Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,058 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3789863 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) ... (3846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chibudollar:
Almost 5 pages now and the whole arguments is still about Joker, na wa o.

It's the most talked about movie of the year, dwarfing other movies in it's wake. So it's normal and expected.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ford vs Ferrari

Now, this is how you do a biopic! Phew... What a thrill ride. The race sequences commixed with the score and the cinematography, was genuinely awe-inspiring, and if you're a racing fan, I guarantee you're gonna appreciate the practically shot, and very profound racing sequence.

Christian Bale and Matt Damon showed everyone why they are at the top of Hollywood food chain. The chemistry between them was engaging AF. The supporting characters complemented them beautifully... their characters fitted so well.

Overall, it's a must watch if you're into sports movies. This is as good as it gets. It's just as good as Rush (2013), maybe better.

8.4/10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
ornicus:

jus sayin' jackie collins life no dey resemble her books. the first jackie collins book i recall reading was a double feature. the world is full of married men/vs the world is full of divorced women. both books featured divorces.
In other news though, Mama wrote 32 novels and all of them made the New York Times bestselling list. I stan.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol, you must be joking man. The only people I see Galactus and Richards taking out is only Spectre and Mr Mxyzpltk, that's even highly impossible at best.

The first 3 are almost equal or far more powerful than Franklin Richards. Franklin's psionic powers and reality warping is also similar powers they all possess, so Richards na beans for where Ellaine Belloc, Lucifer and Michael dey.
In marvel, the one above all said only franklin richards and galactus will exist at the end of time. Even the living tribunal can exist at the end of time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kaycee7:
In other news though, Mama wrote 32 novels and all of them made the New York Times bestselling list. I stan.

Insert crude joke here
Knacking literature is fast selling literature

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
hulk616:
In marvel, the one above all said only franklin richards and galactus will exist at the end of time. Even the living tribunal can exist at the end of time

Lol. Oga Lucifer and Michael Demiurgos have been in existence even before TIME itself. Ellaine Belloc is more powerful than Both as Michael is her father. Heck even Dr Manhattan is above the Time continuum himself. As he is the past, present, and the future all at once. And is nigh omnipotent and Omniscient.

Even the Endless (Death, Dream, Destruction, Fate) were present at the beginning of time itself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol. Oga Lucifer and Michael Demiurgos have been in existence even before TIME itself. Ellaine Belloc is more powerful than Both as Michael is her father. Heck even Dr Manhattan is above the Time continuum himself. As he is the past, present, and the future all at once. And is nigh omnipotent and Omniscient.

Even the Endless (Death, Dream, Destruction, Fate) were present at the beginning of time itself.
in issue 2 of history of marvel universe, at the point of destruction of the multiverse, those characters were dead, only franklin, Galactus and the one above all existed.

And Dr Manhattan does not time travel, he sees the past, present and future all at once.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paradigmshift(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
narcos mexico
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
hulk616:
in issue 2 of history of marvel universe, at the point of destruction of the multiverse, those characters were dead, only franklin, Galactus and the one above all existed.

And Dr Manhattan does not time travel, he sees the past, present and future all at once.

What did I say?? Did I say he time travels.

Infact Dr Manhattan can alter reality as well as time. Not only see it. He can manipulate it. Also Atomic level manipulation, creation and destruction. Time is of no consequence to Manhattan as he experiences it simultaneously at the same time. Manhattan transcends time itself, so time travel is shit to him as he can be in and partake in it when he feels like.

Jon Osterman just needs to think of Richards not existing at all (never born) and puff he's out. Without a sweeeaaat. grin grin grin

You can buy me a beer later. grin

E be like say u think say Dr Manhattan powers na to dey fly for Mars. Na Watchmen film cos am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfricaGalactic(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

Ellaine Belloc, Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, The Spectre, Mr Mxyzpltk are more powerful than them!!
I don't believe any of the above are more powerful than the Living Tribunal. But lemme check and get back anyways
edit: Aaand I'm back. Living Tribunal is above them all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfricaGalactic(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
If we're talking of the comic book versions (which makes sense because we haven't seen Franklin Richards yet), Franklin takes a majority over Doctor Manhattan mostly because Franklin has way more high end feats. Another important factor is which version of Franklin. A fully powered adult Franklin facing off against the Doctor would be a spite match in favor of Franklin.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
AfricaGalactic:
If we're talking of the comic book versions (which makes sense because we haven't seen Franklin Richards yet), Franklin takes a majority over Doctor Manhattan mostly because Franklin has way more high end feats. Another important factor is which version of Franklin. A fully powered adult Franklin facing off against the Doctor would be a spite match in favor of Franklin.

Lol, no be Comic Book we dey discuss before. Wetin concern me with films.

Abeg name the high end feats. Infact give Franklin the most OP version. I dey wait.

The feats of Franklin is nowhere near Manhattan. Yeah, I know he can warp reality, create life forms from nothing and has created an entire universe. All these Manhattan has done, so it's nothing. .

Manhattan has edited, erased and changed the DC Multiverse timeline times without number, you wouldn't even know if he did it. He can simply rewrite history. Manhattan's powers are limitless, no one knows the full extent of his powers. I can say he is as powerful as the Living Tribunal. Living Tribunal >>> Franklin. So Manhattan STOMPS!!!

Even before his challenge with Richards he can erase him before fight start sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

What did I say?? Did I say he time travels.

Infact Dr Manhattan can alter reality as well as time. Not only see it. He can manipulate it. Also Atomic level manipulation, creation and destruction. Time is of no consequence to Manhattan as he experiences it simultaneously at the same time. Manhattan transcends time itself, so time travel is shit to him as he can be in and partake in it when he feels like.

Jon Osterman just needs to think of Richards not existing at all (never born) and puff he's out. Without a sweeeaaat. grin grin grin

You can buy me a beer later. grin

E be like say u think say Dr Manhattan powers na to dey fly for Mars. Na Watchmen film cos am.

Dr manhattan could not remove superman from existence.
Dr manhattan that was prevented from seeing the future by one normal man.
Dr manhattan that cant handle a blast from Captain atom.
Dr Manhattan that said he is being controlled by someone. (read Batman/flash button).
Galactus and Richards are more powerful than Dr Manhattan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
AfricaGalactic:

I don't believe any of the above are more powerful than the Living Tribunal. But lemme check and get back anyways
edit: Aaand I'm back. Living Tribunal is above them all
they are
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
AfricaGalactic:
Thank you. Franklin created the present Marvel multiverse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

Lol, no be Comic Book we dey discuss before. Wetin concern me with films.

Abeg name the high end feats. Infact give Franklin the most OP version. I dey wait.

The feats of Franklin is nowhere near Manhattan. Yeah, I know he can warp reality, create life forms from nothing and has created an entire universe. All these Manhattan has done, so it's nothing. .

Manhattan has edited, erased and changed the DC Multiverse timeline times without number, you wouldn't even know if he did it. He can simply rewrite history. Manhattan's powers are limitless, no one knows the full extent of his powers. I can say he is as powerful as the Living Tribunal. Living Tribunal >>> Franklin. So Manhattan STOMPS!!!

Even before his challenge with Richards he can erase him before fight start sef.
You are wrong. Read Doomsday clock and before Watchmen: Manhattan, to know the limit of Dr manhattan powers.

And DC has not confirmed that Dr manhattan created the present DC universe. but franklin was shown creating the multiverse like nothing.
Dr Manhattan presently cant see the future beyond his future meeting with superman, Franklin does not have that problem.
And the living tribunal is not more powerful than the living tribunal.

So franklin wins
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfricaGalactic(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
abduleez1:

I'm aware of the Rebirth arc.

You write off Franklin too easily. Franklin has equally recreated the Marvel universe, created pocket universes. As a child, Franklin is easily celestial level. At full power, he is eternity level. Marvel has haxed him enough to beat beings slightly higher than celestials even as a child.

What you get is Telekinesis, Telepathy, nigh-omnipotent (but above deity-level) reality warping and matter manipulation VS matter manipulation (which Manhattan mostly uses). But then again, we don't know the full powers of either of them! This is far from a stomp. REBIRTH is the only reason FR doesn't spite
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
nani667:

It was annoying.. And too much... They literally sang from start to finish... It was a good movie quite alright, and I enjoyed it when they weren't singing... But I just found the singing annoying... Truth is I didn't even know It was a musical... I just heard about it when I was watching an old interview with Hugh Jackman, Zac Effron and Zendaya on Graham Norton show... They just showed one small clip there and I decided to see it... Never knew it was a musical

Good movie overall tho
Alright, fair enough.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfricaGalactic(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
hulk616:
they are
Put together? That's debatable. Individually? The Living Tribunal licks them all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Gemini Man..4/10
Genre: Drama, Thriller

The CGI in this movie was way much & asides the de-aging effects, the excessive CGI in almost all the scenes were totally uncalled for & in my opinion, should have been expunged.
The trailer of the movie which ought to have been a kinda promotion meant to steer up the suspense & spawn a sort of hype for the flick, turned out to be it's Achilles heel. If you saw the trailer, just don't bother, cause you've almost see it all.
Script was quite poor, predictable & lackluster, the characters were flat, the action sequence(fight scene, especially Smith vs Old Smith) had CGI & special effects written all over it. As for directing, there was no sense of direction whatsoever, everyman seemed his own boss.
With all the above & some of the other unforgivable flaws, it was surely a ticking box office bomb from the get-go.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
mekaprime:
Gemini Man..4/10

The CGI in this movie was way much & asides the de-aging effects, the excessive CGI in almost all the scenes were totally uncalled for & in my opinion, should have been expunged.
The trailer of the movie which ought to have been a kinda promotion meant to steer up the suspense & spawn a sort of hype for the flick, turned out to be it's Achilles heel. If you saw the trailer, just don't bother, cause you've almost see it all.
Script was quite poor, predictable & lackluster, the characters were flat, the action sequence(fight scene, especially Smith vs Old Smith) had CGI & special effects written all over it. As for directing, there was no sense of direction whatsoever, everyman seemed his own boss.
With all the above & some of the other unforgivable flaws, it was surely a ticking box office bomb from the get-go.

And it bombed badly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
armadeo:

And it bombed badly.
As in enh, i think it's the worst box office bomb so far this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
hulk616:
Dr manhattan could not remove superman from existence.
Dr manhattan that was prevented from seeing the future by one normal man.
Dr manhattan that cant handle a blast from Captain atom.
Dr Manhattan that said he is being controlled by someone. (read Batman/flash button).
Galactus and Richards are more powerful than Dr Manhattan.
Dr Manhattan is basically the god of his own universe, his power is limitless. We all know limitless is boring. I don't even enjoy reading the his comics.
He can basically rewrite existence as we know it and we won't even know. Just imagine that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
hulk616:
You are wrong. Read Doomsday clock and before Watchmen: Manhattan, to know the limit of Dr manhattan powers.

And DC has not confirmed that Dr manhattan created the present DC universe. but franklin was shown creating the multiverse like nothing.
Dr Manhattan presently cant see the future beyond his future meeting with superman, Franklin does not have that problem.
And the living tribunal is not more powerful than the living tribunal.

So franklin wins
Wait I actually thought you all were arguing about Galactus and Dr Manhattan

Who is the clown that put Franklin and Dr Manhattan in the same sentence cheesy grin
Even when franklin was growing in his powers, Dr Manhattan won't have been able to match him.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
mekaprime:
Gemini Man..4/10

My gripe wasn't so much excess CGI as it was the dialogue. It was cringey as much as it was boring. Whoever penned the script should have their license stripped from them.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
cao:
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
What did you think of it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
Ford vs Ferrari

Now, this is how you do a biopic! Phew... What a thrill ride. The race sequences commixed with the score and the cinematography, was genuinely awe-inspiring, and if you're a racing fan, I guarantee you're gonna appreciate the practically shot, and very profound racing sequence.

Christian Bale and Matt Damon showed everyone why they are at the top of Hollywood food chain. The chemistry between them was engaging AF. The supporting characters complemented them beautifully... their characters fitted so well.

Overall, it's a must watch if you're into sports movies. This is as good as it gets. It's just as good as Rush (2013), maybe better.

8.4/10

Nice one chairman, local man is totally pleased with this review. I've been super hyped for this flick, two automobile giants going head to head, damn!! am hyped as fvck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
AfricaGalactic:

Put together? That's debatable. Individually? The Living Tribunal licks them all.
they are not
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

My gripe wasn't so much excess CGI as it was the dialogue. It was cringey as much as it was boring. Whoever penned the script should have their license stripped from them.

Lolz, so fvcking true. They were quite ware the script was bad so they decided to roll in the big guns(CGI & Special effects) as a way of compensation for the shortcomings of the lackluster plot, but unfortunately, they totally went overboard & messed up the whole thing. It was like adding salt to an injury/sore.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
NeededGist:

Dr Manhattan is basically the god of his own universe, his power is limitless. We all know limitless is boring. I don't even enjoy reading the his comics.
He can basically rewrite existence as we know it and we won't even know. Just imagine that.
dr Manhattan powers are not limitless and he does not rewrite existence any how
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
mekaprime:

Nice one chairman, local man is totally pleased with this review. I've been super hyped for this flick, two automobile giants going head to head, damn!! am hyped as fvck.

It's a complete movie. Great casting, script, score, VFX, and cinematography... and Bale. Bale killed it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) ... (3846) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: NeoWanZaeed(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.