Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) (12421 Views)

New Anambra State University Teaching Hospital Awka(pictures) / Chinese Company Constructing Agulu Lake Hotel Resort And Conference Center- Awka / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by oneeast1: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: I trust you stay blessed and greet Madame for us well well wink

Odimma.. cheesy
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: I did not want to go there for fear of being biased about my own town, one stinking road and roundabout. Thinking about it gives me a serious migraine angry
No town in Anambra needs dual lane roads like Nnewi, 2 months i was stuck in heavy traffic right in front of the teaching hospital, for close to 20 minutes, the bus i was in was immobile, i was stunned when i later learnt the traffic was caused by an overloaded marwa(keke napep) that broke down in the middle of the road! The roads apart from being single lanes are just too narrow! angry, and Nnewi ppl too are not helping matters, they raise 3storeys and 4 storeys so close to the road, that if any Govt wanted to dualise those roads, it would spend more money compensating locals for demolisions than it would pay contractors for actual construction! Anambra needs a hard,heartless Governor if you ask me! angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ak47mann(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
okwute is working ala igbo adigo mma cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by investnow2013: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: ogbunike cave really needs something like this....however the problem is are private sector guys willing to undertake such?
That's why a sensible Govt must intervene in any Key Areas of The economy in other to encourage the private sector to come in. We need to appreciate the wisdom of Mr Peter Obi in this regard!

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IGBOSON1: 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
biafranqueen: All at the same time Well Good luck I hope when I get back to Anambra in March I will be welcomed by one of these projects being completed, if not then I will have to lobby for a Minister of Commerce that knows how to prioritize projects! Right now Onitsha is a mess except GRA and a couple other spots, let him focus on getting Onitsha to a city we can be very proud to showcase.

^^^What's come over you?......you're starting to sound like me! undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ChinoElects: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2013
Anambra adigo mma..

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 9:54am On Dec 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^What's come over you?......you're starting to sound like me! undecided
I think we are pretty much on the same boat wink
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by biafranqueen: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: No town in Anambra needs dual lane roads like Nnewi, 2 months i was stuck in heavy traffic right in front of the teaching hospital, for close to 20 minutes, the bus i was in was immobile, i was stunned when i later learnt the traffic was caused by an overloaded marwa(keke napep) that broke down in the middle of the road! The roads apart from being single lanes are just too narrow! angry, and Nnewi ppl too are not helping matters, they raise 3storeys and 4 storeys so close to the road, that if any Govt wanted to dualise those roads, it would spend more money compensating locals for demolisions than it would pay contractors for actual construction! Anambra needs a hard,heartless Governor if you ask me! angry
Hum Nna you have broken down the jest of of it all. All that is in a Nnewi was built in the 70s by the people, it's about time the government lends a helping hand even the Government buildings are leased out from citizens, is it because we are so industrious they expect us to keep doing it for ourselves!
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 10:18am On Dec 10, 2013
Mods lock this thread now!!! Too much brainwashing by Peter obi goons going on. smh
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe: Mods lock this thread now!!! Too much brainwashing by Peter obi goons going on. smh
[b] Freegloble Nwanna kedu ije? I understand your dislike and displeasure towards Obi, i want to let you know that just like you, i never liked Obi, neither did i like his stooge obiano, if you recall vividly, i was amongst those campiagning for Ngige on this forum, but Alas Ngige lost, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, i have the interest of Anambra @ heart more than Anything else, thus, i wont because i dont like Obi, decide to rubbish any good he does for Anambra. Anambra bu nkeanyi nile, if you decide to engage in a Campaign of Calumny against Obi, simply because you feel( i feel so too) Ngige was rigged out, be sure that the bigger damage will be on the state as a whole.
The other time you created a thread showcasing the bad sides of Awka( mostly federal property) just to rubbish Obi and label him an 'Incompetent Administrator', do you know how many investors you might have driven away with that one singular act? Do you know that thread might have changed someone's perception of Awka(an Anambra as a whole) forever?? I'm not against constructive criticism, but spreading malicious lies just to pull someone down is outright wickedness. Tommorow if Eko ile(Aka agbameta,plaindealer) puts up that pic on any thread and calls it 'Awka' would i have the gall to call him a liar, since it was my brother tha put it up?
Mind you, till now, i find it difficult liking obiano, but i know i have no choice than to give him my backing and hopes he performs better. So nwannem oma, join us in making Anambra better, elections will come and go, Governors will come and go, but Anambra will remain, so if you denigrate your state today, because you hate Obi, what makes you think people's perception of that state will change tommorow if Soludo,Ngige or Dora becomes Governor
FreeGlobe, think about it. Chukwu gozie gi nwannem! wink. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:02am On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe: Mods lock this thread now!!! Too much brainwashing by Peter obi goons going on. smh
Double post
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ChinoElects: 11:13am On Dec 10, 2013
Inno, well said I have tried so much to get my brother Freeglobe to see the bigger picture but he has refused. Do you know that freeglobe is from same town(Uga) as myself. He needs to understand that its all about Anambra and not about any individual.

I work for any penny I earn, I have not benefited in monetary terms from Obi's government but I have seen the good works he is doing. I would have supported Andy Uba who happens to come from my town Uga but I chose to switch tent since it is all about the good of Anambra.

I wish my brother freeglobe will oneday see the bigger picture am talking about.

Udo!

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Freegloble Nwanna kedu ije? I understand your dislike and displeasure towards Obi, i want to let you know that just like you, i never liked Obi, neither did i like his stooge obiano, if you recall vividly, i was amongst those campiagning for Ngige on this forum, but Alas Ngige lost, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, i have the interest of Anambra @ heart more than Anything else, thus, i wont because i dont like Obi, decide to rubbish any good he does for Anambra. Anambra bu nkeanyi nile, if you decide to engage in a Campaign of Calumny against Obi, simply because you feel( i feel so too) Ngige was rigged out, be sure that the bigger damage will be on the state as a whole.
The other time you created a thread showcasing the bad sides of Awka( mostly federal property) just to rubbish Obi and label him an 'Incompetent Administrator', do you know how many investors you might have driven away with that one singular act? Do you know that thread might have changed someone's perception of Awka(an Anambra as a whole) forever?? I'm not against constructive criticism, but spreading malicious lies just to pull someone down is outright wickedness. Tommorow if Eko ile(Aka agbameta,plaindealer) puts up that pic on any thread and calls it 'Awka' would i have the gall to call him a liar, since it was my brother tha put it up?
Mind you, till now, i find it difficult liking obiano, but i know i have no choice than to give him my backing and hopes he performs better. So nwannem oma, join us in making Anambra better, elections will come and go, Governors will come and go, but Anambra will remain, so if you denigrate your state today, because you hate Obi, what makes you think people's perception of that state will change tommorow if Soludo,Ngige or Dora becomes Governor
FreeGlobe, think about it. Chukwu gozie gi nwannem! wink. [/b]
Spoken well, I understand your point but what I don't like is how the governor tries to deceive people he is working and how crafty he is. If he is not whooping up all these propagandas about his performance, I wouldn't even care what's going on. I posted those pics to deflate the propaganda when it was at its peak. our people need to be enlightened. Its nothing personal, just that I dislike him and will stop when he leaves. I could be part of his govt if I want, I have his number, the deputy governor visits us frequently in his capacity, so you get my drift.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Spoken well, I understand your point but what I don't like is how the governor tries to deceive people he is working and how crafty he is. If he is not whooping up all these propagandas about his performance, I wouldn't even care what's going on. I posted those pics to deflate the propaganda when it was at its peak. our people need to be enlightened. Its nothing personal, just that I dislike him and will stop when he leaves. I could be part of his govt if I want, I have his number, the deputy governor visits us frequently in his capacity, so you get my drift.
*Chokes on Irish potatoes and dies*
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Smuthx(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Nwa nne/nna. Not sure. This your hatred for Gov. Peter Obi administration is because you are directly not benefiting 4rm it. Thats low (no offence). So you have his digits, put a call through. You wil not regret it.
By the way. Are you on Ngige's staff paylist? Beause the way you rubbish Obi govt. It's disturbing. If you are a neutral (not payed by Ngige) and have this hatred for Gov Obi adminstration no matter how little or large he has achieved for 8 years. Then you seriously need (need I say more..)

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Cuche: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Can somebody assure me that this Oyibo investor to partner in these projects is not the thief himself?
This is because in projects like this it turns out the South African investors is only the face of one and only Mr. Obi like it is with Sabmiller and others while the Anambra gets just 7% stakes in it for the 'future of our children' an individual who turns out to be the Gov., owns 75% equity in the business. This is why I dislike Obi, he is so crafty and dishonest
They are good projects if they actually belong to Anambra State

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by ChinoElects: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Anambra adigo mma..
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by Cuche: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
one.east1:

Did u bother to read thru the passage? Sabmiller, Orient pet and other foriegn investors are already attracting high networth people from around the world to Anambra, so such facilities as this will host such class of people. That why the construction of the Onitsha Resort /convention center and Agulu lake resorts and convention centers are going on.
Foreign investors?
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
oH.. SEE WHAT PEOPLE ACROSS THE NIGER CALL 5 STARS HOTEL shocked Imagine if they had Intercontinental Hotel built over there, I am sure they would call the THRONE OF GOD!

Who is the sane human that take Peter Obi serious? undecided
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by OreMI22: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
How far with this hotel?
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by newbies56: 10:27am On May 21, 2015
What's the latest with this Resort
Re: 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center Under-Construction In Awka (pictures) by obaino860: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sloan:
Even a more open Cross Rivers with beautiful sites and girls tried very hard with Tinapa Resort tried so hard and is barely surviving, is it Anambra that is much more close-minded and the only clients they will get are mostly ibos (99%) that will do wonders seeing that if you are not from Anambra or iboland, you would only go to this state for only as few days as possible. Even ibos are moving away from iboland, when will we start reading stories of people moving to the place or leaving Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun, Abuja, even PH or Cross Rivers (Tinapa) to go and host a convention or sleep in Anambra? How are they going to get there? Is it by driving through the states they are most certainly guaranteed to be kidnapped, whether they approach through Delta State or through other states from the east?

which region has d highest no of hotels...and d hotels at owerri, is it d yoruba DAT have been petronising it?d Igbo grows their economy by themselves......d foreign customers from other west Africa country DAT comes to Onitsha to buy goods,,do da sleep in osun state?...da occupy dis places until da are Don with their purchase.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Receives PDP Governors In Enugu (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is An Enemy Of Ndigbo. By Ugonna Utulor / Sanwo-Olu Sets December Deadline For Rellocation Of Oko-baba Saw Millers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.