Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1867) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3744660 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
urahara:

When did they ever say the system was broken ?

all through the film. it's the underlining theme of the movie.

a)the therapist that therapizes arthur got her office shut down because the city elite didn't give a shit about the ordinary people.

b)arthur got beaten up by upper middle class bullies for nothing other than he was a clown.

it was everywhere but subtle.

urahara:

And even if the system was broken , why did the poor have to take out their misery on the rich ?

why not

if a broken system favours someone that has more money than you, are you telling me that you will not resent that person?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
SalomonKane:
so love you 3000 and one didn't win anything? grin

To the best of my knowledge, na Surfboard I saw him win. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

all through the film. it's the underlining theme of the movie.

a)the therapist that therapizes arthur got her office shut down because the city elite didn't give a shit about the ordinary people.

It's not because the city elite didn't care about poor people , it's because the govt didn't give a shit about " people like Arthur " i.e people with mental illnesses.The therapist that Arthur was going to was reliant upon the government for funding.

If roads go bad and if govt hospitals or govt organisations that are meant to help the needy go out of service , it's not Dangote or Otedola you will blame. You will blame the govt.

DandeNumeruno:

b)arthur got beaten up by upper middle class bullies for nothing other than he was a clown.

it was everywhere but subtle.

Arthur got beaten up by upper middle class eople and he also got beaten up by just some random regular kids.

His colleague that gave him that gun and reported to his boss was a poor person like him.

Arthur himself said it that everybody was so mean , notice that he even told Murray that he was dressed up as a clown not to protest as he didn't " believe in any of that stuff ".
DandeNumeruno:

if a broken system favours someone that has more money than you, are you telling me that you will not resent that person?

Again no where in the film is it implied that there was a system favouring the rich.

The poor people were simply bitter that the rich people were rich.

Heck even in Nigeria that things are really bleeped up , you can't see a poor man resenting or wanting to kill a rich person simply because that person is rich.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
JeromeBlack:

Are you that scared of me?

I have repented, anyway.

Hahahaha, why should i be scared of you.
Just telling him to be careful of what he wishes for, never knew you guys were buddies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2020
losprince:

I used the word to represent something different from it's definition.

Cock blocking is when a guy either out of ignorance or jealousy prevents another guy from engaging in debauchery with a female. grin girls can also engage in cock blocking, now tell me how many guys have been cock blocked by you?
I've lost count. They can't seem to keep their hands to themselves.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
Now we know the troll has been monitoring the thread on ghost mode. One mention and boom, he appears.

Some things never change.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BigBudi(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
Knives out

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
losprince:
Recently discovered this American animated comedy South Park, The Funniest animated comedy I have ever seen. grin

South Park has been on air was 20 years or so.
If you like dark humor check out its always sunny in Philadelphia or Rick and Morty
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
urahara:

It's not because the city elite didn't care about poor people , it's because the govt didn't give a shit about " people like Arthur " i.e people with mental illnesses.The therapist that Arthur was going to was reliant upon the government for funding.

If roads go bad and if govt hospitals or govt organisations that are meant to help the needy go out of service , it's not Dangote or Otedola you will blame. You will blame the govt.

don't be naive. who do you think run the government?

the elite run and control the government dude.

urahara:

Arthur got beaten up by upper middle class eople and he also got beaten up by just some random regular kids.

His colleague that gave him that gun and reported to his boss was a poor person like him.

Arthur himself said it that everybody was so mean , notice that he even told Murray that he was dressed up as a clown not to protest as he didn't " believe in any of that stuff ".

Again no where in the film is it implied that there was a system favouring the rich.

The poor people were simply bitter that the rich people were rich.

Heck even in Nigeria that things are really bleeped up , you can't see a poor man resenting or wanting to kill a rich person simply because that person is rich.

i don't have the energy to argue about something ewu n' okuko ma.

believe what you want to believe.

the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Anna.

I've a funny feeling Luc Besson will entertain me in the beginning, then may end up just frustrating me or fizzling out in the end. I'll still probably enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

don't be naive. who do you think run the government?

the elite run and control the government dude.

i don't have the energy to argue about something ewu n' okuko ma.

believe what you want to believe.

the end.

You have failed to explain why even in the u.s when things go wrong its the govt that gets the blame and not any foolish Elite you have been mentioning.The psychiatrist herself said that they ( the govt ) didn't give a shit about people with mental problems not poor people but people with mental problems.

When fuel subsidy was removed , Nigerians and I'm very sure even you didn't go and start blaming Otedola and Mike adenuga for the fuel subsidy removal . Complaints were made to the govt.

If you didn't have the energy to argue you should never have quoted me in the first place.

You are just someone that is parroting what you must have been hearing all around you without given somethings much thoughts.

If you can't argue reasonably , don't quote me wink

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Gmajor:

South Park has been on air was 20 years or so.
If you like dark humor check out its always sunny in Philadelphia or Rick and Morty
I know about those two already. Thanks. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
alexistaiwo:
JeromeBlack suing for peace?

I am not buying this undecided

I'm a changed man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Octopusssy:
Now we know the troll has been monitoring the thread on ghost mode. One mention and boom, he appears.

Some things never change.

It actually took 1 day and 4 mentions.

Madam, let go of the past. The future is bright.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
abduleez1:

Nah, who fit forget you? grin

I just miss you, the time when you put reasonable argument on the table, not when you're trolling.

Others focus much on the trolling. I don't focus much on the negatives, after all everyone has their bad times. I just see it as time to whine, jeer and laugh at others nothing else. Just a good laugh.

This is TRULY a new year, so everyone should March forward and try to leave the stupid things we did last year.

Well said.

Thanks for the encouragement
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tu9ic3(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
BigBudi:
Knives out

Please link to download
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BigBudi(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
tu9ic3:

Please link to download
Thanks
I'll get banned. Wish there was some other ways to send it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tu9ic3(m): 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
BigBudi:
I'll get banned. Wish there was some other ways to send it

I just followed you
Follow back I we can be able to send email to each other

Or better still mention me ur number in any dead thread
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
PUBLIC ENEMIES (2009) 7.6/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
tu9ic3:

Please link to download Thanks
https://firefiles.org/tednu2j4b7vc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by starlightRR(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
urahara:
Who else noticed that the elite in joker never did anything wrong ?

All the poor ever wanted to do was to find people to blame for all their problems.

Carefully re-watch the movie, especially the first scene. Thomas Wayne was actually a major factor
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
DandeNumeruno:
PUBLIC ENEMIES (2019) 7.6/10
another shiit you wan hype? undecided

P.s: 2009 movie not 2019

Mafia kind of movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
urahara:

You have failed to explain why even in the u.s when things go wrong its the govt that gets the blame and not any foolish Elite you have been mentioning.The psychiatrist herself said that they ( the govt ) didn't give a shit about people with mental problems not poor people but people with mental problems.

When fuel subsidy was removed , Nigerians and I'm very sure even you didn't go and start blaming Otedola and Mike adenuga for the fuel subsidy removal . Complaints were made to the govt.

If you didn't have the energy to argue you should never have quoted me in the first place.

You are just someone that is parroting what you must have been hearing all around you without given somethings much thoughts.

At the bolded , whatever you said , I wish uupon you and your whole generation born and unborn.

If you can't argue reasonably , don't quote me wink

At the bolded, Haba! my good man, it hasn't gotten to that na. That wasn't an insult. What he meant was that he doesn't have strength arguing about something that is quite clear to the point that everyone knows about it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
mekaprime:

At the bolded, Haba! my good man, it hasn't gotten to that na. That wasn't an insult. What he meant was that he doesn't have strength arguing about something that is quite clear to the point that everyone knows about it.

As I saw ewu I thought he was calling me a goat.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
Priest

5.8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
urahara:

As I saw ewu I thought he was calling me a goat.

Lolz, he wasn't. ewu n' okuko , means goat & chicken. It's his way of saying everyone.

And as for the argument, what you've to understand is that the government is made up of the elites, there are no proletariats in government or in power, it's usually the elites who run & control the government.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Tolu121:
another shiit you wan hype? undecided

P.s: 2009 movie not 2019
Mafia kind of movie
yeah it's a 2009 movie, na typo.
hype kwa? so someone cannot rate a movie again?
iffa slap u ehn..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
mekaprime:

ma nigga! grin

am declaring you my personal interpreter from now henceforth. grin

i'll write in vernacular and you'll interprete it to the great unwashed. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2020
mekaprime:

Lolz, he wasn't. ewu n' okuko , means goat & chicken. It's his was of saying everyone.

And as for the argument, what you've to understand is that the government is made up of the elites, there are no proletariats in government or in power, it's usually the elites who run & control the government.

game, set and match.

urahara shey you don see am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by urahara(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

game, set and match.

urahara shey you don see am.

Chaii , Boss mi , I'm sorry.

Don't be offended.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

yeah it's a 2009 movie, na typo.

hype kwa? so someone cannot rate a movie again?

iffa slap u ehn..

oya rate SEE for me

I am about to download it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2020
Tolu121:
oya rate SEE for me
I am about to download it
it's average. 5/10

(1) (2) (3) ... (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.