Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748894 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

In as much as I hate to admit it, MCU is miles ahead of DCEU and also ahead of other action genre.

What MCU got right is its human element

Apart from the Hulk, just look at all the stand alone movies on the Avengers, even Logan was thrown into the mix.

At some point all these characters hit rock bottom.

Wolverine lost his healing powers in Logan, he was just like your average joe that can die.

Tony Stark lost his suit in Iron man series, he was back to square one.

Thor, Ragnar, lost his hammer, it was replaced with self doubt.

Steve Rogers, was a frail looking somebody that was thought would never amount to shiit, he was also at rock bottom.

Even Black Panter was stripped of his powers, so every one could see he won using his human prowess.

Spiderman Homecoming, did you ever wonder why they had to reduce Peter to square one that a whole Spidey was (literally) crying for help?

This scenario tends to happen in most MCU hits, the message is clear, what you do when you hit rock bottom is what makes you a hero.
Following in Stan Lee's philosophy.

Now do get me started with clowns over at DCEU, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and some other 21 century disaster I don't care to remember.
How can you relate with these characters that have been made to look like gods even in their weakest state?
Even when Superman came back from the dead it was like he just went to the bathroom and came back.
No human element, just brawl and fly around.

The only saving grace DC had in the past 2 decade was Batman's The Dark Knight.
From when Bruce was just another lost soul that traveled far and wide to train his human body to become a weapon to becoming a master of his emotions, this any human can relate to and be inspired.

'nuff said.

Hol up!

Kindly remove Logan from your write up. That film is a classic far above anything the dunderhead fans and team at the MCU can come up with.

Nuff said!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

Archetypal of Kevin Hart's movies .....very boring and unfunny !!!! That guy is bang shit

But wait. How can people who love Madea movies complain about Kevin hart movies?

Are they not the same brand of stupid comedy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:

Archetypal of Kevin Hart's movies .....very boring and unfunny !!!! That guy is bang shit
I saw Kevin Hart's "Irresponsible" Netflix special and this guy told like 1 good joke in over an hour. Very unfunny and forced. I stay away from movies that he's the lead.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Hol up!

Kindly remove Logan from your write up. That film is a classic far above anything the dunderhead fans and team at the MCU can come up with.

Nuff said!

Logan follows the same narrative, being lost, being vulnerable.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

But wait. How can people who love Madea movies complain about Kevin hart movies?

i saw one Madea movie one time, i immediately cancelled all Madea movies past, present and future. Sure Brain cell killer that.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

Logan follows the same narrative, being lost, being vulnerable.

The same narrative doesn't equate to the same quality.

But its also funny that the classic/memorable Marvel films have been outside the MCU.

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse.
Sam Raimi's Spiderman 1 and 2.
One third of the X-men film series.

Kindly explain that...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Honestly, they both of them should just stop

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
oyaskii:
3/10 will suffice here sir, absolute terrible movie that shouldn't have been made. This bombed so hard that it was pulled from cinemas less than a month old.

Hahahha.. Truth be told, it was one of the worst movies I've seen this year so far, but in terms of been bad, i wouldn't place it in the same pedestal as Escape plan the extractors, The kid who would be king,The Man Who Killed Hitler &Then the Bigfoot and Dumbo. For me, Hellboy was more like a myopic, one eyed man with conjunctivitis, in the midst of the blind...
On Box office bombs, did you know Shaft 2019, had a massive one. With a budget of 30-35 million, they made a worldwide gross of just 8.3 million.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

But its also funny that the classic/memorable Marvel films have been outside the MCU.

Kindly explain that...

See brother , see brother way Mumu .... Your tears are nice to me

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Hol up!

Nuff said!

Have dead comics come up with anything before apart from the steady wailing of Synder cut ? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

In as much as I hate to admit it, MCU is miles ahead of DCEU and also ahead of other action genre.

What MCU got right is its human element

Apart from the Hulk, just look at all the stand alone movies on the Avengers, even Logan was thrown into the mix.

At some point all these characters hit rock bottom.

Wolverine lost his healing powers in Logan, he was just like your average joe that can die.

Tony Stark lost his suit in Iron man series, he was back to square one.

Thor, Ragnar, lost his hammer, it was replaced with self doubt.

Steve Rogers, was a frail looking somebody that was thought would never amount to shiit, he was also at rock bottom.

Even Black Panter was stripped of his powers, so every one could see he won using his human prowess.

Spiderman Homecoming, did you ever wonder why they had to reduce Peter to square one that a whole Spidey was (literally) crying for help?

This scenario tends to happen in most MCU hits, the message is clear, what you do when you hit rock bottom is what makes you a hero.
Following in Stan Lee's philosophy.

Now do get me started with clowns over at DCEU, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and some other 21 century disaster I don't care to remember.
How can you relate with these characters that have been made to look like gods even in their weakest state?
Even when Superman came back from the dead it was like he just went to the bathroom and came back.
No human element, just brawl and fly around.

The only saving grace DC had in the past 2 decade was Batman's The Dark Knight.
From when Bruce was just another lost soul that traveled far and wide to train his human body to become a weapon to becoming a master of his emotions, this any human can relate to and be inspired.

'nuff said.
you deserve an oscar and two iron man suits for this comment.

DC is trash that's why we forget their movies easily.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
oyaskii:
i saw one Madea movie one time, i immediately cancelled all Madea movies past, present and future. Sure Brain cell killer that.
You even saw one of Madea movies, & probably even completed it. In my own case, the one i tried seeing, i couldn't go pass 20mins of its runtime before i wiped it clean off my drive. Unless by mistake, i personally stay of any movie that has Tyler Perry written on it, dude is a Jack of all trade & sucks at everything he does.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Kindly explain that...

Just like Universal won't allow MCU make a stand alone Hulk movie.
You can't win em all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
hulk616:

Pls remember the biggest buffoons here is DCEU not DC.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Don't forget to add a vibranium shield and a stormbreaker

hulk616:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
alexistaiwo:

one suit is made from the same star stormbreaker was made from and the other from vibranium grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

Just like Universal won't allow MCU make a stand alone Hulk movie.
You can't win em all.
universal can allow MCU stand-alone movie but Marvel won't because universal will take most of the money made.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Oya give him Black Widow to attend to his konjified needs and also serve as his bodyguard.

hulk616:
one suit is made from the same star stormbreaker was made from and the other from vibranium grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Oya give him Black Widow to attend to his konjified needs and also serve as his bodyguard.

no need for her, the suits has an A.I
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
hulk616:
universal can allow MCU stand-alone movie but Marvel won't because universal will take most of the money made.

If na you, you for gree?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
alexistaiwo:

Also a year supply of cheese burger
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

If na you, you for gree?
no, but I m just saying its not universal blocking hulk movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
mekaprime:

You even saw one of Madea movies, & probably even completed it. In my own case, the one i tried seeing, i couldn't go pass 20mins of its runtime before i wiped it clean off my drive. Unless by mistake, i personally stay of any movie that has Tyler Perry written on it, dude is a Jack of all trade & sucks at everything he does.
I like Tyler Perry movies. I think the dude is very talented.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ishilove:

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrCZ6ECHW0

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ishilove:

My sis, it's neither hatred nor spite, it's just that i don't flow with whatever he does or gets involved in, be it acting,writing or directing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ishilove:

Talented gini?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
ornicus:

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrCZ6ECHW0
It doesn't matter. I still enjoy his productions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
mekaprime:

My sis, it's neither hatred nor spite, it's just that i don't flow with whatever he does or gets involved in, be it acting,writing or directing.
To each his own, my good sir
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stano2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
HowillsInterior:
King of Boys 7/10....... boy was that movie good...
Good evening, please help me with the link
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stano2(m): 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
olu4life:

Link please

Seen thanks grin

Time to rewatch cheesy
please help me with the link.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stano2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
I thought this thread had been freed from Dceu abi Mcue kids.
What happened

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
DC tards could not live with DC's failures and where did that lead them?back to Marvel

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: joseph1832(m), Feldie, Ikanium(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.