Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3742910 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2021
StPete:

Waste of time explaining myself to you. It wasn't worth it. Adios
Speaking as if you actually had anything tangible to say. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
So because it's not an action movie, it should be rated poorly?

WW84 was advertised as a Superhero experience, therefore, the blame for failing to actualize its own projections lies strictly on the studio. Consumers dissatisfaction is completely excusable.

Having said that, I enjoyed the film.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
Your 3D seems to be Aba made.

Still better than you who watched it with two eyes but processed it with your ass instead of your brain.......

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:49am On Jan 21, 2021
abdurrazaq:
Wonder Woman 1984 (2020; Hollywood)

This is a good sequel to the first installment. The display of emotions, weakness, vulnerability, strength, helplessness and fear in Wonder woman was fantastic. I could not have asked for a different seque.

8.5/10
Don't even know if this is sarcasm but i for one could have asked for a better sequel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
You had 4 major action sequences and a few other scenes in between. Wtf were you expecting? Action scenes from start to end?
Kaycee7:
So because it's not an action movie, it should be rated poorly?

A superhero has superpowers. In a superhero movie, the superhero is expected to use his or her superpowers. In short, action is expected where superpowers are involved.

Okay, the director of the WW84 movie decided not to do much action- no problem. However, the drama in the movie was not even good drama. The bad guy was a joke. A forgettable snake-oil salesman. The plot was ridiculously filled with plot holes and ra.pe. The ending was quite foolish and the bad guy got no comeuppance- apparently, crime pays.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

WW84 was advertised as a Superhero experience, therefore, the blame for failing to actualize its own projections lies strictly on the studio. Consumers dissatisfaction is completely excusable.

Stop speaking from both sides of your mouth. That last sentence is contradictory. You wanted action and didnt get it but you enjoyed it?

Please, what did you enjoy? The forgettable villain? The flimsy logic of the way the wishes were granted? The ra.pe of the Steve Trevor body double? The nonsense fight between cheetah and wonderwoman?

Really?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Superhero experience doesn't directly imply a total action package. There was quite enough action sequences in the movie. The arguments I understand are those complaining that the action sequences in themselves were not satisfying. I don't really agree with that opinion but I can understand it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

A superhero has superpowers. In a superhero movie, the superhero is expected to use his or her superpowers. In short, action is expected where superpowers are involved.

Okay, the director of the WW84 movie decided not to do much action- no problem. However, the drama in the movie was not even good drama. The bad guy was a joke. A forgettable snake-oil salesman. The plot was ridiculously filled with plot holes and ra.pe. The ending was quite foolish and the bad guy got no comeuppance- apparently, crime pays.
Y'all really needed that arrest scene that bad, huh?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Still better than you who watched it with two eyes but processed it with your ass instead of your brain.......
I sha know that my ass is smarter than your brain

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:

Spoken like someone who truly reasons with his buttocks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
Y'all really needed that arrest scene that bad, huh?

Or better, he is kidnapped by a shadowy organisation while he is heaving out the wish stone.......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
Superhero experience doesn't directly imply a total action package. There was quite enough action sequences in the movie. The arguments I understand are those complaining that the action sequences in themselves were not satisfying. I don't really agree with that opinion but I can understand it.

Let's not kid ourselves, WW84 is a very flawed cinematic representation... but I don't overthink Superhero movies. I know they're within the boundaries of fantasy and thus, would be farcical to rationalize them in accordance with real life scenerios. Basically, I shut off my brain and try to appreciate them for what they are. In a similar vein, I was able to appreciate WW84 for its pros, and ignore the cons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Stop speaking from both sides of your mouth. That last sentence is contradictory. You wanted action and didnt get it but you enjoyed it?

Please, what did you enjoy? The forgettable villain? The flimsy logic of the way the wishes were granted? The ra.pe of the Steve Trevor body double? The nonsense fight between cheetah and wonderwoman?

Really?

You know, it might be a foreign concept to you, but not everything is black and white. It's conceivable to appreciate a film and still have the option to recognize every one of its imperfections.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

You know, it might be a foreign concept to you, but not everything is black and white. It's conceivable to appreciate a film and still have the option to recognize every one of its imperfections.

Lol. Interesting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
iamJ:
watched "free solo" yesterday

I dare you to remain the same afterwards cry

10/10, hands down the most thought provoking thing I have ever watched, these guys aren't scared of death, they have simulated it and don't care

He climbs mountains with no rope shocked

Professional Mountain climbers are adrenaline junkies, they live for the high, pun intended.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Let's not kid ourselves, WW84 is a very flawed cinematic representation... but I don't overthink Superhero movies. I know they're within the boundaries of fantasy and thus, would be farcical to rationalize them in accordance with real life scenerios. Basically, I shut off my brain and tries to appreciate them for what they are. In a similar vein, I was able to appreciate WW84 for its pros, and ignore the cons.
I'm not saying WW84 is a great movie. It's just decent. But it definitely doesn't deserve all the hate it's been getting.

I'd really like to hear your cons. Perhaps I might finally understand what I've been failing to notice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Spoken like someone who truly reasons with his buttocks

grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
I'm not saying WW84 is a great movie. It's just decent. But it definitely doesn't deserve all the hate it's been getting.

I'd really like to hear your cons. Perhaps I might finally understand what I've been failing to notice

Am I a Joke to you? All the cons I listed nko?

AbdulSleeky:

AbdulSleeky:

Really?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:

I don't overthink superhero movies. I know that there are trees at the side of the road, but knowing this doesn't warrant that I must stop and examine each tree.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Zeemuthafuka: 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Am I a Joke to you? All the cons I listed nko?

Guy rest FFS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
GROUNDHOG DAY Awesome movie. Made my day
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Zeemuthafuka:

Guy rest FFS

Bro...... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
John Dies at the End (2012)...6/10

The novels are much better.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky, this is so below the belt.

How can someone say that where he passes his fecal matters is smarter than where your most creative thoughts are supposed to reside?

We need a new referee on this thread and I am temporarily volunteering for the post till a permanent one is appointed.

Kaycee7:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kaycee7:
grin
that's how to spread dem cheeks

Her arc still needs some work
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Calibrator:
AbdulSleeky, this is so below the belt.

How can someone say that where he passes his fecal matters is smarter than where your most creative thoughts are supposed to reside?

We need a new referee on this thread and I am temporarily volunteering for the post till a permanent one is appointed.

Yawn.

undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
oyaskii:
Don't even know if this is sarcasm but i for one could have asked for a better sequel.

LMAO. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
My grouse with WW84 wasn't that the director failed with her attempt at adding "soul" to the movie; I mean Endgame had a lot of soul in it, but culminated in a wonderful fight scene.

My grouse with WW84 was that the final fight scene was yawn-inducing. After all the unnecessary elonagated storyline, the fight scene was just bleh. One of the worst fight scenes I've watched in a superhero movie in recent times.

I was too hyped for it hence my disappointment. I expected a lot more after the initial progress of its prequel.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
AbdulSleeky:

Lol. Interesting

Yea, very interesting. undecided

I stand with Dande.

For example:

My gripe with WW84; how the fvvk did they magical grant countries worldwide nukes and didn't deem it fit to give Nigeria some few dozens? angry
Imagine giving fvvking neighboring Cameroon, Chad and Cote d'Ivoire of all people. angry

Patty Jenkins needs serious lashings of koboko aswear. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Beorn:
My grouse with WW84 wasn't that the director failed with her attempt at adding "soul" to the movie; I mean Endgame had a lot of soul in it, but culminated in a wonderful fight scene.

My grouse with WW84 was that the final fight scene was yawn-inducing. After all the unnecessary elonagated storyline, the fight scene was just bleh. One of the worst fight scenes I've watched in a superhero movie in recent times.

I was too hyped for it hence my disappointment. I expected a lot more after the initial progress of its prequel.

I don't understand why you peeps keep crying bout the Action and ending in WW84. Patty Jenkins doesn't have OTT action/fight sequence as her strong suit. That's in the purview of Zack.

If the Original Wonder Woman is anything to go by, you'd have known Jenkins isn't too good with final battle or endings. She kinda messed up Ares final battle with Diana and fans weren't cool with it. That was even the major gripe of that movie.

I didn't overly expect much and I wasn't disappointed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Get ready!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
abduleez1:

I don't understand why you peeps keep crying bout the Action and ending in WW84. Patty Jenkins doesn't have OTT action/fight sequence as her strong suit. That's in the purview of Zack.

If the Original Wonder Woman is anything to go by, you'd have known Jenkins isn't too good with final battle or endings. She kinda messed up Ares final battle with Diana and fans weren't cool with it. That was even the major gripe of that movie.

I didn't overly expect much and I wasn't disappointed.

Wait, so she was the woman that messed the Ares and Diana final battle? Didn't even know.
Why did they allow her direct the sequel then? They'd have chosen another person to direct WW84. Better fight scenes would've papered over whatsoever cracks the movie might have had.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) (2413) (2414) (2415) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: MeMiTi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.