Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3786438 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

The protocol is to negotiate first. If that fails, then, surround the suspects and neuter them either by taser or takedown

You're smart, my guy.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 20, 2020
DriggityDre:

Ok, man grin grin
you are welcome angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Were either Slim or Queen holding armed with guns?

The point is that they were unarmed and the protocol would have been to de-escalate
There are different "normal protocol" for different scenario. For the Queen and Slim scenario they were fugitives believed,to be armed and dangerous,with a getaway about to leave the country and didn't comply with orders to stand down...and i still told you the fetal shot was not necessary but there wasn't going to be any negotiations whatsoever.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

My penis only has love for short hair Kirsten Stewart.

I never liked her from twilight or her earlier movies.

But that short hair does something to me.

I'm talking about the slim tall black girl Ella Ballinska not Kristen Stewart.

I never really liked her but she was good looking and kinda sexy in that short blonde hair in the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

If a perp refuses to comply but is unarmed, the law stipulates a law enforcement officer must utilize de-escalation techniques, which entails, using verbal persuasion for the primary purpose of convincing a perp to surrender voluntarily.

When verbal persuasion doesn't work, then cops are allowed to use minimal force to force the perp to comply. This is when tasing or pepper splaying the perp is necessary.

Cops are only allow to use fatal force if/when a perp is carrying, and is not complying to directives.
They were believed to be armed and dangerous and didn't comply with orders? Right or wrong?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

If a perp refuses to comply but is unarmed, the law stipulates a law enforcement officer must utilize de-escalation techniques, which entails, using verbal persuasion for the primary purpose of convincing a perp to surrender voluntarily.

When verbal persuasion doesn't work, then cops are allowed to use minimal force to force the perp to comply. This is when tasing or pepper splaying the perp is necessary.

Cops are only allow to use fatal force if/when a perp is carrying, and is not complying to directives.

Yeah. Well said
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2020
hulk616:
you are welcome angry
This guy enh grin grin

I believe this guy is you as a toddler grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
They were believed to be armed and dangerous and didn't comply with orders? Right or wrong?

American white cops have a deepseethed prejudice against Blacks, and are known to be trigger-happy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:28am On Apr 20, 2020
abduleez1:

I'm talking about the slim tall black girl Ella Ballinska not Kristen Stewart.

I never really liked her but she was good looking and kinda sexy in that short blonde hair in the movie.

I knew who you were talking about. Just sharing my preference

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:30am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Here is a quote from the police officer in the link you posted. Think about it

"One time, for instance, my partner and I faced a belligerent man who had doused his car with gallons of gas and was about to create a firebomb at a busy mall filled with holiday shoppers. The potential for serious harm to the bystanders would have justified deadly force. Instead, I distracted him with a hook about his family and loved ones, and he disengaged without hurting anyone. Every day cops show similar restraint and resolve incidents that could easily end up in serious injuries or worse."
Well I think cops follow the routine that best suits em'
the same link says;
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you.

Sometimes, though, no amount of persuasion or warnings work on a belligerent person; that’s when cops have to use force, and the results can be tragic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:

Did they see a gun? Did they see straps?

In a court, those are the questions that would be asked. Unfortunately, prosecutors and judges in America love cops.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:34am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:

Exactly my point.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ravioli(m): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2020
Road To Perdition

8.5/10

Tom Hanks is a fvcking good actor..

A good movie, with a sad ending... Damn!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

American white cops have a deepseethed prejudice against Blacks, and are known to be trigger-happy.
So True..Knowing this prejudice, wouldn't they have at least complied to at least give them a fighting chance to save their lives, to least get arrested and have their day in court?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

In a court, those are the questions that would be asked. Unfortunately, prosecutors and judges in America love cops.

it's is assumed they were still with the cops fire arm or weren't they with it??
They were considering armed & dangerous & failure to comply with orders sealed their faith.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2020
I have watched the entire Slim and Queen movie just from reading the comments here cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 10:41am On Apr 20, 2020
Ravioli:
Road To Perdition

8.5/10

Tom Hanks is a fvcking good actor..

A good movie, with a sad ending... Damn!!
this is one film am dying 2 see
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2020
oyaskii:
So True..Knowing this prejudice, wouldn't they have at least complied to at least give them a fighting chance to save their lives, to least get arrested and have their day in court?

White cops frequently shooting unarmed blacks mostly stems from prejudice that an average nigga is sneaky and dangerous. Armed with such mindset, a white cop is most likely to shoot a black guy innocently reaching for his driving license, than a black guy holding a gun.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Ishilove:
I have watched the entire Slim and Queen movie just from reading the comments here cheesy
lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2020
mekaprime:

Well I think cops follow the routine that best suits em'
the same link says;
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you.

Sometimes, though, no amount of persuasion or warnings work on a belligerent person; that’s when cops have to use force, and the results can be tragic.

Any cop that follows the "routine that best suits them" is a bad cop, and is likely to get someone killed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

They killed a cop with a gun, left a sheriff in the trunk of a car in the middle of nowhere... no matter how you spin this there was only going to be one outcome and they didn't help their case one bit..hell OGS did beat a murder charge against a white woman in a white dominated court room with evidence stack up against him because he complied.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

They were assumed to be carrying, which wasn't far from the truth, because they had the dead cops gun, though probably not present at that scene. They even pointed the same gun at a sheriff, in one scene, thus, they were deemed to be armed & dangerous & since they failed to comply to directives, lethal force was the only option.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

White cops frequently shooting unarmed blacks mostly stems from prejudice that an average nigga is sneaky and dangerous. Armed with such mindset, a white cop is most likely to shoot a black guy innocently reaching for his driving license, than a black guy holding a gun.
So on point again...but not complying with orders or been on the run will better this situation how?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2020
DriggityDre:

This guy enh grin grin

I believe this guy is you as a toddler grin
I was fresher than this angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ravioli(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2020
Identity
7.5/10

Mehn!! I don't get, this movie is Mind numbing.
Wtf!!
But its dope though
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ravioli(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Liposure:
this is one film am dying 2 see
You really need to.
Not much dialog.. From a novel adaptation..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Bratking:

Any cop that follows the "routine that best suits them" is a bad cop, and is likely to get someone killed.

Simply doing what an officer tells you, without anger and resentment, would simply save all this drama..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2020
All of u are just arguing in d rubbish, you are arguing in d nonsense, you are just constituting a nusiance that do not have a sound meaning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Ravioli:
Identity

7.5/10

Mehn!! I don't get, this movie is Mind numbing.

Wtf!!

But its dope though
What exactly didn't you get?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DriggityDre: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2020
hulk616:
I was fresher than this angry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Now I understand that I'm debating with people who have no idea about life abroad.

Yes, I might sound arrogant elitist and rude but it is only natural. You are ignorant of american history and black experience there.

So it is african Americans that brought police brutality on themselves?

Do you know how silly that sounds?

1. First are there not anti police whites? Are there not white criminals?

2. Or have you forgotten American history where police routinely arrested blacks for no reason or useless reasons like talking to white girls, being in white business premises and walking in the night?

You seem to be missing my point with what i said & why i posted that link.
You're very much correct no doubt, but my point was that it's cases & events like this that intensifies cops hatred towards black folks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2020
Una sorry for the spoilers jare, it's just that some movies are more fun, when you discuss em'. So make una no vex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) (2059) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m), oyaskii(m), Oludezo, NeoWanZaeed(m), Shegzdave, Kaycee7(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.