnt come out with a product that will rip u off,well all i av to say is d issue of tecno arising is just like a company comin out to produce a phone like curve 4,bold 3 and bold 5 when d world is already aware of z10,z30 and d rest...also samsung and other big name myt av gotten hype bcoz they prefer to use frigile but attractive materials in d finishin work of their product while tecno chose a less expensiv and cheap to replace material doesnt guaranty durability,wateva product it is,its left to d consumer to derive optimum satisfaction out of it,and make e can afford and bear whateva damage or fault that d device might encounter later on...its left to us to make our choices rights.

That is exactly my point. I never said anything was bad with Chinko tho. They damage easily so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I don't even know if they use gorilla-glass for their screens.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by lakefist(m): 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
pDude:

There is a difference between China made and Chinko. You know this angry angry angry angry angry

And who are you to call me ode

so u knw wetin ODE Mean? lol u funny sha got me laffing.
sori i called u ODE but u sef dey talk straight.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
smartg :
Whether na Samsung or jackpot, abi na Nokia or mafia, whether LG or MD, abi na Sagem or Sack-them, whether SonyEricsson or solar-eclipse, abi na BlackBerry or bad-belle, if u like make e bi Gionee or gonorea. I don't care.
All I Want Is TECNO! TECNO!! TECNO!!!. All I Want Is TECNO!!!!.
What's this retard typing?
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
JideTheBlogger: The price is the koko...

Average Nigerian don't care about specs joor.
Yes. Fortunately. . .I'm not an average Nigerian and I care about specs.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
tonychristopher: BLACK MAN IS FUNNY...CONSUMING AND
CONSUMING...LOOK AT HOW THEY ARE CRAZY
FOR A PHONE PRODUCED BY A FELLOW
HUMAN.WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO
THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLOITS RATHER THAN
CONSUME .... YOU HAVE NIGERIAN PHONES
AND NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT EM. YOU
ARE BUNCH OF DISGRACE. THE BLACK MAN
WILL WANT GOOD PHONES,GOOD CLOTHES
AND PARTY ALL THE WAY WITH HIS
OBNOXIOUS ECONOMIES.
TRAVEL TO WESTERN COUNTRIES ...MOST
PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT CRAZY ABOUT THESE
STUFFS APART FROM CELEBS MAYBE
YOUTHS.ALL YOU NEED IS PHONE THAT CAN
SNAP PICTURE,VIDEO ,RADIO,MAKE BASIC
CALLS AND SMS AND INTERNET.
IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTENTMENT. HOW I WISH
THE BLACK MAN WILL RISE ABOVE THIS. TELL
ME ANY BLACK COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT
IS DEVELOPED AND NOT BEGGING FOR
FUNDS. INSTEAD OF THINKING HOW TO

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
holusormi:

Hehehehe,,ode ni bobo yii sha,,,comparing samsung galaxy note 3 to gionee abi na gioonee,,,bro,do u agree with me that poverty has rubbished and ridiculed ur thinking??....lmfaoooo
Lol. . . .if I was the one. . . .I'd quite Nairaland.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Emelcee: Stories For The Heart
A Very Touching Story....
A poor boy was in love with a rich man's daughter….One day the boy proposed to her and the girl said…”Hey! Listen, your monthly salary is my daily hand expenses..How can I be involved with you..?
How could you have thought of that? I can never love you, so forget about me and get engaged to someone else at your level” But somehow the boy could not forget her so easily…..Some time 10 years later they stumbled into each other in a shopping mall.
The lady again said….,”Hey.. ! You! How are you? Now I’m married and do you know how much my husband’s salary is..? $15,700 per month! Can you beat that?
And he is also very smart” The guy’s eyes got wet with tears on hearing those words from the same lady…
A few seconds later, her husband came around but before the lady could say a word her husband seeing the guy, said……“Sir you’re here and you’ve met my wife..”
Then he said to his wife,”This is my boss, I’m also one of those working on his $100 million project! And do you know a fact my dear? My boss loved a lady but he couldn’t win her heart….
That’s why he has remained unmarried since.
How lucky would that lady have been, if she had married this my boss now?
These days, who would love someone that much?"
He said all these to his wife.The lady looked in total shock but couldn’t utter a word….
————— ————— ————— ——-
Life is so short and it’s just like a mirror.
You can only see as much as it reflects. So don’t be too arrogant or proud by looking down on others because of their current situations.
Things get changed with time just like the weather..! Don’t under estimate anyone because everyone has a great future!
Where you have been rejected before, you will be celebrated soon in Jesus name... Goodmorning dear. @emelcee8
Stupid retard. . . .it never happened and this was copied from Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sike: I need to handle that Gionee first.
Really? But you don't have the money. . . .yet.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
ireneidiva: Neither! I don't do cheap things!

Some retards can lie. . .
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sheggy13:

NL has silly people sha..can't imagine someone will tribalize something as small as a phone.. which one Onitsha boys dey buy cos I don't need to be told before I know your tribe..the chestbeating tribe who in their own eyes are superior to every other humans on earth..Watch it dude, that thing u are smoking ain't good for your health, really making paranoid..I've yet to see an intelligent comment from u on any thread.
Rex Jeezy:
Some retards can lie. . .
Sheggy13:

NL has silly people sha..can't imagine someone will tribalize something as small as a phone.. which one Onitsha boys dey buy cos I don't need to be told before I know your tribe..the chestbeating tribe who in their own eyes are superior to every other humans on earth..Watch it dude, that thing u are smoking ain't good for your health, really making paranoid..I've yet to see an intelligent comment from u on any thread.

lakefist:
You said it all without been bias
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
shizzle11:

Really? Affordability is now a crime right? I am sure if these same "cheap things" were to be selling at ×3 of the current price, you'll gladly buy them cos they are expensive. To people like you, exorbitance equals to quality even when the less exorbitant item has better quality, will outlast and outlive the expensive item. How intelligent......
please carry your loud mouth elsewhere
Right to her face.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
babsalux09:

...u are not a phone developer,so ur layman mentality will always make u think once a phone price is low...then its chinko...shame on u bro.
Brutal finishing.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
Having read all your comments. . . .I feel rather tempted to put my 2cents in(tho' I want to add it to my money and use it to buy Tecno P5). Well. . .to be honest. . . .I think Tecno will thrive and if care is taken. . .it will rule the market in 2014. You cannot deny the fact that Tecno androids can perform most of the functions of other smartphones and for it's cheap price too. Whatever Tecno does. . .it's all part of its economic strategy. . .(the mass/market wants a smartphone for a cheap price. . .well give it to 'em). I don't know much about Gionee. . .but from the looks of it and the comments. . .it's quite an expensive phone. Matter of fact. . .I just got to know something like Gionee existed. And I don't see Tecno phones as Chinko*. If Tecno has come to stay. . .give it the respect it deserves. Note: The only flaws I've noted in Tecno are it's RAM. . .I mean 512MB RAM for an android? That's shitty! Another is its graphics. . .it's a bit poor. . .if not retarded.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by ireneidiva(f): 6:00am On Dec 15, 2013
Rex Jeezy:
Right to her face.
If you like, cry. Thats your biz.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by ireneidiva(f): 6:04am On Dec 15, 2013
shizzle11:

Really? Affordability is now a crime right? I am sure if these same "cheap things" were to be selling at ×3 of the current price, you'll gladly buy them cos they are expensive. To people like you, exorbitance equals to quality even when the less exorbitant item has better quality, will outlast and outlive the expensive item. How intelligent......
please carry your loud mouth elsewhere

I don't do cheap phones. My opinion. Learn to respect people's choices.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Natural1986(m): 6:55am On Dec 15, 2013
Rockyfancino: Gionee of course. see the shape, slickness, with the texture of their case....menn!..gionee for life. eh en... before I forget, gionee is 16 million colours, tecno is 256k colours, with ugly body shape that scratches easily with the screen too.
Besides, @Op check gionee e7, then you'll know gionee is not a China phone again. Gionee e7 is snapdragon 800, and it has two versions... the one of 32GB and 16GB with 3gb and 2gb ram respectively, running at 2.5ghz.
So gionee is just helping the masses with mediatek phones.

Note that gionee e7 is on the same level with Samsung Galaxy note III and is in for a very cheaper price compared to iPhone 5s, Htc's, Nokia lumia, or galaxy notes.
Bro, choose wisely before you pick GALAXY note III , you can still earn that same SWAGGER from gionee e7

please how much is the gionee e7
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2013
ireneidiva:
If you like, cry. Thats your biz.
she's truly a retard. Smh.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by babsalux09(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2013
the main point is that when u complain about tecno 512ram,always no that they are lots of samsung,htc,sony xperia,iphone with 512 ram and are still expensive..here we have a tecno that is just half d price of d same big name android of d same specification...a tecno might not av d quality display like them but we are not colour blind now,and this phones can still run a couple of applications and games,also it does d main function of a simple android phone,why will i buy a galaxy pocket for a huge amount when i have a choice of tecno p5,and mind u this is just a new era for them...more product are yet to come,u want a 16million colour phone?...get tecno s5,but bcoz u wont like is 512ram...then wait for a 1gb ram with 16million colour...else we can go for other product,but bcoz this guys are just coming and havnt givin u a device like s4,s3 doesnt mean they cant produce somethin of such.

Another point is on durability,for i prefer a plastic coverin on d screen rather than glass,bcoz d strength of a plastic when it falls is better than glass,we have since case of damage samsung screen and very expensive to replace,i didnt say a plastic protected screen wont damage but its durability is better than glass,which also make d phone lighter to carry,and thats d case of tecno,but i can advise them to make more of semi-metallic casing for d firmness and rigid protect of d phone,bcoz a plastic covering tends to shatter whenever it falls..but doesnt easily break though.

but all d same,durability depends on how well you can handle.you phone,gorilla glass or not it will still break..but as for tecno and my experience with it,..my major concern is on OTA,..i can change my phone if i'm not satisfied with d network mode,screen size,ram or processor,operating system,camera pixel which are d major backbone, of enjoyin an android phone...i can just switch to a better tecno...i have been a phone freak,and i want my iphone 4 to be d last gadget i squander money,its time to start investin on better thing,not on a gadget that will keep bringin in new development...an tecno is ready to help me save some money with been deprived of my android experience...some phones are at d peak of technology,while some are just startin...and thats d case of tecno..u should only applaud their innovation bcoz its a marvelous work by tecno and its pairs to come out with a android product at such relative cheap price,technology is cheap they always saud,but some choose to make it expensive..now its left to us to be economical or otherwise.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by mrdrizzy(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2013
babsalux09: the main point is that when u complain about tecno 512ram,always no that they are lots of samsung,htc,sony xperia,iphone with 512 ram and are still expensive..here we have a tecno that is just half d price of d same big name android of d same specification...a tecno might not av d quality display like them but we are not colour blind now,and this phones can still run a couple of applications and games,also it does d main function of a simple android phone,why will i buy a galaxy pocket for a huge amount when i have a choice of tecno p5,and mind u this is just a new era for them...more product are yet to come,u want a 16million colour phone?...get tecno s5,but bcoz u wont like is 512ram...then wait for a 1gb ram with 16million colour...else we can go for other product,but bcoz this guys are just coming and havnt givin u a device like s4,s3 doesnt mean they cant produce somethin of such.

Another point is on durability,for i prefer a plastic coverin on d screen rather than glass,bcoz d strength of a plastic when it falls is better than glass,we have since case of damage samsung screen and very expensive to replace,i didnt say a plastic protected screen wont damage but its durability is better than glass,which also make d phone lighter to carry,and thats d case of tecno,but i can advise them to make more of semi-metallic casing for d firmness and rigid protect of d phone,bcoz a plastic covering tends to shatter whenever it falls..but doesnt easily break though.

but all d same,durability depends on how well you can handle.you phone,gorilla glass or not it will still break..but as for tecno and my experience with it,..my major concern is on OTA,..i can change my phone if i'm not satisfied with d network mode,screen size,ram or processor,operating system,camera pixel which are d major backbone, of enjoyin an android phone...i can just switch to a better tecno...i have been a phone freak,and i want my iphone 4 to be d last gadget i squander money,its time to start investin on better thing,not on a gadget that will keep bringin in new development...an tecno is ready to help me save some money with been deprived of my android experience...some phones are at d peak of technology,while some are just startin...and thats d case of tecno..u should only applaud their innovation bcoz its a marvelous work by tecno and its pairs to come out with a android product at such relative cheap price,technology is cheap they always saud,but some choose to make it expensive..now its left to us to be economical or otherwise.
very creative words!.i must admint,total brilliance.ur fone is jst a teporary posession.im nt a tecno nor a gionee user bt i comment dis post.focus ur money elsewhere,phone isnt entirely d main thing!
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by emeraldlife: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Walahi! My eye don open. Make I begin save money.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by RexJeezy: 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
babsalux09: the main point is that when u complain about tecno 512ram,always no that they are lots of samsung,htc,sony xperia,iphone with 512 ram and are still expensive..here we have a tecno that is just half d price of d same big name android of d same specification...a tecno might not av d quality display like them but we are not colour blind now,and this phones can still run a couple of applications and games,also it does d main function of a simple android phone,why will i buy a galaxy pocket for a huge amount when i have a choice of tecno p5,and mind u this is just a new era for them...more product are yet to come,u want a 16million colour phone?...get tecno s5,but bcoz u wont like is 512ram...then wait for a 1gb ram with 16million colour...else we can go for other product,but bcoz this guys are just coming and havnt givin u a device like s4,s3 doesnt mean they cant produce somethin of such.

Give this man a medal.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Rockyfancino(m): 12:37am On Dec 16, 2013
[quote author=Rex Jeezy]Having read all your comments. . . .I feel rather tempted to put my 2cents in(tho' I want to add it to my money and use it to buy Tecno P5). Well. . .to be honest. . . .I think Tecno will thrive and if care is taken. . .it will rule the market in 2014. You cannot deny the fact that Tecno androids can perform most of the functions of other smartphones and for it's cheap price too. Whatever Tecno does. . .it's all part of its economic strategy. . .(the mass/market wants a smartphone f[/quotes]
have u forgotten the speaker
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Innoxxacs: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please guys does tecno phones last long? Are they truely durable? Please from users aspect and point of view. Thanks for your response.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by destino24(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
ireneidiva:
I don't do cheap phones. My opinion. Learn to respect people's choices.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by Mustack: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
considering the fact, unfinix, gionee etc are diff from tecno.. Tecno's main market is Africa.. Moreover tecno is a dual sim capability, long lasting battery with addition of power bank that will help you all the day without running after i pass my neighbour generator... My only concern is that of OTA (over the air).. Gionee latest version is arrond #80,000 when i can get tecno AIII at affordable prices (48,000).. Tecno is learning from our comments.. I bet you sooner they'll come up with OTA... my ppl tecno all the way.... PHANTOM AIII AM COMMING FOR You COME JENUARY.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by dirkargyle: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Yeah I believe so. Thanks. You can visit my site here

miracle4:
Chinese brands of android phones such as Itel, Tecno, Gionee and Infinix seems to have taken over Africa and other 3rd world countries. In Nigeria alone, it is either tecno or gionee when it comes to debate on which low-end android phone to go for.

I have witnessed countless number of dismal remarks by users of the African most populous forum (nairaland) on threads relating to reviews of one tecno smart phone or the other. This is unconnected with the frequency at which new model of tecno devices are launched with little or no difference in their specs.

So far, Tecno Phantom A1 from my point of view, has been their most successful device till date, everyone seems to be satisfied with the features it was saddled with, When we reviewed the tecno n7 device here comparing it with Gionee infinity and Infinix X450, it got the highest number of comments ‘cos users were eager to find out more about their favorite smartphones.

Today as 2013 draws closer to the finish, we decided to look into how this two Chinese mobile phone giants will fair in Nigeria come 2014. I will pick up three random phones from each in no particular order for a quick review, this is for some of us that hasn’t been following the trend lately.

Source.
Re: Tecno Or Gionee: Which Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2014? by jencloud: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
I like Gionee. It is better than the first. I think chinese brand is good. But I don't like cheap phones also. I also blog here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The MTN Enhanced Goodybag: Call All Networks At 10k/s / Check Out The Reason For Clearing Cache As Well As Data On Android? / Rude Airtel Customer-Service Staff In Makurdi, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.