Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (11376 Views)

Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Ayomax(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2013
person wey suppose dey inside jail
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by crazygod(m): 9:48am On Dec 10, 2013
And I tot I've seen everything. Nawa o. End time tinz.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Desdola(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2013
A welcomed development. Just hope she use her office to better Nigeria.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by oshyno(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Beat me to read how some people ascribe some achievements to Nigeria as a Nation. But when it has to with bad news, it is GEJ administration. It is very necessary we give kudos and knocks when its due. Congrats GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by jerrymania(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2013
unpopular thread. Nigerians knows the devil's cohorts in government, so when topics about them comes up, we dont bother to waste our time on it. we leave it for the bootlickers with no shame.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by eluquenson(m): 9:55am On Dec 10, 2013
End Time appointment, how does that affect the price of PMS in Nigeria, I beg am very busy now
Later
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by iterator25: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Like this post for the sake of it
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2013
The rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The son keeps lashing out our oil mani to dbanj popping alexandra amosu in a parlour/air party. #GodIsWatching
U need to see the fat bast.ard looking like a reta.rd. And that dbanj be oil hand. B4 na gbenga daniel pikin him dey roll with now na Allison-Madueke pikin
Iku ni yii o pa gbogbo won.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by profvic3: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2013
behold Gej opens anoda opportunity for severe looting nd embezzlement of public fund..nd ASUU is stil on strike.all.hail d great Madibo.gudluck thiefnathan cry

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by omogidi234(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2013
MajeMedia: Forbes person of the year - Agriculture
IMF second runner up for IMF Presidency - Finance
Central Banker Manager of the Year (world wide) - Central Bank
Alternate President of OPEC - Petroleum

i'm smiling

Please can you tell me how this will better the life of an average Nigerian.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Igwe9(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2013
teknology: Naija a country where the poor gets poorer and the rich gets richer go help Minister for petroleum and now opec alternate president
Blame it on laziness not the government, besides, some people have a deep rooted poverty mentality and there's nothing you anybody can do about it. even if you gave them 1 billion naira , they'd still be found in that same poverty state in a month time.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by biafranqueen: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2013
wesley80: Mennn, this is bad news o! Someone in GEJ's govt just made progress and APC's e-rats wont be liking it. How are some folks going to sleep this night considering how they hate this woman? I'm thinking a lot of folks will be gulping down sachets of valium5 just to get bye too bad when they wake up her face will be all over the dailies too, Oh dear!
you people know how to rub it in grin Congrats to Madame she is a Nigerian, I wonder how some people can live with upset stomach everyday for progress wink
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by jeamie(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2013
1MCN: The minister of Petroluem in Nigeria, Mrs Deziani Allison-Madueke has been elected an Alternate President of the Organization of Petroluem Exporting Countries OPEC. Leaders of the two main oil and gas unions in Nigeria, NUPENG and PENGSSAN have hailed the development, describing it a good omen for the nation's economy. They were happy that her position will increase the voting right of Nigeria at the OPEC.

Sourced from Raypower fm
anoda way to steal...mitcheew
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by rozayx5(m): 10:08am On Dec 10, 2013

i'm smiling

was at his thanksgiving at house on the rock (lekki) on Sunday, i must say GEJ appointed the best Minister i have ever seen to mount the Agric post
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by rozayx5(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2013
omogidi234:

Please can you tell me how this will better the life of an average Nigerian.

Thanks.

your waiting for the Government to make life better

i laugh in itsekiri, if you dont use brains in Naija life will never be better grin
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by sonickay(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2013
wesley80: Mennn, this is bad news o! Someone in GEJ's govt just made progress and APC's e-rats wont be liking it. How are some folks going to sleep this night considering how they hate this woman? I'm thinking a lot of folks will be gulping down sachets of valium5 just to get bye too bad when they wake up her face will be all over the dailies too, Oh dear!
Oh good lord, Wesley Snipe-Anything again. How long will you continue these pre-programmed vituperations? I salute ů̶̲̥я̲ ingenuity Sir, Mandela referred to you as well, a hardworking and committed Nigerian who doesn't take any wipe at No 1 Nigerian as a joke. Good day, snipe them all before I come back.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Omooba77: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2013

i'm smiling
With what I read about Egina project, this woman is fair enough. Many people forget that her husband was once a military administrator and she herself used to be ED in SHELL.............Peopl just love smacking other people's name in mud...........
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by takedat(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We cannot be deceived by your subtle attempt to reduce the significance of this development. Fact is, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, has become the FIRST woman to be appointed President in the history of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Read more below.

I have advised you to rise above pettiness. Did you not see where I congratulated her? I only tried to clarify where @Op stated that "she will help increase Nigeria's voting right in her capacity as president of OPEC" which isn't quite the case. Nairaland is not a political battlefield, it is a place where we enlighten ourselves. Only sick grovelers despise the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by eHustler(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Oya na make we celebrate!

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by yousee(m): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2013
1MCN:
I've learned from experience that when a human being is desperate for a thing they can become either so aggressive or so humble but as soon as they get what they want and the pain of the want wanes they seem to forget too soon. Ember months used to be the period that records the highest cases of domestic fire incidents in this country. That used to be due to people buying and storing petrol around their homes for use during the yuletide festivities as the commodity was harder than a goldmine. Today is Dec. 9th no rumour of impending fuel scarcity (artificial or real) and you walk or drive into a filling station and you collect what you want without any stress whatsoever. In fact, most of the stations are running promos this Christmas season. I tell you solemnly, Nigeria may never have an administration like this again in its history if it doesn't take time.

O boy, those days na war o! We queued and hustled just to enjoy xmas. Thank God its over now.

We quickly forget where we have come from in this country.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Edygrin(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2013
Dre19: presidential slut
Opposition Slave
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by khattab02: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25: Like this post for the sake of it
lol.. U funny oo. Soliciting for like. Na wa o..
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by khattab02: 10:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Igwe.:

Blame it on laziness not the government, besides, some people have a deep rooted poverty mentality and there's nothing you anybody can do about it. even if you gave them 1 billion naira , they'd still be found in that same poverty state in a month time.
Irony!
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2013

i'm smiling
how has any of these made the life of the ordinary nigerian better?
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Alishachris: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We cannot be deceived by your subtle attempt to reduce the significance of this development. Fact is, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, has become the FIRST woman to be appointed President in the history of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Read more below.

shocked So you are now supporting a 'sourceless' news?
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by bamidotcom: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2013
tomakint: This is the kind of good news I like to read, kudos and a big congratulation to Diezani for a well deserved honour! Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, may you live long as your administration keep putting us on world map for good, you are working, haters are dying grin grin what more can we wish for!

Texts like this makes you understand in an instant, the myopic mindset of the writer, who obviously believes that governance and good leadership lies within the confines of receipts of awards by persons in government who do not get these awards for real achievements in their own countries but as a result of political strategic positioning for western lobbying and gains of investments. How truly does such recognition affect the lives of the citizenry to deserve the praise its getting. In the midst of abject poverty,underdevelopment of infrastructure and visible non punitive corruption, we pick and celebrate a president who lacks the integrity to run the affairs of the country, clearly a case of ignorance and complacency on the part of the writer.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by nalu77: 11:01am On Dec 10, 2013
how will that change the cup of garri in the market. congrate sha
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by lafuria1(m): 11:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Will this translate to decrease in oil bunkering, oil subsidy thefts,? Nigerians have always gotten several awards but ends up on the wall of their office, it doesn't translate to Any meaningful progress.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by solomon111(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2013
What can i say?
People don't value what they've till they lose it.
I will be here on nairaland in years to come, when people would wish for a progressive, technocrat-driven govt like GEJ's,but by then GEJ will be resting in his village and laughing them all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki Set For Supreme Court Over Fg’s Denial Of Freedom After 3 Bails / Buhari, Oshiomhole, Yahaya Bello Meet In Aso Rock / 'Let T B Joshua Heal Your Husband' - Turai Urged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.