Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733316 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:33am On Jan 20, 2019
perfect grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Baschweinsteiger:
Rein your savagery in.

I wasn't talking about the movie as a whole.
I was referring to the part where he went beast mode on his daughter's condition.

Considering how he got the information.
That was an overkill and unethical angry
More like trading with insiders information.

there's a reason why 'personal' is the most deadliest weapon you can use when battling an opponent. That's why I said you're dead lyrically because you're just what I said, DEAD LYRICALLY.

Now stop b!tching around and go to church.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2019
What makes you think I must be a churchgoer.

I might be dead lyrically but you are DEAD PRESUMPTUOUSLY
AHCB:
there's a reason why 'personal' is the most deadliest weapon you can use when battling an opponent. That's why I said you're dead lyrically because you're just what I said, DEAD LYRICALLY.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:08am On Jan 20, 2019
grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2019
Baschweinsteiger:

yen yen yen tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2019
Baschweinsteiger:

Savage.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
AHCB:

AHCB,

Bros why?

Why u like beef like this?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
is it your beef?
JeromeBlack:

AHCB,
Bros why?
Why u like beef like this?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dreyl(m): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Reign of supermen 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
please.. I need interesting movies to watch
any recommendations?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Reign Of The Supermen..5.8/10
Genre:Animation

There was nothing spectacular about this movie content wise, it was basically a refurbishment/modification of the Superman Doomsday concept. Death of Superman + Reign of the Supermen =Superman Doomsday. Its a solid 5.8 for me, because of the animation & the modifications.

NB: I love both coys(Marvel & Dc), & am not a proponent of the Marvel/DC fan wars.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
There is probably no top Hollywood director more inconsistent than M. Night Shyamalan. He's practically Mr. Hit or miss... you never know what you're gonna get. There are directors that you can always count on to churn out hits after hits, for instance, Chris Nolan, and this mexican guy that directed The Revenant - can't recall his name right now - have movies that are always on point. Alas, M. f**king Night Shyamalan isn't one of these consistently good directors. His notorious inconsistencies have stunted him career-wise.

So disappointed with Glass. I expected him to f**k it up, heck, I even expressed my doubts in a brief post, last year.

GREAT MOVIES THAT COULD BE RUINED BY 2019 SEQUEL(S)

- It: Based on Stephen King novel of the same name, everyone knows there is more to come, yet this is a typical example of a movie that can easily be ruined by the planned sequel.
- Den of Thieves: Would have made for a decent standalone, but somehow, a sequel is planned, and could massively ruined what is presently a decent heist movie with a twist.
- Unbroken trilogy: The last part of the trilogy Glass is billed to premiere early 2019, and could well go very wrong, thereby ruining the legacies of the earlier 2. M. Shyamalan can't be trusted.
- Avengers franchise: The newest bit of the Avengers franchise is planned for next year, and could either be force majeure or a colossal f**kup that could ultimately send the whole franchise toppling down.
- Toy Story: Toy story 1, 2 and 3 were really good and could have made for a perfect trilogy. Alas, the newest sequel planned for 2019 could very well ruin all that. Here's to hoping it won't tank.
- Top Gun: The original Top Gun introduced me to Tom Cruise, and has gone on to be inspirations for many flight movies. Such an enviable legacy may become all but history if the sequel planned for next year were to bomb in the box office.
- John Wick: The last bit (I hope) will be on theaters early 2019, and could be catalytical in the worst possible way.

... it hurts that my doubts have become a reality.

I don't know how someone that is capable of near perfect masterpieces like Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, could create a dumpster fire like Glass?? Well done, Shyamalan, way to ruin a good trilogy.

5/10, btw. Nonsense film.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
The Top 10 DC Animated Films Ever Made.

10. Justice League War
Action packed and interesting. I recommend this one for the newbies.

9. Throne Of Atlantis
If you've seen this one, you've already seen 20% of the new Aquaman movie.
Although in this one Aquaman had help and his half brother King Orm actually killed their mother to take the throne and the trident...!!!

8. Batman vs Robin
This one is a bit like Under the Red Hood but here Damian Wayne is the person still battling with Batman's no-kill rule.
This film explores serious themes just like Red Hood did.

7. Justice League: Gods and Monsters.
Set in an alternate reality where Superman is the son of Zod instead of Jor-El and the JL is much more brutal.
This animated film is emotional, action packed and a must-see for every DC fan.

6. Batman: Assault on Arkham.
Someone on this thread said he watched Assault on Arkham to console himself after watching the shitfest Suicide Squad movie of 2016 cheesy
I wouldn't blame him cuz this animated film is everything the Suicide Squad movie should have been.
It was thrilling, satisfying, funny, the twist and turns were well executed and it keeps you at the edge of your seat from start to finish.
I love every bit of it.

5. Justice League Doom.
Concerned that his fellow league members might go rogue , Batman documents all their weaknesses in a contingency plan than can neutralize his league teammates.
The plan was so good that a group of villains stole it and used it against the league.
This animated film will make you realize what a smart-ass Batman can be. He is the most powerful league member even though he is the only one among them without special abilities.

4. The Dark Knight returns part 1
A 55 year old Bruce Wayne comes out of retirement to become Batman again and fight his old nemesis in a Gotham city that has sunken deeper into lawlessness.
The Dark Knight returns part 1 is dark, captivating and intense.

3. The Dark Knight returns part 2
Part 1 was good but part 2 was great. I haven't seen many Batman animations and this just makes you want to watch more.
The plot is great and dark, the way it should be. There is plenty of action (shooting, fighting, chases). Two epic battles, just non stop action, bloody action as well.
This animated film felt like a 2 hour movie and honestly it is one of the best Batman films in history.

2. Justice League :The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox" is a near-perfect adaptation of the critically acclaimed story arc that ushered in the reboot of the DC Universe.
It had relatable complex heroes with tragic past and cynical attitudes, the action was frenzy and the writing was great, deep and emotional too.
Flashpoint Paradox is definitely one of the best DC animated films you will ever see.

1. Batman Under the Red Hood
After getting killed by Joker, former Robin Jason Todd is ressurected and he returns to Gotham as Red Hood. A brutal vigilante and antihero with no regard for the moral code Batman taught him. Red Hood tries push Batman to break his no-kill rule and eliminate the joker but will he?
Batman Under the Red Hood is dark, serious, epic, intense with well defined emotional underpinnings.
Arguably the best DC animated film ever made.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
There is probably no top Hollywood director more inconsistent than M. Night Shyamalan. He's practically Mr. Hit or miss... you never know what you're gonna get. There are directors that you can always count on to churn out hits after hits, for instance, Chris Nolan, and this mexican guy that directed The Revenant - can't recall his name right now - have movies that are always on point. Alas, M. f**king Night Shyamalan isn't one of these consistently good directors. His notorious inconsistencies have stunted him career-wise.

So disappointed with Glass. I expected him to f**k it up, heck, I even expressed my doubts in a brief post, last year.

I don't know how someone that is capable of near perfect masterpieces like Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, could create a dumpster fire like Glass?? Well done, Shyamalan, way to ruin a good trilogy.

Shyamalan is one of those directors that disappoints when you expect to him to do a good job.

I will never forgive that bastard for what he did to Last Airbender angry

I grew up watching Aang and his friends but Shyamalan disgraced the memorable cartoon with a horrible movie angry

Glass bad reviews doesn't surprise me one bit.

I fücking hate Shyamalan angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nice one, tnx 4 the heads' up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

10. Justice League War

9. Throne Of Atlantis
Although in this one Aquaman had help and his half brother King Orm actually killed their mother to take the throne and the trident...!!!

8. Batman vs Robin
This one is a bit like Under the Red Hood but here Damian Wayne is the person still battling with Batman's no-kill rule.

Set in an alternate reality where Superman is the son of Zod instead of Jor-El and the JL is much more brutal.

Someone on this thread said he watched Assault on Arkham to console himself after watching the shitfest Suicide Squad movie of 2016 cheesy
I wouldn't blame him cuz this animated film is everything the Suicide Squad movie should have been.
It was thrilling, satisfying, funny, the twist and turns were well executed and it keeps you at the edge of your seat from start to finish.
I love every bit of it.

5. Justice League Doom.
Concerned that his fellow league members might go rogue , Batman documents all their weaknesses in a contingency plan than can neutralize his league teammates.
The plan was so good that a group of villains stole it and used it against the league.
This animated film will make you realize what a smart-ass Batman can be. He is the most powerful league member even though he is the only one among them without special abilities.

A 55 year old Bruce Wayne comes out of retirement to become Batman again and fight his old nemesis in a Gotham city that has sunken deeper into lawlessness.

Part 1 was good but part 2 was great. I haven't seen many Batman animations and this just makes you want to watch more.
The plot is great and dark, the way it should be. There is plenty of action (shooting, fighting, chases). Two epic battles, just non stop action, bloody action as well.
This animated film felt like a 2 hour movie and honestly it is one of the best Batman films in history.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox" is a near-perfect adaptation of the critically acclaimed story arc that ushered in the reboot of the DC Universe.
It had relatable complex heroes with tragic past and cynical attitudes, the action was frenzy and the writing was great, deep and emotional too.
Flashpoint Paradox is definitely one of the best DC animated films you will ever see.

After getting killed by Joker, former Robin Jason Todd is ressurected and he returns to Gotham as Red Hood. A brutal vigilante and antihero with no regard for the moral code Batman taught him. Red Hood tries push Batman to break his no-kill rule and eliminate the joker but will he?
Batman Under the Red Hood is dark, serious, epic, intense with well defined emotional underpinnings.

Nice list you've got here! Have seen 1, 3, 4 and 7. Aces, the whole bunch. When it comes to animated comic adaptations, DCEU is light years ahead of Marvel pretty much the same way MCU is much better in live-action comic adaptations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
mekaprime:

Nice one, tnx 4 the heads' up.
Lolz.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

Shyamalan is one of those directors that disappoints when you expect to him to do a good job.

I will never forgive that bastard for what he did to Last Airbender angry

I grew up watching Aang and his friends but Shyamalan disgraced the memorable cartoon with a horrible movie angry

Glass bad reviews doesn't surprise me one bit.

I fücking hate Shyamalan angry

You're not alone. The guy irks me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

10. Justice League War

9. Throne Of Atlantis

8. Batman vs Robin

I love every bit of it.

5. Justice League Doom.

Nice list, but if I may ask, what's your criteria for listing these 10 animated movies as DC top ten animated movies ever made?? This ratings of yours, is it subjective or objective
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
mekaprime:

Nice list, but if I may ask, what's your criteria for listing these 10 animated movies as DC top ten animated movies ever made?? This ratings of yours, is it subjective or objective

It is subjective but most people would not have a top ten list of DC animated films without mentioning 1-7 in no particular order.

So the list is not just my opinion but popular opinion too.

1-5 especially were really the best ever made.
The overwhelming rave reviews attest to this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

It is subjective but most people would not have a top ten list of DC animated films without mentioning 1-7 in no particular order.

So the list is not just my opinion but popular opinion too.
popular opinion base on who and who? I honestly feel justice League: dark should be on your list of so called popular opinion, but looks like it's missing.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
AHCB:
popular opinion base on who and who? I honestly feel justice League: dark should be on your list of so called popular opinion, but looks like it's missing.

Justice League Dark would have been there but then I would have to extend the list.

The only film that JLD can replace in that list is War but apart from that this list is very solid and popular opinion attest to at least 80% of it.

Name your top ten.

If 1-5 and 7 is not there, I will drop my cap and run out of this thread cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

Justice League Dark would have been there but then I would have to extend the list.

The only film that JLD can replace in that list is War but apart from that this list is very solid and popular opinion attest to at least 80% of it.

Name your top ten.

If 1-5 and 7 is not there, I will drop my cap and run out of this thread cheesy
my top ten? Well... you also missed batman and Robin and also justice League vs teen titans and justice League Judas contract.

I just might drop my own top ten DC animated movies. But I seriously can't type epistles now. May be later.

By the way, where did you get this popular opinion from?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
All movies recommended here for the past one month have been a hit back to back cheesy

Hope it continues this way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
AHCB:

By popular opinion, I think he meant the overwhelming ratings some of the movies got from some of best review sites online. His 1-4 was quite undisputed, so I agree with him. Then if am being subjective, Justice league war, Justice league Gods & monsters, & Justice League Judas contract, would be included in my top ten list.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
AHCB:
my top ten? Well... you also missed batman and Robin and also justice League vs teen titans and justice League Judas contract.

I just might drop my own top ten DC animated movies. But I seriously can't type epistles now. May be later.

By the way, where did you get this popular opinion from?

Batman vs Robin you mean...
Cuz Batman and Robin is a 1997 movie and Batman vs Robin was miles better than that.
JL vs TT was very entertaining but it lacked depth, at least 7 out of 10 films on that list offered more than just action.
Flashpoint was emotional.
Red Hood scrutinised Batman's moral compass.
TDK returns 1 and 2 were vey serious and explored dark themes.
Doom was focused on the issue of trust.
JL gods and monsters explored a dark, brutal side of an alternate JL.
All these films tend to provoke your thoughts a little bit, it draws you in and relates with characters with serious issues you find in the real world.

JL vs TT and Judas Contract were just action flicks and popcorn films.
It shouldn't be anywhere near top 10.(personal opinion)

And I'm saying this as someone who saw both films this year.
I saw Red Hood 7 years ago...!!!

About popular opinion, I combined word of the mouth from Reddit, Imdb, audience reviews.
I weighed each film and came up with the list.

Only 20% of that list came from my personal POV.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
alexistaiwo:
All movies recommended here for the past one month have been a hit back to back cheesy

Hmm...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Abeg which Data plan you dey use smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NiggasInParis: 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
The Nutcracker and The four Realms.... grin
Come on, run along you all-- Go watch this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
BlackManta:

Batman vs Robin you mean...
Cuz Batman and Robin is a 1997 movie and Batman vs Robin was miles better than that.
JL vs TT was very entertaining but it lacked depth, at least 7 out of 10 films on that list offered more than just action.
Flashpoint was emotional.
Red Hood scrutinised Batman's moral compass.
TDK returns 1 and 2 were vey serious and explored dark themes.
Doom was focused on the issue of trust.
JL gods and monsters explored a dark, brutal side of an alternate JL.
All these films tend to provoke your thoughts a little bit, it draws you in and relates with characters with serious issues you find in the real world.

JL vs TT and Judas Contract were just action flicks and popcorn films.
It shouldn't be anywhere near top 10.(personal opinion)

And I'm saying this as someone who saw both films this year.
I saw Red Hood 7 years ago...!!!

About popular opinion, I combined word of the mouth from Reddit, Imdb, audience reviews.
I weighed each film and came up with the list.

Only 20% of that list came from my personal POV.

yeah I meant batman vs Robin.

If you're saying Justice league vs teen titan lacked depth then I shouldn't be arguing with you.

Good night.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Franklinezenwa: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hunter Killer 8/10.
Very Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: jiggar(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.