Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) (4062 Views)

Any African Who Accepts Foreign Religion, Christianity Or Islam Is A Traitor ? / Is Euthanasia A Sin ??? / Is Religion (christianity/islam) A Blessing Or A Curse To Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2013
What is Euthanasia?
What is euthanasia
and what are the arguments for it?
Is it legal?
Is it moral?
These are some of the common questions people have about euthanasia.

Definition of euthanasia:
Euthanasia, sometimes known as"mercy-killing," is the intentional ending of a patient's life by a physician, usually by lethal injection. Technically, "physician-assisted suicide" is different and refers to a physician providing a patient with the means for taking his or her own life.

Euthanasia and religion :
Among those who attend religious services weekly, only 33% regarded euthanasia as morally acceptable.
Among those who attend services "nearly weekly," 48% said euthanasia is morally acceptable.
Since religion concerns itself with issues of life, death, meaning and morality, it is not surprising that, for many people, religious beliefs are the main basis for their views of euthanasia. While there are certainly many other factors that contribute to one's position on euthanasia, such as concerns about the risk of abuse, compassion, pain control, legal freedom, etc., this thread will focus almost entirely on the religious aspects of the issue.

Christians what do you think? Right or wrong?
Atheists/non religious/pagans are free to contribute as well..
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2013
The average christian is too brainwashed to debate properly on this issue. Trust me

Same with the abortion issue
Same with evolution.

I only raise these issues nowadays when I am in bashing mode....logic cant work with certain people....pain can be a good method with them
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by djeezy(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2013
wink
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Tolexander: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2013
I don't see christianity believing in euthanasia, mercy-killing or coup de grace. Cos the religion believes if there is life, there is hope of course there can be miracle and anyone that takes another man's life is a murderer!
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 08, 2013
Since the question is directed to christians, I'll just watch from the sidelines
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2013
Christians where you at?!!

Let's rub minds here...

Lol its not as easy a tithing issue,ai?
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2013
rationalmind: Since the question is directed to christians, I'll just watch from the sidelines
Its been modifiedcheesy
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 08, 2013
quivah:
Its been modifiedcheesy

Good cheesy

Euthanasia should be carried out only as a last resort to alleviate pain and suffering when every other possible means of alleviating the pain and suffering have been tried or considered and the end result of it all is eventual death.

The doc administering it must not do it for his own personal gain which might be an inheritance.

The perfect (not partial) will of the patient should be the deciding factor and not the will of any other.

My two kobo.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2013
^ Christians still see that as murder and so 98% of them won't advocate it.

Even when the patient is In a graved pain and chances are sooner or later he's gon die. They still would rather God take him instead.. i.e dying a natural death

Not putting into consideration the money spent(yeah life is involved but there are other lives involved as well..esp if the one life is almost gone already)time,pains..

As a Christian myself(well not really,dont ask how) I dont see anything wrong with euthanasia..
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2013
But a conc Christian brethren might have his/her reasons as to why euthanasia is wrong .

I just don't know why they are running from this .
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2013
quivah: ^ Christians still see that as murder and so 98% of them won't advocate it.

Even when the patient is In a graved pain and chances are sooner or later he's gon die. They still would rather God take him instead.. i.e dying a natural death

Not putting into consideration the money spent(yeah life is involved but there are other lives involved as well..esp if the one life is almost gone already)time,pains..

As a Christian myself(well not really,dont ask how) I dont see anything wrong with euthanasia..

If that's the position of the christian, its going to even pose more problems than answers cos one would have to ask what God wants to gain from keeping the patient in untold pain, suffering and agony.

As for the bold, grin I wouldn't had asked cos I seem to know.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 8:45am On Dec 08, 2013
^ to them,when there's life,there is hope...

But in extreme cases between llife-death,i wonder what hope there is..
God would rather care about who and who is heaven/hell bound than looking through the pains or life on earth.. that's the picture the fanatic Christians paint.

Lol you should knowwink
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by SalC: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2013
A christian should not encourage mercy killing let alone getting involve in it.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2013
Sal C: A christian should not encourage mercy killing let alone getting involve in it.

Wow......how prescriptive

why not use logical steps to get to your conclusion rather than just make blanket statements?
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 9:03am On Dec 08, 2013
Sal C: A christian should not encourage mercy killing let alone getting involve in it.
Why?
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Dannylux: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2013
LOL I'm speechless lipsrsealed
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow......how prescriptive

why not use logical steps to get to your conclusion rather than just make blanket statements?

Except you wna hear "thou shall not kill" "and suicide is also killing" tales..

Then be ready to see lotta blank statements.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by UyiIredia(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2013
Logicboy03: The average christian is too brainwashed to debate properly on this issue. Trust me

Same with the abortion issue
Same with evolution.

I only raise these issues nowadays when I am in bashing mode....logic cant work with certain people....pain can be a good method with them

Going by the bolded, you and I were too brainwashed to debate this issue years back_maybe quivah too.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2013
^ and now?
You arent?
Then talk on the topic..
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by UyiIredia(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
quivah: ^ and now?
You arent?
Then talk on the topic..

A beg comot !
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
I will make my statement on thursday.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
quivah: Christians where you at?!!

Let's rub minds here...

Lol its not as easy a tithing issue,ai?
Lol. Don't rejoice yet.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A beg comot !
cheesy...

Is there really nothing up there?
Reyginus: I will make my statement on thursday.
Hehe ... take your time..
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by UyiIredia(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: I will make my statement on thursday.

when you are done being atheist ba !
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
quivah:
cheesy...

Is there really nothing up there?

Hehe ... take your time..
Lol. I'm an atheist for now.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

when you are done being atheist ba !
Exactly.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
And who told you that my church supports your euthanasia and abortion. Research before you post
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: Exactly.

cheesy why not post as an atheist on this also
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
rationalmind:

cheesy why not post as an atheist on this also
Lol. What will now happen when I change position on the same thread by thursday. Madness!!
I think I will do better if it was asked in my atheist thread.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. What will now happen when I change position on the same thread by thursday. Madness!!
I think I will do better if it was asked in my atheist thread.

grin Ok, Thursday.
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by quivah(f): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
FrancisTony: And who told you that my church supports your euthanasia and abortion. Research before you post
Guy,did you read the op without your medulla?cheesy

Read again!
Re: Euthanasia And Religion(christianity) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
quivah:
Guy,did you read the op without your medulla?cheesy

Read again!
kk. I got you. My view about euthanasia is that it's morally/religiously wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why pastor Chris Oyakhilome marriage crash ( lessons for others) / Cele Leadership Tussle Worsens As Police Invite Factional Leaders / Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.