Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,023 members, 7,953,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Your Experience As A Sales Man - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experience As A Sales Man (6444 Views)

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Graduates: What Has Been Your Experience Getting Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Xtaceeey: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
hmmmmmm
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Princeojua(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
My experience was something i can't just explain wit much words.... In one word! It was HELL... I drop my boss a resignation last week....
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Princeojua(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
My experience was something i can't just explain wit much words.... In one word! It was HELL... I dropped my boss a resignation last week....
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Gifted4all(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
I just got one with firstbank partnering with one insurance company.pls should i accept this job
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Princeojua(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
My experience was something i can't just explain wit much words.... In one word! It was HELL... I dropped my boss a resignation last week.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by akin101: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
CocoLoca: Ashawo na sales woMAN too. My fellow widows NL babes, feel free to share your experiences. undecided

Please i was just joking o! grin grin

carry go joor
if them no like am dey can go and what
They can go and die!!!!!
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Azedplus(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
right here with a supposed customer keeping me waiting,hv not even listen to what I hv to say.Hv trekked distances I never imagined,many more all in the name of sales.hoping for something better sha
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Rawpidgin(m): 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
2009 i was working as a sales rep. in a place where they sale foriegn furniture(glass dinning & center table)
on a faithful evening a man came to price a plasma tv stand, after giving him the price he promise to come back the next day(but i didn't blieve him cuz alot of pple will say dat & never come back).
the following morning i was surprised wen i saw the man & he was like "oboy, oya go write invoice make i go the next store go buy the plasma tv", filled with joy(base on early morning market) i rushed inside to write the invoice, as i was writting my boss called me & be like " osas, go call the man! somebody open open im motor, collect sometin & drive go".
i called the man, he checked under his car seat & screamed "i don die o, my 300thousand naira o!, before i could say jack the man turn to me & said " oboy na u plan am! na u i tell say i go come the next day! b4 we knew what was going on he drove off only to back with the police.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Hardeydoyin1: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pls what's is the condition of my goods. I sent the tracking
number to you guys on sunday. Please I really need them in
Nigeria this week please.
Username. Hardeydoyin
Please do get back to me
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Lol, I remember one thing that happened when I visted my sister at abuja.
(she wasn't around so I was waiting for to come back when this man and his wife‪‬‪ ‬came to buy something. I think they are gwari, After a few mins i noticed how they both struggle with English, especially with the food menu. Her sales gal have already had some trouble making themselves understood when I go over to take one table’s order.)

Me: what food would you like to order?”

Man: “Yes, we would like food please.”

(There is a long awkward pause, until I realise they are not going to order on their own.)

Me: “So… what food would you like?”

The woman: “Oh! I would like this. This is steak, yes?”
(She is pointing to something else on the menu.)

Me: “Oh, no, that’s em em*I don't know whats called* it’s like a small leg. We have a steak just here, if you like?”

(She remains pointing at that one.)

Woman: “So this… this is steak?”

Me: “No, no, this is steak…”*I point*

Woman: “So this… what animal?”

Me: “Pardon?”

Woman: “What animal this?”

Me: “Oh! Sorry! That’s lamb. Uh, sheep.”

Woman: “Sheep?”

Me: “Yes, sheep. Erm…”

Man: “Maaaaaaaa?”

(I am puzzled for a second, and then realise he is making a sheep noise!)

Me: “Yes, baaaaa!”

Woman: “Oh! Yes! And this?”
(She points to the steak.)

Me: “Steak. Cow.”

Man: “Moooo?”

Me: “Yes, mooooo!”

(She points to each successive meat dish in turn, and eventually her husband will make the animal noises before she does, to save time. I manage to keep a straight face, because I don’t want him to feel patronised, but his impressions are very funny.)

Woman: “And this?”
(She points at the last item in the menu) “What animal, this?”

Me: "Oh!, it is chicken"

Man: "kookorookooo"?

Me: "Yea"

(They later decided to buy chicken and steak. Funny people)
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by seangy4konji: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
God deh..na so my best friend deh complain yesterday also.he travel from abuja to lagos because dem call say application received and make dem come for interview.he reach dere and see over 1000 graduates and men looking for the job.after interview,them say na sales and marketing and pay is 25k with no security...he just was speechless call me say he deh beer palor for IB...person working in ICT dept of ministry of abj...25k and d waka..i just laugh in spanish.na alomo money in a month be dat nan
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by taobao123: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
This people placing advert on threads...

Well if they are not paying for it no wahala but if Seun is collecting rates for it please its so razz.

Reading a thread and seeing such adverts seem like you lack creativity.
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by ConquerAll(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmm! I feel your koko no be small. Salesman job can be a hell on earth (talking out of experience).
But wait, I need to ask if you're into Insurance? If that's the case, then, it's a pity cos Nigerians don't understand the language called "Insurance".

During my short sojourn in the art of salesmanship, I learnt few things and had some experiences which I think are worth sharing

1. I learnt that people don't want to be sold to; rather, they want you to help them solve their problem(s) [Once I understood this, I changed my approach and things became easier]
2. I also learnt that to have a measure of success, you must know your product in and out, especially the benefits. You also have to believe in your products to be able to convince others to believe in them (this is a difficult part because, most times, you're told to market a total junk stuff you don't believe one bit in).
3. I learnt not to expect positive result all the time, at least, for the first call.
4. The job taught me how to approach people (even total strangers) with ease than before.
5. I later realised that those who set targets for you only have one thing in mind... to drive you MAD and hypertensive with unrealistic targets which they know cannot be realised. So, the best thing I did was to ignore them and just work smart as usual.
6. I also enjoyed the FREEDOM that comes with being a salesman. Sometimes I go just enter bar and relax with a cool bottle of the Ultimate, all join for work. At times, I also do my own runs during working hours. Regular operations guys don't have this freedom.

I detest the work but, at least, I enjoyed myself relatively while it lasted. Probably because I knew I had no future there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by humpito(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sales job is very challenging. It is well even in the well.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Webbyguy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
I feel you bro but doing sales is actually challenging and it's also doable.

To enjoy marketing you need to learn by reading books on how to sell to people and how to persuade them.

My advice is to make friends with customers before selling your product to them, that way you can easily persuade them.

Read www.aboutmarketingmix.com/marketing-vs-sales/16-sales-tips-salespeople-1/
to learn more sales tips

1 Like

Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by Damola12: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
What are u guys selling These experiences are full of woe...i am into sales and loving it o
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by jmaine: 1:51am On Dec 12, 2013
Olugbenger: Op, you aven't seen anything at all. sad
Go find out from popular salesmen here like sincere 9gerian, taharqa, jmaine and CO. who sell very terrible lies to us here and even have to ass lick their paymaster. angry angryThe economy is really bad embarassed embarassed, but these folks have to go against their conscience because there are no better jobs. God help us all.
smiley

You don't need to import your stupidity to this section.

Simply because we puncture your unfortunate lies doesn't make us paid. We are just offering seemless free services in taming your labyrinth of lies; so that other innocent bystanders don't ingest them . . . .
Re: Your Experience As A Sales Man by DJurry(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Security is good but it can be compared to a prisoner behind bars. He's so secure but lacks freedom! Out there are people who are free and live unlimited lives.
A job can only offer you a short-term security. Never freedom!
If, like me, you desire the freedom to earn your worth and live your life, I invite you to read through my post @ www.nairaland.com/1496966/only-way-earn-what-worth

To Your Profit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chevron Graduate Trainee Program Ogere, Ogun State. Application Is On / Salary Scale Of Nigerian Customs,immigration And Federal Ministries / Advice A Prospective Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.