Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740805 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
The Great Debaters...9/10
Genre:Biography, Drama, Romance

A brilliant flick, based on real events. Acting was exceptionally brilliant, all thanks to Denzel Washington, Forest Whitaker, Nate Parker, Jurnee Smollett, Denzel Whitaker, and Kimberly Elise. The Cinematography & the story was perfect, I simply loved how the story stuck to Hollywood formula for success.
The debates were lively and thought provoking. The most significant point of the flick for me, was the end, were Denzel Whitaker aka James Farmer Jr delivered a noteworthy performance with his final argument. He pointed out something crucial in that era of American history, an era when illiberalism, racism, and degrading behavior was an atrocious norm, an era were people of colour were slaughtered & mutilated unjustly because of the pigment of their skin.
A million tnx to the individual/individuals who mentioned this flick here, it was truly a sensational movie. If you have a sucker for exceptional Bio-drama flicks, then do see this one.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Killer Joe

7.6/10

Died laughing. McConaughey is a treasure.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lockout..5/10
Genre:Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller

A cliché but OK flick. Decent acting, poor character development, weak script, poor CGI. If you basically wanna enjoy this one, just turn off your brain, ignore the plot holes & you're good to go.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Savages.

9/10.

Watching a movie about Marijuana is something else. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Incredible 2
7/10

Overrated animation undecided

Elastigirl = THICC

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
ShaqFu:
Zombieland.

8.7/10.

Ishilove have you seen this movie?
No I haven't. Horror? Slasher?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ishilove:

Horror comedy. Mostly comedy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thursday

Fun. Violent. OTT. Tarantino-esque.

7.2/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
Why him? 7.5/10

Fun comedy picture to pass the time with.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
Ishilove:

Horror, comedy and action. You'll like it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bojack(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CosmicPhoenix: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
saw this on FB grin

Avatar: "You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought that by being the #1 highest grossing movie of all time, there would be no other film to top it. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those who watched what it was, there will always be those who will grow tired of what it can be. They will resist."

Endgame: "Yeah, we're all kinds of stubborn."

Avatar: "I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do. I will shred this franchise to its last atom, and then with the money you made to top me, create more movies, teeming with visual effects that's never been done before. A grateful franchise."

Endgame: "Born without creativity."

Avatar: "They'll never know it. Because you'll be over before then."

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:39am On Jun 22, 2019
ShaqFu:
Horror, comedy and action. You'll like it.
Thanks dear. Where can I download?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CaptainMitch: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
50 shades freed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Buzzer99: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hello guys
Can someone suggest top 20 movies of 2019 he/she has watched?
Any genre
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Buzzer99:
Hello guys
Can someone suggest top 20 movies of 2019 he/she has watched?
Any genre

I've seen more old movies this year than new ones, but I'll give you the few new ones I've had the pleasure or displeasure of seeing;

*Excellent*
- John Wick: Chapter 3
- Avengers: Endgame
- Shazam
- Alita: Battle Angel
- Hotel Mumbai

*Average*
- Captain Marvel
- X-men: Dark Phoenix
- Hellboy
- Brightburn
- Glass
- IO
- Polar

*Good*
- Fighting With My Family
- This Is Mother
- Us
- Aladdin
- Velvet Buzzsaw

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Most of the 2019 movies are just meh..

I am for Hobbs & Shaw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
Layer Cake

7.5/10

Easily one of Daniel Craig’s best films IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hero..8.5/10
Language: Chinese
Genre:Action, Adventure, History

If you've saw & enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, then i bet you, you're gonna love this flick to bits. The flick sure got me in awe at the perfection of the mise-en-scene( in fact every shot was a masterpiece on it's own), the amazing cinematography, and groundbreaking fights scenes together with it's awesome CGI. A well told martial arts story based on the classical taoist fable.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Kin..6.8/10
Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi

Story & the cinematography were good, characters & acting were also good, CGI wasn't much but the little it had was great, the pacing was also ok. Some plot holes here & there but the strong themes of the flick sure made up for some of it.
The ending clearly showed the flick had more story to tell, so am quite hopeful of a sequel. All in, it was an entertaining sci-fi flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Lol...I just let every moment slide..family drama is my thing tho..
I think I rated it almost the same as you. 5 for the whole movie(the movie was just there for me) & the extra, i think 2 for the themes. It sure had some very strong themes which I loved & could relate to.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
mekaprime:

I think I rated it almost the same as you. 5 for the whole movie(the movie was just there for me) & the extra, i think 2 for the themes. It sure had some very strong themes which I loved & could relate to.
...Movie was there sha...but still enjoyed it

The part where Paige's brother wasn't picked despite the fact that he was better than Paige..hence he didn't take it so well

And when the coach told paige his brother was a journeyman...which is true btw

Those parts were SPOT ON and one can relate to them...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Itzneowizy:
...Movie was there sha...but still enjoyed it

The part where Paige's brother wasn't picked despite the fact that he was better than Paige..hence he didn't take it so well

And when the coach told paige his brother was a journeyman...which is true btw

Those parts were SPOT ON and one can relate to them...
lol, enjoyed it also... Her brother was basically a sex tape you remember the guy the Rock referred to as sex tape, because his job was to make others but himself look really good.....
Really loved how Paige overcame her inferiority complex & ultimately believed in herself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iSufferFools: 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
mekaprime:
Hero..8.5/10

If you've saw & enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, then i bet you, you're gonna love this flick to bits. The flick sure got me in awe at the perfection of the mise-en-scene( in fact every shot was a masterpiece on it's own), the amazing cinematography, and groundbreaking fights scenes together with it's awesome CGI. A well told martial arts story based on the classical taoist fable.
I've been looking for where to download this movie since like forever.

This movie is a movie I totally love. It goes to show before you actually judge a person, try to understand them and know the reason why they're the way they are.

A very big plus for Jet Li, Donnie Yen and co. They all made me love this movie forever.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stano2(m): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
I'm loving this thread once more
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
The dialogues and plot twists when he was dining with the Emperor.

This movie is a classic.

Have you seen Warlord starring Jet Li?
Warlord is 10/10

mekaprime:
Hero..8.5/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
mekaprime:

lol, enjoyed it also... Her brother was basically a sex tape you remember the guy the Rock referred to as sex tape, because his job was to make others but himself look really good.....
Really loved how Paige overcame her inferiority complex & ultimately believed in herself.
Lol @ bolded....bitter truth.....the coach did her brother a Favour...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:10am On Jun 23, 2019
Clubmaster:
The dialogues and plot twists when he was dining with the Emperor.

This movie is a classic.

Have you seen Warlord starring Jet Li?
Warlord is 10/10

Warlord was a civil war movie of some sort right.. I haven't seen it, I just previewed some of its scenes before I choose Hero. I didn't think it was gonna be interesting, but based on your ratings, am sure seeing it today, tnx.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:28am On Jun 23, 2019
iSufferFools:
I've been looking for where to download this movie since like forever.

This movie is a movie I totally love. It goes to show before you actually judge a person, try to understand them and know the reason why they're the way they are.

A very big plus for Jet Li, Donnie Yen and co. They all made me love this movie forever.

So true at the bolded. Though, I didn't download it. I saw it on an abandoned old unwatched 24n1 collection of mine. But all the same, search no more bro, i've got you covered. The movie is on Movie Loverz dot O r g, join 'em together. Search for it in this order on Google; Hero plus Movie Loverz dot O r g. File size is 208mb & it's a 2 part movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 23, 2019
Natural Born Killers. 7.7/10

Cult classic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by chillychill(f): 4:36am On Jun 23, 2019
mekaprime:
Hero..8.5/10

Where can I download dis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: toluxe0075 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.