Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3728093 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
losprince:

Let's wait for his thread to become popular (which is very unlikely), then we go and re-introduce ourselves. cool

LMAO...... grin grin

That was my initial plan. It seems high level thinkers think alike. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
The Social Network.

What an epic betrayal!
Corporate business world is a dog eat dog jungle.
Zuckerberg is one cold ass murdafvcker.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
365 days, polish version of 50 shades of grey...4/10

Sexy and raunchy scenes to engage you but meh story and plot
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO...... grin grin

That was my initial plan. It seems high level thinkers think alike. grin grin

It's inevitable grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
abduleez1:

Gbam, the truth in 3D has been spoken.

Imagine Nigerians letting all hell loose cos it was rejected by Oscar committee, screaming bias and what not. Even some gullible black Americans or probably for publicity joined in support. angry

And the annoying thing is that 75% of them didn't even watch the film. Just based their assumptions on hearsay.
After I saw the movie, I just shook my head at all that controversy. Even back then, it didn't meet the Oscar requirements for that category. Omotola and her cohorts should have known better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
losprince:

After I saw the movie, I just shook my head at all that controversy. Even back then, it didn't meet the Oscar requirements for that category. Omotola and her cohorts should have known better.

Yea, it wasn't even up to standard requirements and Nigerians were still crying blue murder. undecided

Funny enough, the mofos(Nigeria Oscar committee) tendered an apology a week later saying it was their error In submitting it for consideration In the first place. I no hear pim from Nigerians again, from there I just shake my head comot for the matter. angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
abduleez1:

Yea, it wasn't even up to standard requirements and Nigerians were still crying blue murder. undecided

Funny enough, the mofos(Nigeria Oscar committee) tendered an apology a week later saying it was their error In submitting it for consideration In the first place. I no hear pim from Nigerians again, from there I just shake my head comot for the matter. angry angry

Lol, really? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lol, really? grin

Yep, pretty much. Na so we see am. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
no new films. only low budget indie films are being released!

Damn!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
@BankyGee wire the money to my Swiss account ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
no new films. only low budget indie films are being released!

Damn!

I swear. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
At losprince & abduleez1, you see, any movie hinting "female empowerment, what the men can do, the female folks can do better" message, is very much hyped & sells like wild fire.

I don't know about other tribes, but as for the Igbos, you not having a male heir is akin to you not having a kid at all. Most Igbo men no matter how educated, reverence male kids to their female counterparts.

So Genevieve tries to counter that notion & mentality. She projects the females as strong, ambitious go getters like their male counterparts, and that all they need is the exposure & opportunity. Invariably, the moral of the story is that females are as important as their male counterparts.

Trust me, if the movie had been done in our 100% indigenous language, it would have been very much recognized by the Oscars, not saying it's going to win though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:
@BankyGee wire the money to my Swiss account ASAP
Wiring money... DONE!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
mekaprime:
At losprince & abduleez1, you see, any movie hinting "female empowerment, what the men can do, the female folks can do better" message, is very much hyped & sells like wild fire.

I don't know about other tribes, but as for the Igbos, you not having a male heir is akin to you not having a kid at all. Most Igbo men no matter how educated, reverence male kids to their female counterparts.

So Genevieve tries to counter that notion & mentality. She projects the females as strong, ambitious go getters like their male counterparts, and that all they need is the exposure & opportunity. Invariably, the moral of the story is that females are as important as their male counterparts.

Trust me, if the movie had been done in our 100% indigenous language, it would have been very much recognized by the Oscars, not saying it's going to win though.

@ bold. It was a big mistake on her part not to use igno language in the film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
mekaprime:

Are we talking about Lionheart?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
mekaprime:

god bless u
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
BankyGee:

Wiring money... DONE!
what is going on here? angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

@ bold. It was a big mistake on her part not to use igno language in the film.
regrettable one at that
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
AngryHulk616:
what is going on here? angry
At least, welcome me to the thread first before firing questions at me. How does the thread work?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
BankyGee:

At least, welcome me to the thread first before firing questions at me. How does the thread work?
you are welcome to the place where high level thinkers like myself work.
The manual for this thread is stated in the topic. angry

This below, is the backup thread.
daddycrazy:
Since Marvel and DC trolls have succeeded in ruining the purpose of this thread, I decided to create an alternative thread where people can recommend and review movies in peace....

The link to the new thread is below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5903041/what-movie-did-watch-today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
AngryHulk616:
you are welcome to the place where high level thinkers like myself work.
The manual for this thread is stated in the topic. angry

This below, is the backup thread.
Thanks for being helpful to me once in your life. I'm grateful smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
BankyGee:

Thanks for being helpful to me once in your life. I'm grateful smiley
I have always been helpful. angry
I currently advise you from watching DC nonsense prevent IQ reduction, but you always refused to follow the words of an higher level thinker like myself. angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
AngryHulk616:
I have always been helpful. angry
I currently advise you from watching DC nonsense prevent IQ reduction, but you always refused to follow the words of an higher level thinker like myself. angry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
BankyGee:

Wiring money... DONE!

I hope you know what you are paying for?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

I hope you know what you are paying for?
Yeah... For inviting me to the thread, right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lethal weapon(1987)

Genre: action,thriller,crime

7.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
BankyGee:

Yeah... For inviting me to the thread, right?

...And also strengthening your relationship and making your thread lively

Don't say I never do anything for you grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 12:00am On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

...And also strengthening your relationship and making your thread lively

Don't say I never do anything for you grin grin grin
Thanks bruh grin I owe you one

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 12:06am On Jun 06, 2020
Passion of the Christ
Duration: 127 mins
Release Date: 25 Feb, 2004
Genre: Drama
Synopsis: The movie focuses on the last twelve hours of Jesus Christ before he died...
Director: Mel Gibson
Starcast: Jim Caviezel
Rating: R
Review: 10/10
Fun fact: Lightning struck the assistant director twice and the starcast once, during filming...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:07am On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

Thanks bruh grin I owe you one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:
Passion of the Christ
Duration: 127 mins
Release Date: 25 Feb, 2004
Genre: Drama
Synopsis: The movie focuses on the last twelve hours of Jesus Christ before he died...
Director: Mel Gibson
Starcast: Jim Caviezel
Rating: R
Review: 10/10
Fun fact: Lightning struck the assistant director twice and the starcast once, during filming...

Lmaooooooooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lmaooooooooo grin grin
grin grin God just dey tell them wehdone grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.