Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757079 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
SalomonKane:
didn't know there's a sequel. Been looking for the movie can't find it. Can you recommend any site for me?
yts.mx. it's a torrent site though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ishilove:

yts.mx. it's a torrent site though
okay. Thanks a mill.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:04am On Feb 21, 2020
mekaprime:

I swear, Julia nyash don make this movie very popular for here.
some people day even rewatch that closet scene 6-7 times, all because of nyash.

Lol, grin

Omo the girl yansh worth am DIE. Na truly "uncut GEM" grin grin

Na cos of that yansh the film go tey small for my phone. If not na delete straight I for do cos I dey clean up space. grin Too much films to clear.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:18am On Feb 21, 2020
SalomonKane:
didn't know there's a sequel. Been looking for the movie can't find it. Can you recommend any site for me?

There isn't a sequel for Kung Fu hustle, it's just one movie for now. It was truly one of Stephen Chows finest IMHO. Have you've seen Shaolin Soccer, God of Gamblers 1,2,3, King of comedy & The tricky master, these are some of his movies that'll sure make you lol hard & keep you entertained.
You can check movie loverz dot o r g for the movie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by anonymousghost2(m): 5:29am On Feb 21, 2020
mekaprime:
Jumanji: The Next Level..7/10
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Next level was pretty good, though Welcome to the jungle was more lively & had more action & adventure than it. The comedy was very hilarious especially the grand pa character, Dwayne Johnson really did justice to that role.
From that ending, It sure seems they're spinning Jumanji into a franchise. Well, i just hope they continually stick to this formula of theirs.
Jumanji 3/10.
Wack
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by anonymousghost2(m): 6:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:
Jumanji 11-

Great fun and a load of laughs. Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillian and The Rock are very prolific actors.

If they continue like this Jumanji will never get old. cheesy

8.5/10

Stop the hype, the movie na garbage...
3/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by anonymousghost2(m): 6:20am On Feb 21, 2020
Odkboy23:
I'm surprised people liked Jumanji the next level, I prefer the first part, this recent one to me was kinda predictable.

So wack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Laurene: 6:20am On Feb 21, 2020
21 bridges: 2/10.
Wack plot, action, cinematography. So predictable and new new. Very poor performance from Chadwick boseman, and he looks sick though(wonder what's wrong with him. I am a foool for wasting my time on a dumb movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by anonymousghost2(m): 6:20am On Feb 21, 2020
alangrin55:
Joker - 4/10

I just don't get it, don't get the hype. Phoenix's performance was good but just served to carry an otherwise boring and generic film. 2 Hours of my life I honestly want back. Pacing was way too slow and just seemed to drag on.

Very over hype nonsense..

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 7:09am On Feb 21, 2020
mekaprime:

There isn't a sequel for Kung Fu hustle, it's just one movie for now. It was truly one of Stephen Chows finest IMHO. Have you've seen Shaolin Soccer, God of Gamblers 1,2,3, King of comedy & The tricky master, these are some of his movies that'll sure make you lol hard & keep you entertained.
You can check movie loverz dot o r g for the movie.
thanks bro.

Modified.

Too many pop-ups in the site. Can't even scroll down without getting a pop-up. It's kinda annoying
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:54am On Feb 21, 2020
It seems some people were expecting a hot action film when they were going to watch the Joker.

grin grin

Them think sey na pg13 avengers

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2020

8.5/10

Some how similar to Dunkirk but has better visuals and a more telling story. Dunkirk was way more captivating tho.

I'm grateful I have never witnessed war, when I see people beating their chest at the thought of conflict it just makes me sad. War is glorious to those who have never experienced it.

Those Germans are bastards.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2020
JeromeBlack:
It seems some people were expecting a hot action film when they were going to watch the Joker.

grin grin

Disney done turn men to undercover soy boys.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:07am On Feb 21, 2020
losprince:

8.5/10

Some how similar to Dunkirk but has better visuals and a more telling story. Dunkirk was way more captivating tho.

I'm grateful I have never witnessed war, when I see people beating their chest at the thought of conflict it just makes me sad. War is glorious to those who have never experienced it.

Those Germans are bastards.
It’s men who is wicked irrespective of countries, in fact not all German were in support of the Holocaust but they have to do it for the live of their country

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2020
Wildtales (2014) 8/10. it is as good as anthology gets...6 beautifully crafted stories centred around vengence.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ravioli(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2020
Queen & Slim
8/10
Dope movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2020
JeromeBlack:

grin grin

I swear. You can say that again. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Osigamontiga: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackShit: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Laurene:
21 bridges: 2/10.
Wack plot, action, cinematography. So predictable and new new. Very poor performance from Chadwick boseman, and he looks sick though(wonder what's wrong with him. I am a foool for wasting my time on a dumb movie.

Na wah o. The way some of you condemn movies here is terrible. You sound really bitter. At least appreciate the time, money and effort put into it by the cast and crew instead of condemning it from A to Z.

As if thats not enough, you even cursed yourself and the time you spent watching it. shocked

When analyzing movies you need to understand that your opinion is subjective and not final. People see different things in movies when they watch them. The fact that YOU don't like it doesn't necessarily mean the movie is wack and condemnable.

=====
For example:

I see many people discarding the movie Joker here because it doesn't have the boom boom thrilling effect they like. That movie contains a very deep message and reveals a lot about society and human nature. It is the kind of movie that touches aspects of society and realities of life that many of us fail to see around us. But because some people are too shallow to see beyond their screen they discard it as trash and keep wondering why it's getting many accolades.

If you want to really see how powerful and impactful the Joker movie is, read through YouTube comments on any of the movie videos on YouTube and see how deeply people related with it.

No matter how action packed and thrilling movies like the Avenger Infinity war and Endgame are, they actually do not have any application and impact on humanity and the real world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2020
losprince:

Disney done turn men to undercover soy boys.

You dey mind Dem. Fox's Deadpool na next.

Just as they're destroying the Star Wars franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:43am On Feb 21, 2020
BlackShit:

Na wah o. The way some of you condemn movies here is terrible. You sound really bitter. At least appreciate the time, money and effort put into it by the cast and crew instead of condemning it from A to Z.

As if thats not enough, you even cursed yourself and the time you spent watching it. shocked

When analyzing movies you need to understand that your opinion is subjective and not final. People see different things in movies when they watch them. The fact that YOU don't like it doesn't necessarily mean the movie is wack and condemnable.

=====
For example:

I see many people discarding the movie Joker here because it doesn't have the boom boom thrilling effect they like. That movie contains a very deep message and reveals a lot about society and human nature. It is the kind of movie that touches aspects of society and realities of life that many of us fail to see around us. But because some people are too shallow to see beneath their screen they discarded it as trash and keep wondering why it's getting many accolades.

If you want to really see how powerful and impactful the Joker move is, read through YouTube comments on any of the movie videos on YouTube and see how deeply people related with it.

No matter how action packed and thrilling movies like the Avenger Infinity WA and Endgame are, they actually do not have any applicable to the real world.

The only thing worth remembering and I could relate with the Joker movie is this quote:

"If it was me dying on the sidewalk, you would walk right over me, I pass you everyday and you don't notice me"

I get, a lot of people can relate with the message about rejection, preying on the weak, a dysfunctional society, but, why name it Joker? Especially knowing how the plot the previous Joker movies took, why not name it Clown Man grin

To me it's deceit to use the name Joker knowing that people have an already established expectation of what the movie should look like.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2020
anonymousghost2:

Stop the hype, the movie na garbage...
3/10
I am not stopping anything. I am hyping it because I enjoyed the movie immensely and actually watched it a second time ( something I rarely ever do).

I don't force my tastes on anyone, and you shouldn't as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2020
Seems that that Nollywood terrorist pr!ck is back. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2020
BlackShit:

=====
For example:

I see many people discarding the movie Joker here because it doesn't have the boom boom thrilling effect they like. That movie contains a very deep message and reveals a lot about society and human nature. It is the kind of movie that touches aspects of society and realities of life that many of us fail to see around us. But because some people are too shallow to see beneath their screen they discarded it as trash and keep wondering why it's getting many accolades.

If you want to really see how powerful and impactful the Joker move is, read through YouTube comments on any of the movie videos on YouTube and see how deeply people related with it.

No matter how action packed and thrilling movies like the Avenger Infinity war and Endgame are, they actually do not have any application and impact on humanity and the real world.
You couldn't have said it an better. The movie is very deep. Those who call it a trashy movie are those disconnected from the realities of this world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

The only thing worth remembering and I could relate with the Joker movie is this quote:

"If it was me dying on the sidewalk, you would walk right over me, I pass you everyday and you don't notice me"

I get, a lot of people can relate with the message about rejection, preying on the weak, a dysfunctional society, but, why name it Joker? Especially knowing how the plot the previous Joker movies took, why not name it Clown Man grin

To me it's deceit to use the name Joker knowing that people have an already established expectation of what the movie should look like.
If you are complaining about this version of joker, what will you say about Jared Leto's abomination

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:49am On Feb 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

There is no deceit here. The movie portrays one man's devolution into a homicidal maniac known as the Joker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:50am On Feb 21, 2020
losprince:

If you are complaining about this version of joker, what will you say about Jared Leto's abomination
Jared Leto's Joker is quite cringeworthy embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Stop this Clownishness. angry People who paid a little more attention knew what Joker gonna be like. Even the Director said months before it even started filming and before release that if you're expecting same things as previous Batman Movies, you were gonna HATE it.

It's a character study on Joker, and not an action packed movie.

Do some little bit of research on movies you intend to watch, instead of screaming crap when you're unable to understand it or doesn't match your expectations. angry

Aren't you the "CLOWN MAN" that watched a YouTube preview video and gave a movie a rating based on a 5 mins preview??

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:

Jared Leto's Joker is quite cringeworthy embarassed
angry It's something that never should have existed. And to think of the troubles his Co stars had to suffer at his hands undecided they should have destroyed that abomination the minute it was conceived, burn it, bury it and whip the originator as a deterrent to future ones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
abduleez1:

Stop this Clownishness. angry People who paid a little more attention knew what Joker gonna be like. Even the Director said months before it even started filming and before release that if you're expecting same things as previous Batman Movies, you were gonna HATE it.

It's a character study on Joker, and not an action packed movie.

Do some little bit of research on movies you intend to watch, instead of screaming crap when you're unable to understand it or doesn't match your expectations. angry

Aren't you the "CLOWN MAN" that watched a YouTube preview video and gave a movie a rating based on a 5 mins preview??

Learn to respect other people's opinion. That's all I will say for now.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:59am On Feb 21, 2020
losprince:

Abeg help me ask am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Learn to respect other people's opinion. That's all I will say for now.

I could also say same for you too. I ain't disrespecting you, just stating the facts.

But sometimes peeps need to be called out on shitty opinions if their opinions aren't based on facts or reason. grin

It's just like people given a licence to speak any sh!t they like, just cos there's "Freedom of Speech". cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: bhest(m), Edd1e(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.