Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3770506 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (3840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
No, that was CA civil war

Ok, I just checked YouTube, seems I have seen it passively. Prefer Civil War to it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
The final battle was too short, they did Hulk a bad one

I'm looking at the years they produced the Avengers franchise and they are all produced within short periods of the other.

Infinity War was produced in 2018 then there came Endgame in 2019. Winter Soldier in 2014 then came Civil War in 2016.

Do theses guys even get to rest? Consider how much training they undertake in these movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
SalomonKane:
how was it?
It was honestly insane. First and foremost, it's a Harley Quinn film. There could have done better with character development. Some characters needed more screen time, some less. Can't fault the acting, but gorramit some characters needed more screen time. They really need to learn how to handle films with an ensemble cast at WB/DC. Enjoyed the fight scenes - the police station raid is definitely the highlight. On entertainment value alone, a solid 7.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by alangrin55: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Joker - 4/10

I just don't get it, don't get the hype. Phoenix's performance was good but just served to carry an otherwise boring and generic film. 2 Hours of my life I honestly want back. Pacing was way too slow and just seemed to drag on.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
alangrin55:
Joker - 4/10

I just don't get it, don't get the hype. Phoenix's performance was good but just served to carry an otherwise boring and generic film. 2 Hours of my life I honestly want back. Pacing was way too slow and just seemed to drag on.
I can understand your predicament, 'cause no question it was brilliantly acted, but I feel folks have overhyped the film way too much. Compared to Parasite, that's been really really hyped and after watching it I could honestly justify the hype. My a$$ sat there in the cinema for like a minute for the thing settle. At the end of the day, it's all subjective.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
cao:

It was honestly insane. First and foremost, it's a Harley Quinn film. There could have done better with character development. Some characters needed more screen time, some less. Can't fault the acting, but gorramit some characters needed more screen time. They really need to learn how to handle films with an ensemble cast at WB/DC. Enjoyed the fight scenes - the police station raid is definitely the highlight. On entertainment value alone, a solid 7.

ha, a woman of culture.

a fellow FIREFLY fan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
alangrin55:
Joker - 4/10

grin that movie was one overhyped piece of trash
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

I'm looking at the years they produced the Avengers franchise and they are all produced within short periods of the other.

Infinity War was produced in 2018 then there came Endgame in 2019. Winter Soldier in 2014 then came Civil War in 2016.

Do theses guys even get to rest? Consider how much training they undertake in these movies.

acting is a stressful job bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

ha, a woman of culture.

a fellow FIREFLY fan.
I'm just sitting here quietly singing the theme song...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

IW and endgame was shot back-to-back
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
BetWinners:

No need for me to talk too much.
Just watch the 2mins 17secs video below & see how men of all races lose their damn minds cos of well shaped nyansh cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04p2AT7CyG0
Those men got guts.One even asked her if he could "rub it down a little" grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
alangrin55:
Joker - 4/10

Don't loud it too much or you might upset it's fanboys who are ready to jump and tear you apart for speaking the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Those men got guts.One even asked her if he could "rub it down a little" grin

He's asking for consent na

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
IW and endgame was shot back-to-back

My thoughts exactly. These guys are so professional.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
alangrin55:
Joker - 4/10

My younger sis gave me the film, after seeing it, I told her never to try such again, she told me she's yet to see it herself and that she's gonna delete it.

Mischievous me, trying not to be the only one to have seen such an eyesore recommended it to a friend, weeks after, she told me not to try such rubbish again. grin

The movie Joker is a Joke.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

My thoughts exactly. These guys are so professional.
And they are paid handsomely for their professionalism

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Before you start pitying Japan, please read about the Nanjing Massacre.

Lol, no I wasn't pitying Japan. I was only stating their current STATE from being the Conquerors to presently become the Conquered. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

My younger sis gave me the film, after seeing it, I told her never to try such again, she told me she's yet to see it herself and that she's gonna delete it.

Mischievous me, trying not to be the only one to have seen such an eyesore recommended it to a friend, weeks after, she told me not to try such rubbish again. grin

The movie Joker is a Joke.
Imagine someone was saying this movie should have won best director and best picture at the academy....lol

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, no I wasn't pitying Japan. I was only stating their current STATE from being the Conquerors to presently become the Conquered. grin
They chose to be a pacifist, after what America did to them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
They chose to be a pacifist, after what America did to them

Yea, I stated it in my earlier comment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
When did Sharon Osborne join the Matrix franchise?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

it's carrie-anne moss aka trinity, not sharon osborn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
CONSPIRACY THEORY(1997)....6/10

APT STUDENT (1998)....7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
hulk616:
grin that movie was one overhyped piece of trash
what about Avenger: Endgame? I'm sure with you its awesome.

Rest Abeg. Joker won end of story.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
cao:

thanks for this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
SalomonKane:
thanks for this.
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
cao:

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.
haven't seen it, yet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 12:30am On Feb 20, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

it's carrie-anne moss aka trinity, not sharon osborn.
I know, I was being sarcastic

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:51am On Feb 20, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
Keanu is 55 and Carrie 52, how did she age so fast? shocked

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2020
cao:

I can understand your predicament, 'cause no question it was brilliantly acted, but I feel folks have overhyped the film way too much. Compared to Parasite, that's been really really hyped and after watching it I could honestly justify the hype. My a$$ sat there in the cinema for like a minute for the thing settle. At the end of the day, it's all subjective.

So parasite lived up to the hype? I guess being best picture is no small feat
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2020
SalomonKane:
haven't seen it, yet.
I gathered that, that was simply for when you eventually watch it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
I know, I was being sarcastic
ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (3840) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), mighty5050(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.