Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,905 members, 7,866,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3841474 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (3866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
ah this is better because putting King Kong against Godzilla is like putting a new born babe against a full grown lion.

They have met in the past, and King Kong won.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I remember Kong beating the crap outta that ugly lizard.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 28, 2019
losprince:
I remember Kong beating the crap outta that ugly lizard.
Lolz.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
monster verse franchise, seriously? Like Kong Kong going head to head with Godzilla? A giant walking nuclear bomb? They expect King Kong to fight Godzilla? Wow. shocked

I think it's kinda stupid though. Like how tha hell will King Kong defeat Godzilla?
Not necessarily, Kong is not done growing yet. Skull Island takes place in 1973 and Godzilla vs. Kong will assumedly take place in 2020 that gives Kong a whole 47 years to catch up to Godzilla, as regards size.
As long as they are willing to follow up on the above(make Kong as big as Godzilla), Kong will definitely have the upper hand against Godzilla. Because on like Godzilla who relies basically on brute force and mostly instinct, Kong thinks like a human, is very smart, has the ability to strategize, can adapt and turn a bad situation towards his favor & finally has an impressive physical strength. With all this, am confident he can take down Godzilla.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
mekaprime:

Not necessarily, Kong is not done growing yet. Skull Island takes place in 1973 and Godzilla vs. Kong will assumedly take place in 2020 that gives Kong a whole 47 years to catch up to Godzilla, as regards size.
As long as they are willing to follow up on the above(make Kong as big as Godzilla), Kong will definitely have the upper hand against Godzilla. Because on like Godzilla who relies basically on brute force and mostly instinct, Kong thinks like a human, is very smart, has the ability to strategize, can adapt and turn a bad situation towards his favor & finally has an impressive physical strength. With all this, am confident he can take down Godzilla.
what defense does Kong have against that stuff that comes out of Godzilla's mouth?

Never forget Godzilla is armour plated. He can withstand a full nuclear blast. He practically feeds on radiation. Can same be same of Kong, who is just an overgrown monkey.

In terms of speed and maneuverability, I give it to Kong, but strength, Godzilla got it. Though I want to see how it will play out even though I believe it might not happen because they both protect life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
Kong is still growing,we dont know how big he will be and he should be to hold his own against Godzilla

KoiceReloaded:

em where did they meet?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Constantine: City of Demons.

7.7/10.

I thought Batman was a cold hearted motherfucker, but I was wrong. Men Constantine is something else.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:

em where did they meet?

King Kong vs Godzilla (1962).

Like losprince so comically put it, Kong beat the crap out of that ugly lizard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

King Kong vs Godzilla (1962).

Like losprince so comically put it, Kong beat the crap out of that ugly lizard.
1962, really? A movie or comic?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
mekaprime:

Yeah yeah it's true Kong is still growing and have beaten Godzilla before, but that beast I saw in the trailers?? Godzilla I begin to wonder how the hell he is going to defeat him. Most especially that radiation he emits from his mouth. Am wondering what will be Kong's response and defense. I hope they don't make the film stupid next year just to make Kong beat Godzilla, don't know how they are gonna pull it off without seriously nerfing Godzilla.

Besides that Godzilla: King of the Monsters was a box office flop this year. They shouldn't mess up the continuity storyline or WB gonna get fvvked bad, cos it's probably going to get a bigger budget than this year's Godzilla sequel.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
1962, really? A movie or comic?

Does it really matter? What matters is Kong has beaten Godzilla before, so clearly, you're overestimating Godzilla.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
what defense does Kong have against that stuff that comes out of Godzilla's mouth?

Never forget Godzilla is armour plated. He can withstand a full nuclear blast. He practically feeds on radiation. Can same be same of Kong, who is just an overgrown monkey.

In terms of speed and maneuverability, I give it to Kong, but strength, Godzilla got it. Though I want to see how it will play out even though I believe it might not happen because they both protect life.

Choi, can withstand full nuclear blast ok oohh. How Kong go beat this one. Except somehow Kong's punches and attacks are better than a nuclear blast. Lol grin cheesy

Next year movies sef ehn are seriously competitive on another level. This year's competition too is also crazy with sequels and titled movies but ain't really a competition since most of the films competing for top 10 spot are from a single studio. Lol grin angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Does it really matter? What matters is Kong has beaten Godzilla before, so clearly, you're overestimating Godzilla.

Oh well, it's wait and see. Let's see who WB crown as the definitive Monsters' Boss. And put the argument to rest. grin cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

yep it does. I still believe there's still no way Kong can beat Godzilla, I mean, a 1962 Japanese movie? Come on. Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
yep it does. I still believe there's still no way Kong can beat Godzilla, I mean, a 1962 Japanese movie? Come on. Lol

Bro, I no get time for blind argument. An evidence of Kong beating Godzilla in the past was shown to you. If you like, believe, or, don't... it's your headache, not mine.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2019
abduleez1:

Oh well, it's wait and see. Let's see who WB crown as the definitive Monsters' Boss. And put the argument to rest. grin cool

They may not even fight each other, but yeah, let's wait and see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:

As regards the atomic ray, all kong has to do is to leap and dodge (he's fast remember) & keep a clear distance between Godzilla & himself. Then look for a way to disable Godzilla's ray, same way he did in the 1961 movie as it charges to fire. With the ray disabled, he goes for the brain through the eyes, that should do the trick( that was how Godzilla was almost once defeated in the animated series).
Kong might be an overgrown monkey, but let's not forget his very smart, far more smart than Godzilla.The possibility of Kong ending Godzilla is slim, but it possible, just that he might die doing so.
All these are just my opinion though, who wins the fight solely rests with the writers. If they want Kong to win, then they'll add new abilities to him, so as to guarantee he wins.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
abduleez1:

Yeah yeah it's true Kong is still growing and have beaten Godzilla before, but that beast I saw in the trailers?? Godzilla I begin to wonder how the hell he is going to defeat him. Most especially that radiation he emits from his mouth. Am wondering what will be Kong's response and defense. I hope they don't make the film stupid next year just to make Kong beat Godzilla, don't know how they are gonna pull it off without seriously nerfing Godzilla.

Strategy bro, strategy. There is no weapon as strong or powerful as brain power. With brain power, you strategize, turn unfavorable circumstance to your favour. Speaking from the animated series POV which I believe the writers would draw some of their ideas from, Godzilla isn't as powerful as you think, even with it's atomic ray.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
mekaprime:

As regards the atomic ray, all kong has to do is to leap and dodge (he's fast remember) & keep a clear distance between Godzilla & himself. Then look for a way to disable Godzilla's ray, same way he did in the 1961 movie as it charges to fire. With the ray disabled, he goes for the brain through the eyes, that should do the trick( that was how Godzilla was almost once defeated in the animated series).
Kong might be an overgrown monkey, but let's not forget his very smart, far more smart than Godzilla.The possibility of Kong ending Godzilla is slim, but it possible, just that he might die doing so.
All these are just my opinion though, who wins the fight solely rests with the writers. If they want Kong to win, then they'll add new abilities to him, so as to guarantee he wins.
that's all there is to it. smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
I'll be the first to say it here...

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is gonna win something in the Oscars. Critics are in love with it.

Tbh, it ain't that great. I enjoyed it for the most part, but, it's not classic Tarantino. Definatively, not his career best.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
It could be only me but I don't like cartoons or animations like they call it. I haven't watched a single dc cartoon. If it ain't live action or computer generated graphics like Spider man Into the Spider Verse, count me out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, I no get time for blind argument. An evidence of Kong beating Godzilla in the past was shown to you. If you like, believe, or, don't... it's your headache, not mine.

I understand. But if you check their powers, there's no way Kong can defeat Godzilla. The writers in their bias just want Kong to win, after all, it's not like Godzilla is stupid or something.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
Vexatious:
It could be only me but I don't like cartoons or animations like they call it. I haven't watched a single dc cartoon. If it ain't live action or computer generated graphics like Spider man Into the Spider Verse, count me out.
We'll have what we don't like.
I for one hate musicals like The Greatest Showman, Chicago, Les Miserables where songs are used for dialogue.
Preferences bro.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
I understand. But if you check their powers, there's no way Kong can defeat Godzilla. The writers in their bias just want Kong to win, after all, it's not like Godzilla is stupid or something.

In life there are no definites. A Lion is expected to kill a Zebra easily enough, but then, sometimes, you'll have a situation as was documented in this YouTube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rOmvwFfEk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
Yall arguing about movie logic? Movie where one soldier will kill a whole battalion? We watch most movies for entertainment, not logic.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

In life there are no definites. A Lion is expected to kill a Zebra easily enough, but then, sometimes, you'll have a situation as was documented in this YouTube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rOmvwFfEk
were not talking about that bro. We're talking about two unique creatures. Beside, how many times have a zebra killed a lion?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
ornicus:
Yall arguing about movie logic? Movie where one soldier will kill a whole battalion? We watch most movies for entertainment, not logic.

A soldier can kill a whole battalion in modern warefare.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
were not talking about that bro. We're talking about two unique creatures. Beside, how many times have a zebra killed a lion?

I used it to illustrate something to you, and you're here asking me how many times a zebra has killed a lion? You're asking the wrong questions, fella.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I used it to illustrate something to you, and you're here asking me how many times a zebra has killed a lion? You're asking the wrong questions, fella.
your illustration is flawed bro. Very flawed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
joseph1832:
your illustration is flawed bro. Very flawed.

How? You said physically, Kong can never beat Godzilla because he's weaker, no? I used a widelife incident whereby a much weaker Zebra is recorded drowning a Lion, to refute your assertions. So, tell me, how is my illustration flawed?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

A soldier can kill a whole battalion in modern warefare.

Yeah, in Cod

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (3866) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Megatron111, Ishilove and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.