Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? (2009 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by mumumugu(m): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2013
Today, many churches encourage hugging or cheeks kissing as a form of welcome or greeting to newcomers or even old timers. It is a practice that has been enforced and re-enforced over and over again so that if one go to a church a woman, choose not to hug a brother in the Lord, then she is branded as “not having any Christian love o.”

In a church that encourages lots of hugging and cheek kissing between church members, one who withdraws from this form of greeting is almost ostracized. One brother in a church told a lady ,

“well, in this church, if you don’t like to hug, we are going to have a problem.” At another church, the pastor called a ladu out and said to her “in this church, we hug and cheek kiss to greet each other. And that is why we have so many kids. You need to learn our cultural practice and we will teach you how.” This is after she had refused to greet him with a hug.

What he was really saying to her was that “if you want to come to my church, you have to let me hug your body
the awkward moment when you are beside your patner and a brother gives you a tight 360' hug fot over ten sec and wouldnt let go. Your patner looks suspiciously

How should men hug women when greeting in church fellowships; what does the Bible say about this?

Should men and women hug during 'greet' the one
beside you in Church? How do you feel ? Do you
feel uncomfortable? Have you had any unpleasant
experience from this?
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by ceo4eva: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2013
I'll be back
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by ITbomb(m): 7:03am On Dec 08, 2013
Way to go
If u start lip kissing in ur church , I will start Mouth Gig in mine
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by dimexilux(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2013
nawa oh! end time kiss
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Oyinprince(m): 7:15am On Dec 08, 2013
OP, 4 ur church dem dey kiss? I doubt.Btw, in d old days n in sum oda parts of d country,kissin on d cheek or hand/palm was/is a kinda normal greetin,even apostle paul sed "SALUTE 1 ANODA WITH A HOLY KISS*,bt rite nw d hearts of pple is wats wrong
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Oyinprince(m): 7:18am On Dec 08, 2013
Well hugging is not wrong, it can be a form of greeting. But it's wrong wen u doin it to fulfil ur lustful desires *My thoughts o*

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by johnshagb(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2013
Greet one another with a HOLY kiss. All the
churches of Christ send greetings.(romans16:16)

Whether a hug or a kiss, if it's not holy you should know.
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Hackerjay(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2013
john_shagb: Greet one another with a HOLY kiss. All the
churches of Christ send greetings.(romans16:16)

Whether a hug or a kiss, if it's not holy you should know.
holy kiss,Holy hug...how?i don't get you
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Lips kissing ke? There is no way you can lips kiss someone without silly thoughts running through your mind. A peck would do abeg. As for the hug, a side hug is always there. Don't expect me to give a Christian brother a bear hug.
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by larrymoore(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2013
Christianity is not a religion but a social set of pple that accept any form of doctrines that will contribute meaningfully to its population.
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by adesiku(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2013
For me,I dnt think dats right thing 2 do a church, if a guy hugs a lady with big boob,the guy wil be feelin somtin he shldnt be feelin and temptation myt set in...I guess handshake is the very much welcome...dats my opinion though
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by SalC: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2013
The holy kiss which the apostles encouraged was later abolished since it is gradually becoming carnal.

It. Went from kiss to hug to hand shake which is still popularly done in churches today.

I don't know how it is done in your church today but personally I think a handshake will do.
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by KillMoves: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2013
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Oyinprince(m): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2013
Sal C: The holy kiss which the apostles encouraged was later abolished since it is gradually becoming carnal.
cheesy abolished by who?? I agree wit u tho, a handshake wuld do
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by SalC: 9:16am On Dec 08, 2013
Oyinprince: cheesy abolished by who?? I agree wit u tho, a handshake wuld do
I don't have the strength to type much now, you can google the holy kiss.
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by Oyinprince(m): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2013
Sal C: I don't have the strength to type much now, you can google the holy kiss.
i dont tink d ansa nids to be long, the question is "who abolished it? "
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by greatgod2012(f): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2013
Why lip-kissing in the church, when the person involved is not your spouse. Anything apart from pecking, handshaking in the church isn't allowed, and also hugging between the same gender, with right intention sha o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by pickabeau1: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2013
which church is this...

#LookingforNewChurch
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by greatgod2012(f): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
pickabeau1: which church is this...

#LookingforNewChurch

where you can be lip-kissing and hugging, abi?
God dey see una.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by pickabeau1: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

where you can be lip-kissing and hugging, abi?
God dey see una.

My heart is pure grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Hug And peck In Church? by mumumugu(m): 10:43am On Mar 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Engage In Money Lending Business ( Usury) / Why Should We Study The Bible? / Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.