Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3749801 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
CaptainMitch:
The godfather
The greatest movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Fighting with my family..... starring Dwanye Johnson
Drama, Comedy 7/10

Heart warming family drama which revolves around wrestling sport....
Basically a true life story...
(Not much screen time for Dwanye Johnson)
Huh?
Couldn't get past 20mins of the movie. Thrashy movie to me though.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CaptainMitch: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
Yeah I downloaded part 1-3
losprince:

The greatest movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
THE BEST OF ENEMIES - 8/10 for me. A true life story about the friendship between 2 sworn enemies, a KKK President and a Black Female Activist (weird combo).
Quite inspiring and thought provoking.
Taraji is a fantastic actress ��
Truly, those who you think are there for you are just there for their selfish interest. Real lessons to be learnt
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Yeah I downloaded part 1-3
Let me know what you think about III.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CaptainMitch: 1:03am On Jun 20, 2019
I watch movies I like multiple times, I have seen it a couple of times.
losprince:

Let me know what you think about III.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DiggITnetwork: 7:14am On Jun 20, 2019
Avengers Endgame is definitely going to beat Avatar with this news.

https://shockng.com/breaking-avengers-endgame-to-be-re-released-with-additional-new-footage/

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2019
Sign me up smiley
DiggITnetwork:
Avengers Endgame is definitely going to beat Avatar with this news.

https://shockng.com/breaking-avengers-endgame-to-be-re-released-with-additional-new-footage/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by YorubaHub(m): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2019
This is a movie i encourage you all to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswzh2xfmVA

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2019
YorubaHub:
This is a movie i encourage you all to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswzh2xfmVA
sad sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
So I watched Mile 22 and Lone Survivor today, I want understand, why don't soldiers use the weapons of fallen enemies in these movies. Its common sense, if you can use an American made Rifle you can also use a Russian made rifle. Or is that not how it works?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:
So I watched Mile 22 and Lone Survivor today, I want understand, why don't soldiers use the weapons of fallen enemies in these movies. Its common sense, if you can use an American made Rifle you can also use a Russian made rifle. Or is that not how it works?

I dont think it was necessary in Mile 22
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
pryme:

I dont think it was necessary in Mile 22
How about Lone Survivor and tons of other military movies that once their ammo for the primary weapon is exhausted they use the secondary side arm and then a knife. They never pick the dead guys weapon. Especially in movies... Why?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:

How about Lone Survivor and tons of other military movies that once their ammo for the primary weapon is exhausted they use the secondary side arm and then a knife. They never pick the dead guys weapon. Especially in movies... Why?

Well IMO,
I guess (in the real sense) you are more fluid with the weapon you trained with, most US special forces most go with ARs rather than AK47s like its always the case with most militias.
these other weapons Might feel "weird" when speed and accuracy is what will make the difference between life and death.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tolexy007(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
y netnaija movies dont play on the tv when u copied dem of flash dive to play on tv usb
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2019
Finally downloaded THE UPSIDE, omg i must say BRYAN CRANSTON is forever a Legend since the Days of BREAKING BAD.
Dammn White Neega is So good in All his movie Role.
Shout out to KEVIN HART, Hombowy is Good also.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:

This is actually one of pet peeves of mine, along with shooting a powerful firearm with one arm. However, I have come to terms with them since movies are the depiction of our fantasy.

While the basic fundamental of movies are predicated on real life principle, over application of real world logic will invariably sabotage the fictitious plot lines, and rob them of their dramatic effects and visual stimuli. Basically, at a certain point, things tend to stop making logical sense since the very essence of the story depends on the fantastical.

This is why people could clash through glass windows with nary a scratch, or utilize a defibrillitor to wake a flatlining patient. It is illusory/fiction.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

This is actually one of pet peeves of mine, along with shooting a powerful firearm with one arm. However, I have come to terms with them since movies are the depiction of our fantasy.

While the basic fundamental of movies are predicated on real life principle, over application of real world logic will invariably sabotage the fictitious plot lines, and rob them of their dramatic effects and visual stimuli. Basically, at a certain point, things tend to stop making logical sense since the very essence of the story depends on the fantastical.

This is why people could clash through glass windows with nary a scratch, or utilize a defibrillitor to wake a flatlining patient. It is illusory/fiction.

Have you finished season 3 of billions?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfltmzRG-g

The Gunfighter. 9/10

The most interesting use of narration yet. Had me in stitches.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Have you finished season 3 of billions?
Season 3? I'm anticipating season 5. You know that there is a season 4, right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
CaptainMitch:
The godfather
The Greatest Mafia Related Movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by error4040: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nova15:
Is tpfdl dot com having issues?
I haven't successfully downloaded anything since yesterday from there
If you plan to download from the Fireflies Link Use A VPN before clicking download file. I would recommend WINDSCRIBE from play store
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Season 3? I'm anticipating season 5. You know that there is a season 4, right?

Sorry I meant season 4.

Chuck Rhodes is a boss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The Gunfighter. 9/10

Where the hell did you find this crazy short film?
I was dying with laughter grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Where the hell did you find this crazy short film?
I was dying with laughter grin

It was a battle suppressing my mirth in the midst of other train commuters. The sheep part was particularly very hilarious. Lolz. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Sorry I meant season 4.
Chuck Rhodes is a boss
You can say that again. The man played a long game, and made an epic home run.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

The Gunfighter. 9/10

Really funny
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:

IMO, I think its not advisable. Remember they don't ditch their initial gear. The standard M4A1 weights at least 3.01 kg, when empty, so also does the AR-15, then add the weight of their backpack gear & then, the weight of their ancillary weapon. With all this weight, it's not advisable adding the enemies weapon to your arsenal of Weapons, because :
-It would be difficult for them to move swiftly and maneuver in an extreme gun fight scenario.
-Secondly, most of those solders are not training in the proficiency of handling those Ak47 used by the enemy. Even if they do, the weight of their gear wouldn't allow them make a perfect & precise shot & also, one can not really trust an enemies weapon lying idle on the floor to operate effectively. For all you may not know, it may have been flung aside because it jams, or maybe the solder using it was killed because it failed him in combat. .
In real life scenario the need to pick up enemies weapons do not arise as Well-led troops who know what they're doing work out contingencies ahead of time & when things gets out of hand, they simply call in air support. This notion of weapon picking is only applicable in video games.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
mekaprime:

IMO, I think its not advisable. Remember they don't ditch their initial gear. The standard M4A1 weights at least 3.01 kg, when empty, so also does the AR-15, then add the weight of their backpack gear & they also, the weight of their ancillary weapon. With all this weight, it's not advisable adding the enemies weapon to your arsenal of Weapons, because :
-It would be difficult for them to move swiftly and maneuver in an extreme gun fight scenario.
-Secondly, most of those solders are not training in the proficiency of handling those Ak47 used by the enemy. Even if they do, the weight of their gear wouldn't allow them make a perfect & precise shot & also, one can not really trust an enemies weapon lying idle on the floor to operate effectively. For all you may not know, it may have been flung aside because it jams, or maybe the solder using it was killed because it failed him in combat. .
In real life scenario the need to pick up enemies weapons do not arise as Well-led troops who know what they're doing work out contingencies ahead of time & when things gets out of hand, they simply call in air support. This notion of weapon picking is only applicable in video games.

In war situations, soldiers are advised not to pick up enemy combatant weaponry but not for the reasons you gave. Soldiers are trained to go for miles hauling dead weights, so ferrying around an extra weight shouldn't be an issue. Also, they're trained to be proficient in handling all sorts of fire arms, esp the mainstream kind. They're soldiers for crying out loud. Handling fire arms is a major part of their job description.

Booby trapping is the main reason soldiers are adviced to resist the urge to pick up enemy combatant fire arms. Apparently, it was a common nazi practice during WW2 to booby trap their guns for the allies to stumble upon. The allies eventually caught on and stop picking up foreign guns on the battlefield.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hope you know that after every military operation comes the AAR?

For your own sake if you are a soldier, don't be caught with an enemy's rifle, don't even hold it.

Same rifle whose bullets are lying in your comrades belly.

You can easily get into deep military bureaucracy trouble, hope you get what I mean?

IKON360:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
Next time you post hilarious shiit like this and you don't mention, I will piss on myself grin grin

Very funny cheesy
KoiceReloaded:

The Gunfighter. 9/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IKON360(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
Alright thanks guys, I thought that it was more sensible to pick an enemy's weapon when yours was done. Cos it looked unreasonable, a soldier is sometimes as alive as the ammo he has. If the ammo for a an M4 was done, I thought the reasonable thing to do is pick an AK and live. But then you see them get so hopeless. I know it's movie sha but the thing is annoying. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.