Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3760035 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (3836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:44am On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

grin grin God just dey tell them wehdone grin

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2020
Dreamer (2005). 7/10.

A feel-good family movie that teaches family bond and values, patience and perseverance.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
mekaprime:
At losprince & abduleez1, you see, any movie hinting "female empowerment, what the men can do, the female folks can do better" message, is very much hyped & sells like wild fire.

I don't know about other tribes, but as for the Igbos, you not having a male heir is akin to you not having a kid at all. Most Igbo men no matter how educated, reverence male kids to their female counterparts.

So Genevieve tries to counter that notion & mentality. She projects the females as strong, ambitious go getters like their male counterparts, and that all they need is the exposure & opportunity. Invariably, the moral of the story is that females are as important as their male counterparts.

Trust me, if the movie had been done in our 100% indigenous language, it would have been very much recognized by the Oscars, not saying it's going to win though.
I would say the female empowerment push was done in a brilliant way, it was subtle and wasn't shoved to the viewers face. In the family, Ada is the first child and went along with her father to the business from a very young age while the brother apparently was the mother's sidekick and choose a career in music, you can also note the father's disappointment with the son all through the movie, so it stands to reason that he groomed Ada for that role.

If she had used mostly Igbo for the film, then the Oscars being ever so woke might have patted her on the thighs with a nomination. But winning will be very far from it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2020
abduleez1:

Yea, it wasn't even up to standard requirements and Nigerians were still crying blue murder. undecided

Funny enough, the mofos(Nigeria Oscar committee) tendered an apology a week later saying it was their error In submitting it for consideration In the first place. I no hear pim from Nigerians again, from there I just shake my head comot for the matter. angry angry

An "indigenous" movie filmed in English language.

Funny people....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2020
mekaprime:
At losprince & abduleez1, you see, any movie hinting "female empowerment, what the men can do, the female folks can do better" message, is very much hyped & sells like wild fire.

I don't know about other tribes, but as for the Igbos, you not having a male heir is akin to you not having a kid at all. Most Igbo men no matter how educated, reverence male kids to their female counterparts.

So Genevieve tries to counter that notion & mentality. She projects the females as strong, ambitious go getters like their male counterparts, and that all they need is the exposure & opportunity. Invariably, the moral of the story is that females are as important as their male counterparts.

Trust me, if the movie had been done in our 100% indigenous language, it would have been very much recognized by the Oscars, not saying it's going to win though.

then very poor character development in that regards

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 9:32am On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:
Passion of the Christ
Duration: 127 mins
Release Date: 25 Feb, 2004
Genre: Drama
Synopsis: The movie focuses on the last twelve hours of Jesus Christ before he died...
Director: Mel Gibson
Starcast: Jim Caviezel
Rating: R
Review: 10/10
Fun fact: Lightning struck the assistant director twice and the starcast once, during filming...

He must be superman for surviving all that... shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2020
DrDax:

Funny people....
They can’t use Igbo language all through, Nigerian artistes don’t put their all into the role they are playing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2020
Shazam magic and monsters. 7/10

DC remains the king's of animations

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 11:14am On Jun 06, 2020
DrDax:
[/b]

He must be superman for surviving all that... shocked
Yeah, but the actor had dislocation and suffered from hypothermia and pneumonia during that period...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:
Shazam magic and monsters. 7/10

DC remains the king's of animations
The Emperors to be precise
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

emperors that has zero Oscars , never made over 50million dollars angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

yes sir
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
AngryHulk616:
emperors that has zero Oscars , never made over 50million dollars angry
In your voice: MARVEL's animation is trash!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
1917 (2019; Hollywood)

With very few cast, this pictures brilliantly delivered its message loud and clear. Both messengers were superb in their acting and the war ravaged places settings were fantastic. No wonder the movie got love at the awards.

9.5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

In your voice: MARVEL's animation is trash!
thats what a low level thinker like you will say. angry

Marvel has two Oscars from animated movies, and has made over 500 million dollars. DC has not match any of these. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by vicot(m): 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Any idea how I can Download The king eternal monarch?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
DrDax:

Funny people....
Nickshrapnel:
They can’t use Igbo language all through, Nigerian artistes don’t put their all into the role they are playing

Using Igbo all through isn't a problem.

The issue was not featuring indigenous language mostly in the film.

The requirements was featuring Indigenous languages more than 50% in a film over English.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ToyinDipo(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Playing with fire

5/10

Just cos I love OG John Cena angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MacCantStopMe: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:
Playing with fire

5/10

Just cos I love OG John Cena angry

Childish film. 4/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bamz(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Message from the King

8/10

I'm a simple person, I see a movie with Chadwick Boseman, I watch it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bamz(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Stuber

7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons
7.5/10

AY and Falz the Bahd Guy killed the movie, though action scenes looked trash to me. I just love the comedy.

Mama: All men are idiots
AY: I know, I'm a living example grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Childish film. 4/10

Na Nickelodeon movie sha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:
Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons
7.5/10

AY and Falz the Bahd Guy killed the movie, though action scenes looked trash to me. I just love the comedy.

Mama: All men are idiots
AY: I know, I'm a living example grin

How can you give this trash 7.5
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Merrymen 2

5.5/10

Maybe i was expecting so much

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

How can you give this trash 7.5
Like I said, I loved the comedy. Nollywood is growing bit by bit
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
BankyGee:

Like I said, I loved the comedy. Nollywood is growing bit by bit

The comedy was too forced for me, especially AY, it got cringe at times...the pacing was trash and the story was another cliché Nollywood story, I don't see the growth bruh..

There is no difference between those movies and music videos
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
2dice01:
Merrymen 2

5.5/10

Maybe i was expecting so much

2/10 just for the nice cars on display
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

2/10 just for the nice cars on display
Chai... You know you're discouraging a soul from watching Merry Men 2 right now grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (3836) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.