Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3785024 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Is it my fault that you made a dumb joke I am too intelligent to comprehend?

It is not my fault that I made an intelligent joke that you are too dumb to comprehend.

cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
I am not doing this, though you feel right at home, I am not. I am out of the mud.

AbdulSleeky:

It is not my fault that I made an intelligent joke that you are too dumb to comprehend.

cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
This is why Nigeria cannot move forward.

Nigerians cannot remove clear bias from their thinking.

Out of spite our reviewers here are giving wonderwoman 1984 ratings of 8/10 and 9/10

When all the professional film critics and even audience reviews generally give it a 6/10 due to it being short of the hype.

The movie is just like alexistaiwo's manhood;
Weak action
Simping to women
rushed climax
what parameters or criteria or whatever do movie critics use in rating a movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
armadeo:

Lol. I swear. I saw it too.

Meanwhile WW1984.

Dont see what the hate is all about. I found the film entertaining. rewatchable film maybe but definitely not as bad as it's being painted.

Didnt like the flying part though ( common leave that to clark ).

Cheetah wasnt well utilized to me

I think the focus was more on wonder woman as a person than an action movie.

8.0/10.

Yea Cheetah felt underused. Probably prepping her for a bigger role in a future movie. DC seems to be getting how to save the best for last. <<<<Same logic with keeping Black Manta for bigger things.>>> Same with Black Adam.

Didn't like the flight too much especially the end flight. But it seems logical to bring Wonder Woman's Flight to the table already. She can do that in the comics, most people forget that and reserve it for Supes. I was only expecting the Flight in WW3.

But the funny thing is her first flight is the scene I find most ICONIC. Just like Superman's first flight scene in MOS.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

"Woosh"!!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the joke flying over your block head.

It does not have to be superman. She (wonderwoman) couldnt find a good guy in over 30 years. Amazonian pusssy running dry.

She didn't find a guy because she didn't go looking for one...

The movie made it clear that she turns down down men anytime they start making advances...like at the party where she wore white gown looking stunning and all.

Two men or so made advances and she ignored them, a third guy started following and she kept telling him she's not interested until it turned out the guy was Steve Trevor...

It's obvious that men came for her in those 30 years without Steve and she brushed them aside...the film hinted it but you totally missed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

"Woosh"!!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the joke flying over your block head.

It does not have to be superman. She (wonderwoman) couldnt find a good guy in over 30 years. Amazonian pusssy running dry.

Are you underestimating the capability of Amazonians to survive without penis

Those women living on that island for hundreds of years without a single man, their pussy don dry finish

Penis is overrated angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
BlackManta:

She didn't find a guy because she didn't go looking for one...

The movie made it clear that she turns down down men anytime they start making advances...like at the party where she wore white gown looking stunning and all.

Two men or so made advances and she ignored them, a third guy started following and she kept telling him she's not interested until it turned out the guy was Steve Trevor...

It's obvious that men came for her in those 30 years without Steve and she brushed them aside...the film hinted it but you totally missed it

I didn't miss it.

I also noticed that she also felt lonely at a restaurant as she was dining alone and watching other couples.

What kind of biitch is lonely but avoids looking for companionship from men? Answer- a ridiculously fake woke idea of what a strong woman should be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
BlackManta:

Are you underestimating the capability of Amazonians to survive without penis

Those women living on that island for hundreds of years without a single man, their pussy don dry finish

Yes. They haven't been around men so they don't know what they are missing.

Dry puzzays
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Osirawboy:

They get mind as they didn't go the Disney/Mavel Route. I'm guessing they'll take the Box office loss but in New Subscribers... they will probably lose more than $3 billion over the next yr. They must really believe in HBO MAX and I hope it works for them

By the stats I'm seeing I hear WB is only losing just a little over $1bn. And that's very optimistic news if it pans out so. Cos their movies for next year ehn have blockbuster production budget and expected blockbusters revenue.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

I didn't miss it.

I also noticed that she also felt lonely at a restaurant as she was dining alone and watching other couples.

What kind of biitch is lonely but avoids looking for companionship from men? Answer- a ridiculously fake woke idea of what a strong woman should be.

She looks at couples not because she wants a man of her own but because she clearly misses Steve Trevor even after 40 years.

She's just hung up over the guy and misses his companionship.

Women who are head over heels in love with a particular guy will often find it difficult dating another man.

That's fact
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
BlackManta:

She looks at couples not because she wants a man of her own but because she clearly misses Steve Trevor even after 40 years.

She's just hung up over the guy and misses his companionship.

Women who are head over heels in love with a particular guy will often find it difficult dating another man.

That's fact

Abeg. Time heals all wounds.

Just because her lover is dead, she never gets over him and masturbates for over 30 years? Lies.

39 years is a long time

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Osirawboy: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

By the stats I'm seeing I hear WB is only losing just a little over $1bn. And that's very optimistic news if it pans out so. Cos their movies for next year ehn have blockbuster production budget and expected blockbusters revenue.

Mortal kombat, Dune, Kong Vs Godzilla, Matrix 4 , Maligant, Sherlok holmes 3, Space dam, Tom & Jerry, Suicide Squad 2 etc. These movies could definitely bring more than $3billion easy without massive promotion campaigns budget. No way they aren't losing that much in 2021
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Dry puzzays

Guy if you no Sabi something no dey yarn Okoto.

And how do the Amazons multiply there numbers or replace their Ranks?? grin
In Case you don't know in the comics dey sleep with men(sailors) and kill them when it's mating season. grin
At times go into the world, blend in, get pregnant and return.
Even if we want to forsake that storyline, is it men who raped, killed and sacked them of their land and territory you expect them to love and enjoy being with??
Asides that they aren't mere mortals, so things of the flesh ain't there paramount concern. Besides, Amazons copulate with themselves when the need arises.

You no know the lore no mean say e no exist.

This is why I hate arguing CBM's with average Joes. angry sad Forgive them oo Co(s)mic Lord for they know not what their Orifice Sputters. sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Guy if you no Sabi something no dey yarn Okoto.

And how do the Amazons multiply there numbers or replace their Ranks?? grin
In Case you don't know in the comics dey sleep with men(sailors) and kill them when it's mating season. grin
Even if we want to forsake that storyline, is it men who raped, killed and sacked them of their land and territory you expect them to love and enjoy being with??
Asides that they aren't mere mortals, so things of the flesh ain't there paramount concern. Besides, Amazons copulate with themselves when the need arises.

You no know the lore no mean say e no exist.

This is why I hate arguing CBM's with average Joes. angry sad Forgive them oo Co(s)mic Lord for they know not what their Orifice Sputters. sad

Ogbeni, are you high?

Surely, I was making jokes based on the movie version.

Calm your tits down
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Dry puzzays

Maybe they scissor themselves at night

Never underestimate the ability of human beings when it comes to improvisation.

Sure they don't know what penis feels like but hundreds of years is enough for at least one of them to discover that her body feels good anytime she rubs her clitoris, she would reveal that fantastic discovery to her colleagues and before you know it they are scissoring at night.

No need for penis.

Like I said....human beings will improvise.

No way there are dry pussys on that island.
I doubt it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
Osirawboy:

Mortal kombat, Dune, Kong Vs Godzilla, Matrix 4 , Maligant, Sherlok holmes 3, Space dam, Tom & Jerry, Suicide Squad 2 etc. These movies could definitely bring more than $3billion easy without massive promotion campaigns budget. No way they aren't losing that much in 2021

Guy, no need to give me the list. I know the movies.

The actual analysts who resides in the thinks otherwise.

Also those movies are still appearing in theatres. Just with HBOMax touch to it. They'll earn with HBOMax and limited theatres capacity.

Anyone thinking movies will come back to previous earnings in 2021 is joking. Heck, no one is sure if a single movie will earn up to a Billion dollars sef. undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
abduleez1:

(
What do they do with the male child? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Ogbeni, are you high?

Surely, I was making jokes based on the movie version.

Calm your tits down

Na now I know say you wan just make noise for noise sake. grin

Rest guy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
What do they do with the male child? grin

Your guess is as good as mine... grin

Na to kill or abandon am. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

The "donner feel" is actually the problem of the movie, especially the ending.

I would describe the mall scene as a thematic setting of 80s american rise in capitalism and boom in technology. It was also in stranger things.

But whatever, your ilk will never agree that the WW84 is let down. #WW419

Yea, I get the 80's vibe in Mall scene.

It only let me down on the big action I was expecting but overall it was a better movie than the first.
It was more of Character devt of Diana and her relationships and struggles. It delivered.
The ending was far better than the Original, even tho the Original had better Action scenes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Abeg. Time heals all wounds.

Just because her lover is dead, she never gets over him and masturbates for over 30 years? Lies.

39 years is a long time
It's 76 years, actually.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
sajmark:
shout out to all of us who had to visit Wikipedia to read the plot of tenet halfway into the movie... here is a wallpaper for for the stress.
vulture.com is a better guide
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2020
Finally done watching Wonder Woman. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Stellar performances from the main cast.

And my man, Hans Zimmer, still got it. Why wasn't anyone talking about the sweet, sweet music or y'all just don't care about OSTs? Be a shame though, cos this, right here, is platinum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlhLQzV1uPg

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:31am On Dec 28, 2020
@ pu7pl3 BlackManta

No more skepticism, it's happening with Krabby "Patty". grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 3:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Even a feminist geek site did not like wonder woman 1984. The feminist site (TheMarySue) gave it 2 out of 5. That is 4/10

Reasons why the feminist site did not like the new wonder woman movie

1. Body invasion and rape- [/b]Steve Trevor was resurrected in another man's body. Steve invaded another man's body and had sex with wonder woman. The innocent man's body was violated.

[b]2. Wonder woman, an Isreali actress beating up Arab soldiers in Egypt-
Are you aware that wonder woman is banned in Lebanon because of Gal Gadot's time in the isreali army? No why would there be a scene in the movie of Wonder woman thrashing Arab soldiers? hmmm?

3. Lack of people of colour- hmmm

4. Boring- two different reviewers on that site called the movie "generally boring".

pu7pl3, abduleez1, alexistaiwo, blackmanta.....come and see facts grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2020
Wonder woman 1984 6.5/10

I must say, DC dropped the bar on this one, not what anyone would expect going into the movie, in an era where the standards for superhero movies have been taken so high, this cheesy action flick doesn't cut it.

Just because a movie is set in 1984 doesn't mean it has to feel like it was made for that era, wonder phucin woman is not a character to experiment with.

That being said, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, I was underwhelmed myself, but there are some positives to take from the picture, for example, it's purely character driven, we get to see diana struggle with a huge internal conflict and the outcome of her decision will change her forever, even the main villain isn't cookie cutter either, he was a man you can sympathize with.

But the resolution of the final conflict felt so ridiculous I couldn't believe it was even happening, a catastrophe like that doesn't just get resolved by a weak ass speech by someone nobody knows, it just felt ham handed.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
Even a feminist geek site did not like wonder woman 1984. The feminist site (TheMarySue) gave it 2 out of 5. That is 4/10

1. Body invasion and rape- [/b]Steve Trevor was resurrected in another man's body. Steve invaded another man's body and had sex with wonder woman. The innocent man's body was violated.

Are you aware that wonder woman is banned in Lebanon because of Gal Gadot's time in the isreali army? No why would there be a scene in the movie of Wonder woman thrashing Arab soldiers? hmmm?

4. Boring- two different reviewers on that site called the movie "generally boring".

pu7pl3, abduleez1, alexistaiwo, blackmanta.....come and see facts grin grin grin

You want to drag us into your wokeness. Now I can understand the criteria you use for your reviews. I didn't know that your company of reviewers have this issues.

None of their points makes sense across board. It only applies to their colony.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2020
abduleez1:

Yea, I think so too. If Patty continues I think Nubia is the big Plan for the spin off. Noticed the first scene in Themyschria were the Dark Amazon emerged winner.
I know it was a bit of Black pandering but it was done with subtlety.

I hope Cheetah continues in the Franchise...she's too good to let go at this point.
Yea, same thought I had.... Injustice League or League of Doom in MOTION!!! grin cheesy

I didn't even catch the black pandering part grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

these people obviously lack brains and it's sad to see you're pandering to them, I thought you knew better bruh...

General movie tropes:- waking up in someone else's body, has been done several times, it's not the first and it won't be the last either

If an Arab soldier fvcks up so an Israeli superhero shouldn't treat his fvck up cos And mind you, all the actors involved agreed to this...

Asians, blacks etc were all portrayed in the movie...or have you forgotten that Gal herself is a person of colour? Don't also forget Babajide

The movie is anything but boring...soomany ooh, ahhh and awwwn moments
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:32am On Dec 28, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
Another one of our "esteemed reviewers" claimed that Max Lord in WW 84 is the best DCEU villain.

Which is quite telling of how poor DC has been in portraying villains in the DCEU

over 24 movies how many villains has the MCU brought to the fore that can rival Max Lord? Only Loki and Thanos after 24 movies...guy rest
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2020
Now I can see that you have no mind of your own and only make opinions in line with what other people think.

I could care less about all these trash you wrote, I downloaded WW 84 to be entertained and I was entertained.

AbdulSleeky:

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2020
Dotng:

You want to drag us into your wokeness. Now I can understand the criteria you use for your reviews. I didn't know that your company of reviewers have this issues.

None of their points makes sense across board. It only applies to their colony.

Lol.....I made 5 points of my own that are very different from theirs.

Here are my reasons why we 1984 is not that good

AbdulSleeky:

See this one.

Joker had better ratings (imdb) than both wonderwoman movies with lesser action than both movies. Joker also earned more money at the box office and had better awards.

Unless you are talking about your razz mushin friends, people did not have a problem with the lack of action in the joker.

Now, wonderwoman 1984 has more than just a lack of action as a problem.

1. There was no punishment for the villain who caused untold global havoc.

2. The logic of the wishes was not consistent..The villain's son originally wished for the father to be closer to him and it didn't come true at that moment. The villain wished to be the wishing stone. But the wishing stone did not gain or lose any powers after a wish.

3. The villain's motivation made no sense. He was a con man that wanted to be big in oil. He didn't need to start becoming a global wish master tyrant after making it in oil.

4. The sappy romance- the way the movie ended as if it was a Disney children's movie with everyone being happy at a snowy Christmas (despite worldwide chaos days before). The fake coincidence of meeting Steve Trevor's body vessel at the end.

5. The pacing of the film. The first wonderwoman was linear and easy to follow with the action increasingly ramped up. This movie was slow at times and was not as tightly fit.

So much more.

Unless you are a better reviewer than most movie reviewers, ww1984 has many problems

Cc pu7pl3

(1) (2) (3) ... (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.