Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3741034 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
kendrick9:

This is why i admire Reddit,
If you can't stick to the thread rules, there are other sections you can take your madness to

Reddit is a cesspool of censorship and ciclejerks. The forum is almost unusable on mobile browsers and the app crashes anyhow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
kendrick9:

At least the thread has returned to a little bit of normalcy....
I will take two pages of quality discussions than 20 pages of trolls and DC marvel fanboys arguments...
This is why i admire Reddit,
If you can't stick to the thread rules, there are other sections you can take your madness to
please I want to ask you a question,
What are the rules for this thread?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:

Reddit is a cesspool of censorship and ciclejerks. The forum is almost unusable on mobile browsers and the app crashes anyhow.

Use Chrome and/or Dolphin browser to access it on mobile.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:

Your definition of quality is upside down.

There was more than marvel and dc. There were quality discussions and arguments.

1. We dissected so many films. We discussed race, religion, politics, Nigeria etc from the plots of movies.

2. We learnt more about each other. Koicereloaded is the Yankee nerd. Alexistaiwo is our local kazeem that will give reports from the streets. MJBOLT wears captain America pyjamas. Mekaprime is the our Pete Edochie- the wise igbo man. Ornicus is the resident pantie connoisseur and I am a spare parts dealer who somehow became transgender to avoid bans.

3. We also tested each other's might. Mortal kombat style. Some e-fights ended in fatality. Alexistaiwo was usually the referee.

4. People learnt a lot. We ended up teaching people about business, politics and computing. Even our own Cersie Lannister got good advice on how to repair her computer and how to download movies.

this summarizes all. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
all this one una dey talk na story

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
alexistaiwo:
The Kingsman_Services_secrets

I can watch Samuel Jackson all day
A good actor
His Shaft sequel too is on point
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

Use Chrome and/or Dolphin browser to access it on mobile.

You really think that I haven't tried chrome? Chrome that is one of the most popular browsers on mobile?

Reddit is useless on mobile. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
My favorite Samuel Jackson scene was that incredulous expression of his when Leonardo told him that Django was gonna sleep in the big house.

"in the big house too?!"

2dice01:
A good actor

His Shaft sequel too is on point
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
DandeNumerouno, Check his attachments in this post, , I think this guy just called you a "Full"

I don't suppose you are going to take that lying down, will you?

Born2Freak:

You really think that I haven't tried chrome? Chrome that is one of the most popular browsers on mobile?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
alexistaiwo:
My favorite Samuel Jackson scene was that incredulous expression of his when Leonardo told him that Django was gonna sleep in the big house.

"in the big house too?!"

its been a while i watch that movie i don't remember that scene

Wait are you just watching or rewtching?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Unionised:

You did not mention the refreshing new voices since the usual noisemakers went on compulsory leave?

We value the peaceful thread this way.

Better a cup of garri on the roof, than a three-course meal before a cantankerous wife grin

Who are the noisemakers, please?

The same people that contributed to this thread? I have never gotten a good recommendation from the new voices and your ilk.

You, kendrick9 and ishilove have never reviewed or recommended a movie that I haven't already watched or that i know isnt crap.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
British actors are the best
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:

In the URL box, input "old" in front of reddit.com...

For example; old.reddit.com

1. Google chrome.

2. Dolphin Browser

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rewatching of course.

Once reviewed these particular movies on this thread

2dice01:
its been a while i watch that movie i don't remember that scene

Wait are you just watching or rewtching?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:
Let's deal with the reality of this movie thread.

It has been six days since the mass banning and hiding of posts on the 27th of June. That was 12 pages ago on page 2166.

So, since the ban, we are averaging 2 pages per day.

Before that, we were averaging at least 4 to 5 pages per day.

The reality is that we had more movie reviews then despite the marvel vs DC arguments which are still on topic for this thread since they are based on movies- they are movie discussions.

------------------‐

Just pointing out facts.
How many movies have become accessible since the lockdown? This is a movies thread. No movies, no movies to discuss, no movies thread.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:

Who are the noisemakers, please?

The same people that contributed to this thread? I have never gotten a good recommendation from the new voices and your ilk.

You, kendrick9 and ishilove have never reviewed or recommended a movie that I haven't already watched or that i know isnt crap.

Sour grapes.

Go and find a movie to review for us.

That is why we are here. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Rewatching of course.

Once reviewed these particular movies on this thread

I don't rewatch movies no matter how dope it is except am seeing it with someone.

Cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Land Of Mine(2015)..8/10
Genre: Drama, History, War
Language: German, Danish

If you think the Hurt Locker was tensed, then prepare, cause this movie would leave you in a high state of anxious apprehension. The flick was so suspensefully, i was on pins & needles the whole time.

It was basically a Danish historical biopics, which tells the story of German POWs forcefully sent to clear land mines in Denmark after WWII.

Writing was perfect & devoid of all forms of sentiments. Directing was excellent, this is one director that clearly know his onions/craft.
The Hyper realistic cinematography amplifies the tension & suspense in the story, the photography portraying the exquisite scenery of the Danish lush was a beauty to behold.
Soundtracks were catchy, am not Danish but it stuck to me.
Acting was stellar all round, the protagonist of the story really killed his role.

But for the language, which made me rely heavily on the subs, thus distracting my attention most times, it would have gotten a perfect 10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ishilove:

The Little Women I watched was different from this one but still enjoyable. It was made in 2018 and featured lesser known actors

There is another one?

Please review it, with a little snip also.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
alexistaiwo:

"in the big house too?!"

"I ask you, who's this niggah on a neigh?".

Django: Hey snowball.

what transpired latter was funny AF. Jackson was at it, that it seemed as though if they had left him & Fox, he'd roughed him up real good with his walking stick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
kendrick9:

I wonder why the sequel to this movie never happened...
Its box office returns was fantastic too

Trust me, a sequel wouldn't be as good as the first movie. It's best they let it be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumereuno: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
Goodfellas (1990)... Rewatch

Arguably the most practical/realistic mafia film, imho, since it shows the mafiosi for what they truly are, without attempting to make them more sympathetic to the viewers.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losking: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
DandeNumereuno:
Goodfellas (1990)... Rewatch

Arguably the most practical/realistic mafia film, IMHO, since it shows the Mafiosi for what they truly are, without attempting to make them more sympathetic to the viewers.
Good point. The Godfather I & II are my favourite pictures, still, I'd say Goodfellas is a better mob film any day.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
mekaprime2:
Land Of Mine(2015)..8/10
Genre: Drama, History, War
Language: German, Danish

If you think the Hurt Locker was tensed, then prepare, cause this movie would leave you in a high state of anxious apprehension. The flick was so suspensefully, i was on pins & needles the whole time.

It was basically a Danish historical biopics, which tells the story of German POWs forcefully sent to clear land mines in Denmark after WWII.

Writing was perfect & devoid of all forms of sentiments. Directing was excellent, this is one director that clearly know his onions/craft.
The Hyper realistic cinematography amplifies the tension & suspense in the story, the photography portraying the exquisite scenery of the Danish lush was a beauty to behold.
Soundtracks were catchy, am not Danish but it stuck to me.
Acting was stellar all round, the protagonist of the story really killed his role.

But for the language, which made me rely heavily on the
browsing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Apologize(m): 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
download "The Vast of Night" now on mp4mania and thank me later... Its an eerie movie. God
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
troubleseller:
How many movies have become accessible since the lockdown? This is a movies thread. No movies, no movies to discuss, no movies thread.

One can still discuss old movies. That is what was happening till the bans. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Unionised:

Sour grapes.

Go and find a movie to review for us.

That is why we are here. tongue

Lol......do you know how many obscure films I have reviewed here?

Go and sit down.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

In the URL box, input "old" in front of reddit.com...

For example; old.reddit.com

1. Google chrome.

2. Dolphin Browser

Old reddit is not mobile friendly either.

Just even look at your screenshots (the second one).The texts are too small because it was optimised for desktop. One has to keep zooming and zooming.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by raven009: 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime2: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
April 9 (2015)...7/10
Genre: Drama, History, War
Language: Danish, German

Despite the non-aggression pact, Denmark had signed with Germany less than a year earlier. The German leader Adolf Hitler "Heil Hitler!" decided to breach the pact & order an attack on Denmark. This was what transpired on that faithful day, April the 9th 1940.

Script was definitely true to the historical accounts. Cinematography was lush, directing was good, acting wasn't that really impressive, though it was ok & the dialogues were quite disjointed (probably fault from my subs).

If you are looking for a Black Hawk Down, Lone Ranger war kinda movie, then this isn't it, but if you fancied 1917 or Fury then chances are you'd love this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
Django Unchained dialogue was a hit back to back cheesy

mekaprime2:

"I ask you, who's this niggah on a neigh?".

Django: Hey snowball.

what transpired latter was funny AF. Jackson was at it, that it seemed as though if they had left him & Fox, he'd roughed him up real good with his walking stick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
I rarely comment on this thread. I just want to say that I have found out so many movies because of this thread. Even the Marvel and DC arguments led me to watch all the DC animations, which is about 14 movies.

Thanks to everyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.