Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3765094 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2019
why is it that Indian movies Abi Bollywood has much more downloads on f. z. m. o. v. i. e than Hollywood?.....

I feel like downloading and watching Bollywood movie.....

Cc mekaprime..... abeg any suggestions?......

I have seen 3 idiots.... drishyam.....krish..... Anjaana Anjaani......
I really like them

I need something lit featuring priyanka chopra
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2019
pryme:

That's too bad, it's sickening.He deserves all he gets and more.
However am just looking at the movie from the technical point of view.
Most war movies are like fairy tales compared to the real situation.

Yeah, in terms of recreating the harsh realities of war, it's right up there with Full Metal Jacket and Saving Private Ryan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:29am On Apr 02, 2019
Damfostopper:
why is it that Indian movies Abi Bollywood has much more downloads on f. z. m. o. v. i. e than Hollywood?.....

I really like them

Sorry to disappoint you bro, i don't watch Bollywood movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2019
mekaprime:
Sorry to disappoint you bro, i don't watch Bollywood movies.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Hate to rain on your parade, but Black Hawk Down is not exactly the gold standard for war films, in fact, it's one of Hollywood well kept secret. Nobody talks about it anymore, knowing what they know now.

The movie producers knowingly and deliberately changed the name of the soldier that was portrayed by Evan McGregor to hide a terrible secret from the unsuspecting public. What's the terrible secret? The original character portrayed by Evan McGregor - the so-called war hero - is currently serving a 30 year prison term for sexual molestation and rape. The rape victim? His six (6) year old daughter.

So, basically, a movie studio and a novelist made a tidy profit, by despicably benefiting from a child rape. Let that sink in for a moment.
At the bolded, that's very bad, The fact is that some of these so called war heroes never remain the same psychologically after the war.
Just as pryme aforesaid, from the technical point of view, the movie remains my gold standard for modern warfare movies.
in a lighter vein, koice, you do remind me of the Sheldon Cooper character of the BBT series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2019
armadeo:

Thanks..will wait for it.
RE: i have actually seen the web dl pop up this morning... Check Mkvcage
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2019
pryme:

Butterfly Effect = mind Bleep with flipping time travel
the one with Ashton kutcher? The movie was so dope..safely locked away in my all time favs folder...sadly critics thought differently
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2019
Zero, Dark Thirty Anyone?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 02, 2019
mekaprime:

in a lighter vein, koice, you do remind me of the Sheldon Cooper character of the BBT series.

[Horrified]

You mean the ITK guy? Surely, I'm not nearly as annoying?! shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Biggty(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2019
Darksider131:
Triple threat: 3/10

Triple frontier: 8/10
Irrespective of how generous of you, Triple Frontier deserve 4/10 maximum. Even though Ben Aflick is one of my favorite male actor, the plot of that movie is just wack.

Triple Threat is a story for another day. Like someone said here that he is staying clear of any movie that start with Triple am also doing the same.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2019
Damfostopper:

I really like them

My name is Khan
Kabil
Gangs of Wasseypur
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 02, 2019
Who told you that the taliban terrorists are untrained?

Just so you know, you don't have to enlist in conventional military service before you become a war dog.

Most terrorist cells military trainings are even tougher than your conventional training.

You think a warlord will give his RPGs and Aks to an untrained civilian turned terrorist to experiment on?

Forget all the hype.
Elite military trainings are usually most effective in covert operations, in an all out fire fight like what was witnessed in black hawk down, the side with the home advantage coupled with unlimited supply of reinforcement will always do the most damage.

Why is the northern part of the country still ravaged by terrorism?
Home advantage!

mekaprime:

You simply rated it the same way i would. Black hawk down remains my best modern war movie, it presents the gruesome reality of war. It was actually a journalist account of the 1993 raid in Mogadishu by the U.S. military, aimed at capturing faction leader Mohamed Farrah Aidid.

Every thing about the movie was top notch. The explosion scenes seemed so real to me that I was literally startled, i remember a scene were an RPG tore a US soldier into 2 & as the lad was fighting for dear life, his teary eyes made me literally feel his transition from shock to pain & finally to the cold hands of death.

And you know, if not for that chopper that came to their rescue that night, many more would have died because they were outflanked & outmaneuvered by heavily-armed Somalian Talibans. Many of the scenes in that movie, made me question myself as to if this was really the almighty US army the western media do portray to us, coz the way these untrained Talibans were matching them firepower for firepower at a ratio of 1-3 kills was shocking & unbelievable, well the western media is to be blame for that.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Who told you that the taliban terrorists are untrained?

Just so you know, you don't have to enlist in conventional military service before you become a war dog.

Most terrorist cells military trainings are even tougher than your conventional training.

You think a warlord will give his RPGs and Aks to an untrained civilian turned terrorist to experiment on?

Forget all the hype.
Elite military trainings are usually most effective in covert operations, in an
all out fire fight like what was witnessed in black hawk down, the side with the home advantage coupled with unlimited supply of reinforcement will always do the most damage.

Why is the northern part of the country still ravaged by terrorism?
Home advantage!

You made valid points until the bolded. A competent military force and government would have sent Boko Haram packing ages ago, without much fuss, home advantage or not. After all, It took Iraqi military just a few months to kick ISIS out from their Mosul stronghold. ISIS had "home advantage" and superior vantage points, but were unable to withstand the firepower of US-backed Iraqi military.

Home advantage is only valid when your adversary is considerably weaker.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2019
oyaskii:
the one with Ashton kutcher? The movie was so dope..safely locked away in my all time favs folder...sadly critics thought differently

Yeah Aston Kutcher,
sometimes critics could be a bunch of r3tards with access to a larger coverage.

You can imagine a movie like Under The Skin got a high rating of 84% percent. I rushed and watched the movie, after that I said fvck the critics and their corny ratings.
If you watch this movie you will easily get into a fight that day because you will be very pissed after wasting your time watching such can of shiit.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, in terms of recreating the harsh realities of war, it's right up there with Full Metal Jacket and Saving Private Ryan.

Saving Private Ryan - a classic and a masterpiece. just compare that classic to some recent war movies.
That's why I said they have lost it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
Vietnam war is a prime example of home advantage playing a vital role in keeping a considerably weaker side in the war
@bolded
And you think that we are not saying the same thing?

A military unit, sorry, let me break it down, a battalion strength is only as strong as each soldier's commitment to the cause.

You can have all the gadgets in the world, if your soldiers are not committed to the cause, it is all null and void.

I don't want to break national security protocol hence the need to beat around the bush but I think you should be able to get my point.

Besides don't whine me this afternoon, a US-backed Iraqi armed force is more than capable of invading most of the third world countries on planet earth, who is ISIS? grin

KoiceReloaded:

You made valid points until the bolded. A competent military force and government would have sent Boko Haram packing ages ago, without much fuss, home advantage or not. After all, It took Iraqi military just a few months to kick ISIS out from their Mosul stronghold. ISIS had "home advantage" and superior vantage points, but were unable to withstand the firepower of US-backed Iraqi military.

Home advantage is only valid when your adversary is considerably weaker.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
gustav25:

My name is Khan
Kabil
Gangs of Wasseypur
tanks.... I think I will go with gang of wasseypur..... part 1 and 2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
@bolded
And you think that we are not saying the same thing?

A military unit, sorry, let me break it down, a battalion strength is only as strong as each soldier's commitment to the cause.

You can have all the gadgets in the world, if your soldiers are not committed to the cause, it is all null and void.

I don't want to break national security protocol hence the need to beat around the bush but I think you should be able to get my point.

Besides don't whine me this afternoon, a US-backed Iraqi armed force is more than capable of invading most of the third world countries on planet earth, who is ISIS? grin

Hmmm... the deadliest and most sophisticated terrorism organisation since Al Queda? A terrorism sect that controlled most of Syria and Iraq at a certain point in history? A parent terrorism organization to Boko Haram? Don't underestimate them o. If they are to let loose all their fire power in Nigeria, we're done for. Our military are too unsophisticated and incompetent to stop a sophisticated and dedicated force like that.

You quoted me out of context regarding the "US-backed" Iraqi military force. I used backed as in intelligence support, not manpower. The victory is all Iraqi military, really. The US just showed them where to point and shoot, that's all.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Vietnam war is a prime example of home advantage playing a vital role in keeping a considerably weaker side in the war

The Vietnam war is an outlier, not the norm. Scanning historical wars, only very negligible times did home advantage help the indigenous force against a superior force. They are outliers because they broke the status-quo, but were too inconsistent and infrequent to establish a new world order.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
Damfostopper:
tanks.... I think I will go with gang of wasseypur..... part 1 and 2

Don't miss my name is khan
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
The US just showed them where to point and shoot
Information is the one of the most important tool of war.

Intelligence win wars.

KoiceReloaded:

Hmmm... the deadliest and most sophisticated terrorism organisation since Al Queda? A terrorism sect that controlled most of Syria and Iraq at a certain point in history? A parent terrorism organization to Boko Haram? Don't underestimate them o. If they are to let loose all their fire power in Nigeria, we're done for. Our military are too unsophisticated and incompetent to stop a sophisticated and dedicated force like that.

You quoted me out of context regarding the "US-backed" Iraqi military force. I used backed as in intelligence support, not manpower. The victory is all Iraqi military, really. The US just showed them where to point and shoot, that's all.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The US just showed them where to point and shoot
Information is the one of the most important tool of war.

Intelligence win wars.

Intelligence doesn't matter when you're outgunned.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
Intelligence will prevent you from being outgunned in the first place cheesy

KoiceReloaded:

Intelligence doesn't matter when you're outgunned.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Intelligence will prevent you from being outgunned in the first place cheesy

Nah. Not if your adversaries outnumbered you 3-1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
Intelligence will prevent you from being in that situation at all.

Nothing that a little airstrike after enemy combatants are sighted on ISR can't fix grin

KoiceReloaded:

Nah. Not if your adversaries outnumbered you 3-1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Intelligence will prevent you from being in that situation at all.

Nothing that a little airstrike after enemy combatants are sighted on ISR can't fix grin

Not if they keep coming. Eventually you're gonna run out of weapons, and they will still outnumber you 2-1.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
gustav25:

Don't miss my name is khan
thanks... is like have seen that one before
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
China are considered a world power not because of their technology but because of the sheer number of their military.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
I don't think the reason the Vietnam war was drawn out as long as it was due to "home advantage". What made the Vietcong IMO was the fact that the U.S were forced to engage in guerilla warfare. Not knowing for sure who to point and shoot at or who could point and shoot at you must be a whole different ballgame.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hold up undecided

Are you talking about China that is notorious in the military circle for cloning any military hardware clonable?

China have got mad military gadgets.
Check it up online.
KoiceReloaded:
China are considered a world power not because of their technology but because of the sheer number of their military.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
Not knowing who to shoot at is not home advantage at play abi?
Slowmojay:
I don't think the reason the Vietnam war was drawn out as long as it was due to "home advantage". What made the Vietcong IMO was the fact that the U.S were forced to engage in guerilla warfare. Not knowing for sure who to point and shoot at or who could point and shoot at you must be a whole different ballgame.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Hold up undecided

Are you talking about China that is notorious in the military circle for cloning any military hardware clonable?

China has got mad military gadgets.
Check it up online.

In terms of technology, they're nowhere as advanced as Japan (there's a reason UN doesn't allow Japan to have a military force), and yet I'd put my money on China if both were to engage in war fare (if Japan are finally allowed to have army, air force and navy of course).

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: fox97(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.