Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3730342 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (3829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
continuing deceiving yourself,DC cannot even outsell marvel in comic book sales

Bring your proof right here, right now angry

This is not up for debate.

Spiderman, X-men and Captain America combined could not outsell Batman and Superman comic books.

https://itsalljustcomics.com/all-time-record-comic-book-sales/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/583041/best-selling-comic-books/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
Just finished watching Trance.

I swear, I should bring cane and start flogging people here for overhyped reviews. angry

How is this film like inception? The only similarity is that they are both psychological thrillers. Of which Inception delves into science fiction.

Don't get me wrong; Trance is a good movie but it is no where near the intellectual challenge that is inception.

Trance - 7/10

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2019

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:06am On Feb 25, 2019
MJBOLT:

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=224185

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=205749

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=173121

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=158790

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=143837

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=129876

I posted all time record sales and this one is busy cherry picking a few years.

What a loser grin

This thing you posted is trash compared to all time record sales... grin

In fact no Marvel character will ever top Batman and Superman as one of the best selling comic book characters of all time undecided

Stick to your place and be humble.
The success at the big screen is starting to inflate your heads, you think you now own every category.

Nonsense.. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 3:46am On Feb 25, 2019
you uploaded all time sales from 2 different websites with no credibility,is it that bad?i could not upload all the links as far back as 2000 because of anti spam bot but i am glad the guys here will see how pathetic DC tards are with lies on this forum.hold your L in peace,you have been exposed,for those people who want to how marvel has been dealing with DC in comic book sales,kindly visit diamond comics website

#DCloser

BlackManta:

I posted all time record sales and this one is busy cherry picking a few years.

What a loser grin

This thing you posted is trash compared to all time record sales... grin

In fact no Marvel character will ever top Batman and Superman as one of the best selling comic book characters of all time undecided

Stick to your place and be humble.
The success at the big screen is starting to inflate your heads, you think you now own every category.

Nonsense.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 3:56am On Feb 25, 2019
today is a bad day for DC tards,Black Panther has won 2 Oscars already and Spider Verse has taken 1 home.WAKANDA FOREVER

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 4:30am On Feb 25, 2019
another one

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 6:19am On Feb 25, 2019
Black Panther is the Comic Book Movie with the most Oscar wins

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 6:27am On Feb 25, 2019
FUN FACT-Black Panther has taken home 79 award wins from 220 nominations.

Greatest solo Superhero movie for a reason grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Breegz14(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2019
Hey troubleseller, Rami Malek won best actor at the oscars
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Shittaakeem(m): 7:24am On Feb 25, 2019
Today is a bad day for BP haters

7 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
you uploaded all time sales from 2 different websites with no credibility,is it that bad?i could not upload all the links as far back as 2000 because of anti spam bot but i am glad the guys here will see how pathetic DC tards are with lies on this forum.hold your L in peace,you have been exposed,for those people who want to how marvel has been dealing with DC in comic book sales,kindly visit diamond comics website

#DCloser

So his own link is website is credible but my mine is not.

Type the keyword on Google, multiple links are saying the same thing.

I posted two different links from two different sites but you only posted links from one particular site.

Who are we to trust that one site when I posted two

How credible is your own links undecided

Keep deceiving yourself.

Go check the all time record for yourself then undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2019
As expected...Black panther didn't win any awards based on plot, acting and delivery (Best picture), not a particularly great story line or plot... Kudos on the Best Score(Debatable), Best costume and production design these awards have nothing to do with the acting , delivery or plot tho.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2019
oyaskii:
As expected...Black panther didn't win any awards based on plot, acting and delivery (Best picture), not a particularly great story line or plot... Kudos on the Best Score(Debatable), Best costume and production design these awards have nothing to do with the acting , delivery or plot tho.
Now this is just pure hating. Like the kind that makes village people poison people or block their destiny. Yeah, that kind of hate.

Oh, and it's also making you look ignorant

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2019
Can someome tell me why captain marvel is getting so much negative reviews before it release... Mjbolt, hulk616 come and explain
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:43am On Feb 25, 2019
ignorance is a disease

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Comic_Distributors
BlackManta:

So his own link is website is credible but my mine is not.

Type the keyword on Google, multiple links are saying the same thing.

I posted two different links from two different sites but you only posted links from one particular site.

Who are we to trust that one site when I posted two

How credible is your own links undecided

Keep deceiving yourself.

Go check the all time record for yourself then undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2019
blingxx:
Can someome tell me why captain marvel is getting so much negative reviews before it release... Mjbolt, hulk616 come and explain
One olodo nyashless feminazi like that called Brie Larson, who just happens to be playing Captain Marvel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:47am On Feb 25, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
Now this is just pure hating. Like the kind that makes village people poison people or block their destiny. Yeah, that kind of hate.

Oh, and it's also making you look ignorant
Far from hate..i even gave kudos....Just stating facts but feel free to debate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 25, 2019
Kaycee7:
One olodo nyashless feminazi like that called Brie Larson, who just happens to be playing Captain Marvel.
like Wonder woman
Black panther won 3 Oscars. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 25, 2019
oyaskii:
DC fans crying grin grin
That's how one DC fan said DC is light years ahead of marvel in animated movie but 0 oscars grin grin

Black panther won 3 Oscars grin

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
even Hollywood reporter recognise diamond comics

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/top-selling-comics-2018-revealed-by-diamond-comic-distributors-1175531
even DC writers and artists like Scott synder, Williamson, Tim king, capello uses diamond comics

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2019
Kaycee7:

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 25, 2019
oyaskii:
Far from hate..i even gave kudos....Just stating facts but feel free to debate.

One fact for you
Black panther won 3 Oscars grin grin
Aquaman with the so called groundbreaking visuals didn't win lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:59am On Feb 25, 2019
blingxx:

Because of fake feminism.

Captain marvel is not a major superhero even with the fans.

Most people would have preferred a black widow movie first.

Even the Captain marvel comics don't sell as well as other marvel comics. Some people feel that it is forced diversity and feminist politics to have Captain Marvel instead of other more deserving heroes.

There is also the issue of Brie Larson not being a recognizable and experienced actress.....so there is some doubt on her ability.....but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Compare this to Wonderwoman in which the comic book character is widely recognised. Although people questioned if Gal Gadot could act the role well and she did....

The trailer of captain marvel did not look as fun as the other marvel ones. That too was a fctor.

Also note that the customers are always right. You cannot ignore what your fans are asking for and force your politics on them instead. This same thing happened to 2016 Ghostbusters, in which the fans asked for a sequel and they got an all-woman remake....the film got a lot of hate and flopped.

Mind you, I am a feminist but one must be careful how they mix politics and business. Also , diversity should not be forced.

I hope that Captain marvel comes out as a good movie......

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 25, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Because of fake feminism.

Captain marvel is not a major superhero even with the fans.

Most people would have preferred a black widow movie first.

Even the Captain marvel comics don't sell as well as other marvel comics. Some people feel that it is forced diversity and feminist politics to have Captain Marvel instead of other more deserving heroes.

There is also the issue of Brie Larson not being a recognizable and experienced actress.....so there is some doubt on her ability.....but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Compare this to Wonderwoman in which the comic book character is widely recognised. Although people questioned if Gal Gadot could act the role well and she did....
bric Larson has an Oscar undecided
DC fans are just jealous and pained.

They always say DC animation are the best and marvel are doing nonsense with their animation, but last year marvel released one animated movie and it won an Oscar compared to DC collection of trash.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2019
hulk616:
DC fans crying grin grin
That's how one DC fan said DC is light years ahead of marvel in animated movie but 0 oscars grin grin

Black panther won 3 Oscars grin
You should have just calmed down and see my comment isn't even DC related, since you want to drag irrelevant oscars...Superman won oscars for Best original score, film editing and sound mixing, Batman won for best art direction, Batman the dark knight won for Best supporting actor and best sound editing, as trashy as suicide squad was, also won an oscar But continue to be myopic.

Black panther wasn't a great film story line or plot wise and that's fact...cultural importance then i can start listening to you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2019
hulk616:
bric Larson has an Oscar undecided
DC fans are just jealous and pained.

They always say DC animation are the best and marvel are doing nonsense with their animation, but last year marvel released one animated movie and it won an Oscar compared to DC collection of trash.

Halle berry had an Oscar before she flopped with Catwoman.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 25, 2019
oyaskii:
You should have just calmed down and see my comment isn't even DC related, since you want to drag irrelevant oscars...Superman won oscars for Best original score, film editing and sound mixing, Batman won for best art direction, Batman the dark knight won for Best supporting actor and best sound editing, as trashy as suicide squad was, also won an oscar But continue to be myopic.

Black panther wasn't a great film story line or plot wise and that's fact...cultural importance then i can start listening to you.
but after all these
MCU 3
DCEU 1

Animation
Marvel 1
DC 0

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2019
oyaskii:

Feel free to point out plot holes in black panther. O will point out many in the dark Knight trilogy or any superman movie.

Having a simple and straightforward plot is not always a bad thing.

Also note that the villain in black panther is one of the few realistic villains in comic book movies.

All these black panther haters.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) ... (3829) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: omoowhe, Barrywhyte1(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.