Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740259 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2020
this one could not resist the urge to bring marvel into WW84 failures,the same Maxwell lord that is getting trashed on social media undecided.WW84 is a massive disappointment,the facts do not lie.

Yeah,let's act like any DCEU villain comes close to these guys
Thanos
Loki
Hela
Winter Soldier
Killmonger
Zemo

pu7pl3:

over 24 movies how many villains has the MCU brought to the fore that can rival Max Lord? Only Loki and Thanos after 24 movies...guy rest

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2020
pu7pl3:

these people obviously lack brains and it's sad to see you're pandering to them, I thought you knew better bruh...

General movie tropes:- waking up in someone else's body, has been done several times, it's not the first and it won't be the last either

If an Arab soldier fvcks up so an Israeli superhero shouldn't treat his fvck up cos And mind you, all the actors involved agreed to this...

Asians, blacks etc were all portrayed in the movie...or have you forgotten that Gal herself is a person of colour? Don't also forget Babajide

The movie is anything but boring...soomany ooh, ahhh and awwwn moments

Clown. I made 5 points of my own different from theirs. I even quoted you on the comment. I made my own decisions.

Nonetheless, Their points are valid. The movie was boring compared to the original wonder woman movie. There were few people of colour in the movie, especially for supporting cast with lines. The only person of colour is Pedro Pascal. It is debatable that Gal Gadot is a person of colour. There is the Jews of colour issue.

The Israeli Arab problem remains. That is a fact you cannot argue against.

How many movies do you see people having sex on other people's bodies? The only one that I can think of is the originals- but vampires are a lustful bunch of predators. And molesters. Is wonderwoman a lustful predator?

Here are my points that are separate from.the feminist website
AbdulSleeky:

See this one.

Joker had better ratings (imdb) than both wonderwoman movies with lesser action than both movies. Joker also earned more money at the box office and had better awards.

Unless you are talking about your razz mushin friends, people did not have a problem with the lack of action in the joker.

Now, wonderwoman 1984 has more than just a lack of action as a problem.

1. There was no punishment for the villain who caused untold global havoc.

2. The logic of the wishes was not consistent..The villain's son originally wished for the father to be closer to him and it didn't come true at that moment. The villain wished to be the wishing stone. But the wishing stone did not gain or lose any powers after a wish.

3. The villain's motivation made no sense. He was a con man that wanted to be big in oil. He didn't need to start becoming a global wish master tyrant after making it in oil.

4. The sappy romance- the way the movie ended as if it was a Disney children's movie with everyone being happy at a snowy Christmas (despite worldwide chaos days before). The fake coincidence of meeting Steve Trevor's body vessel at the end.

5. The pacing of the film. The first wonderwoman was linear and easy to follow with the action increasingly ramped up. This movie was slow at times and was not as tightly fit.

So much more.

Unless you are a better reviewer than most movie reviewers, ww1984 has many problems

Cc pu7pl3

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2020
MJBOLT:

this one could not resist the urge to bring marvel into WW84 failures,the same Maxwell lord that is getting trashed on social media undecided.WW84 is a massive disappointment,the facts do not lie.

Yeah,let's act any DCEU villain comes close to these guys
Thanos
Loki
Hela
Winter Soldier
Killmonger
Zemo

Dont mind the DC fanboy in sheep clothing. Pu7pl3 is a clown.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Now I can see that you have no mind of your own and only make opinions in line with what other people think.

I could care less about all these trash you wrote, I downloaded WW 84 to be entertained and I was entertained.

Yet another clown. I made my own points separate from the feminist website. I don't rely on others to make my point. I even quoted your dumbass on it...

AbdulSleeky:

See this one.

Joker had better ratings (imdb) than both wonderwoman movies with lesser action than both movies. Joker also earned more money at the box office and had better awards.

Unless you are talking about your razz mushin friends, people did not have a problem with the lack of action in the joker.

Now, wonderwoman 1984 has more than just a lack of action as a problem.

1. There was no punishment for the villain who caused untold global havoc.

2. The logic of the wishes was not consistent..The villain's son originally wished for the father to be closer to him and it didn't come true at that moment. The villain wished to be the wishing stone. But the wishing stone did not gain or lose any powers after a wish.

3. The villain's motivation made no sense. He was a con man that wanted to be big in oil. He didn't need to start becoming a global wish master tyrant after making it in oil.

4. The sappy romance- the way the movie ended as if it was a Disney children's movie with everyone being happy at a snowy Christmas (despite worldwide chaos days before). The fake coincidence of meeting Steve Trevor's body vessel at the end.

5. The pacing of the film. The first wonderwoman was linear and easy to follow with the action increasingly ramped up. This movie was slow at times and was not as tightly fit.

So much more.

Unless you are a better reviewer than most movie reviewers, ww1984 has many problems

Cc pu7pl3

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2020
pu7pl3:

over 24 movies how many villains has the MCU brought to the fore that can rival Max Lord? Only Loki and Thanos after 24 movies...guy rest

Lol mjbolt has destroyed your azz on this one

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:51am On Dec 28, 2020
MJBOLT:

Yeah,let's act like any DCEU villain comes close to these guys
Thanos
Loki
Hela
Winter Soldier
Killmonger
Zemo

Lmaoo I knew you wouldn't resist to reply this

You for even add Ultron and malekith join
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:52am On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Lol mjbolt has destroyed your azz on this one

He destroyed nothing, he just named some underwhelming villains, I can only excuse Killmonger
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:59am On Dec 28, 2020
There's an article by RT written before the release of Infinity War that ranks the best 20 CBM villains,6 MCU villains are on that list including Ultron,no DCEU villain makes the list grin.

pu7pl3:

Lmaoo I knew you wouldn't resist to reply this

You for even add Ultron and malekith join

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:06am On Dec 28, 2020
MJBOLT:
There's an article by RT written before the release of Infinity War that ranks the best 20 CBM villains,6 MCU villains are on that list including Ultron,no DCEU villain makes the list grin.

RT pandering to the MCU, tell me something new grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2020
MJBOLT:

There's one written by Screenrant that has DCEU villains on it.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2020
Kaycee7:
There's one written by Screenrant that has DCEU villains on it.

Link Please
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 10:35am On Dec 28, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2020
Kaycee7:
Finally done watching Wonder Woman. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stellar performances from the main cast.

And my man, Hans Zimmer, still got it. Why wasn't anyone talking about the sweet, sweet music or y'all just don't care about OSTs? Be a shame though, cos this, right here, is platinum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlhLQzV1uPg
Thisss....The OST was too sweet and perfect.matched every scene with magically .i thought Rupert Gregson-Williams did madness in the first installment OST but Hans Zimmer took it up to the highest notch..."Themiscyra" is my fav from the Ost..

Side Note: check for "Hans Zimmer Live in Prague". He performed all his major scores in a beautifully curated concert...so heavenly.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
This is why Nigeria cannot move forward.

Nigerians cannot remove clear bias from their thinking.

Out of spite our reviewers here are giving wonderwoman 1984 ratings of 8/10 and 9/10

When all the professional film critics and even audience reviews generally give it a 6/10 due to it being short of the hype.

The movie is just like alexistaiwo's manhood;
Weak action
Simping to women
rushed climax

cheesy grin
GbasGbos of life
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nasirali09: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2020
which is the best movie of 2020
[url] https://share4all.com [/url]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2020
oyaskii:
Thisss....The OST was too sweet and perfect.matched every scene with magically .i thought Rupert Gregson-Williams did madness in the first installment OST but Hans Zimmer took it up to the highest notch..."Themiscyra" is my fav from the Ost..

[Side Note: check for "Hans Zimmer Live in Prague". He performed all his major scores in a beautifully curated concert...so heavenly.
Thanks for this. Will definitely check it out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
This is why Nigeria cannot move forward.

Nigerians cannot remove clear bias from their thinking.

Out of spite our reviewers here are giving wonderwoman 1984 ratings of 8/10 and 9/10

When all the professional film critics and even audience reviews generally give it a 6/10 due to it being short of the hype.

The movie is just like alexistaiwo's manhood;
Weak action
Simping to women
rushed climax
shut it

Wonder woman is a solid 8.5/10

If you need too much action go and watch MAN OF STEEL
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
Soul 2/10

Good place rip off, stupid plot

Don't watch it, Pixar disappointed with this one

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
And you have to wait till I downloaded it this afternoon before dropping this.

How fast can you run? The blood of my mb will haunt you for this.

iamJ:
Soul 2/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
MJBOLT:

Yea, well there's one Written by ScreenRant which has all top 3 Villains dominated by DC. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
Soul 2/10

alexistaiwo:
And you have to wait till I downloaded it this afternoon before dropping this.

How fast can you run?
The blood of my mb will haunt you for this.

Lol, I started watching it yesternight.....after 20(something) minutes I began to dose off. I dose till I give up and just went to sleep early. Wetin I never do for the past 2 and half weeks. undecided cry

I blame myself why I no just watch The Croods instead. Now I miss my target of watching 3 movies yesterday. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
Soul 2/10
wow I ain't downloading it again jor......... can't waste ma mb
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
I have said it several times here, don't pay attention to people's rating.
What's the logic behind the rating?
Someone rated this soul high yesterday grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
sod09:
I have said it several times here, don't pay attention to people's rating.
What's the logic behind the rating?
Someone rated this soul high yesterday grin grin

I don't base my watch solely on people's ratings. Na their palava be that. If I really want to watch something I'll do it without minding people's opinions or ratings.

I stated my experience based on my hands on watching experience. What I expected wasn't what I'm seeing for the first 20mins. I'll still watch it but don't know if it will meet the expectation Pixar made it to be. Although Pixar don't disappoint, worst case scenario it's average.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, I started watching it yesternight.....after 20(something) minutes I began to dose off. I dose till I give up and just went to sleep early. Wetin I never do for the past 2 and half weeks. undecided cry

I blame myself why I no just watch The Croods instead. Now I miss my target of watching 3 movies yesterday. cry
Soul got better after the first act. Hold on till the end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
DC and WB bringing in the HEAT.....

HATERS gon HATE.
BIIITCH GON BIIIIIIIITTCH. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
Wonder Woman '84 reminds me of Terminator: Dark Fate.
These movies are enjoyable in a turn-off-your-brain kind of way because when you start thinking about it, nothing makes sense.

I'll be dropping my spoiler filled review shortly.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Soul:- 4/10

You people are mad for making me download this when I could have downloaded SpongeBob

The Witches:- 6/10 that Brian kid ISSA bastard, figuratively and literally
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
Gmajor:
Wonder Woman '84 reminds me of Terminator: Dark Fate.
These movies are enjoyable in a turn-off-your-brain kind of way because when you start thinking about it, nothing makes sense.

I'll be dropping my spoiler filled review shortly.
No offense but your reviews are always misses, no hits...I'm not looking forward to it smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
abduleez1:
DC and WB bringing in the HEAT.....

HATERS gon HATE.
BIIITCH GON BIIIIIIIITTCH. grin grin grin

Bruh how will they pull this off?

[img]https://c./xgDmUszn5PYAAAAM/clapping-happy.gif[/img]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
pu7pl3:
Soul:- 4/10

You people are mad for making me download this when I could have downloaded SpongeBob

The Witches:- 6/10 that Brian kid ISSA bastard, figuratively and literally

I swear that Brian they very Useless and Stupid....
The guy is stupidly annoying in a funny kind of way.

Just like make person waka go Ayelala shrine dey dare am make him do him worst. Na look Ogun go just dey dey smile. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
pu7pl3:

Bruh how will they pull this off?

[img]https://c./xgDmUszn5PYAAAAM/clapping-happy.gif[/img]

4 theatrical release. 2 HBOMax Films. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.