Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,051 members, 7,866,966 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

If You Were Raped, How Much Money Would You Require To Marry The Rapist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were Raped, How Much Money Would You Require To Marry The Rapist? (783 Views)

Oyedepo's Daughter To Marry His Personal Assistant / Yahweh: Babes Raped Forced To Marry The Rapist? / Must He Marry The Girl He Impregnated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Raped, How Much Money Would You Require To Marry The Rapist? by huxley(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2008
Turn your bible to Deut 22:

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her,
24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered,
29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

If you were the victim of rape, would you want to marry your attacker and stay with him for the rest of his life?

If you were a parent, would you accepts money from the rapist of your daughter?

Would you stone a victim of rape to death?

How do the above compare with the way victims of rape are treated in enlightened societies today?
As bad as it is, in which tradition (biblical or modern) would you have been treated better as a victim of rape?
Is the bible a good book?

Can I remind all poster of what Jesus said in Matthew 5: 17-22 "I do not come to abolish the law, but to fulfil it . . . ". When Jesus made references to "the scriptures", what documents was he refering to, given the New Testament did not exist at the time. Please, posters, in answering my questions, keep in mind these two reference questions.

Many thanks
Re: If You Were Raped, How Much Money Would You Require To Marry The Rapist? by olabowale(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2008
@Huxley: I can see you becoming a Muslim, someday. I hope you and i can talk about your days of disbelief, then, as a reminder how long you have come. You can email me eqeedahfirts@yahoo.com
Re: If You Were Raped, How Much Money Would You Require To Marry The Rapist? by GODLOVES1: 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
Huxley

Verse 23 does not have to do with a rape victim, but with a woman who allowed her Virginity to be taken away from, Not a rape victim.
Read the verses once more and you'll see what I mean

In verse 23 the man does not force her, the woman let herself be taken. She did nothing against it.

P.S I hope you accept Christ as your Savior

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity A Monotheism? / Threat Of Expulsion For Praying On Campus! / Can Anyone Help ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.