Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3739777 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 20, 2020
Raalsalghul:
angry
what is wrong with this one ? angry

How dare you cancel the word of an high level thinker. angry

This DC fan never learns
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tinyemeka(m): 6:22am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

yeah, English.

Thanks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:28am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
Story.. Disobeying orders most times will elicit a reaction, if the person is armed and unwilling to cooperate the cop are obliged by law use force tho not lethal expect the armed person poses a clear and present danger...let the machete man try to chop of the head of the cop lemme see how his reaction will be..so in perspective it boils down to dealing with a rational "armed" person or dealing with an irrational crack head armed person.

Now back to Queen and slim, i did say the cop gave orders which they refuse hence the shot and then i said it shouldn't have been lethal since they were unharmed, but this Mfs were Fugitives (as far as the cops where concerned at that point) about to escape the country...so i say they got what they bargained for.
Did they shoot at the police or simply refuse to comply with orders?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycee7:
Did they shoot at the police or simply refuse to comply with orders?
Refused to comply with orders.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Lolz...seriously, so you didn't know it was Jeromeblack Aka JBL?. No matter the moniker he uses on this thread, Jeromeblack is one of the easiest personality to decipher. He's always himself, no matter the moniker he hides under.
lol i should have known tbh, had all the traits of a typical JoromeBlack rambling cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:21am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
Refused to comply with orders.
Then it's wrong for the police to shoot at them. Basic protocol dictates that the police only shoot when lethal force is anticipated. Basically, you have to actually attempt to kill a police officer or a civilian before lethal force (shooting) can be used against you.
That scene was depicting racist brutality against the black man.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycee7:
Then it's wrong for the police to shoot at them. Basic protocol dictates that the police only shoot when lethal force is anticipated. Basically, you have to actually attempt to kill a police officer or a civilian before lethal force (shooting) can be used against you.
I still stated that the lethal force was not necessary yesterday, but they have clearly made up thier mind to cross the border or least go down as some kind of hero seeing they already had a cult following among the blacks. In all honesty what would you have suggested the police should have done?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
G..The writers had a good material but decided to spin it silly, i was expecting from shooting the cop, the girl been a lawyer would have taken up the case against the police force to argue for self defence, then win the case and cause a reform in the law on how cops handle black people....
As usual, it's a sympathy movie about how much cops hate blacks. I don't see myself watching such movies in the nearest future, I'm getting tired of them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Better.

The only part that you should correct is the end. They should have been arrested and not killed.

They were unarmed. We have seen armed white men survive encounters with police in USA

In that period and background, police would never arrest a black man.

They knew they were dead from the beginning.

They only delayed their end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 8:22am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
They did tell them to get on the ground which they ignored (another bad decision) and police would usually shoot in such scenerio but not a fatal shot except in the case where the criminal is armed or firing back.

They were always going to kill them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Spoiler Alert

If they had ran, in the absence of the cops dash cam, it's very much ok & understandable because we all know they wouldn't stand a chance against the American criminal Justice system.
She's a lawyer, a very good one at that, so she claims. Seeing that they had leverage, why run?
Ok Slim suggests they check the cops body for his body cam, so that they can probably dispose it cause it might be used against them as an evidence, are they really serious? .... like wanting to dispose of something which could liberate you.

They are black and then cop-killers too.

No redemption for them in that era.

They were dead men walking.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2020
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)

An oncreen adaptation of one of Michael Connelly's 31 novels. Introducing Mickey Haller, a criminal defense attorney. Mickey is as streetwise as any of the criminals he had defended. He's also half-brother to Detective first class, Harry Bosch, Micheal Connelly's mainstay cum principal Hero. Folks that follow Amazon Prime's Cop drama, Bosch, will know what I'm talking about.

Mickey Haller can hustle with the best of them. Hence when a rich client came calling, claiming to be innocent of the crime he's been accused of, thus ensued a tale of deceit, betrayal, and the search for truth, and payback.

It's a very regaling, suspense-filled and twisty legal thriller. Mathew McConaughey put in a slam dunk performance worthy of the Oscars. He certainly brought Mickey Haller from the novels to life. The intense stares, the cocky half smiles, the charm, the deadpan expressions.

Lastly, A big shout out to Mickey's Lincoln Navigator. As an admirer of mint vintage cars, the vehicle is fine asf.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2020
toluxe0075:

As usual, it's a sympathy movie about how much cops hate blacks. I don't see myself watching such movies in the nearest future, I'm getting tired of them.

Do you believe that American cops tend to be harsher on blacks?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 9:00am On Apr 20, 2020
hulk616:
what is wrong with this one ? angry
How dare you cancel the word of an high level thinker. angry
This DC fan never learns
Hulk616, do you think of yourself as a marvel fanboy?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:19am On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycee7:
Charlie's Angels 4.5/10

Cliché plot, action scenes were on and off and the acting was just there. Stunts and execution varied from good in some scenes to horrible in others.
Surprisingly, I didn't hate it like I thought I would. At least, it didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. There were some moments of virtue-signaling, third-wave feminism but they just made me role my eyes and I probably cringed only once or twice.
I actually liked the 3 lead actresses. Yes, even Kristen Stewart's character. And, looorrdddd, Ella Balinska is haaaawwwwt! She's the .5 in my rating. Just for her, I take back what I said to nani, this movie should definitely be watched in the highest possible resolution.

Ah Swear. She's the main reason for me enjoying that flick. And I actually gave the movie an extra .5 cos of HER. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycee7:

If I may chip in something here. Sometimes when no amount of persuasion or warnings work on a belligerent person cops have no other option than to use force.

Ok, here's the scenario here. They were cop killers, & they were considered armed & dangerous. The cops orders them more than once to lay down on the ground, they refused. what would you have the cops do under this scenario? walk up to them, knowing fully well they might be armed & dangerous? Nobody wanted to take such risks on a supposed cop killer. Also, how long were you expecting the cops to wait for them to comply?. Since they were never going to comply, what were you expecting the cops to do, hold hands & sing Kumbaya?

The lady cop who shot Queen might have misfired, but what about Slim? why was he so stubborn, why didn't he just lay still.
The fact is that, they both wanted to go out that way, that was why they did what they did.
I'd only choose to see it as racial brutality if they complied and was shot still.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Lolz...seriously, so you didn't know it was Jeromeblack Aka JBL?. No matter the moniker he uses on this thread, Jeromeblack is one of the easiest personality to decipher. He's always himself, no matter the moniker he hides under.

Lolz..... That's why I like him. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2020
Blood Diamonds

So, I finally saw this movie after almost a decade plus. Di Caprio was 10/10 in his performance, unarguably one of the Hall of Fame member of Hollywood.

What can I say about Africa? From Congo to Nigeria, to Sudan, to Somalia, to Liberia, to Rwanda, to Sierra Leone, even to South Africa, Kenya, Ivory Coast and d list goes on. I hope we have finally learnt our lessons that war leaves destruction and poverty when we allow it into our homes.

To the developed countries, they must stop funding these wars tru illegal arms purchase and d struggle for mineral welath.

Man unkind to Mankind.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 9:46am On Apr 20, 2020
abduleez1:

Ah Swear. She's the main reason for me enjoying that flick. And I actually gave the movie an extra .5 cos of HER. grin

My penis only has love for short hair Kirsten Stewart.

I never liked her from twilight or her earlier movies.

But that short hair does something to me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 9:56am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

If I may chip in something here. Sometimes when no amount of persuasion or warnings work on a belligerent person cops have no other option than to use force.

Ok, here's the scenario here. They were cop killers, & they were considered armed & dangerous. The cops orders them more than once to lay down on the ground, they refused. what would you have the cops do under this scenario? walk up to them, knowing fully well they might be armed & dangerous? Nobody wanted to take such risks on a supposed cop killer. Also, how long were you expecting the cops to wait for them to comply?. Since they were never going to comply, what were you expecting the cops to do, hold hands & sing Kumbaya?

The lady cop who shot Queen might have misfired, but what about Slim? why was he so stubborn, why didn't he just lay still.
The fact is that, they both wanted to go out that way, that was why they did what they did.
I'd only choose to see it as racial brutality if they complied and was shot still.

The protocol is to negotiate first. If that fails, then, surround the suspects and neuter them either by taser or takedown
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

it's Hollywood.

A name like this should tell you that the movie was hastily put together in order to ride the corona virus wave and as such, the movie will most likely suck
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Do you believe that American cops tend to be harsher on blacks?

Some few bad eggs amongst the blacks brought this upon the entire black populace.
With cases like the one below, don't expect the hatred to end anytime soon. I also see the hatred spreading to blacks who are black & blue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8229087/Slain-police-officer-Breann-Leaths-funeral-takes-place-Indianapolis-Motor-Speedway.html
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

The protocol is to negotiate first. If that fails, then, surround the suspects and neuter them either by taser or takedown
Explain how you will "take down" or neuter someone with a taser wielding a semi automatic weapon and holding a hostage
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Some few bad eggs amongst the blacks brought this upon the entire black populace.
With cases like the one below, don't expect the hatred to end anytime soon. I also see the hatred spreading to blacks who are black & blue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8229087/Slain-police-officer-Breann-Leaths-funeral-takes-place-Indianapolis-Motor-Speedway.html

Now I understand that I'm debating with people who have no idea about life abroad.

Yes, I might sound arrogant elitist and rude but it is only natural. You are ignorant of american history and black experience there.

So it is african Americans that brought police brutality on themselves?

Do you know how silly that sounds?

1. First are there not anti police whites? Are there not white criminals?

2. Or have you forgotten American history where police routinely arrested blacks for no reason or useless reasons like talking to white girls, being in white business premises and walking in the night?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abiolag(m): 10:08am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

TFPDL
Mp4mania
YTS (torrents)
Thank u so much
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Lolz.. how do you negotiate with Fugitives & cop killers, in the course of the negotiation, what do you think they'd have asked for, seeing that a plane was already few meters at their back.

Here's an excerpt from a cop on how they work.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/08/19/im-a-cop-if-you-dont-want-to-get-hurt-dont-challenge-me/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:14am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
Explain how you will "take down" or neuter someone with a taser wielding a semi automatic weapon and holding a hostage

Were either Slim or Queen holding armed with guns?

The point is that they were unarmed and the protocol would have been to de-escalate
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2020
DriggityDre:

Hulk616, do you think of yourself as a marvel fanboy?
yes, I m a fan of quality movies and intelligent movies angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Lolz.. how do you negotiate with Fugitives & cop killers, in the course of the negotiation, what do you think they'd have asked for, seeing that a plane was already few meters at their back.

Here's an excerpt from a cop on how they work.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/08/19/im-a-cop-if-you-dont-want-to-get-hurt-dont-challenge-me/

Here is a quote from the police officer in the link you posted. Think about it

"One time, for instance, my partner and I faced a belligerent man who had doused his car with gallons of gas and was about to create a firebomb at a busy mall filled with holiday shoppers. The potential for serious harm to the bystanders would have justified deadly force. Instead, I distracted him with a hook about his family and loved ones, and he disengaged without hurting anyone. Every day cops show similar restraint and resolve incidents that could easily end up in serious injuries or worse."

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

If a perp refuses to comply but is unarmed, the law stipulates a law enforcement officer must utilize de-escalation techniques, which entails, using verbal persuasion for the primary purpose of convincing a perp to surrender voluntarily.

When verbal persuasion doesn't work, then cops are allowed to use minimal force to force the perp to comply. This is when tasing or pepper splaying the perp is necessary.

Cops are only allow to use fatal force if/when a perp is carrying, and is not complying to directives.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2020
hulk616:
yes, I m a fan of quality movies and intelligent movies angry
Ok, man grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.