Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? (3463 Views)

My Weekend "Gift" To The Good People Of NL Politics Section / Death Of Shekau: Misplaced Priorities On NL Politics Section / I Declare War On The Partisan And Biased Moderators On NL Politics Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by PaulJohn1: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
OAM4J:

Seun, havent we had enough drama to last us a month with Sexkillz's issue? Why creating a new one?

You know very well, you are the one who posted the thread OP is complaining about on home page, same with the joke thread a poster made about what Ngige told him after losing election yet you are openly blaming Mukina2 here.

Are you tired of your mods or you need an holiday yourself?

Posted before seeing this. Thanks @OAM4J
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

What is going on here?
End of the year drama! Its always like this towards every end of the year. Jarus's drama was last year. Don't be surprised! We are playing the game along.

cool cool

So it was Seun who moved that silly thread joke about Ngige to front page. If he does something silly,he blames it on his mods. Smh
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Emperor007: 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Seun: I agree with you, but mukina2 continues to insist that she is not biased.

^^^

Then use your God given senses, wisdom and intelligence to evaluate what people have been complaining about, and take action.

That is the only way you can prove to us that you're not biased, else you're a party to the rubbish being done.

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kairoseki77: Sincere9gerian you must be high on cheap drugs.

You have been on the Front Page more than any other person I have seen on this website. I vaguely remember reading a thread where you commented that your threads had been on the front page over 100 times.

Now you are here complaining about bias!

You are insane.
In the last few months, I have been systematically schemed out of the front page. In fact, in the last 3-4 months, only 2 of my threads have made front page and this two only made front page recently and they were bought on ASUU strike. Now compare with the first few months that I joined the forum, then on the average, 3 of my threads per week made front page.

But I am not complaining about that because that is not my problem. In fact, I cant remember the last time I made request for any of my threads to make front page. If my threads make front page, fine, if it doesn't good.

Sincerely, if the thread in question was confirmed or atleast backed with credible source, I wouldn't have bothered

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nogen:

Shut it pls. I am sick and tired of hearing such trash about Igbos. The more the likes of you hate and vomit trash, the more sensitized we become. I am not tribalistic but gradually, the likes of you are turning me to one. In Ibadan, where my lil sister is serving presently , your towns people are making her life miserable just because she's not Yoruba. Yet, your people serve in Igbo land and they are well taken care of. At the offices, we suffer the same, what is it sef.
Starting moving away from your people because you are so filled with bitterness and envy against people who did not offend you.

Do you see?

Think honestly. Think very long and very hard.

Is there anytime that you have seen tribalism referred to on this website that doesn't somehow involve Igbos? I have never seen Yorubas bashing people from Middle Belt, or Middle Belt bashing SS, or SW bashing North, etc, etc. There is only one region that seems to produce so much ethnic hatred and call people who practice different religions "abokis"

Igbos are welcome everywhere in the SW. That is a fact. I know it, and you know it. The SW has more immigrants (from around the world even) than any other. We all live in peace and harmony. But as soon as you come online, Igbos are calling us dirty names and spitting on us. This is a very recent phenomenon that started because some politicians wanted to play cheap tribal politics to win elections. Most obviously, people like Peter Obi who started the whole 'deportation' saga.

Just ignore the people on this site. They are hateful trolls who will try to turn you against the rest of the country for their own selfish reasons.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by IGBOSON1: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
donphilopus: Why should that crap make FP?? Is there any proof that he bought the cars?? I can come out and tell you, that I watched AIT when Doyin Okupe said that !

^^^Not good enough! If there's no verifiable source/link then the OP should have waited till one was available b/4 rushing to make a new thread on it.......to start new thread no be by force!

I could just as well claim i saw Fashola and Tinubu raiding the Lagos state treasury last night, and go on to create a new thread about it and demand that it's moved to the front page!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by plaindealer: 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
berem: End of the year drama! Its always like this towards every end of the year. Jarus's drama was last year. Don't be surprised! We are playing the game along.

cool cool

I see....lol.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You seem to be seeing and unseeing many things these days. What is wrong with you? Are you approaching menopause?
no I am not approaching menopause. I still have plans for more kids. Don't wish me such if you're a good friend of mine. wink cheesy
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by nduchucks: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
OAM4J:

Seun, havent we had enough drama to last us a month with Sexkillz's issue? Why creating a new one?

You know very well, you are the one who posted the thread OP is complaining about on home page, same with the joke thread a poster made about what Ngige told him after losing election yet you are openly blaming Mukina2 here.

OAM4J, In fairness, Seun did not blame Mukina2 for placing the Okupe thread on the FP. Seun was responding to a post by VICTORCIZA, and that post was complaining about front page items generally, and not specifically the Okupe's dumb thread. Mukina was mentioned, I think, because she is primarily responsible for FP material.

Biko, lock this thread or send it to the trash can. One trauma a day is enough. cheesy
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Tolexander: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
OAM4J:

seun definitely needs spiritual help today!

I will rather advise him not to make any comment at all today in order not to aggravate the problems.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by andresia(m): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
berem: no I am not approaching menopause. I still have plans for more kids. Don't wish me such if you're a good friend of mine. wink cheesy

Is Sin.9gerian your good friend? oh, I see
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by plaindealer: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sounds like they are playing good cop, bad cop. They are against tribalism, but at the same time, they bait and encourage people to do it with the threads they post on the main page.

This is some sick and demented game...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
So if Seun posted the joke thread about Ngige AND he posted the thread about Mandela, how can we be talking of bias?

One hurts APC the other hurts PDP.

The only thing those two threads have in common is that they help this website generate traffic. Which is the only bias Seun should have since that is his job. Maybe some of you should stop taking the FP so personally.

By the way, I have since heard from two people that Okupe DID say this on AIT.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Tolexander: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
berem: End of the year drama! Its always like this towards every end of the year. Jarus's drama was last year. Don't be surprised! We are playing the game along.

cool cool

So it was Seun who moved that silly thread joke about Ngige to front page. If he does something silly,he blames it on his mods. Smh
ya right!

Hall of fame and hall of shame
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
In the last few months, I have been systematically schemed out of the front page. In fact, in the last 3-4 months, only 2 of my threads have made front page and this two only made front page recently and they were bought on ASUU strike. Now compare with the first few months that I joined the forum, then on the average, 3 of my threads per week made front page.

But I am not complaining about that because that is not my problem. In fact, I cant remember the last time I made request for any of my threads to make front page. If my threads make front page, fine, if it doesn't good.

Sincerely, if the thread in question was confirmed or atleast backed with credible source, I wouldn't have bothered

So you have been on the front page over 100 times, but today they are biased because you have "only" been on the FP twice in the past 3-4 months!

Spoiled kid. grin

See how many people dance alingo because they get simple first comment. You are complaining with over 100 front page threads in one 365 day year.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2013
berem: no I am not approaching menopause. I still have plans for more kids. Don't wish me such if you're a good friend of mine. wink cheesy
You know I'm your number one friend on NL. We dont agree most of the time but we'r still friends.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by DahomeyAmazon(f): 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
taharqa: Then those 'supermods' must be a group of fuccktards, esp lately..... Anyways, nothing spoiled. I am becoming less and less interested in NL; Unfortunately...
Who is this untamed cannibal, you think this is your village circumcision party? What your words.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dahomey Amazon:
Who is this untamed cannibal, you think this is your village circumcision party? What your words.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I need a glass of water. The people on this website are too creative.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kairoseki77:

So you have been on the front page over 100 times, but today they are biased because you have "only" been on the FP twice in the past 3-4 months!

Spoiled kid. grin

See how many people dance alingo because they get simple first comment. You are complaining with over 100 front page threads in one 365 day year.
This thread is not about me. Read the OP once again and the comments made by other people who also perceive some bias tendencies of recent.

By the way, I dont think I have up to 100 threads that have made front page.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Olugbenger(m): 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
I see trouble brewing here. . .
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This thread is not about me. Read the OP once again and the comments made by other people who also perceive some bias tendencies of recent.

By the way, I dont think I have up to 100 threads that have made front page.

I agree with you in a way. I saw the OPPOSITE of what you see however. I saw bias against the SW, APC, and Yorubas in general.

However, after taking a break from NL I realized where the bias came from. It is not from Seun, or Sexkillz, or anyone on this website. It comes directly from our politicians.

This whole thing started with Boko Haram and got worse with the deportation saga. Smart policitians started tribalizing those two issues for personal gain.

First it was that Boko Haram was unfairly targeting Igbos living in the North. (We now know that they were focusing mainly on the indigenous Christian minorities and even on moderate Muslims)

Second was that LASG's deportations were unfairly targeting Igbos. (We of course know that people from every corner of the country were deported and that it had nothing to do with tribe.)

The tribalization of those two issues bred the FFK/Bianca saga, then the fantasy that APC is a Northern party (when Boko Haram was the main concern) and now the fantasy that APC is a Yoruba party (now that "deportation" is the main concern), etc, etc. Basically every major tribal problem we have had over the past few months has come from the way politicians have tribalized the problems in our country.

Living in the SW, I had to shine my eyes and remember that NO ONE in the SW cares about tribe. I see Igbo and Yoruba couples all over the place. Families with Christians and Muslims all over. People living and working together everywhere without any concern for tribe or religion.

It is only because some politicians desperately need the Igbo vote that they are causing so much tension in this country. In the US, political parties cause racial tension to secure votes as well. It is sad, but Seun is not to blame.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

OAM4J, In fairness, Seun did not blame Mukina2 for placing the Okupe thread on the FP. Seun was responding to a post by VICTORCIZA, and that post was complaining about front page items generally, and not specifically the Okupe's dumb thread. Mukina was mentioned, I think, because she is primarily responsible for FP material.

Biko, lock this thread or send it to the trash can. One trauma a day is enough. cheesy
The observation by Seun and OAM4J could have been made behind the scene/privately.

Its not only about the thread in question, but its about a trend towards pro-APC.

All we demand is fairness, nothing more. If unconfirmed reports about the president are moved to the front page to generate traffic, then the same should apply to other politicians too. If that is done, no wahala. But if we see a trend towards anti-GEJ on this forum, we have every right to raise alarm.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by nduchucks: 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The observation by Seun and OAM4J could have been made behind the scene/privately.

Its not only about the thread in question, but its about a trend towards pro-APC.

All we demand is fairness, nothing more. If unconfirmed reports about the president are moved to the front page to generate traffic, then the same should apply to other politicians too. If that is done, no wahala. But if we see a trend towards anti-GEJ on this forum, we have every right to raise alarm.

I agree with you on the bolded above. There may be more to that than meets the eyes.

I am not convinced that there is any trend towards pro-APC as far as FP material is concerned. Mukina2 who is responsible for placing 90% of the threads on the FP is not even a Nigerian and does not carry the weight of tribal and political bias of many Nigerians. There are avenues for suggesting threads for the FP, which you, I, and several other NLers have used to make requests, and many of our requests have been met, regardless of whether the posts are Pro-APC , Pro-PDP, or Pro-Any other political party.

As far as the Okupe thread which is the subject of this thread is concerned, I don't see anything wrong with its presense on the FP. Many people heard the statement attributed to Okupe on the TV and have so stated.

The thread will soon die a natural death, so lets not sweat it.

Eze NL Gburugburu, I see you watching, kedu ije, nwanne m? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Olugbenger(m): 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

What is going on here?

Hope you know sexkillz is gone and not coming back?

More drama unfolding. . .happens at end of every year. cheesy
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Kairoseki77: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I agree with you on the bolded above. There may be more to that than meets the eyes.

I am not convinced that there is any trend towards pro-APC as far as FP material is concerned. Mukina2 who is responsible for placing 90% of the threads on the FP is not even a Nigerian and does not carry the weight of tribal and political bias of many Nigerians. There are avenues for suggesting threads for the FP, which you, I, and several other NLers have used to make requests, and many of our requests have been met, regardless of whether the posts are Pro-APC , Pro-PDP, or Pro-Any other political party.

As far as the Okupe thread which is the subject of this thread is concerned, I don't see anything wrong with its presense on the FP. Many people heard the statement attributed to Okupe on the TV and have so stated.

The thread will soon die a natural death, so lets not sweat it.

This, of course, is a great point.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian, this is not the first time a thread will be created with source from a TV, radio or eyewitness' view. The more you keep running your mouth on this the more that which you avoid and try to end hunts i.e the bashing of the President and Doyin Okupe on the President being the Mandela of Nigeria.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You keep going on as if this President is yours alone! Who the hell do you think you are to brand people who doesn't share your views as haters? Such arrogance.
Being the President of any country is not a tea party. If your boss cannot take criticism, he should pack his bags and go back home.
You are here complaining of your posts not getting on the front page! Why don't you create your own website where all your posts will be on the front page?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by dapachez: 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Last week just the way you came online and informed us that ASUU chairman refused to come for a debate on channels tv and as you put it later why should he not be reachable? You ended uip saying he fled. Let's face issues the way they are and stop dragging issues that aint in context into scenarios like this. Doyin okupe said jonathan is like mandela T or F? I didn't watch it and I haven't seen a source myself. Then what has fashola buying cars got to do with it or you delibrately ignored the thread where e_guirella(hope the spelling right) punctured a particular picture that was used as evidence. The picture was taken from a british survillance site. The picture of the two range river jeeps on a truck. I just don't know why we all just can't get along on this forum
Sincere 9gerian:
Why not provide a credible link to the story and clear all doubts? I have done my search without success. Even the worst of them all, Sahara Reporters, which has been searching the whole world with their electronic microscope, looking for things to ridicule the president with, have no such report. And if there was any credible link, why wasn't it provided on the thread in question? Did the super-mods see the credible link before shipping the thread to the front page?

And by way, the only thing I've been accused of is changing of headlines and nothing more. I dont distort the content of reports. But sometimes I change headlines just to make them more fanciful and attractive.
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by plaindealer: 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Olugbenger:

Hope you know sexkillz is gone and not coming back?

More drama unfolding. . .happens at end of every year. cheesy

He shouldn't have been made a mod to start with...

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I agree with you in a way. I saw the OPPOSITE of what you see however. I saw bias against the SW, APC, and Yorubas in general.

However, after taking a break from NL I realized where the bias came from. It is not from Seun, or Sexkillz, or anyone on this website. It comes directly from our politicians.

This whole thing started with Boko Haram and got worse with the deportation saga. Smart policitians started tribalizing those two issues for personal gain.

First it was that Boko Haram was unfairly targeting Igbos living in the North. (We now know that they were focusing mainly on the indigenous Christian minorities and even on moderate Muslims)

Second was that LASG's deportations were unfairly targeting Igbos. (We of course know that people from every corner of the country were deported and that it had nothing to do with tribe.)

The tribalization of those two issues bred the FFK/Bianca saga, then the fantasy that APC is a Northern party (when Boko Haram was the main concern) and now the fantasy that APC is a Yoruba party (now that "deportation" is the main concern), etc, etc. Basically every major tribal problem we have had over the past few months has come from the way politicians have tribalized the problems in our country.

Living in the SW, I had to shine my eyes and remember that NO ONE in the SW cares about tribe. I see Igbo and Yoruba couples all over the place. Families with Christians and Muslims all over. People living and working together everywhere without any concern for tribe or religion.

It is only because some politicians desperately need the Igbo vote that they are causing so much tension in this country. In the US, political parties cause racial tension to secure votes as well. It is sad, but Seun is not to blame.

GBAM!
Re: What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? by Ngwakwe: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
You think it's the Easterners that go about insulting the President all over the print and social media?

When you are confused and insecure, invoke emotions and cry to stupor for having an articulate competitor that happens to be an Easterner.

Kairoseki77: Igbos must make everything tribal.

It's not enough that this website has been ruined with ethnic bigots like Afam and Sexkillz promoting tribalism at every opportunity. Now you want to destroy the rest of the website?

Think for 5 seconds. EVERYTIME we hear about tribalism on this website it involves Igbos.

Igbos vs Hausa
Igbos vs Yoruba
Igbos vs everyone

When will you stop attacking others and relax yourself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Kumuyi Storms Port Harcourt With Koboko! / Even Boko Haram Are Afraid Of Buhari / Why Is No One Talking About Tambuwal's Latest Trickery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.