Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3814325 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2019
The fact that you don't have sense undecided

JeromeBlack:

What matters about me?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2019
Triple threat 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HappyPagan: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I actually did business with a spare part dealer in Mushin. It razzed me up badly. That was when I knew the sweetness of Ewa goin
My broda, had it for the first time two years ago, during my service year.

Turned to Saturday morning breakfast... Dump kpomo on top for extra points.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:33am On Apr 03, 2019
HappyPagan:

My broda, had it for the first time two years ago, during my service year.

Turned to Saturday morning breakfast... Dump kpomo on top for extra points.

Lol. You know better thing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Columbus did not discover the Americas. Fake history

I'm aware. It was discovered by a Viking. I just used him since it's a popular opinion so he understands that I just didn't mean the discovery but the background and the European interaction (which was first done by Columbus)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

I'm aware. It was discovered by a Viking. I just used him since it's a popular opinion so he understands that I just didn't mean the discovery but the background and the European interaction (which was first done by Columbus)

Nope. Not even the Vikings either. There are theories that put the clovis civilization as the first discoverers, which kinda makes sense since they were the earliest settlers and ancestors to the indigenous native Americans. Some records also postulate that the Chinese may have traded with the native indians long before the Vikings showed up. Truth is nobody really knows who discovered America. There have been multiple theories and counter-theories, but at the end of the day, only the voyages carried out by Christopher Columbus were able to enter the history books, because, unlike his predecessors, his voyages were well documented and preserved.

Bottom line, Christopher Columbus discovered the new world, at least, OFFICIALLY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nope. Not even the Vikings either. There are theories that put the clovis civilization as the first discoverers, which kinda makes sense since they were the earliest settlers and ancestors to the indigenous native Americans. Some records also postulated that the Chinese may have traded with the native indians long before the Vikings showed up. Truth is nobody really knows who discovered America. There have been multiple theories and counter-theories, but at the end of the day, only the voyages carried out by Christopher Columbus were able to enter the history books for the simple fact that unlike their predecessors, they were well documented and preserved.

Bottom line, Christopher Columbus is the OFFICIAL pioneer of the new world.

i thought it was the indies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
sod09:
i thought it was the indies

Care to elaborate?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Care to elaborate?
i was asking a question
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2019
sod09:
i was asking a question

You mean native indians? I already said that. The Clovis were first settlers and ancestors to the native indians, at least according to some records, which may or may not be true.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You mean native indians? I already said that. The Clovis were first settlers and ancestors to the native indians, at least according to some records, which may or may not be true.
alright
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nope. Not even the Vikings either. There are theories that put the clovis civilization as the first discoverers, which kinda makes sense since they were the earliest settlers and ancestors to the indigenous native Americans. Some records also postulate that the Chinese may have traded with the native indians long before the Vikings showed up. Truth is nobody really knows who discovered America. There have been multiple theories and counter-theories, but at the end of the day, only the voyages carried out by Christopher Columbus were able to enter the history books, because, unlike his predecessors, his voyages were well documented and preserved.

Bottom line, Christopher Columbus discovered the new world, at least, OFFICIALLY.

Those are just theories. As it is just common among historians, psychologist etc there will always be disagreements in form of theories. However, the generally accepted info is that it was first discovered by the Vikings. Officially, Columbus is not recognised as the one that discovered the Americas but he brought about real interactions with the Americas. There's a difference. Those theories or stories are normal in subjects like this but they are not generally recognised. So bottomlime and OFFICIALLY, The Vikings discovered Americas as this is the generally accepted fact among historians and archeologists
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
COHERENCE.. 7/10
GENRE: Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi

Movie had very nice twist, the concept was a well written mind binding flick with good dialogue & great acting from the cast.
The movie was very original, witty and refreshing, IMO, it was very good but not awesome(quite interpretable, was kinda expected more & really wanted to be confused).

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2019
Justice League Vs The Fatal Five.

7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

Those are just theories. As it is just common among historians, psychologist etc there will always be disagreements in form of theories. However, the generally accepted info is that it was first discovered by the Vikings. Officially, Columbus is not recognised as the one that discovered the Americas but he brought about real interactions with the Americas. There's a difference. Those theories or stories are normal in subjects like this but they are not generally recognised. So bottomlime and OFFICIALLY, The Vikings discovered Americas as this is the generally accepted fact among historians and archeologists

First, I'd like to point out the irony in the bolded, seeing that it's a theory, as it's not widely recognized by historians either.

If it's not official, then why is Columbus day a federal holiday in America, and not Eriksen day? Your bottom line doesn't any make sense. Nobody is denying that the Vikings discovered America long before Columbus set sail from Europe, The bone of contention lies in the fact that there weren't any solid documentation attesting to Eriksen expeditions to the new world, unlike Christopher Columbus's that had maps, routes and everything.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
Neither the Vikings nor Columbus were the first to discover America.

Don't argue on baseless theories.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Neither the Vikings nor Columbus were the first to discover America.

Don't argue on baseless theories.

Exactly what I was saying. No one really knows.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, your claim is also a theory because it's not widely recognized by historians. If it's not official, then why is Columbus day a federal holiday in America, and not Eriksen day? Your bottom line doesn't any make sense. Nobody is denying that the Vikings discovered America long before Columbus set sail from Europe, The bone of contention lies in the fact that there weren't any solid documentation attesting to Eriksen expeditions to the new world, unlike Christopher Columbus's that had maps, routes and everything.

That's what I'm telling you, there are strong documents and archaeological evidence that proves the Vikings were the first to discover America. The Holiday is more a political Thing and at that time it was made a holiday not enough evidences were available. Also some politicians have their beliefs of what "discovery" means. Holidays are a thing for politicians not historians. Go and read up, it is generally accepted that historians and archeologists take the Vikings as the ones that discovered Americas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

First, I'd like to point out the irony in the bolded, seeing that it's a theory, as it's not widely recognized by historians either.

If it's not official, then why is Columbus day a federal holiday in America, and not Eriksen day? Your bottom line doesn't any make sense. Nobody is denying that the Vikings discovered America long before Columbus set sail from Europe, The bone of contention lies in the fact that there weren't any solid documentation attesting to Eriksen expeditions to the new world, unlike Christopher Columbus's that had maps, routes and everything.

Another thing I would like to mention is that Eriksen settled in what is present day Canada so technically the USA adds this to its reasons as to why the holiday is named after Columbus
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
The ancestors of the native Americans Columbus met when he landed, did they grow from the trees?

Chinese visited America long before the Europeans and they are not even claiming to be the first to discover America.

You know what they say about history, it's always tweaked to suit the party documenting it.
KoiceReloaded:

Exactly what I was saying. No one really knows.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

That's what I'm telling you, there are strong documents and archaeological evidence that proves the Vikings were the first to discover America. The Holiday is more a political Thing and at that time it was made a holiday not enough evidences were available. Also some politicians have their beliefs of what "discovery" means. Holidays are a thing for politicians not historians. Go and read up, it is generally accepted that historians and archeologists take the Vikings as the ones that discovered Americas

And there are archaeological evidence that proves the clovis were the first people to set foot on the American continent. Bro, I have studied this subject extensively, everyone has different views, different stories to tell. There is no definite.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The ancestors of the native Americans Columbus met when he landed, did they grow from the trees?

Chinese visited America long before the Europeans and they are not even claiming to be the first to discover America.

I dunno why you quoted me with this. You just repeated everything I wrote earlier.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

And there are archaeological evidence that proves the clovis were the first people to set foot on the American continent. Bro, I have studied this subject extensively, everyone has different views, different stories to tell. There is no definite.

There will always be different theories. The generally accepted theory is that the Americas was discovered by the Vikings(you seem to have an issue with understanding what generally accepted means)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
alexistaiwo:

You know what they say about history, it's always tweaked to suit the party documenting it.

Most Chinese theories have been debunked and are considered as having very weak evidence
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

There will always be different theories. The generally accepted theory is that the Americas was discovered by the Vikings(you seem to have an issue with understanding what generally accepted means)

This is where we disagree because you misspelled Christopher Columbus.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
All of you are just starting to read topics I posted. Something I've been studying for years grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
No vex, I mistook you for the other guy.

KoiceReloaded:

I dunno why you quoted me with this. You just repeated everything I wrote earlier.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joeeee240(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This is where we disagree because you misspelled Christopher Columbus.

Go and read up. Historians and archeologists generally accept Vikings as the first to discover the Americas. The fact that you don't know this shows you just started reading this topic and you don't know NOTHING about it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

Not every amerians agreed with the vikings "theory".I said theory because there are no official records, just sketchy archeological evidences.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Debunked by Europeans, right?

Where was Europe when the Chinese were building dynasties?

Chinese been trading and sailing to Europe since God knows when and you think they are allergic to exploring the unknown world?

joeeee240:

Most Chinese theories have been debunked and are considered as having very weak evidence
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
joeeee240:

Go and read up. Historians and archeologists generally accept Vikings as the first to discover the Americas. The fact that you don't know this shows you just started reading this topic and you don't know NOTHING about it

I don't really have the energy to search for links to prove you wrong, so let's just agree to disagree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Omoluabi16(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.