Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3785904 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Cousin9999: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Queen and Slim is a good film. I have to figure it got bad reviews out of racism.

It's so many things: road trip film, romcom, on the run, political, love jones, dramedy.

It reminds me of films I can't recall. There definitely haven't been films like this for a while, at least not American or black American.

It's beautifully shot. And Jodie is stunning.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Soul. 8.5/10.

This is a must watch. Pixar never disappoints. What a beautiful animation.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
One hour into WW 84. Patiently waiting for it to become trash as the wise sages have deigned.

Meanwhile, lick ya screen tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

What Karma? Everyone lost what they gained originally with the wish they made- which means that the villain didnt have any real comeuppance since he suffered the same fate as everyone. And can you actually lose what was never truly yours?

The villain who is a conman didnt get any repercussions for his deceitfulness. The villain who in theory still has access to the wish-stone. If he renounces his wish, then the wish-stone comes back into existence.

The son made the wish in the middle of the film. It didnt happen until the end of the film. This is unlike every other wish that was instantaneous.

The wish-stone itself does not suffer consequences for granting wishes. When the villain became the wish-stone, he shouldnt have had any consequences.

False. A con man knows when to end the con. He stated that he wanted to be number 1 in oil and wanted his son to be proud of him. There was no reason for him to create further chaos. His office was already too chaotic for him.

There is romance and there is disney romance. Furthermore, wonderwoman has a dry pussy. She couldnt find another man for over 35 years since WW2. Steve Trevor was the only guy that could satisfy her lol......wetin happen to superman's super penis.

The ending was quite silly. The positive christmas spirit when there was chaos days before lol.

I can agree that the romance was the biggest strenght of the movie, it was also too much.

Pacing and action are different things. The pacing was off. There were slow downs in certain scenes.

The action too was a bit too little. How can one have so much power only not to use it? The Joker can get away with little action because no one has superpowers in the movie. But wonderwoman has many powers- lasso of truth, super-strenght, super durability, healing factor, power bracelets, atheleticism etc.

There is still more-
1. Unnecessary wokeness- as usual, all the men in the movie are assholes except steve trevor (the actress's bae). Toxic feminism
2. Unnecessarily remixing Cheetah's origin story
3. Weak soundtrack. I was expecting so many old school beats from 1980-1990. See stranger things, Anna and Atomic blonde.
4. How did Steve Trevor get his watch back (because he gave it to wonderwoman when they first met again

Me too

Lmaoo bruh grin grin now you're just reaching, desperately

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
This is why Nigeria cannot move forward.

Nigerians cannot remove clear bias from their thinking.

Out of spite our reviewers here are giving wonderwoman 1984 ratings of 8/10 and 9/10

When all the professional film critics and even audience reviews generally give it a 6/10 due to it being short of the hype.

The movie is just like alexistaiwo's manhood;
Weak action
Simping to women
rushed climax
You need to calm down. You are carried away with your opinion of what the rating of a movie should be. All your so called professional critics also have deep biases which manifest codedly. They use multiplicity of words to cover it. Allow the rest of us to enjoy our movie the way it is. How has this comment got to do with the progress of Nigeria? I think your comments will be very helpful in Nollywood threads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
WW84 is so overrated angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
xynerise:
Isn’t it a little to early to call it overrated? I mean this movie came out on Friday so it’s normal if people are still talking about it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
xynerise:
It's rated 5.9/10 on IMDB, 65% on Rotten Tomatoes and 59% on Metacritic. How low do you want it to be rated exactly?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Top gun 8/10

Citizen kane 8.5/10

WW84 6/10

Interestingly, I am a die hard marvel fanboy, I don't watch dc movies asides the animations, and even then self, I feel so dirty, I have refused to watch all DC movies, shazam, batman, aquaman, batman v superman, I watched Christopher nolan's batman and the old versions of superman, the rest? God forbid

But wonder woman, I have watched both movies, something about her character draws me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Isn’t it a little to early to call it overrated? I mean this movie came out on Friday so it’s normal if people are still talking about it

It came out in cinemas on dec 16th
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Midway: 2/4 stars

So many moving parts that don't come together coupled with poor transitioning between scenes.

However, the pacific battle scenes are quite beautiful.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

It came out in cinemas on dec 16th

Selected cinemas, worldwide release was Christmas right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
iamJ:
Top gun 8/10

Citizen kane 8.5/10

WW84 6/10

Interestingly, I am a die hard marvel fanboy, I don't watch dc movies asides the animations, and even then self, I feel so dirty, I have refused to watch all DC movies, shazam, batman, aquaman, batman v superman, I watched Christopher nolan's batman and the old versions of superman, the rest? God forbid

But wonder woman, I have watched both movies, something about her character draws me
Why don’t you watch DC movies? Are you afraid you might begin to like them? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
Wonder Woman 1984 ............8/10

Just finished watching this fun movie.

Cinematography was lit.
The action wasn't as expected but it was decent, Cheetah final fight was the best.
It was entertaining, what it lacks in Action it compensates in Story, Dialogue and delivery.

But Damn, kudos to beautiful performances by Pedro Pascal and Kristen, they made this movie tick. Max Lord is officially my Best Villain in recent DCEU offering (it's a tight one Vs Gen. Zod but maybe after the excitement dial down I'll be sure).
The story and delivery was great. The ending could have been better but it was Ok.

Although didn't fancy the "Donner feel" too much, it's alright. This movie beats the Original Overall to me.
Hans Zimmer is a blessing. grin

People hoping for incredible action all gung go is in for a big shock. grin

@ pu7pl3 you see the Post credits scene of Asteria(Linda Carter). What do you think Part 3 gonna be...I would kill for a Nubia introduction. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Selected cinemas, worldwide release was Christmas right?

False.

dec 26th was for online streaming release on HBO Max

I watched it right here in Naija on dec 16th.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
BlackManta:

Patty Jenkins said WB got two more stories planned for Diana but she doesn't know if she will direct it...

She better direct it oo

She'd definitely direct just playing coy. Mainly said not sure if the part 3 isn't going to theaters Exclusively.
Not sure of a fourth movie, probably referencing the Spin off.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lmaoo bruh grin grin now you're just reaching, desperately

grin grin

lol.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Cinematography was lit.
The action wasn't as expected but it was decent, Cheetah final fight was the best.
It was entertaining, what it lacks in Action it compensates in Story, Dialogue and delivery.

But Damn, kudos to beautiful performances by Pedro Pascal and Kristen, they made this movie tick. Max Lord is officially my Best Villain in recent DCEU offering (it's a tight one Vs Gen. Zod but maybe after the excitement dial down I'll be sure).
The story and delivery was great. The ending could have been better but it was Ok.

Although didn't fancy the "Donner feel" too much, it's alright. This movie beats the Original Overall to me.

@ pu7pl3 you see the Post credits scene of Asteria(Linda Carter). What do you think Part 3 gonna be...I would kill for a Nubia introduction. cheesy

Abeg, what is "donner feel"?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dotng:

You need to calm down. You are carried away with your opinion of what the rating of a movie should be. All your so called professional critics also have deep biases which manifest codedly. They use multiplicity of words to cover it. Allow the rest of us to enjoy our movie the way it is. How has this comment got to do with the progress of Nigeria? I think your comments will be very helpful in Nollywood threads.

lol.....a word is enough for the wise.

The sheep reviewers are being separated from the goats
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
iamJ:
Top gun 8/10

Citizen kane 8.5/10

WW84 6/10

Denying yourself nice things because of fanboyism grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Why don’t you watch DC movies? Are you afraid you might begin to like them? grin
another angle grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Wonder Woman 1984

First off, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this movie.

People just have this prejudiced notion that a comic book adaption should be an action scenes fest all through which explains why a lot of people have issues with Joaquin Phoenix "Joker".

3.3/4 for me.

Preach!!!!! My brother Preach!!!

I don't understand how they expect the same formula over and over again for different characters. sad Seems Maar Vell has spoilt them with the Formulaic approach to movies.

I wonder if these same peeps will be expecting all out action if The Sandman was adapted for movie. undecided
Anyways we'll see what Netflix has for is with the upcoming series. Also expect b!!tch_es wanna have a say and b!!tch all day.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Cinematography was lit.

if Patty continues at the helm I think there is a story there with Nubia playing like a sidekick/mentor role..her Cameo was a welcome suprise that many people didnt grasp the significance of, I don't blame them tho cos her version of WW wasn't that popular...

I don't think Cheetah is going to go away too so I'm hoping she would be the main villain for part 3...the injustice League is getting complete
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Abeg, what is "donner feel"?

The ending— last five minutes felt like the Donner/ Christopher Reeves movie with its little bit of Campiness. Also the Shopping Mall scene had it sprinkled on it.

At least it was delivered intelligently and not the horsesh!|t Joss tried to give us. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

False.

dec 26th was for online streaming release on HBO Max

I watched it right here in Naija on dec 16th.
Very well then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
pu7pl3:

if Patty continues at the helm I think there is a story there with Nubia playing like a sidekick/mentor role..her Cameo was a welcome suprise that many people didnt grasp the significance of, I don't blame them tho cos her version of WW wasn't that popular...

I don't think Cheetah is going to go away too so I'm hoping she would be the main villain for part 3...the injustice League is getting complete

Yea, I think so too. If Patty continues I think Nubia is the big Plan for the spin off. Noticed the first scene in Themyschria were the Dark Amazon emerged winner.
I know it was a bit of Black pandering but it was done with subtlety.

I hope Cheetah continues in the Franchise...she's too good to let go at this point.
Yea, same thought I had.... Injustice League or League of Doom in MOTION!!! grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

The ending— last five minutes felt like the Donner/ Christopher Reeves movie with its little bit of Campiness. Also the Shopping Mall scene had it sprinkled on it.

At least it was delivered intelligently and not the horsesh!|t Joss tried to give us. angry

The "donner feel" is actually the problem of the movie, especially the ending.

I would describe the mall scene as a thematic setting of 80s american rise in capitalism and boom in technology. It was also in stranger things.

But whatever, your ilk will never agree that the WW84 is let down. #WW419

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Yea, I think so too. If Patty continues I think Nubia is the big Plan for the spin off. Noticed the first scene in Themyschria were the Dark Amazon emerged winner.
I know it was a bit of Black pandering but it was done with subtlety.

I hope Cheetah continues in the Franchise...she's too good to let go at this point.
Yea, same thought I had.... Injustice League or League of Doom in MOTION!!! grin cheesy

Yeah, cant wait for DC to release those flops in the future undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
This abdulsleeky sef.

In DCEU, Have Wonder Woman met Superman in '84?

He is just grasping at straws to justify his bias.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
alexistaiwo:
This abdulsleeky sef.

In DCEU, Have Wonder Woman met Superman in '84?

He is just grasping at straws to justify his bias.

"Woosh"!!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the joke flying over your block head.

It does not have to be superman. She (wonderwoman) couldnt find a good guy in over 30 years. Amazonian pusssy running dry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
Is it my fault that you made a dumb joke I am too intelligent to comprehend?

AbdulSleeky:

"Woosh"!!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the joke flying over your block head.

It does not have to be superman. She (wonderwoman) couldnt find a good guy in over 30 years. Amazonian pusssy running dry.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
Another one of our "esteemed reviewers" claimed that Max Lord in WW 84 is the best DCEU villain.

Which is quite telling of how poor DC has been in portraying villains in the DCEU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Nickshrapnel and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.