Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Your Experience As A Sales Man - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experience As A Sales Man (6327 Views)

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Graduates: What Has Been Your Experience Getting Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience As A Sales Man by FESTAC101: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sometimes I feel like just dropping my resignation letter, but when I consider the fact that i do not have another job at the moment, I can only but keep enduring this sales job. What really inspires you as a sales man?I took up this job because I needed to get meaningfully engaged, but I been advised by my doctor to watch my blood pressure.Unreasonable targets, unbearable pressure, sack threats, man-know-man arrangement...the list goes on and on.Share your sales experience perhaps there is something from it that might inspire me and many others facing this challenge.I need responses because my endurance limit is fast running out.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by extremelygolden: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
Ooops! First to comment! I made it again! Glory be to God in the Highest!

Working as a sales person requires a lot of drive, patience and determination.
It's not always easy trying to persuade people to buy your products and
services, but those I pity most are those sales personnel from the
Insurance Companies. They oftentimes behave like the Jehovah's Witnesses!
They hardly give up!

Generally, the job of a sales person, irrespective of the organization, is one
tedious task!

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by mazizitonene(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
Hmm....Sales men....d floor is open. sorry, can't help, an entrepreneur
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Chrisvicmall: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
No amount of stories here will inspire you as long as you are not doing what you like. If you are in a job for the money, then you will call it a job but if you are in it as a hobby, you will notice that it is never stress but an adventure. The worst thing a man can do is working in a field he/she doesn't like. It is like marrying a wrong woman and waking up each morning to face the woman each day.

Why be afraid if you haven't try it out. If you are afraid of loosing the job, then you can start applying for one while you are in the current one. Guy you are really brave for living with your worst fear. It is high time you call it a day

5 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by fopdnewton: 11:24am On Dec 10, 2013
God is and how good is the remuneration. It helps.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by mazizitonene(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2013
extremelygolden: .
Waka!
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Afritop(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2013
You follow clients up and down. You call them send text to them. They will be giving you hope that they will contact you Later. That later can't be defined because it means a lot of things. When you market on the field you can be a potential danger to the men in uniform. I remember the day I follow client to the extent that I forgot to climb pedestrian bridge in ojota. When dis men in uniform nab me hen I was just speaking english with plenty of vocabulary. Dem no hear o I just beg dem to collect N1000 because what they are asking was much higher. When I remember that day, I will be like which kin yeye job be dis wey I enter

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Dbboy(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2013
There is no target that is unreasonable most target by companies are set after thoroughly investigating there fellow competitors
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Sknda(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 10, 2013
9th to comment...as a big boy make una drink i dey come
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by OmolodMilkman93(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
brb
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 10, 2013
You can only be happy wen U r doing wat U love. Buh as d situation in d country is, I would'nt advise U to quit, buh U can secretly search 4 anoda job dat U prefer, hope U find one soon bro.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by extremelygolden: 11:36am On Dec 10, 2013
mazizi tonene:
Waka!

Dede, what did I do nah? grin

Why the waka?
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by groovie(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2013
lies! big white lies, small black lies, everyday, but wat can one do? op i feel u jare.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by mazizitonene(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2013
extremelygolden:

Dede, what did I do nah? grin

Why the waka?
Lol, why u carry ya big behind dey block space grin
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by 735i(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Yeah....i feel you bro....
Have worn those shoes, have walked that road....
If you don't enjoy; seek for a way out.... But don't quit until you get something better!!!
The up side of the job; You meet people and build contacts..........(this is invaluable as you will find out in a few years time)
You are better exposed to the different industries and you can easily source information which otherwise you wouldn't have access to.
You develop you communication skills and ultimately; your self confidence.
You have on your C.V; the one skill that every private organization requires..

Maybe you should consider changing industry before you decide to quit sales entirely....a change might do you some good...
Above all; if you don't like it; then the earlier you quit; the better for you.

Best of luck!!

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by CocoLoca(f): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2013
Ashawo na sales woMAN too. My fellow widows NL babes, feel free to share your experiences. undecided

Please i was just joking o! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Aringon(m): 11:47am On Dec 10, 2013
Sales job is all about passion and drive, if you don't have passion for your job, ogbeni kukuma resign and get another job.
As a sales person, u don't work hard, u work smart, u don't work aimlessly but plan ahead of where you will be going to pitch, know your target market. Don't think that, the 100 customers you are going to talk to will accept ur products, there will be objections and u hv to plan on how to deal with these objections professionally.
Any where u are employed, take the entrepreneurial spirit there as if you are the owner of that business and who know what tomorrow will bring.

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 10, 2013
CocoLoca: Ashawo na sales woMAN too. My fellow widows NL babes, feel free to share your experiences. undecided

Please i was just joking o! grin grin

i swear talk say nor be say i pray now, i for throway kiss give you now grin grin
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Olugbenger(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2013
Op, you aven't seen anything at all. sad
Go find out from popular salesmen here like sincere 9gerian, taharqa, jmaine and CO. who sell very terrible lies to us here and even have to ass lick their paymaster. angry angryThe economy is really bad embarassed embarassed, but these folks have to go against their conscience because there are no better jobs. God help us all.
smiley

8 Likes

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 10, 2013
oh sales man cheesy i have always been a boss, angry let me sit down and watch how they do it undecided
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by zonax(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Being a sales person has this thing to do with passion. If you don't have that, you are in for fraustration.
I wish you luck man
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by ifeci: 11:57am On Dec 10, 2013
The job of a sales man is quite stressful bt it prepares u 4d future if u intend 2b an entrepreneur or a biz owner cos u must sell ur brand/ prods& services. Most ppl at the top from business men to ceo's r busy selling either products or services or their brand. So d earlier u learn hw to sell ice to eskimos, d smoother ur journey 2d top will b.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by christejames(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Should i call mysef fortunate cos during my stay as a sales man, my boss made me d head of his new investment (just less than a month afta i startd working there) left everything to me with trust. Thank God i didnt disappoint him. I left there because i secured admission to further my studies last year. Till date my boss family even his siblings all want me around wheneva i return from school... I just thank God!!!
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by 247cheapgadgets: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sales job is not . But you can learn from it. I was a sales man and my experience is helping me in my own business of selling gadgets like powerbanks, phones, flash drive etc..

247cheapgadgets
08142364445 pin:2256D856

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Muffy2912: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
I got one Recently and I can tell you it was very hectic,frustrating and what have you.I took it for the same reason you gave but,men I had to quite because it was telling on my health without adequate compensation.
Just follow ur heart sha.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by ifyalways(f): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
I pity them ooh. Sweating and all especially the insurance sales men. I just allow them enjoy small AC(if they came to my office) offer them coke or water before telling them that I'm not interested.

Some of them are advanced men. My heart pleads when I encounter them.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by engrhorla(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hehehe!!! Me @ FP. Ha,i don achiever this yr & na big ọrọbọ achiever. *dancing azonto*..somebodi help me shout hallelujah 4 my achieve. Hen hen! Wetin una dey discuz self. Am comin,mk i chk b4 i join d hot issue (issue gbona). Haterz,go & hug pole ooo
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by cooldipo(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
This bring to mind the memory of my late friend he left Ekiti for Lagos after his first degree. His first job was to sell electrical products all over the streets of Lagos. He threw in the towel after weeks of toil with reasonable sale, returned home, got a better sale job with a pharmaceutical coy, and life seems better but life is not fair....we lost El-muri....when things were just coming together after all the many nights of "ila-alasepo" in school. The pain in the eyes on his mum till date is better imagined. She lost a shining star who like the op has paid his dues and worn his sole....life is not just

My advice to you is to turning in your resignation letter and go learn a trade like computer engineering or a job that allows for career advancement.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by money121(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
BATLAN CONCEPT LIMITED (MAJOR IMPORTERS OF STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET (metro tiles), DOORS AND ALUMINUM COMPOSITE PANEL)……CALL AYYUB ON 08085310359
My name is Mr. Ayyub and I appreciate the opportunity to introduce my Company (Batlan Concept Interiors and Exteriors) limited. The company was formed to provide general importation, sales and supplies of building materials.
Batlan Concept interiors and Exteriors Ltd is a licensed company in the federal republic of Nigeria for Wholesale, retail and supply of building materials all over Nigeria such as Stone Coated aluminum step tile roofing sheets, aluminum composite panel, interior and exterior doors, sanitary ware and marbles, Danpolon (car port, shoot out extension, ATM partitioning and swimming pool cover) and glass blocks. We have been involved in sales of building materials since 2006 and have personally supplied notable companies, engineers and property owners. We take pride in the fact that all product supplied by our company are of good qualities (European, Korea and American standard) our supplies and deliveries have always been completed on time and in safe and professional manner.
Batlan Concept Interiors and Exteriors have good and reliable staffs that listen and attend to our clients needs and request in a professional manner. We provide safety awareness to our client, on issues relating to the handling of some delicate products on site.
The most important part of Batlan Concept Interiors and Exterior Ltd is our employees. Our people care about product quality. They take the extra step to ensure quality supply
All our products are fully guaranteed and we would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to work with you on your future project where our services would be of value
Head Office = Queens Shopping Plaza,
Suite 11, Km 45, Lekki Epe-Express way
Opposite Safeway hospital Sangotedo Ajah Lagos.
E-mail; =(wholesaleroofingsheetanddoors@yahoo.co.uk) and (roofanddoorimporter@yahoo.com)
Call Mr. Ayyub on 08085310359 for more information
Email(ayyubaltan@gmail.com)
PRICE LIST FOR OUR DOORS
SIZES
DESCRIPTION MEASUREMENT OUR PRICE LIST
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 860/900 50mm 15,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 50mm 26,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 18,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 36,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 30,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9INCHES 50,000
3 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 70mm 30,000
4 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 9 INCHES 50,000
5 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 52,000
3 FEET STAINLESS STILL DOOR 70,000
4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 120,000
5 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 160,000
3 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 140,000
4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 160,000
5 FEET STAINLESS DOOR IN DOOR 190,000
3 FEET TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 70,000
F TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 145,000
LAMINATED WOODEN DOOR 2050*750/840 15,000
100% WOODEN DOOR 2050*840 25,000
3 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 80,000
4 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 150,000
5 FEET ARMORED DOOR 190,000
4 FEET ARMORED DOOR IN DOOR 400,000
3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 30,000
4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 42,000
3 FEET WHITE DOOR 860/900 15,000
3 FEET STEEL GLASS DOOR 33,000
PVC TOILET DOOR 10,000
REGULAR TOILET DOOR 15,500
PRICE LIST FOR STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET
1 SOUTH KOREA STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET N2000 PER SQUARE METER. We have different colours in stock (red, black, green and brown)
2. D.S KOREA STONE COATED ROOFING TILE FOR #2,000 PER SQ..
3 SHINGLES ROOFING SHEET GOING FOR =N=2700 PER SQUARE METER,
BENEFITS OF STONE COATED STEP TILE METRO TILES OVER OTHER ROOFING SHEET
DURABLE = Stone coated step tile roofing sheet are very durable and has about 50years companies guarantee,, that’s really a value for price
ABSORBS RADIATION = Stone coated step tile metro tiles has great ability of absorbing the ultraviolent rays of the sun that emits radiation, many roofing sheet can do that..
ABSORBES HEAT = Stone coated roofing sheet has a very great ability of absorbing heat, and this reduces the amount of heat that enters the building,, Many roofing sheet cant reduce heat.
FULLY FIRE RESISTANT = Coated roofing sheet is fully resistant to fire, heat, water and harsh whether condition. It’s truly the best
VERY ATTRACTIVE = When you see a building coated with stone coated metro tile, you would know that there is a difference between (ROOFING SHEET) and the (STONE COATED STEPTILE ROOFING SHEET)
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
DON’T FORGET (WE KEEP OUR WORD)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL MR AYYUB ON 08085310359
Email(ayyubaltan@gmail.com)
HEAD OFFICE IS LOCATED AT SUITE 11/12 QUEENS SHOPPING COMPLEX OPPOSITE SAFEWAY HOSPITAL SANGOTEDO BY AJAH,LAGOS,
we are simply the best
EMAIL US AT (roofanddoorimporter@yahoo.com) or
(wholesaleroofingsheetanddoors@yahoo.co.uk)
www.batlanbuildingmaterials.com
BATLAN (WE DEAL ON QUALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWSmC5FYSU

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Segadem(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
The Redeemed Christian Church Of God,2013 Holy Ghost Congress @ the Redemption Camp From Dec.9-14 Tagged ``The Overflow''
Come And Invite Other You Will Be Glad You Did.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Ways Of Building Team Spirit In An Office Environment / How To Manage Your Time, Self And The Interviewer / Get Photoshop Video Tutorial 2018 Learn How To Use Photoshop For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.