Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) (12458 Views)

New Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Awka(pictures) / Chinese Company Constructing Agulu Lake Hotel Resort And Conference Center- Awka / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan:

See you blame "others" and claim ibos learnt from "others" but who are the "others" you are referring to? Must you always deflect the reality away from your people and take responsibility? The ibo war that led to 3 M ibos dead, till today, you blame "others". The coups, you blame "others". Tell me only three things ibos have taken responsibility for, out of the gazillions of crime against Nigerians and humanity! Tell me just 3!
Can you start a new thread in the tribal section, we are not talking about the war or the past in this one. Thank you for your consideration wink wink
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by phantom(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sloan:

See you blame "others" and claim ibos learnt from "others" but who are the "others" you are referring to? Must you always deflect the reality away from your people and take responsibility? The ibo war that led to 3 M ibos dead, till today, you blame "others". The coups, you blame "others". Tell me only three things ibos have taken responsibility for, out of the gazillions of crime against Nigerians and humanity! Tell me just 3!
answer me this.of the three so called founding fathers, who was the most nationalistic? My bro the igbo man is and has always been individualistic.that has always been our bane.we think of ourselves first before we think tribe.it wasnt like that for the other major tribes.awo was first of all a yoruba man before anything else.so was bello.abi i lie?

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is good these structures are being built but the problem will come in management. We dont have a reputation of running publicly owned companies well. This should have been done by the private sector, except of course it will be concessioned after completion.
I agree with you 100% this is a private sector project.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ada Nri1: Hotel to employ people and pay a manager less than minimum wage.
I don't know how this will improve the life of a regular Anambra person
It will not improve local citizens much, how many jobs will graduates get out of this hotel maybe 10 at the most. 50 non-graduates. Looking at the pictures, already it looks like they are not even employing the locals or using a local company. Honestly, this is not making sense to me at all. When did government get into hotel building business, it would have made sense if it was a convention center, usually the cities own those for revenue generation. I don't get it
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: oga you are smarter than this.please no fall your hand here.peter is one of our leaders in the south east.he is our son.we should be able to criticise constructively.now let me ask you in your heart of hearts, is this a project the state govt should be undertaking? Please be objective.arent there more important things? Honestly we igbos have learnt tribalism for others but we seem to have overtaken those who taught us.the oduah case readily comes to mind.
Did you care to read obi's reason for embarking in the project at all? Have you been to Agulu lake before?
I believe this project is not just about building a hotel. Its about making agulu lake a tourist destination. Left to me, i would say obi should extend developments like this to other tourist sites like ogbunike cave and owerre-ezukala cave.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Ngokafor(f): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
slimghost:

What a senseless post!!!

..but what else do you expect from a senseless person??,so no surprises!!
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: oga you are smarter than this.please no fall your hand here.peter is one of our leaders in the south east.he is our son.we should be able to criticise constructively.now let me ask you in your heart of hearts, is this a project the state govt should be undertaking? Please be objective.arent there more important things? Honestly we igbos have learnt tribalism for others but we seem to have overtaken those who taught us.the oduah case readily comes to mind.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Ngokafor(f): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
slimghost:

What a senseless post!!!

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zona.com:

Did you care to read obi's reason for embarking in the project at all? Have you been to Agulu lake before?
I believe this project is not just about building a hotel. Its about making agulu lake a tourist destination. Left to me, i would say obi should extend developments like this to other tourist sites like ogbunike cave and owerre-ezukala cave.
What will the tourist do as far as attractions? Just visit caves? Would you swim in that lake? We need to change the image of our state before we start inviting tourists. We should be focusing in the industrial aspect of our state, that is where the money is don't you agree?
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zona.com:

ogbunike cave really needs something like this....however the problem is are private sector guys willing to undertake such?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: What will the tourist do as far as attractions? Just visit caves?
for someone who has lived long in usa i find it funny you are asking this question...why do people visit rock of gilbralter....no be to see rock?why do people go to game reserve....no be to watch animals?
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: What will the tourist do as far as attractions? Just visit caves? Would you swim in that lake? We need to change the image of our state before we start inviting tourists. We should be focusing in the industrial aspect of our state, that is where the money is don't you agree?
Do tourists swim in the Nike lake in enugu state?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: ogbunike cave really needs something like this....however the problem is are private sector guys willing to undertake such?

That Ogbunike cave deserves some pimping, fumigation and little upgrade and a viable tourist centre will be achieved.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: for someone who has lived long in usa i find it funny you are asking this question...why do people visit rock of gilbralter....no be to see rock?why do people go to game reserve....no be to watch animals?
God bless you bro.
Agulu lake has even got some history about some crocodiles in the water. I have been to owerre-ezukala cave and God knows i enjoyed it. People who visit Nike lake in enugu dont go there to swim.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: for someone who has lived long in usa i find it funny you are asking this question...why do people visit rock of gilbralter....no be to see rock?why do people go to game reserve....no be to watch animals?
That is all fine and dandy, but this should not be the top priority for Anambra State Asha. If you want to build a hotel so that business people can come here and do business that is making sense, but for tourism, which is a usually a family attraction, we still have safety issues that need to be resolved. When it comes to business a person can take all types of risk to embark on increasing profits. The main road to this hotel that would bring tourist is not even ready to carry them. Or is that part of the plan give them whiplash so they can use spa services.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zona.com:

God bless you bro.
Agulu lake has even got some history about some crocodiles in the water. I have been to owerre-ezukala cave and God knows i enjoyed it. People who visit Nike lake in enugu dont go there to swim.
Great so if you were inviting peple to spend $300 or more a night to come and stay at this hotel, what would they do for 7 days ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
the issue is that every state should maximize every potential that can bring in revenue to the state whether from industrialization,agriculture,mineral resources,commerce,tourism,entertainment and so on...we should not be one track minded...after a great percentage of kenya's revenue is from game reserves and national wild parks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Abagworo:

That Ogbunike cave deserves some pimping, fumigation and little upgrade and a viable tourist centre will be achieved.
I agree that it does have potential, but as you pointed out they still need to work on the the tourist attractions before bringing in tourist. They have to make sure people will feel safe and secure in the environment. Also you will need other attractions and entertainment to make sense to a tourist to spend 5 star hotel money!
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
I just hope it's really a 5 star hotel. Anambra needs it and they mustn't compromise in quality and standard.

Anambra is a tourist haven and i hope those potentials will be unlocked. The Ogbunike cave needs attention and Anam also has some body of water that can be tapped into in some way to create a tourist haven.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: That is all fine and dandy, but this should not be the top priority for Anambra State Asha. If you want to build a hotel so that business people can come here and do business that is making sense, but for tourism, which is a usually a family attraction, we still have safety issues that need to be resolved. When it comes to business a person can take all types of risk to embark on increasing profits. The main road to this hotel that would bring tourist is not even ready to carry them. Or is that part of the plan give them whiplash so they can use spa services.
how do you know if the road is not being constructed or already exists?if i am not mistaken too there are bridges linking this hotel to agulu lake that the present government is construction...there is no harm in developing all sectors that can genrate revenue at the same time.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: the issue is that every state should maximize every potential that can bring in revenue to the state whether from industrialization,agriculture,mineral resources,commerce,tourism,entertainment and so on...we should not be one track minded...after a great percentage of kenya's revenue is from game reserves and national wild parks.
yes my Dear we should be open minded right now we should focus on Agriculture, Mineral Resources and Industrialization. We have not mastered those industries yet, we have not brought out the full potential, building the hotel is one aspect then supporting it until tourist start coming is another. We need to focus are attention on the industries you mentioned and they will support other industries to rise from the revenue generated. I am not saying that we can not emabark on that in the future, but those types of things should be encouraged by private sectors. Cleaning up the lake and caves and the roads that lead to them is a government priority but building a hotel for tourist is not! They can offer low interest Government loans through a Small Business Administration that is how it is usually done in the Western World. My main concern is in the past, white elephant projects that have not been completed, have cost tax payers millions if not billions in lost revenues. Let us continue with projects that have been started and complete them!
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: how do you know if the road is not being constructed or already exists?if i am not mistaken too there are bridges linking this hotel to agulu lake that the present government is construction...there is no harm in developing all sectors that can genrate revenue at the same time.
I said that the road is not ready and I know because I was on it last week. Being a jack of all trade and a master of none will always get you half a$$ results! We have to crawl before we run my Dear! Let us finish what we start before we embark on other projects or things will be left undone when will we learn!
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: guy if for anything people hve been criticizing obi for doing 'simple things' instead of 'white elephant' projects like this.
I did not even see this quote you too have a feeling that this is a white elephant project so why the yabbing grin
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by olabukola: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Their is no 5 star hotel in nigeria pls.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: I did not even see this quote you too have a feeling that this is a white elephant project so why the yabbing grin
i put it in quote because that is what people generally term this kind of projects...it has nothing to do with what i feel.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
olabukola: Their is no 5 star hotel in nigeria pls.

The management of Sheraton and Transcorp Hilton may have something to say about that.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Zonacom(m): 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: That is all fine and dandy, but this should not be the top priority for Anambra State Asha. If you want to build a hotel so that business people can come here and do business that is making sense, but for tourism, which is a usually a family attraction, we still have safety issues that need to be resolved. When it comes to business a person can take all types of risk to embark on increasing profits. The main road to this hotel that would bring tourist is not even ready to carry them. Or is that part of the plan give them whiplash so they can use spa services.
I think you dont understand the reasons obi gave for embarking on this project. Do you know that as it stands now, no hotel in anambra is worthy of hosting any major conference, be it political or otherwise? Yes, the private sector should do that, but the state won't keep waiting for private individuals. Morethan 30 hotels abound in awka but none is actually worthy of the name.
And again, did you missed the part where obi mentioned that the hotel would serve to accomodate investors?

If obi of all governors will embark on a project like this, then i believe it was borne out of necessity. Gov obi is not known for this kind of projects.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Sloan: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: answer me this.of the three so called founding fathers, who was the most nationalistic? My bro the igbo man is and has always been individualistic.that has always been our bane.we think of ourselves first before we think tribe.it wasnt like that for the other major tribes.awo was first of all a yoruba man before anything else.so was bello.abi i lie?

You lied. In fact, you may be ignorant! A certain NLander, Dudu-Negro, I think presented a good exposition and a deeper interpretation of what you think was "Zik Nationalism" on a thread I read here not long ago. I couldn't be bothered to start a new discussion on this topic, but if you are not a little kid or just overly simple-minded, you would have known better. If I find it, I will post it here but I really wouldn't want to appear to derail this thread but I can't bear to let you off so lightly without showing you the light and putting the fear of God into you. If I find it, I will post it, just promise to read with an open mind! grin grin angry angry
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
Biafraqueen, it is Agulu Lake Hotel Resort and Convention Center. Its gonna hold events and ocassions. This is a big boast for Anambra.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Johnolis(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Whenever i see some people whom have never been to Anambra criticising and condeming His Excellency Gov. Peter Obi (okwute),i feel so sad and bad...mind you guys,am a core anambrarian residing in Anambra ie (Abum nwa afo igbo).To tell you the truth,peter obi is the best performing Governor right now,touching drastically all sectors of development in Anambra.We anambrarians are very proud of his landmark achievements,sentiments apart.Before the just concluded election,people were saying that he was doing these wonderful things just to make apga win,but he has come out boldly to show us that all he is doing in the state is because of his love for his state.After the election,he now started the main development programme.Sometimes,i wonder where and how he manages to get the fund with which he is working.please,am advising non indigenes to take out time,and visit the state and see and testify to the development programs going on in the state.Anambra adibago mma,nye aka ka odi mma.if all nigerian governors are like him,nigerian would have been a haven of development.please E-warriors and cyber critics should sheath their swords of antagonism and pray,celebrate and imitate a good man working for the development of his state.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: Great so if you were inviting peple to spend $300 or more a night to come and stay at this hotel, what would they do for 7 days ?

Did u bother to read thru the passage? Sabmiller, Orient pet and other foriegn investors are already attracting high networth people from around the world to Anambra, so such facilities as this will host such class of people. That why the construction of the Onitsha Resort /convention center and Agulu lake resorts and convention centers are going on.
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva: I just hope it's really a 5 star hotel. Anambra needs it and they mustn't compromise in quality and standard.

Anambra is a tourist haven and i hope those potentials will be unlocked. The Ogbunike cave needs attention and Anam also has some body of water that can be tapped into in some way to create a tourist haven.

^^^You can't achieve 5-star status with 2.2 billion naira! Maybe Nigeria has a different notion of what a 5-star standard is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Polls: Ize-iyamu Tenders 988 INEC Voter Registers As Evidence / Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 / INEC Holds Supplementary Elections On Saturday In Imo, Taraba & Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.