Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3731492 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (3829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
A star is born. 10/10
My best movie of 2018.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
A star is born. 10/10
My best movie of 2018.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mafintin894(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
Sons of the Caliphate - Ebony Life TV
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2019
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse..8/10
Genre:Animation, Action, Adventure

Top notch animation, stunning visuals,great cast, amazing soundtrack,great humour, emotion, and heart, the art style was amazing. Everything but the storyline was exceptional. Don't get me wrong, the storyline wasn't bad, neither was it great.

The storyline wasn't that great in relation to the hype the movie is getting, I kinda expected more, but was left hanging. Come on, animation movie lovers let's be frank, leave the fan wars aside, storyline wise, DC is light years ahead of Marvel, despite their latest addition. It was like Marvel never had any specific audience in mind while writing the plot of the movie, unlike most DC animated movies that are rated R & meant for/ targeted at the matured audience. Overall, this movie had the best soundtrack I've ever heard in an action animated movie.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
yet no DC animation has an Oscar or comes close to the success of spider verse

mekaprime:

Top notch animation, stunning visuals,great cast, amazing soundtrack,great humour, emotion, and heart, the art style was amazing. Everything but the storyline was exceptional. Don't get me wrong, the storyline wasn't bad, neither was it great.

The storyline wasn't that great in relation to the hype the movie is getting, I kinda expected more, but was left hanging. Come on, animation movie lovers let's be frank, leave the fan wars aside, storyline wise, DC is light years ahead of Marvel, despite their latest addition. It was like Marvel never had any specific audience in mind while writing the plot of the movie, unlike most DC animated movies that are rated R & meant for/ targeted at the matured audience. Overall, this movie had the best soundtrack I've ever heard in an action animated movie.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:

Am not arguing that & am not here to make arguments on which is more successful than the other, am just stating what I observed & areas i'll like Marvel to concentrate on so as to make their animated movies the very best of the best.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2019
mekaprime:

most DC animated movies are R rated You don't know what you are saying, it's only that piece of trash called suicide squad that was R rated.
And DC light years ahead of marvel Even if you combine all the DC animated movie into one movie, it's not better than Spider-Man into the spider verse.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2019
mekaprime:

don't think because DC releases many animated movies does not mean they are light year than marvel.
Marvel produces QUALITY than DC collection of trash

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2019
They are already bitchin over someone's opinion grin grin

Fanboyism is a serious illness.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
most of their animations are not even as great as DC tards claim

hulk616:
most DC animated movies are R rated You don't know what you are saying, it's only that piece of trash called suicide squad that was R rated.
And DC light years ahead of marvel Even if you combine all the DC animated movie into one movie, it's not better than Spider-Man into the spider verse.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2019
hulk616:
most DC animated movies are R rated You don't know what you are saying, it's only that piece of trash called suicide squad that was R rated
Rated R, not necessarily. The key point there was target audience. IMO ,I enjoy animated movies that are specifically targeted for matured audience/viewers.

My good man, this ain't an argument. You simply went to my post & took the ones you liked, leaving out the vital ones. By light years, I was specific( plot/storyline).

IMO, Marvel/DC movies/animations shouldn't be rated here. It should simply be on the basis of watch & keep to your self.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
grin grin grin

Say "NO" to fanboyism!!

They just cannot admit that Into The Spiderverse is the best "comic book hero" animation out there.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:

Because unlike Into The Spiderverse, DC animation are released straight-to-video and not in theatres. The Academy only nominates films that have released in theatres in L.A for a specific period.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
hulk616:
don't think because DC releases many animated movies does not mean they are light year than marvel.
Marvel produces QUALITY than DC collection of trash

Dude have you seen batman:gotham knight? undecided o lord the animation was similar to spideyverse.. I seriously blame zack Snyder for f*cking up dc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2019
in this present day and age,someone still types rubbish like this undecided if we are talking matured audience animation then Boondocks,South Park,The Simpsons,Sausage party etc should be mentioned not DC animations

mekaprime:
Rated R, not necessarily. The key point there was target audience. IMO ,I enjoy animated movies that are specifically targeted for matured audience/viewers.

My good man, this ain't an argument. You simply went to my post & took the ones you liked, leaving out the vital ones. By light years, I was specific( plot/storyline).

IMO, Marvel/DC movies/animations shouldn't be rated here. It should simply be on the basis of watch & keep to your self.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2019
JeromeBlack:
grin grin grin

Say "NO" to fanboyism!!

They just cannot admit that Into The Spiderverse is the best "comic book hero" animation out there.

This is more sensible. The wahala was actually with those saying it is the best animation ever.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
troubleseller:
This is more sensible. The wahala was actually with those saying it is the best animation ever.

You know it!

There are great disney, pixar etc animations as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
overlord..... 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
DC f*cked up DC,Zack Synder biggest mistake is thinking he can make a Cinematic Franchise with DC characters

blingxx:

Dude have you seen batman:gotham knight? undecided o lord the animation was similar to spideyverse.. I seriously blame zack Snyder for f*cking up dc

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
the truth is DC has never and can never produce any animated movie on Spider Verse level

JeromeBlack:
grin grin grin

Say "NO" to fanboyism!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You know it!

There are great disney, pixar etc animations as well.
Not really. Don't get me wrong, the animation was friggin awesome but my preference is darker material like Under The Red Hood. But is Spiderverse the greatest CB animation ever? I wouldn't let my love for DC cloud my judgement and outrightly say no but I think it is in that discussion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
MJBOLT:
in this present day and age,someone still types rubbish like this undecided if we are talking matured audience animation then Boondocks,South Park,The Simpsons,Sausage party etc should be mentioned not DC animations

Nawa oo, some people self. see me see Walhalla oo, must I like what you like?? why attack me coz our likes & views differ?? And why bring the bolded into this?? didn't you see were I stated ACTION ANIMATED MOVIES.
And secondly, you don't have to be rude to make a point here. That its a faceless platform doesn't mean we shouldn't be civil while addressing each other here, it wouldn't take away anything from us to respond politely to one another, thanks.
For the sake of peace, let us agree to disagree.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olaboyeh(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2019
Youngbbt:

net9ja

How do.u use that site with so much ads and spams
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2019
blingxx:

yes and not better than Spider-Man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
mekaprime:

light years in plot and storyline Spider-Man is better than all these DC animated movies combined

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
troubleseller:
Not really. Don't get me wrong, the animation was friggin awesome but my preference is darker material like Under The Red Hood. But is Spiderverse the greatest CB animation ever? I wouldn't let my love for DC cloud my judgement and outrightly say no but I think it is in that discussion.
DC fans and their darkness but marvel bringing the light.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
troubleseller:
Because unlike Into The Spiderverse, DC animation are released straight-to-video and not in theatres. The Academy only nominates films that have released in theatres in L.A for a specific period.
nobody will waste their money watching trash called DC movies in theatres except DC fans

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2019
BlackManta:
They are already bitchin over someone's opinion grin grin

Fanboyism is a serious illness.
for DC fans because I don't understand why people will see nonsense and lipsrsealed and called it awesome

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2019
hulk616:
nobody will waste their money watching trash called DC movies in theatres except DC fans

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2019
hulk616:
DC fans and their darkness but marvel bringing the light.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2019
hulk616:
for DC fans because I don't understand why people will see nonsense and lipsrsealed and called it awesome

Stop arguing...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2019
continuing deceiving yourself,DC cannot even outsell marvel in comic book sales

BlackManta:

Stop arguing...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (3829) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: StPete and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.