Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,571 members, 7,840,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3792484 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (3847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by louiskay(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
[i][/i][b][/b] grin grin grin grin grin grin DC for life..... we grew up knowing superman and batman.... grin

Not some overhyped, acclaimed emergency iros
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Chinese military's got mad tech, but so does Russia, UK and France, US and Nato. So it all boils down to numerical advantage... eventually. China has that edge over everyone else.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Don't twist history.
Where was China's superior military numbers when Japan invaded them in WWII

Japan doesn't have a military force because of the world war 2 settlement agreement and technically, they have a military force but they can't deploy outside Japan.

Same applies to their fellow Axis partner too (Germany)
KoiceReloaded:

In terms of technology, they're nowhere as advanced as Japan (there's a reason UN doesn't allow Japan to have a military force), and yet I'd put my money on China if both were to engage in war fare.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn1: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mukina2 and co, isn't it time antispermbot is removed from this site? Of what use is it if people like me can be banned for no just reason; not for posting suspicious links or insulting anyone or even breaking any rules, but for posting a reasonable post. My BEORN moniker has just been banned by Spermbot for a reason I'm still stressing my brain to figure out. This shit_ is very annoying. WTF?!!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Don't twist history.

Japan doesn't have a military force because of the world war 2 settlement agreement and technically, they have a military force but they can't deploy outside Japan.

That's what I meant. Japan doesn't have an external military force.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Don't twist history.

Germany has proven that she can be trusted again, thus, she can deploy her military for safe keeping missions nowadays, unlike Japan, whom is still in chains mainly due to UN been wary of her perpetually growing technology prowess and capability.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
Beorn1:
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mukina2 and co, isn't it time antispermbot is removed from this site? Of what use is it if people like me can be banned for no just reason; not for posting suspicious links or insulting anyone or even breaking any rules, but for posting a reasonable post. My BEORN moniker has just been banned by Spermbot for a reason I'm still stressing my brain to figure out. This shit_ is very annoying. WTF?!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn1: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, I don tire. If Seun doesn't want us to post on his site, let him kukuma tell us. Which kain nonsense is this?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Don't twist history.

Sophisticated and militaristic savvy Imperialist Japan was too strong for the military naive China. The Brit Empire tried to defend China (they were allies) but was spread too thin as she was fighting Germany in the pacific, Europe and North Africa. Eventually, she relinquished Asia and North Africa to Japan and German to concentrate on Europe and the Pacific. Suffice to say, China couldn't utilize her numerical advantage because she didn't know how.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
Beorn1:

Bro, I don tire. If Seun doesn't want us to post on his site, let him kukuma tell us. Which kain nonsense is this?

The spambot is faulty as a result of bad programming. I notice it targets specific monikers, and if you so much as sneeze, you're temporary banned. And when you message the mods to rectify the situation, you'll be ignored. This place is basically a wild west where anything goes apparently. No rules, no laws, a psycho programme, absent mods, and a nonchalant admin. This is the reality. We have to get used to it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
pryme:

Yeah Aston Kutcher,
sometimes critics could be a bunch of r3tards with access to a larger coverage.

You can imagine a movie like Under The Skin got a high rating of 84% percent. I rushed and watched the movie, after that I said fvck the critics and their corny ratings.
If you watch this movie you will easily get into a fight that day because you will be very pissed after wasting your time watching such can of shiit.

It's okay that you like the movie but let's not get carried away. Compared to well written masterpieces like Looper and Donnie Darko, it's a ridiculous attempt at the metaphysical nature of human life choices. The film oozed plot holes like a ripe puss. Also, Aston Kutcher has one of the most punchable faces I've have seen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

[Horrified]

You mean the ITK guy? Surely, I'm not nearly as annoying?! shocked
LOL..I don't mean it like in a bad light, I just like the guys character, because he's a plethora of knowledge & there is literally no episode i don't learn something new from him, so do i from you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
oyaskii:
RE: i have actually seen the web dl pop up this morning... Check Mkvcage

Great.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Who told you that the taliban terrorists are untrained?

Just so you know, you don't have to enlist in conventional military service before you become a war dog.

Most terrorist cells military trainings are even tougher than your conventional training.

You think a warlord will give his RPGs and Aks to an untrained civilian turned terrorist to experiment on?

Forget all the hype.
Elite military trainings are usually most effective in covert operations, in an all out fire fight like what was witnessed in black hawk down, the side with the home advantage coupled with unlimited supply of reinforcement will always do the most damage.

Why is the northern part of the country still ravaged by terrorism?
Home advantage!

I will consider some of your points valid if only you stick to our two countries of comparison, which is the US and Somalia.

Yes i quite agree that most terrorist cells military trainings are tougher than the conventional training, but that'll be in comparison to the conventional training of the military force of some third world countries, not the US.
Don't forget that child solders & child volunteers also made up at least 50% of the militia, so you implying that the training they give these kids are tougher than the conventional training given to an ordinary US marine??

You make it sound as if its an herculean task handling an RPG & AK47. How difficult is it in handling an RPG or Ak47??, I myself can learn how to handle both weapons in a week & perfect my accuracy & aim in 2 weeks or a month.

All they had was home advantage, which was basically the terrain, they knew the terrain & were to strike from to cause maximum damage, as for reinforcements & weaponry, the US was far greater. Wikipedia puts the militia & volunteers at 2000-4000, while the US had 160 soldiers,12 vehicles
(9 Humvees , 3M939 trucks) 19 aircraft
(16 helicopters – 8 Black Hawks and 8
Little Birds ) 3,000+ (as a rescue force).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
@bolded.

Soldiers are trained to return home after the war while terrorists are trained to go out in a blast of glory.

Just so you know, moral compass aside, a terrorist is more dangerous than the best trained soldier in the world.

You can't compare a Somalian man/child (terrorist) prepared to fight to the death with a US soldier who has family to get back to.

Soldiers will rather fight conventional war against fellow soldiers than fight religious zealots/terrorists

mekaprime:

I will consider some of your points valid if only you stick to our two countries of comparison, which is the US and Somalia.

Yes i quite agree that most terrorist cells military trainings are tougher than the conventional training, but that'll be in comparison to the conventional training of the military force of some third world countries, not the US.
Don't forget that child solders & child volunteers also made up at least 50% of the militia, so you implying that the training they give these kids are tougher than the conventional training given to an ordinary US marine??

You make it sound as if its an herculean task handling an RPG & AK47. How difficult is it in handling an RPG or Ak47??, I myself can learn how to handle both weapons in a week & perfect my accuracy & aim in 2 weeks or a month.

All they had was home advantage, which was basically the terrain, they knew the terrain & were to strike from to cause maximum damage, as for reinforcements & weaponry, the US was far greater. Wikipedia puts the militia & volunteers at 2000-4000, while the US had 160 soldiers,12 vehicles
(9 Humvees , 3M939 trucks) 19 aircraft
(16 helicopters – 8 Black Hawks and 8
Little Birds ) 3,000+ (as a rescue force).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
[b] As a continuation of my Oscar bait film marathon...I saw Blackkklansman today.
Rating: 10/10

I don't have too many spike lee films on my watch list but this will linger on my memory for a long time.
The usual american race tensions comes into play here and we've got major players on both sides, but it is balanced out by neutrals.

If you're expecting violence, marches and random gun shots in chanting crowds, avoid this one please. The film is a heavily dramatized one as it details a black cop's investigation into the ku klux klan in the 1970's.
The kkk still exists for a fact but the film boldly acknowledges their change of tactics from violence to propagating thier agenda via contesting for political offices.

This is a fine kick off film for John David Washington:
(Yes the son of the Denzel Washington). Known him since his days at HBO series Ballers. His acting here is characterized with ambitiousness sprinkled with comedic chops. Will advise he goes for a comic role in the future though featuring in an upcoming Nolan film will certainly boost his resume.

However the film fails to tie up some loose ends by the time the credit rolls in. While a success for the film's characters, still it's a failure in the grand scheme of things as Spike lee throws in some 2017 videos of race protests in Virginia. Serving as a reminder that racism will always be part of the American society.

Next on my list is Vice starring Christian Bale and Amy Adams. [/b]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
[b]As a continuation of my Oscar bait film marathon...I saw Blackkklansman today.

I don't have too many spike lee films on my watch list but this will linger on my memory for a long time.
The usual american race tensions comes into play here and we've got major players on both sides, but it is balanced out by neutrals.

If you're expecting violence, marches and random gun shots in chanting crowds, avoid this one please. The film is a heavily dramatized one as it details a black cop's investigation into the ku klux klan in the 1970's.
The kkk still exists for a fact but the film boldly acknowledges their change of tactics from violence to propagating thier agenda via contesting for political offices.

This is a fine kick off film for John David WashingtonsadYes the son of the Denzel Washington). Known him since his days at HBO series Ballers. His acting here is characterized with ambitiousness sprinkled with comedic chops. Will advise he goes for a comic role in the future though featuring in an upcoming Nolan film will certainly boost his resume.

However the film fails to tie up some loose ends by the time the credit rolls in. While a success for the film's characters, still it's a failure in the grand scheme of things as Spike lee throws in some 2017 videos of race protests in Virginia. Serving as a reminder that racism will always be part of the American society.

Next on my list is Vice starring Christian Bale and Amy Adams.[/b]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
@bolded.

Soldiers are trained to return home after the war while terrorists are trained to go out in a blast of glory.

Just so you know, moral compass aside, a terrorist is more dangerous than the best trained soldier in the world.

You can't compare a Somalian man/child (terrorist) prepared to fight to the death with a US soldier who has family to get back to.

Soldiers will rather fight conventional war against fellow soldiers than fight religious zealots/terrorists

So you know, there is a huge difference between radical fighting & tactical fighting, the later sure outweighs the former.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Popmaster2019(f): 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
If you don't laugh after watching this video I will send you Mtn � card. ✔️ April fool prank gone wrong. .
Click this link to watch the short video and laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YtyAaMYO1Q
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
The latter is now outdated.

Radical fighting is in vogue now.
mekaprime:

So you know, there is a huge difference between radical fighting & tactical fighting, the later sure outweighs the former.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The latter is now outdated.
Radical fighting is in vogue now.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
When was the last conventional warfare (countries against countries violent conflict)?

Everybody is now fighting terrorism.

mekaprime:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It's okay that you like the movie but let's not get carried away. Compared to well written masterpieces like Looper and Donnie Darko, it's a ridiculous attempt at the metaphysical nature of human life choices. The film oozed plot holes like a ripe puss. Also, Aston Kutcher has one of the most punchable faces I've have seen.

Am not saying Butterfly Effect was a masterpiece, my rant was towards the so called critics, if you watch that movie Under The Skin that got favorable approval from the so called critics, then they are a bunch of r3tards.

The only time me and the critics were on the same page was when they blasted Batman vs Superman, I nearly vomit while watching that movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
Slowmojay:
Zero, Dark Thirty Anyone?

This Movie,
Joe Rogan thought it was one his best war movies (although the ex Navy Seal disagreed),
I will have to watch it,
Thanks for the reminder.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
When was the last conventional warfare (countries against countries violent conflict)?

Everybody is now fighting terrorism.

True, but that wasn't the point. Tactical vs Radical as regards the movie & the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu. Abeg let's just agree to disagree jare.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Raalsalghul:
[b]As a continuation of my Oscar bait film marathon...I saw Blackkklansman today.

This is a fine kick off film for John David WashingtonsadYes the son of the Denzel Washington). Known him since his days at HBO series Ballers. His acting here is characterized with ambitiousness sprinkled with comedic chops. Will advise he goes for a comic role in the future though featuring in an upcoming Nolan film will certainly boost his resume.

Next on my list is Vice starring Christian Bale and Amy Adams.[/b]

Honestly I couldn't finish the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
City Lights

Comedy is dead. cry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Darksider131: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
GLASS and WELCOME TO MARWEN

P.s: Glass is now out on Blu-ray
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Don't twist history.

I'm surprised that you know a bit of history.

I think this is a broken clock moment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ajebo wannabe.
Surprise knock your head off there.

Won't be surprised if you say that you were on vacation on the beach of Normandy on Dday.

JeromeBlack:

I'm surprised that you know a bit of history.

I think this is a broken clock moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (3847) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: jendhorlee(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.