Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling (1632 Views)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by MzLakore(f): 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
It has actually come to my notice by most immediate sibling tends to rude to their older ones especially the ones that you are year older than. How do you cope with a sibling like that and make them respect you has expected..pls share your views
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by drollster(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
I just ignore him. Rude, immature , selfish and totally self centered. But I pray for him sha.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Carsonv(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2013
You should get used to that. It's only family that's permitted to act that way to you and go scot free.

Remember, they don't do it cos they hate you but they look up to you and wish they were like you. It's disguised admiration.

When u understand it this way, you won't have problems with your siblings.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Suzie0(f): 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
Carsonv: You should get used to that. It's only family that's permitted to act that way to you and go scot free.

Remember, they don't do it cos they hate you but they look up to you and wish they were like you. It's disguised admiration.

well said! I totally agree with you.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by slimyem: 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
He had surbodination issues when we were younger and I showed him pepper too- emi egbon ti o gba nonsense cool but we are both over that now. Maturity happened to us both.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 08, 2013
I see him like a friend rather than a brother!
The truth is I don't even av tym for all dt crappy respect thingy!

But we beat each other wellu wellu when we were growing sha oo undecided embarassed grin
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by drollster(m): 4:11am On Dec 08, 2013
Carsonv: You should get used to that. It's only family that's permitted to act that way to you and go scot free.

Not when he does it to everybody. And yet demands respect from younger ones.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Carsonv(m): 5:23am On Dec 08, 2013
If you put it to heart, you might just ruin a better future relationship. You're the senior, you should take the initiative.

Have you noticed that most adult siblings who have a strained relationship now is mostly because of something that happened during growing up.

If it'd make you more relaxed, if you're really pissed off just address the misbehavior and forgive immediately...like it never happened!

As I said earlier, only family has the freedom to disrespect you n go free.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by dayokanu(m): 5:43am On Dec 08, 2013
This is common when the elder is female and the immediate younger is male

The Younger male think he is stronger
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Carsonv(m): 6:41am On Dec 08, 2013
dayokanu: This is common when the elder is female and the immediate younger is male

Lol...not always so. My younger sister never one day believed I could beat her. Back then she'd brag to ears that were ready to listen that she beats me at home. Lol. That was because I had(still do) so much luv for her n never laid hands on her during fights(just block her random hand flings).

But when maturity set in, she realized how much I loved her. Now she adores me like a hero.

Now what if I took to provocation every childishness she puts up cos dat Gurl used to be annoying? We would have just bn tolerating each other now.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by slimyem: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2013
dayokanu: This is common when the elder is female and the immediate younger is male

True!!
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by MzLakore(f): 8:05am On Dec 08, 2013
drollster:

Not when he does it to everybody. And yet demands respect from younger ones.
aw do u deal wif a person like dat
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2013
Thannk God i dont come from a family that has no respect for their snr ones.i respect my older ones and my younger ones respect me.it was our last born that tended to be rude and saucy during his teen years and i showed him pepper till he changed.
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by dahmie2013: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2013
See me see wahala, I'm d first of 4&myself & my younger sis who is d 3rd had dis misunderstding in a public transport 4rm church. I bought drinks 4 us & wen u buy dem, one is suppose 2 first slightly open so it doesn't pour on d floor cos of too much shaking. D first time she opened hastily&d drink poured, I corrected, second time, same I corrected 3rd I got angry & shouted @ her. See d arg below;
Me:Ohhhhhhh why do u keep doing dis
B: D drink didn't pour nwwww
Me: I saw it pour on d floor
B: This is a bus
Me: It doesn't matter u don't have 2 dirty d environment
B: It is a bus&d bus driver isn't complaining
Me: It doesn't mean u have 2 be unreasonable
B: Stop shouting @ me
Me: Am I shouting
B: Correct & stop shouting @ me I 'll not drink again. #throws d drink 2 my laps#
Me: What's ur problem, I'm only asking u 2 think & u're not. U must be stupid #throws it away&hits d second born#
B: I'm not
Me: U are cos u're acting like one
B: U're d one acting like one& I can use my money 2 buy it
Me: Who gave u d money
B: I'm not d last born dat u can be talking 2 nyhw. #throws the snacks I bought also @ me#
Me: I'll slap u&nothing will happen, u must be very stupid#throws it away&hits d second born again#
B: U're stupid&if u slap me l'll slap u back. I'm not d last born dat U can be talking 2 nyhw
Me: What makes u different, are u my mate either, u see u're not thinking.
B: U're not thinking 2 #mumurs#
Me: #Ignores#

All dese while, d second born&oda membs of d bus were trying 2 stop d arg. Imagine all d abuses on top my sweat again. 2 bad!
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
dahmie2013: See me see wahala, I'm d first of 4&myself & my younger sis who is d 3rd had dis misunderstding in a public transport 4rm church. I bought drinks 4 us & wen u buy dem, one is suppose 2 first slightly open so it doesn't pour on d floor cos of too much shaking. D first time she opened hastily&d drink poured, I corrected, second time, same I corrected 3rd I got angry & shouted @ her. See d arg below;
Me:Ohhhhhhh why do u keep doing dis
B: D drink didn't pour nwwww
Me: I saw it pour on d floor
B: This is a bus
Me: It doesn't matter u don't have 2 dirty d environment
B: It is a bus&d bus driver isn't complaining
Me: It doesn't mean u have 2 be unreasonable
B: Stop shouting @ me
Me: Am I shouting
B: Correct & stop shouting @ me I 'll not drink again. #throws d drink 2 my laps#
Me: What's ur problem, I'm only asking u 2 think & u're not. U must be stupid #throws it away&hits d second born#
B: I'm not
Me: U are cos u're acting like one
B: U're d one acting like one& I can use my money 2 buy it
Me: Who gave u d money
B: I'm not d last born dat u can be talking 2 nyhw. #throws the snacks I bought also @ me#
Me: I'll slap u&nothing will happen, u must be very stupid#throws it away&hits d second born again#
B: U're stupid&if u slap me l'll slap u back. I'm not d last born dat U can be talking 2 nyhw
Me: What makes u different, are u my mate either, u see u're not thinking.
B: U're not thinking 2 #mumurs#
Me: #Ignores#

All dese while, d second born&oda membs of d bus were trying 2 stop d arg. Imagine all d abuses on top my sweat again. 2 bad!
lol,to me i think you didnt handle the issue well,there is nothing wrong in correcting your younger one but maybe you did it in a way that attracted attention or embarassed her,if that was the case,its natural for her to revolt.you dont need to tell her to think thereby making her feel less of a human being,if i was in your shoes and i correct her once and she does it again,snatch the thing from her hand in a way that wont attract attention and show her gently,then say can you see what i did,smile over it and tease her,e.g see your head,agbaya,you cant even do anything without abasha,is that how you will behave if it was your boyfriend that took you out.that way you have corrected her without messing with her self esteem.infact that is what ill do if i had a kid sis who did that.

Then again maybe because you rebuked her in the presence of her younger one,no one likes that,shouting at your younger sibling in the presence of another younger one.

Another way you could have handled it was to let her do what she wanted to do without threatening to slap her ( i dont subscribe to threatening anyone with violence publicly or privately) depending on her age,i dont know but you dont treat a young adult like you are talking to a 5 year old.she has a mind of her own too.anyway after she did all her yamayama and you got down from the bus,you should have told her (without the younger one knowing) that do you know i dont like what you did or the way you did this this and this,then she will apologize.

I could threaten my kid bro with cane or slaps when he was under 9 year old but starting from 10 i used verbal lashing however not in the presence of his younger one.

You are a big bro,not a competitor with your younger siblings.use force (not violence) when necessary and use communication when necessary

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Debbieo(f): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
well I bless GOD for my siblings our parents raised us so well, that we were tot to b respectful to our elders. from our childhood. so far ,my younger ones has been a blessing and we are best of friends (3 cute sisters) with four years gap each . kiss kiss kiss[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Kanwulia: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hmmmm! As the older sibling. . . YOU CAN NEVER STOOP TO THEIR LEVELS!!! kiss
They will push you once in a while. . . .WALKING AWAY FROM CONFRONTATIONS WITH LOVED ONES is not a sign of weakness! kiss
I don't go there with my SIBLINGS OR HUSBAND OR THAT MY LOVING BOYFRIEND!!! cool
If I love you. . . I WILL ALWAYS WALK AWAY. . . UNLESS I HATE YOU. . . .THEN I MAKE SURE I KILL YOU FIRST! kiss

With my family members. . . I have learned to be:

As careful as SOLDIER
As patient as a VULTURE
As peaceful as a DOVE
As wise as a SERPENT
As deaf as GOODLUCK JONATHAN. . . cheesy
As dumb as a POST
As blind as a BAT
As gentle, humble and meek as a LAMB
As dead as DOOR-NAILS

MOST IMPORTANTLY BY [size=20pt]MY[/size] MOST AMAZING LOVE, GRACE AND MERCY!!!

I am the oldest(with only 5 years between us all) . . . so I have to YIELD always. . . and let them DIE FIRST WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE like them PAPA!!!! kiss

If dem gang up against you ehn? SWEEEEEICIDE go better pass you! Kai!!! cheesy

Walahi-Talahi. . . I FOR DON KILL ALLADEM! angry
YOU CAN NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVER WIN ANY ARGUMENT WITH ANNNNNNNNNNNNY OF THEM. . . lai-lai!!!! grin
Na die you see so! JUST WAKA!!!! kiss

If I open my mouth. . . .I LIVE TO REGRET IT. . . I refuse to let them take me there. I am waaaaaaaaay past that phase! kiss

I love it when the say I 'have changed'. . . . Little do they know that I am trying to OUTLIVE THEM!

Mu he he he he he

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kanwulia: Hmmmm! As the older sibling. . . YOU CAN NEVER STOOP TO THEIR LEVELS!!! kiss
They will push you once in a while. . . .WALKING AWAY FROM CONFRONTATIONS WITH LOVED ONES is not a sign of weakness! kiss
I don't go there with my SIBLINGS OR HUSBAND OR THAT MY LOVING BOYFRIEND!!! cool
If I love you. . . I WILL ALWAYS WALK AWAY. . . UNLESS I HATE YOU. . . .THEN I MAKE SURE I KILL YOU FIRST! kiss

With my family members. . . I have learned to be:

As careful as SOLDIER
As patient as a VULTURE
As peaceful as a DOVE
As wise as a SERPENT
As deaf as GOODLUCK JONATHAN. . . cheesy
As dumb as a POST
As blind as a BAT
As gentle, humble and meek as a LAMB
As dead as DOOR-NAILS

MOST IMPORTANTLY BY [size=20pt]MY[/size] MOST AMAZING LOVE, GRACE AND MERCY!!!

I am the oldest(with only 5 years between us all) . . . so I have to YIELD always. . . and let them DIE FIRST WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE like them PAPA!!!! kiss

If dem gang up against you ehn? SWEEEEEICIDE go better pass you! Kai!!! cheesy

Walahi-Talahi. . . I FOR DON KILL ALLADEM! angry
YOU CAN NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVER WIN ANY ARGUMENT WITH ANNNNNNNNNNNNY OF THEM. . . lai-lai!!!! grin
Na die you see so! JUST WAKA!!!! kiss

If I open my mouth. . . .I LIVE TO REGRET IT. . . I refuse to let them take me there. I am waaaaaaaaay past that phase! kiss

I love it when the say I 'have changed'. . . . Little do they know that I am trying to OUTLIVE THEM!

Mu he he he he he
gringringringrin you will not kill me gringringrin
Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by dahmie2013: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Kulyie thanks!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With Your Immediate Sibling by Cutehector(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Just buy him or her things. He or she wil respect u

(1) (Reply)

Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed / Why Do Underage Children Learn Karate These Days? (photo) / I Am Fed Up With My Wife's Shouting And Emabarrasing Character,what Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.